In-game problems that need to be addressed ASAP (Events, Sacred Vials, Moonstones, etc).

Rysa

All the issues mentioned below have been rampant for over a year. I'm getting tired of NCSoft not listening to complaints players have been submitting for months (years?) with no proper response, so here goes. 

1. Your events are trash. Period. Blade & Ghoul and Golden Harvest Festival were especially bad, they felt more like a hassle than anything and did not feel rewarding in the least. Events are supposed to be fun, enjoyable, and much more rewarding because heh, they're called events for a reason. 
  2. Too many Sacred Vials are required for end-game gear. Like 250+ Vials accross all accessories. Ths is insane and debilitating. It's impossible to evolve a soul for multiple characters since your main one already requires all of them. Can we farm Evolved Stones efficiently? No, we cannot. The sources are extremely scarce and there's literally no way for a F2P to gather enough Vials for max soul in a lifetime. Lower the amount of Vials needed for evolutions or provide more ways to farm Evo Stones and Demon Spirit Stones.
  3. Too many Moonstones are required for everything. Yes, they are more easily obtainable now via PvP boxes, but I don't want to be forced to play PvP to gather 10000+ moonstones needed to improve all my accessories. Increase their amount in dungeons boxes rewards, instead of Naryu Coins for instance since they are completely useless.
  4. Why did you remove Elder Dragon Strongboxes from dungeons? Not only do they allow to inject more gold into the economy, they also were an additional incentive to run dungeons multiple times. Put them back in the game, along with the 10-100-1000 gold rewards from daily challenge chest.

I know this will fall into deaf ears as usual, but enough is enough. I don't want to see BnS fall down the drain because of poor decisions.

1. If you find an event trash, you are free to not participate.

2. Because you are not supposed to upgrade everything in 1 day of playing. Gear is meant to be a long term investment.  You can farm evolved stones in celestial basin and you can actually farm them quite decently. That is the best way for f2p players to make gold and gear. Not to mention there were events in the past that gave you an upgraded pet and soul and thats how many people geared their alts. also if you dont want that you can always buy a pet and usoul from the marketplace for a few k gold.

3. You do not have to PVP...you can buy them from the marketplace since they are cheaper now. and they just recently more than halved the amount of moonstone crystals needed.

4. Because those boxes were stupid to begin with, they caused more issues than good.

Seems to me you are very unhappy with the game, but are not forced to play if it frustrates you that much.

vor 51 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

Because you are not supposed to upgrade everything in 1 day of playing.

yOU aRe NoT supPOSeD to UpgRaDE evERytHiNG iN 1 DaY

Have you ever looked at how many oils it'd take and how long this would take you via events? We're not even talking months. Its YEARS. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off with that argument, friend. Running CS on 6 chars every day lets you get one extra oil every week. It barely even makes a dent.

It sure wouldnt hurt to decrease this a bit. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ slash cut it in half and it'd still take a year.

As f2p you're basically gonna ride on reductions from your soul becoming obsolete rather than ever getting a soul thats actually considered decent. Thats right, the meta for soul is to not upgrade it and hoard all your oils and mass upgrade whenever you can achieve a signifiant milestone after reductions.

6 minutes ago, Granger said:

yOU aRe NoT supPOSeD to UpgRaDE evERytHiNG iN 1 DaY

Have you ever looked at how many oils it'd take and how long this would take you via events? We're not even talking months. Its YEARS. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off with that argument, friend. Running CS on 6 chars every day lets you get one extra oil every week. It barely even makes a dent.

It sure wouldnt hurt to decrease this a bit. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ slash cut it in half and it'd still take a year.

As f2p you're basically gonna ride on reductions from your soul becoming obsolete rather than ever getting a soul thats actually considered decent. Thats right, the meta for soul is to not upgrade it and hoard all your oils and mass upgrade whenever you can achieve a signifiant milestone after reductions.

Literally the only thing you need oils for is Soul and mystic badge. MAxing out the soul instantly is just for whales and try hards. Rest usually manage to upgrade when reductions come.

I never disagreed that its too much, because i agree that it is, but still, as longas you get to awaken tighet stage you are fine anything higher is just for whales tbh.

1. They need to be fun over being rewarding. Events aren't permanent contents or when they are, it's always dc, dc and.. dc. There's no incentive to get 20 oils from an event where you afk either, and they got it right. (thus why only a low amount of oils are available during events)

2. I agree.

Awk. mystic badges should simply ask for more Divine Grace stones and Hongmoon 6->10 should not require any oil. This is the least they could do.

But like you said, the Evolved stones + Demon Spirit stones have been an issue for far too long.

3. No opinion here, I barely use the crafting system unless I need transformation stones.

4. It's always your usual whale that was overbidding for this box so, I don't even care about them at all. Dungeons should give other incentive for running them. 

