Ability to use EXP charms in bulk

Kozuki

Similar to how you mass convert token fragments into fragments.

Before someone jumps in and said "You can just transmute them into bigger charms, slot them into an item slot, and use them while doing stuffs", let see how the process actually happens when you have over 5,000 of those 10k EXP charms:

-Transmute them into 100k EXP charms: unless you mod, each transmutation takes you 5 seconds to complete. So, 5,000 of those will take you 500 times of transformation, thus it will take you 5x500 = 2,500 seconds.

-Now you have 500 of 100k EXP charms right? Time to make them into 50 1m EXP charms. It will take you 5x50 = 250 seconds.

-You think this is the end, right? Now, let slot it into into an item slot and start to use it. Each charm cooldown is 2s, so it takes you 2x50=100 seconds.

In short, to use 5,000 EXP charms, it takes you 2,500+250+100 = 2,850 seconds of sitting doing nothing but transmutation and use charms.

Sound like a fun design, right?

"What? It only takes you nearly a hour to use all of these 5,000 of 10k Exp charms. Stop complaining", you said? You know that I have not yet included other 600 of 100k Exp charms and 80 of 1m Exp charms to the calculation? You know that I haven't even touch the charm reserve from Retrieved Mail Box, which are now like over 6,000 of different charms? You know how long to take out 30 charms from the mail box? The moment you said "But you can...", you fail to grasp the true pain of this bad design.

With upcoming EXP reduction for HM level, you will clearly want to tackle your dust-collecting EXP charms from the mailbox. Have fun doing it your own, and the currently only, way.

4 hours ago, Arohk said:

transmuting 100 into a 1 million charm would be uselful.

or they could make it like with naryu silvers / coins where you can buy naryu silvers from a merchant npc for 20 naryu coins. So in a way make the exp charms a currency to buy higher ones for the same cost as transmutation. would be also faster that waiting for that transmute animation to end.

@Kozuki

As usefull as this is i have to say: the fact that you acumulated 5000 of them its more like your problem because you dont change them on the fly than a game problem xD

12 hours ago, Liinxy said:

Thanks for all of your suggestions on how to use mass quantities of EXP charms an easier process. We'll be sending all of your suggestions off to the dev. team for consideration. 

Thanks for the reply.

13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

@Kozuki

As usefull as this is i have to say: the fact that you acumulated 5000 of them its more like your problem because you dont change them on the fly than a game problem xD

Um, you know why I and some other people don't take out the charms from mailbox?

Cuz as long as they are in mailbox, they are account-bound.

And since they are account-bound, nothing better than offload them when you decide to new class to save you a lot of time grinding. 

Also, the fact that some items are character-bound or expensive to mail, or lacking of inventory space makes players very reluctant to take out items from mailbox. 

And know what? The mailbox design is very problematic. If you have over 300 slots of any items, it will go into overflow mode where it takes time to load items. To make it worse, it cause problems for players who buy lv50 vouchers but don't use it immediately (like players who buy Black Friday deal and save voucher for Archer class, for example). Their voucher will be soon buried by loads and loads of items, which now require Support Team to help.

It is a bad design, no matter you see at it. Don't whiteknight it and push the fault to players.

1 hour ago, Kozuki said:

Thanks for the reply.

Um, you know why I and some other people don't take out the charms from mailbox?

Cuz as long as they are in mailbox, they are account-bound.

And since they are account-bound, nothing better than offload them when you decide to new class to save you a lot of time grinding. 

Also, the fact that some items are character-bound or expensive to mail, or lacking of inventory space makes players very reluctant to take out items from mailbox. 

And know what? The mailbox design is very problematic. If you have over 300 slots of any items, it will go into overflow mode where it takes time to load items. To make it worse, it cause problems for players who buy lv50 vouchers but don't use it immediately (like players who buy Black Friday deal and save voucher for Archer class, for example). Their voucher will be soon buried by loads and loads of items, which now require Support Team to help.

It is a bad design, no matter you see at it. Don't whiteknight it and push the fault to players.

Nah not whiteknighting here since i know how annoying it is. Just forgot about the account bound thing since i dont really bother with alts.

While they change this they might aswel make all the exp charms account bound to begin with tbh.

Archived