Koldrak's Lair Timing for Asia Players

prietess

Hello, how do asian players tackle timing constraint for Koldrak's Lair?

They are like 6am(?), 9am, 12pm, 3pm and I guess there is one at 3am Asia timezone? Current timing are not friendly for people having a job in Asia timezone.

I could only do koldrak on weekends and hence even if i have been playing for 4 months, i still couldn't get enough Scales for Garnet gem.

Can I propose at least one time slot for Koldrak that is ''friendly'' for Asian players when most asian players are online?

For example it could be 9pm GMT+8 timezone or 00am GMT+8 timezone.

Don't you think that we deserve at least 1?

Can GM please consider this ?

Edited by prietess
  • Like 1

Its most likly like that because asians arent targeted customers. Na and eu were targeted to na and eu ppl so i realy doubt they gona change it just because ppl from other regions plays here. Although i woul suggest them to add more koldrak times during day. Like every 2-3h starting from midnight that would solve this problem not only for ppl who choose to play from other regions but also for ppl who might work 2nd half of day when koldrak opens :)

5 hours ago, Onbekend said:

There's at least 4 different versions of the game in Asia. Not sure why you decided to play the western version to begin with.

Cuz English is an international language that Asian tend to learn more than Chinese, Thai or Vietnamese? In a MMORPG, being able to communicate is important to some people, enough that that they can tolerate high ping, low DPS, as long as they can blend into the community.

Sure, you can get a small group of your own people in those servers, if you search hard enough. However, remember that your group will be very small, similar to how small English speakers in Taiwan server. It is like staying at a relative's home in a foreign country without understanding the language: your activities will be much more limited, you cannot talk to everyone, and some native players may discriminate you if they know you to be a foreigner (tend to happen in Asian server).

Meanwhile, in a Western server where everyone speaks English, you with English reading/speaking skills taught from your education (Asian tends to teach English), you can easily talk to everyone, have fun in a melting-pot community. You don't need to be in a group of your own people, cuz you can just play with virtually everyone. Bonding with community is important in a MMORPG, enough to glue players to the game for a long-term playing.

Back to Koldrak's schedule, spreading the raid time out will not only benefit people from another hemisphere, but also people in the same hemisphere. Do you know some people sleep in daytime and work in nighttime? Having a more flexible schedule benefits them too, cuz they don't play at the same time as a normal native player, despite of being native players themselves.

Edited by Kozuki

18 hours ago, MantisxD said:

Its most likly like that because asians arent targeted customers. Na and eu were targeted to na and eu ppl so i realy doubt they gona change it just because ppl from other regions plays here. Although i woul suggest them to add more koldrak times during day. Like every 2-3h starting from midnight that would solve this problem not only for ppl who choose to play from other regions but also for ppl who might work 2nd half of day when koldrak opens :)

Did you mean starting from EST midnight or Asia timezone midnight?

If from EST midnight, isn't it already there? Cmiiw.

9 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Cuz English is an international language that Asian tend to learn more than Chinese, Thai or Vietnamese? In a MMORPG, being able to communicate is important to some people, enough that that they can tolerate high ping, low DPS, as long as they can blend into the community.

Sure, you can get a small group of your own people in those servers, if you search hard enough. However, remember that your group will be very small, similar to how small English speakers in Taiwan server. It is like staying at a relative's home in a foreign country without understanding the language: your activities will be much more limited, you cannot talk to everyone, and some native players may discriminate you if they know you to be a foreigner (tend to happen in Asian server).

Meanwhile, in a Western server where everyone speaks English, you with English reading/speaking skills taught from your education (Asian tends to teach English), you can easily talk to everyone, have fun in a melting-pot community. You don't need to be in a group of your own people, cuz you can just play with virtually everyone. Bonding with community is important in a MMORPG, enough to glue players to the game for a long-term playing.

Back to Koldrak's schedule, spreading the raid time out will not only benefit people from another hemisphere, but also people in the same hemisphere. Do you know some people sleep in daytime and work in nighttime? Having a more flexible schedule benefits them too, cuz they don't play at the same time as a normal native player, despite of being native players themselves.

I totally agree with you tbh.

Remember that Asia is not only China or Chinese speaking countries. There are many other countries who don't speak Chinese or the local language (Korean etc).

But we all learn English.

Very true It is very important to be able to communicate as your free will and thats the main reason why i chose NA, at the cost of incredibly high ping (400ms) and very bad maintenance timing (our evening time, normal playing time)

Back to Koldrak's timing, I don't know if writing here will help? I wrote a few topics but no GM / moderator actually really replied me so far.