Il y a 2 heures, Grimoir a dit :

Literally the only thing you need oils for is Soul and mystic badge. MAxing out the soul instantly is just for whales and try hards. Rest usually manage to upgrade when reductions come.

Heart as well.

6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

This is a problem though, unfortunately.

Of course, many many others agree with you. and they do exact that, they don't participate. They stop playing the game. Often during this time, they try a new game. and then just like that they move on and blade and soul has lost yet another player. Which losing players = losing customers = loss of income = bleak future.

Companies can't afford to not care when people stop using their services.

There's no way around that. It's factual information.

Events NEED to be good, they NEED to be successful and keeping their customers coming back to them or else they just end up losing way too much profits. and that's when other stuff gets the price hiked up even more, to make up for the loss of income from other customers leaving. It's a lose lose for both the remaining players and the company itself. So we should continue to attempt guiding NC in the right direction because at the end of the day its both of you that end up not having fun over it even more further down the line.

6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

2. Because you are not supposed to upgrade everything in 1 day of playing. Gear is meant to be a long term investment.  You can farm evolved stones in celestial basin and you can actually farm them quite decently. That is the best way for f2p players to make gold and gear. Not to mention there were events in the past that gave you an upgraded pet and soul and thats how many people geared their alts. also if you dont want that you can always buy a pet and usoul from the marketplace for a few k gold.

Those events were great, they did a good job there after making some adjustments.

However, it is still too long a path to upgrade in this game. It's too many vials and too many pet pods. I've been around since release, master pack and all and I finally threw the towel in about a month ago. Well, I had stopped gearing about 2 months even before that. It's just too much.

I don't like advancing one milestone per month.

No, I don't want everything in a day.

But no, I don't want to need actual months to reach end-game gear to play end-game content.  In the almost 3 years I played BNS, I only truly enjoyed it to its fullest in that first year. Gearing just became too much of a drag.

How many CMs play this game again? How many have end game gear? They're not stupid, they know somethings wrong with it too. So there's no point to act like none of us can see nothings wrong with it either lol.

Too tired to quote rest, 3's whatever but the boxes..ok

The boxes really did make content worth running. I'm so tired of mega whales who trade money for gold trying to tell the rest of us how much gold we should be allowed to make. I don't care even if you had a hoard of gold from just never buying costumes. Either way, that's not the average player. The average player doesnt make much gold and struggles to pay for gear + costumes. Very very very expensive game to enjoy anything in. + all the RNG with trove and boxes...

The gold boxes in dungeons were like a last line of spare change so to get rid of those too...too much.

It's just too much lol.

They can't even release a costume properly, the boxer sets emot was missing and I didnt hear even a single word about it.

I quit. I lurk the forum still but when it comes to BnS, its just too much. No longer enjoyable experience even in the slightest.

They really need to get it together. They really need to.

8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Literally the only thing you need oils for is Soul and mystic badge. 

Most accessories for stage 9-10 breakthrough require a pristine oil now which requires a regular oil as well to make to begin with (also heart of course requires sacred oils past true hongmoon heart)

27 minutes ago, Crickateer said:

Most accessories for stage 9-10 breakthrough require a pristine oil now which requires a regular oil as well to make to begin with (also heart of course requires sacred oils past true hongmoon heart)

the accessories do not count, sinc ebefore you needed 300g to buy the breakthrough ones now you just need an oil which is basically the same cost. and yeah, heart i forgot lol. soul should have similar needs as heart imo.

5 hours ago, Showta said:

But no, I don't want to need actual months to reach end-game gear to play end-game content.  In the almost 3 years I played BNS, I only truly enjoyed it to its fullest in that first year. Gearing just became too much of a drag.

Another fun thing about this game: After you spend like nearly a year to reach a certain high-end stage, NCSoft just decides to be generous and throw in upgrade discounts. Yeah, it helps new players to have better gear. Yeah, it doesn't affect players who already has the said upgrade on day one.

But, what about players who just reach that stage one month ago, then NCSoft announces the discount. Support refuses to revert more than three tiers and the upgrade must happen within two weeks for them to accept your revert, Not mention they only do this favor once. Plus, if players have to rely on Support cuz the game screws them, something bad is happening.

That's why I stop upgrade gems, cuz everytime I do, NCWest makes the gem tier I spend months to get trivial so that they can move to next tier.

Honestly, I don't think new players need any so-called material discount. Just make new tier of crystals for players to grind (soulgem crystal, moongem crystal, or whatever), and increase supply of previous crystal tier. Similar to how they handle void fragments/blood pearls/sea glasses/blackstones/silver scales. That way, you don't have the headache of just having to balance material supply and costs, cuz you can just simply move forward.

