Forums

Can you even make gunners more weak ???

ShiroBlank

Seriously what the heck is going on... I mean before we gunners had atleast one satisfaction that we were one of the best pve classes now we ain't even top dps anymore.. To top that all of make gunner so unbearably weak in arena and 6v6. Answer me this check the arena ranking and tell me if there is even a single gunner in the top 150 ?? You won't find any guess what ? You freaking annihilated the class for god's sake with all those nerfs.. you start a fight with 0 hooks and have to wait 18 secs for you first 2 hooks i mean what the heck is that ?? You steal the essence of the class which is mobility and handicap it to a level where people who chose the class now repent making the biggest mistake ever. Try making a sin wait 18 secs before he can use stealth or a a kfm who can't block for 18 secs. How would you like that now huh. You keep hearing only one side of the story, ever thought about thinking about us gunners ?? That's only one side of the coin. Now coming to 6v6, ever class has its own one shot or high dmg skill as you call it. Every single class has it except the gunner ever since you nerfed bullet storm our highest damaging skill, it's useless to be used in 6v6. What are you trying to do, even max pvp gear gunners can't stand against there counterparts. I mean come on what is this class even good for now. I really enjoy playing gunner but i feel soo powerless and handicapped when i play pvp. And dont give the old explanation than gunners hit too fast, it doesn't matter if you hit fast when you have pvp gear you only get a very small opening. Its not pve where the boss has a fixed rotation. In 6v6 you get an opening for a second either capitalize or get wrecked. But thanks to the low dmg we do per hit we can't capitalize in that second and we have to resort to our mobility to fight and surprise guess what wait 18 secs for your hook.. BOOM *KFM tremor* gunslinger dead......

gunners used top queue up for arena with max hooks, and that caused a huge imbalance so they changed it that you start with 0 hooks, and clean like EVERY other class.

Also for gunners you need to have a good sense of what you are doing and know the other classes if you want to rank up high and win, if you dont you will be killed over and over because 1v1 is not as brainded for gunners as 6v6.

as for your sin / kfm comment....like do oyu even know what you are talking about? Sinsw depends on stealth to do ANY dmaage at all, all their abilities evolve around that. Same for KFM and his block/evade....if you are dumb to just spam your skills into their blocks / evades and let the buff up its on you and not a class problem.

also its not true, not every class has a 1-shot skill....you would know that if you had any idea about pvp...

Well having to wait 18 secs for my first 2 hooks is not fair now is it. Maybe its a bug i dont know but it's actually handicapping the essence of the class. And secondly which class doesn't have a one shot skill ? And this is exclusively targeting towards 6v6 not arena I know gear matters a lot but still my friend who is a df3 pvp geared gunner gets one shot by a sin's mine toss , Kfm tremor, bm or bd lightning draw or thunder strike, fm multiblaze, destro eradicate, warden sever or sentry strike or whatever it's called etc. In arena gunners utility is nerfed too much agreed 5 hooks is too much but 0 is taking it too far. Start with 1 or 2 at least and then the 18 secs to wait for the next 2 hooks would make sense. You should play gunner arena then you will know how weak you feel. And why is it that there is no gunner in the top 150 of arena rankings ?? It directly indicates something is wrong with the class right.. See it's easy to blame someone on lack of skill but there is a point in trying to understand a predicament instead of just telling people to get good.

2 hours ago, ShiroBlank said:

Well having to wait 18 secs for my first 2 hooks is not fair now is it. Maybe its a bug i dont know but it's actually handicapping the essence of the class. And secondly which class doesn't have a one shot skill ? And this is exclusively targeting towards 6v6 not arena I know gear matters a lot but still my friend who is a df3 pvp geared gunner gets one shot by a sin's mine toss , Kfm tremor, bm or bd lightning draw or thunder strike, fm multiblaze, destro eradicate, warden sever or sentry strike or whatever it's called etc. In arena gunners utility is nerfed too much agreed 5 hooks is too much but 0 is taking it too far. Start with 1 or 2 at least and then the 18 secs to wait for the next 2 hooks would make sense. You should play gunner arena then you will know how weak you feel. And why is it that there is no gunner in the top 150 of arena rankings ?? It directly indicates something is wrong with the class right.. See it's easy to blame someone on lack of skill but there is a point in trying to understand a predicament instead of just telling people to get good.

So you are saying you want to start with 2 hooks which is unfair to other clasess? How about summoner starts with 5 stacks of photosynthesis then? Or KFM with agility? Or BM with dragontongue stacks? See where i am going with this? You just want to start with hooks because you are bad at managing your skills and in PVP it seems.