I did bring this up a long time ago because I too found it really difficult. The only timing I can really go for is the one at 3am since the others would occur while I was at work.  I suggested to let Koldrak appear every 3 hours throughout the day and if the devs only ever intended for players to do it a maximum of 5 times a day they can simply put a 5/5 lockout to stop people with no jobs or school from doing all of them. I hope they never tie Koldrak to another event like they did before until they see to this issue.

Edited by Ballonbum

9 hours ago, Ballonbum said:

I did bring this up a long time ago because I too found it really difficult. The only timing I can really go for is the one at 3am since the others would occur while I was at work.  I suggested to let Koldrak appear every 3 hours throughout the day and if the devs only ever intended for players to do it a maximum of 5 times a day they can simply put a 5/5 lockout to stop people with no jobs or school from doing all of them. I hope they never tie Koldrak to another event like they did before until they see to this issue.

Oh? How long time ago, do you remember?

That's very bad........ NCSoft is not listening?

As you said, 3am timeslot is ridiculous, we have work and life too. Without work where do the money to buy Premium/NC Coins come from? And not to mention maintenance time happening at your prime time to play and very often cost you 1 day of not being able to play due to long maintenance or delayed completion (and wasted 1 day premium) and so on.

Why are they not listening? T.T Come on GM.... we are also part of the community :) If we don't deserve a few slots (6pm, 9pm, 00am GMT+8) due to our low number, don't we deserve at least 1, let's say 9pm or even 00am? hahahaha.

Edited by prietess

13 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

@prietess There is also an EN server between EU servers. The koldrak lair events here are at 2pm, 5pm, 8pm, 11pm, 2am GMT +1, that means 9pm, 12am, 3 am, 6 am, 9 am GMT +8. The first two time slots are exactly like you suggested.

Wogh that sounds nice... i have never tried EU... but then I am already at NA T.T

Edited by prietess

• 5 months later...

With new gem upcoming (fused of Garnet and Obsidian), i would like to bring up this topic again......

We need to have that chance to get garnets too.... I could only do it in weekend and weekends are already full of raids such that sometimes i miss the timing....

Please @Cyan give us GMT+8-9 players equal chance of having Koldrak Lair daily (for us who have life: study/work in day time and normal active hours, not talking about those who don't have life and play day/night 7/7 per week)....

we need at least one in our evening time.... NA people have tons of choices.... please give us at least one slot at our 9pm or 00am maybe 2 hrs after server reset or something.... >,<

Edited by prietess

6 hours ago, prietess said:

we need at least one in our evening time.... NA people have tons of choices.... please give us at least one slot at our 9pm or 00am maybe 2 hrs after server reset or something.... >,<

I work 3rd shift in NA and I can only do koldraks lair on my days off cuz I'm sleeping or working. Would love a time at this hour I play at so I can so it regularly.

Or you know what?

Just make Koldrak a dungeon for 6 man with reduced HP and QTE bar, adding it to F8. You can do it in whatever hour you feel comfortable with.

However, instead of daily lock it, just lock it for 6 hours, so you can still run it 4 times/day. That way, you can give players to be more proactive with their gaming schedule.

19 hours ago, Garlend said:

I work 3rd shift in NA and I can only do koldraks lair on my days off cuz I'm sleeping or working. Would love a time at this hour I play at so I can so it regularly.

You see GM, there are some players like this too even though they live and play in NA!

@Cyan

Please make it fair for us too, we wish to do Koldrak Lair everyday too, not only on off days......... T.T

They can easily make Koldrak appear throughout the day at 3 hour intervals and simply limit the number of times you can run it per account or character however they deem fit.  That is, if they were worried about people with no jobs, no school, no family or friends from doing too many a day.  But of course it won't happen because it makes too much sense or they "simply do not have the technology" to do so.

Edited by Ballonbum

On 4/30/2019 at 10:46 PM, Ballonbum said:

They can easily make Koldrak appear throughout the day at 3 hour intervals and simply limit the number of times you can run it per account or character however they deem fit.  That is, if they were worried about people with no jobs, no school, no family or friends from doing too many a day.  But of course it won't happen because it makes too much sense or they "simply do not have the technology" to do so.

Yes they definitely can do this if they want. It is simple coding change imo, just need to add the loop in the codes..........

This is about will.