2 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Another fun thing about this game: After you spend like nearly a year to reach a certain high-end stage, NCSoft just decides to be generous and throw in upgrade discounts. Yeah, it helps new players to have better gear. Yeah, it doesn't affect players who already has the said upgrade on day one.

But, what about players who just reach that stage one month ago, then NCSoft announces the discount. Support refuses to revert more than three tiers and the upgrade must happen within two weeks for them to accept your revert, Not mention they only do this favor once. Plus, if players have to rely on Support cuz the game screws them, something bad is happening.

That's why I stop upgrade gems, cuz everytime I do, NCWest makes the gem tier I spend months to get trivial so that they can move to next tier.

Honestly, I don't think new players need any so-called material discount. Just make new tier of crystals for players to grind (soulgem crystal, moongem crystal, or whatever), and increase supply of previous crystal tier. Similar to how they handle void fragments/blood pearls/sea glasses/blackstones/silver scales. That way, you don't have the headache of just having to balance material supply and costs, cuz you can just simply move forward.

that is normal. they should simply announce no reverts at all, period. You choose to upgrade your gear at the time, its not a secret that as content progresses gear becomes cheaper to upgrade after a time. Its your decision whether you want that gear now or you wait because you dont really need it atm to clear content.

8 hours ago, Showta said:

Fun fact is back when level cap was 45, those were the best times in terms of open world pvp and gear and pvp because you didnt have crazy op gear that makes each class broken and it didnt cost you a fortune to get them upgraded.

This is a cash shop game..  you notice oils and PTS every week in the store.. I still need more than 150 more to max my soul out and another 300 (insert swearing) pet pods.. and that is my main my 4 other alts.. well they are (insert more swearing here) out of luck because I am not going to buy them.. its beyond stupid. The population on the NA and EU shards have fallen.. continues to fall.. one day it will be like Devilian they just closed the servers.. and I suspect very soon they will close these shards and only be a ONLY Korea game There is no one that really cares what the state of the game is in. Their bottom line is not the players or the game.. its what flows through the store that counts. People paying sums of money for what exactly? basically dots n pixels..  You cant hold what you just bought.. you cant take it and place it in a drawer.. or on your desktop.. so what exactly did you spend that $300.00 on? Entertainment is the common excuse.. 

il y a 55 minutes, Fieryfly a dit :

they will close these shards and only be a ONLY Korea game

Would it be that bad ? After all, there's never been a Korean game that made actual success in the West. And seeing how the Western money will more or less finance their mobile games rather than anything else. (NOT aimed to the Western audience I might add, in short you most likely pay for them xddddd)

What we need are more Western companies moving their a** and make games like Blade and Soul.

1 hour ago, Fieryfly said:

PTS every week in the store

Hah, I wish! PTS appear only like once every 2 months in the store. Othwise we'd get a more than sufficient supply of them and market prices wouldn't be so demanding. Too bad that's not the case. After all, that would tear down this game's most important pay wall, and we can't have that. Not without erecting a bigger one somewhere else first.

16 hours ago, Grimoir said:

2.1 Because you are not supposed to upgrade everything in 1 day of playing. Gear is meant to be a long term investment. 

2.2 You can farm evolved stones in celestial basin and you can actually farm them quite decently. That is the best way for f2p players to make gold and gear.

2.3Not to mention there were events in the past that gave you an upgraded pet and soul and thats how many people geared their alts.

2.4 also if you dont want that you can always buy a pet and usoul from the marketplace for a few k gold.

2.1 And what are people supposed to do? Play for two years to reach the top content at that point in time? Logic, man. Use it;

2.2 You can, but that's not a good way to spend your game time. If you're insinuating that players should not have fun and instead do repetitive boring basin, I'll remind you we are talking about a video game, not a factory job. The main purpose of a game is fun. And if you bother to ask around ingame, you'll find out that a sizable majority doesn't like celestial basin grinding;

2.3 In the past yes. Now there aren't any. What's your point? History lesson? That's not helping;

2.4 Absolutely a valid route to take. Cause someone who's been playing for say 2-3 months, already bored with the low tier content that other people would bother doing with him, guild runs or f8, will toooootally have a "few" thousand golds for those. Logic, man. Use it;

what made this game worse I will tell you

Bound Materials.

after that everything went hirewire... not only you need more space for crystals and normal materials but also they kinda broke the community and made another gear wall that's there for some players.

