Taking steps back.

Ludicium

Can we just.. take a step back away from the upgrade tree and focus on breathing life back into the game?

I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who feels as if the game is nothing but repetition.
Each event is "run daily dungeons and weeklies" -> Exchange for event items.

Our progression is "farm materials" -> "upgrade".

Done upgrading? *releases more tiers to upgrade*.

That's basically the core of the game.

For people who aren't in it for the progression, these sorts of things might not matter as much to them. For example, people who enjoy the social aspect of the game, or the mechanics of the bosses - which...you guys manage to kill, somehow. I'm sure that it's well-known that one of the popular features of BnS is its mechanics to the bosses, and yet, you guys nerfed the dungeons to the ground. Why? To help/let more players run the dungeons and catch up/gear up faster? No. No no. Wrong way of approaching it.

I was wondering, from a personal and somewhat selfish stand point, just leave the upgrades alone for a bit? Stop including new tiers and give the newer players some breathing room to actually catch up instead of focusing on squeezing more money out of the whales. I certainly understand that you have to give the whales and maxed out players something to work towards, to spend their resources on, the desire to trove, to make more profit, etc. But there are so many untapped potential to the game that will allow you to do just that! 

Stop turning our gear into a gold and material sink and focus on.. something like fishing (that was promised a few months back). Or something that will bring the community together, that will allow better geared players to help lesser geared players. And who knows.. if fishing goes well, introduce more leisurely skills into the game! 

Some people play BnS for the social aspect of the game, some play for the mechanics, some - a lot, for a sense of progression and achievement. There's...so many things you could do to make players feel that sense of accomplishment, that sense of progression.
The longer the game continues to run, the more money you will earn. Try.. not to focus on lasting for the next decade or so just to milk whatever is left of the community, focus on creating a game that will last for the next couple of decades and players will eagerly spend their hard earn money on the game because they feel like the 'devs deserve it'...rather than making them feel like 'I need to spend to catch up'.

Just.. some thought. Idek if my voice will be heard as I am one person, but I just had to get it out there.

Edit: Nvm. They're probably just playing a catch-up game to KR. Probably have their hands tied/told to rush out content.
You guys have 4 years to catch up. I can see why this game is dying.
Squeezing 4 years worth of gearing into 2 years.. because logic always works when we are spending money to join you in that catch-up game.
I really do feel sorry for the hardcore players who don't have the luxury of being able to spend what little money they have on the game just to board your "catch-up to KR" game.

they need to realize the game base is dying so ****** fast each update they release.  people had to upgrade more stuff. I got SICK of this game I got so much sick of it. So many players are leaving and low players are joining they need to save the game stop giving us updates nothing but more boring grinding and cost reductions after so many players done upgrading their stuff. I was one of the few who loved this game and I was hoping the best for it but not anymore.

and if you want to take a break for months ?! guess what!! your gear value drop right to 0 basically everyone would be able to get it at this point.

so a friendly advice saves yourself and your time and your mentality and stop playing this game till they fix it.

Maybe it is just me who got sick of playing this game for years but so many players have the same thoughts as I do.

STOP RUSHING CONTENT.

life quality updates are the only thing I like in this game. and that's it

I agree with both you guys, and I am far less diplomatic about it.  This game is so poorly managed.  They have completely sterilized everything unique about the game, and so many events have been useless.  The pvp imbalance is insane, and the new class OP factor just makes me want to chuck my computer against the wall.  I have no idea why they feel the need for the constant removal of content and nerfage of the dungeons and mechanics.  Every patch they make the game worse instead of better.  By the look of f8 the last few days, this game will be lucky to last until the New Year.  There is just no sense of fairness.  I grind for two years for my gear, and now an alt can get it all in 2 weeks.  Don't even get me started on how ridiculous gunner and warden are.  The best way to advance in this game is not to play at all, just wait for everything to be given to you.  It's such a slap in the face.

