Sign in to follow this  
asmariya

Returning Player: Where to Start?

asmariya   

Hi everyone, I recently decided to try Blade and Soul again. I played it when the game first came out and mostly stopped playing do to the download client never being able to download any game patches with download speeds always dropping to zero. (Tried contacting support and my ISP a trillion times with no solution, still have this issue today, so I had to download the game elsewhere. I can download every other game just fine, its just B&S). Anyhow, I wanted to know what I should be starting off with gear wise? Are the Hongmoon gears you get in the beginning still being used as the weapon of choice now? I know before we had to consistently upgrade them til end game. Also, are there any other tips that anyone may recommend that may benefit me? I never got too into the game because of the download issues, but I'm hoping now I'll be able to play some.

Dlacik   

Welcome back.

The hongmoon weapon and accessories have been removed. Now you get non-upgradable weapon and accessories through story quests.

First upgradable weapon is baleful or seraph legendary weapon and you will also get this one for free from story quest. If the weapon you get from quest doesn't have all gem slots open, you can sell it and buy a new one for 5 naryu silver from merchant in Grand Harvest Square.

You will get non-upgradable solak accessories (purple) from story quest and you can buy hollow accessories for 10 naryu silver each from merchant in Valindria.
The quest "The Dead Refuse to Die" which requires you to defeat last boss in Ebondrake Citadel, Desolate Tomb, Naryu Foundry and the 16th floor of Mushin Tower, will give you 200 draken core. You can use these to purchase legendary accessories. The legendary bracelet gives biggest boost so you should prioritize this one. The bracelet chest costs 100 draken core and requires unrefined tiger bracelet or unrefined divine dragon bracelet to open. You can get these as a drop from Mushin Tower 16-20, or for 5 yunsang prayer beads (tokens obtainable in these floors of Mushin Tower). You can also get 5 yunsang prayer beads for completing quest "Know Thine Enemy part 2" which requires you to finish Naryu Sanctum, Irontech Forge, Ebondrake Lair, Starstone Mines and Hollow's Heart dungeons.

Necklace, belt, ring and earring costs 100 draken core each, or you can get them for 50 draken core + 8000 celestial peaches. You can get celestial peaches for quests in Celestial Basin.

You will get Sacred Longgui soulshield set from story quest.

The quest "Know Thine Enemy part 1" requires you to kill bosses in easy weekly raids (Snowjade Fortress, Fallen Aransu School, Dawn of Khanda Vihar) will give you parts 1-3 of Raven soulshield set. And the quest "Know Thine Enemy part 2" will give you parts 4 and 5 of same set.

All these quests will also give you decent amount of celestial peaches, which you can youse to get accessories or mystic badge.

For PvP weapon and soulshields there is a quest series "Test Your Might" that gives Galaxy weapon stage 3 and basic battleground soulshields.

Edited by Dlacik