I know plenty gunners who are very good in arena, and i mean very good. Rankings in arena dont mean gunners are weak, it simply means mostly PVE heroes play the class because its a brainded dps canon. And its not blame, its literally naming it for what it is. why should YOU start with 2 hooks and other classes cant start with the bilities that stack for them? then it would be fair. You should go in arena and do some non-ranked matches and improve yourself, that would help you learn and get better.

@ShiroBlank What do you mean you have to wait 18 seconds for first two hooks? I'm pretty sure last time i did arena with my gunner i could use reload and get 2 hooks 

immediately after arena started.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

I know plenty gunners who are very good in arena, and i mean very good. Rankings in arena dont mean gunners are weak, it simply means mostly PVE heroes play the class because its a brainded dps canon.

That argument is invalid. Your rank in arena (among all classes, not class ranking) is not dependent on how many players play that class. Even if there were even one good PvP player playing gunner, they should be able to get to top ranks. If top ranks are completely laking gunners (i didn't check it for myself) that can only mean that there either is no good PvP player playing gunner or the class is not capable of reaching these ranks.

***Arena***

On 11/20/2018 at 3:50 PM, ShiroBlank said:

Answer me this check the arena ranking and tell me if there is even a single gunner in the top 150 ??

There's like 7 gunners that have achieved Platinum ranking this season what are you talking about, the class is insanely strong. Play smart and wait for hooks or do cheese play and rush with a KD and bulletstorm, Check out dim_3d on twitch if you really think gunner is that busted. 

you start a fight with 0 hooks and have to wait 18 secs for you first 2 hooks i mean what the heck is that ??

Reload as soon as the fight starts? you get 2 hooks right at the start...

***Battlegrounds***

Now coming to 6v6, ever class has its own one shot or high dmg skill as you call it. Every single class has it except the gunner ever since you nerfed bullet storm our highest damaging skill, it's useless to be used in 6v6.

Bulletstorm isnt useless in 6v6 first of all if you understood how to use it, and second of all gunner has an insane damage output without it anyway, Get your aransu badge, press v, and shred through most of the defensive skills while dealing MASSIVE damage at the same time.

In 6v6 you get an opening for a second either capitalize or get wrecked. But thanks to the low dmg we do per hit we can't capitalize in that second and we have to resort to our mobility to fight and surprise guess what wait 18 secs for your hook.. BOOM *KFM tremor* gunslinger dead......

If you're resorting to only hooks to get away or outplay other classes you're not playing gunner right. Hook management should be your main concern in 6v6 aside from staying alive, spamming the ability with no other defensive skills up just means you don't know how to play the class. Also capitalizing on your initial CC is the point. You also get 5 cc's overall so I don't see why you're unable to fight back, Haze bomb breaks defense and dazes, You have your 1-F combo which can kd/stun or just your Counter itself which stuns if an enemy hits into it. Your 2 which can apply all types of CC other than knockback and your ricochet which can daze, none of these are hard to use or proc. I understand other classes are stronger in some categories but gunner is nowhere close to low tier in any pvp setting. 

Also just to add in, every class in this game has outplay potential, Just because you struggle to outplay another class doesn't mean everyone does. I think you need to put time into actually learning the class rather than resorting to the handicapped classes for PvP. The only class I'd say thats absolutely broken is Warden, they have such a small window for CC's to be used that its almost impossible unless you know the timing perfectly, and they deal insane damage. 

I don't personally agree with the hook change but it didn't completely screw the class over altogether, just because you're used to spamming hooks with no punishment in a PvP setting doesn't mean that it killed the class. Gunner is a Glass Cannon. I'm only dragon forge 1 and I can compete with some pretty high geared/skilled players. Learn the class more before you trash on it. 

I mean before we gunners had atleast one satisfaction that we were one of the best pve classes now we ain't even top dps anymore.. To top that all of make gunner so unbearably weak in arena and 6v6.

Still one of the best PvE classes and holds top 3 for DPS. All of these "nerfs" you're speaking of were needed, Fire gunner is still one of the top DPS in Korea right now and that doesn't look like its changing any time soon. 

If for some reason you wish to argue about this anymore link your main account and we'll see just how much you really seem to know about high geared gunners.

I honestly would love to see you learn gunner and play it in arena so you can see how helpless you'll feel against most classes.
For pve I agree it's still one of the top dps classes and I don't see a proper reason as to why we should be the NR1 dps class.
But if we're talking arena and you claim the class is insanely strong, you are very wrong sir.
It's bottom tier class with next to no good matchups and I suggest you find that out on your own.