2 hours ago, Tufa said:

I agree with both you guys, and I am far less diplomatic about it.  This game is so poorly managed.  They have completely sterilized everything unique about the game, and so many events have been useless.  The pvp imbalance is insane, and the new class OP factor just makes me want to chuck my computer against the wall.  I have no idea why they feel the need for the constant removal of content and nerfage of the dungeons and mechanics.  Every patch they make the game worse instead of better.  By the look of f8 the last few days, this game will be lucky to last until the New Year.  There is just no sense of fairness.  I grind for two years for my gear, and now an alt can get it all in 2 weeks.  Don't even get me started on how ridiculous gunner and warden are.  The best way to advance in this game is not to play at all, just wait for everything to be given to you.  It's such a slap in the face.

i agree with you 100% the best thing to do is to quit this game till they have the same tier as kr then the real game starts otherwise it is just a painful bait a big painful bait. !

17 hours ago, Ludicium said:

Can we just.. take a step back away from the upgrade tree and focus on breathing life back into the game?

I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who feels as if the game is nothing but repetition.
Each event is "run daily dungeons and weeklies" -> Exchange for event items.

Our progression is "farm materials" -> "upgrade".

Done upgrading? *releases more tiers to upgrade*.

That's basically the core of the game.

No, the core of the game is by NC standards: More $$$ = More life in the game. So by making people spend more $$$$$$$ they think the game is more alive, i think its based on dollar bills, 10 bills means omg we need to get players in, 1000 bills means omg this game is active and thriving!

16 hours ago, GrimmxD said:

i agree with you 100% the best thing to do is to quit this game till they have the same tier as kr then the real game starts otherwise it is just a painful bait a big painful bait. !

No that would be another bad move to do on their pair to make it like KR, which isn’t much better anyway. The reason why the game is failing now is for that exact reason, NCwest trying to follow the same model as other regions which just simply doesn’t work for our playerbase.

KR and NA market are so different from each other, we do not like the same things so the best thing for them to do would be to cater to our playerbase and make changes based on what NA players like and not what other players like in other regions.

However, if you meant as far as being on the same patch as KR then that will never happen, we will always be behind in patches due to them having to translate the patch and make sure it’s stable before releasing to other regions.

On 27/11/2018 at 8:12 PM, Junamaki said:

No that would be another bad move to do on their pair to make it like KR, which isn’t much better anyway. The reason why the game is failing now is for that exact reason, NCwest trying to follow the same model as other regions which just simply doesn’t work for our playerbase.

KR and NA market are so different from each other, we do not like the same things so the best thing for them to do would be to cater to our playerbase and make changes based on what NA players like and not what other players like in other regions.

However, if you meant as far as being on the same patch as KR then that will never happen, we will always be behind in patches due to them having to translate the patch and make sure it’s stable before releasing to other regions.

tho isn't the only point of patching and rushing is for p2w we did not need to go through from 45 content towards kr right now. they are doing that cuz of the trove and the rng boxes coming in the way. well people say it is even worse in kr.  sad to see a good game killed by a bad management or greedy one 

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:51 AM, GrimmxD said:

NCwest never try catch up KR after so many years ppl still believes in it. And sometimes ppl uses it to defend NCS lol

Is just BS to make us spend more $$$

today took me more than 15min to get a IF PT just epic. I think the Russian pirate server had more people back in the day that EU these days

I think you're forgetting that this is essentially just a slightly modified version of Korea.  NA has no real power to create entirely new systems that Korea doesn't have like you are suggesting.  The core of this game is a super grindy Korean MMO and that's just the way it is.

Rework "drop rate + upgrade cost" according to their "agressive patch schedule" and the "west" playerbase got nothing to do with creating a entire new system but could have help a lot....even if people come with their argument "its a korean game its supose to be grindy" i have never played a korean game that grindy....
2 set for pvp +pve we have to farm endlessly for years, legendary accesories with super low drop rate + huge upgrade cost being the "minimum" gear requierement to do raid or open world pvp???  any features related to "mmo" abandonned by devs to reward us with F8 instances and  low FPS unplayable endgame raid most of people gave up...

Just remember the last time we all took a break to chill and have fun together & live the "massive multiplayer online" experience .....that was 3 years ago during betas, then we never saw the light again

Archived