2 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

2.1 And what are people supposed to do? Play for two years to reach the top content at that point in time? Logic, man. Use it;

2.2 You can, but that's not a good way to spend your game time. If you're insinuating that players should not have fun and instead do repetitive boring basin, I'll remind you we are talking about a video game, not a factory job. The main purpose of a game is fun. And if you bother to ask around ingame, you'll find out that a sizable majority doesn't like celestial basin grinding;

2.3 In the past yes. Now there aren't any. What's your point? History lesson? That's not helping;

2.4 Absolutely a valid route to take. Cause someone who's been playing for say 2-3 months, already bored with the low tier content that other people would bother doing with him, guild runs or f8, will toooootally have a "few" thousand golds for those. Logic, man. Use it;

But...not matter how you turn it, how you chan ge it, thats what blade and soul is ever since the cap went to 50+....boring repetitive content. Even the raids....

Now add to that dungeons becoming so brainded you can clear them with eyes closed without having to do a single mechanic...and tada.

Like i like blade and soul but idk why but for example: lets take Tera, there i can run the same dungeon50 times and for some reason its still fun, cant explain it, but its fun, in blade and soul i run a dungeons 10 times and its a chore, a literal chore.

This game had its best prime time at level cap of 45, after that everything went downhill, too overpowered equipment that costs a fortune to upgrade, no open world pvp anymore (misty woods were asweome as hell back in the days), no faction balancing, all you do is get on, daily dungeons runs, weekly raids....and..farm farm farm....thats what this game is, they can change, add anything they want this game will still be a farming simulator.

On 25/11/2018 at 6:42 AM, Crickateer said:

Not just soul, heart and accs breakthrough, now even the new Soul Badge needs 3 freaking oils per stage. While nothing is done to provide reliable ways to farm Evo Stones. This insanity needs to stop.

On 24/11/2018 at 6:34 PM, Grimoir said:

3. You do not have to PVP...you can buy them from the marketplace since they are cheaper now. and they just recently more than halved the amount of moonstone crystals needed.

4. Because those boxes were stupid to begin with, they caused more issues than good.

Seems to me you are very unhappy with the game, but are not forced to play if it frustrates you that much.

1) So you want players to no play?

2) Yes, troving and making new warrior char fully geared in a single week, doesn't count right? But the f2p getting it in 3 months of 12h/day instead of a whole year is gearing in a day, makes sense rly

3) Unless you dont care about items, because there is no way the average player can get 100ms in 2-3 hours/day other than pvp, be it for upgrading your items or selling, 

4) Issues for who? the ones who play the market and profit over it?

Now the real question did you ever been a f2p? or you just speculate about it? because really I know a few geared f2p which dedicated absurd amounts of time and still missing max tier gems, max tier soul and pet, and they clearly know that it would still takes a lot more than a day to gear even if such things were a bit easier. Maybe you just want to keep larger the gap between p2p and f2p players?

PhoenixMitera may warn me again, but it's disgusting every time I read your posts...

11 hours ago, caioc2 said:

1) So you want players to no play?

2) Yes, troving and making new warrior char fully geared in a single week, doesn't count right? But the f2p getting it in 3 months of 12h/day instead of a whole year is gearing in a day, makes sense rly

3) Unless you dont care about items, because there is no way the average player can get 100ms in 2-3 hours/day other than pvp, be it for upgrading your items or selling, 

4) Issues for who? the ones who play the market and profit over it?

Now the real question did you ever been a f2p? or you just speculate about it? because really I know a few geared f2p which dedicated absurd amounts of time and still missing max tier gems, max tier soul and pet, and they clearly know that it would still takes a lot more than a day to gear even if such things were a bit easier. Maybe you just want to keep larger the gap between p2p and f2p players?

PhoenixMitera may warn me again, but it's disgusting every time I read your posts...

Or...maybe you should just stop using the excuse of p2p and f2p to progress?

People keep comparing themselves to the people that throw tons of money at the game. If someone has that money to spend let them, its their business not yours, but you should not expect to gear up the same as them and as fast as them to begin with.

F2p means you grind you slowly upgrade your gear, period.

P2p means throw your wallet, max your gear, play with other people with your gear.

People dont want to PVP for moonstones, well sure they can choose so, but moonstones are a pvp materials, same as soulstones, and its has not been something new or a secret. so if you weant o make profit, earn gold, you will move your butt to pvp and earn it. plain and simple.

you may feel digusted by my posts, you have a right to feel that way, but its only like that because i do not sugar coat things and just call them as they are. Lately all most people do is complain and blame NC that they do not have time to play because irl stuff, that they cant earn materials becayuse they dont like to pvp, that they cannot catch up to people that spend a lot of money because they cant afford it to be p2p....all those arent problems, thats artificial issues created by people who simply do not know what it means to play a grindy mmo.

Am 24.11.2018 um 22:30 schrieb Grimoir:

as longas you get to awaken tighet stage

lmao im stuck at cosmic right now. awakened tiger is gonna take at least another half year, by which point it'll be considered weak. You dont get it, do you?

Archived