9 hours ago, Illol said:

I honestly would love to see you learn gunner and play it in arena so you can see how helpless you'll feel against most classes.
For pve I agree it's still one of the top dps classes and I don't see a proper reason as to why we should be the NR1 dps class.
But if we're talking arena and you claim the class is insanely strong, you are very wrong sir.
It's bottom tier class with next to no good matchups and I suggest you find that out on your own.

I know how to play gunner, it's not an overly hard class to learn. Maybe its not insanely strong in arena I was over exaggerating but its not completely trash either. The class is still strong in means of being a glass cannon. Like i said before i dont agree with all the nerfs that the class has gotten but if they were needed then i guess they were needed. I PERSONALLY dont rank the class bottom tier because i know it can fight a good amount of the classes well enough if you're a good player.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:04 PM, qbzz said:

I know how to play gunner, it's not an overly hard class to learn. Maybe its not insanely strong in arena I was over exaggerating but its not completely trash either. The class is still strong in means of being a glass cannon. Like i said before i dont agree with all the nerfs that the class has gotten but if they were needed then i guess they were needed. I PERSONALLY dont rank the class bottom tier because i know it can fight a good amount of the classes well enough if you're a good player.

Just wondering what rating you have on gunner in arena? Or managed to get as highest.
Would love to know

4 hours ago, sojaa said:

The class got what it deserved. Its ranged dps and cc. Now its fair. They are still amazing pvpers. 

You really have no clue what you're talking about, you have 18 second cooldown on a skill that you not only use to iframe and escape from other classes, but also need to use for CC's.
For example, 1F requires you to use 2 defensive abilities and it's not even guaranteed to land unless you use it inbetween tech chases.
Keep in mind that the ability cc's for either 2 seconds on stun and 3 seconds on KD, while the cooldown on your counter is 9seconds with the pvp specs, giving the opponent a 6 second window to whatever he wants with you.
Not to mention how stupid the actual counter works in pvp. A warden can just E 2 you and hit in your counter on stun spec, not giving you a hook (which it should give on a succesful counter), not stunning your opponent (which i can somewhat understand since he's technically in iframe, even though the iframe lasts way too long for that) and worst of all, stunning yourself in the progress.
I get punished for using my counter like i should.
Not to mention all the people in rangeprotect calling you out on 'running' in region chat, yes please tell me what i need to do.
Facetank you for 10 seconds while i wait out your rangeprotect?

Tell me again how 'amazing' the class is when a simple check at the overall leaderbords will tell you how weak it is since the first gunner is only 153 places in the overall rankings.
(FYI: im talking purely about arena, dont' give me any 6v6 or pve bs please ;) )

All aspects of pvp apply as well not just 1v1 so be realistic. Rank 33 is Ryan Dapple rank 30 is llen both gunners. That's 1v1 and they are platinum.  Id say thats skill. SO I say learn how to pvp on that toon or reroll a toon for the arena if you cannot get gunner down. Its free you don't need gear to do arena.  Gunners were whip lining after people not away from them using bulletstorm to cap whole groups . I mean slay them in one shot at range while burning iframes like crazy. They were also whip lining to objective through whole groups during 6v6 having the ability to move so far that quickly while being i framed for the whole duration . So basically they could control all of bg matches getting 20+ kills without being full gear. Those days are over now and the nerf came because of that. I think they should've just took the iframing from the hooks.I would assume you'd dislike that more though.As for warden you're going to have to deal with that until its fixed. We all do. Personally I don't think they are that bad once you learn what they do. I agree with the nerf. Thats my personal opinion. See just because the class was new alot of people played it to have the edge once they found out you could abuse it. It evened out now stuff got fixed and its something you're going to have to deal with. Just like what will happen to wardens. Its happened to alot of classes not just yours.

Seriously what the heck is going on... I mean before we gunners had atleast one satisfaction that we were one of the best pve classes now we ain't even top dps anymore.. To top that all of make gunner so unbearably weak in arena and 6v6. Answer me this check the arena ranking and tell me if there is even a single gunner in the top 150 ?? You won't find any guess what ? You freaking annihilated the class for god's sake with all those nerfs.. you start a fight with 0 hooks and have to wait 18 secs for you first 2 hooks i mean what the heck is that ?? You steal the essence of the class which is mobility and handicap it to a level where people who chose the class now repent making the biggest mistake ever. Try making a sin wait 18 secs before he can use stealth or a a kfm who can't block for 18 secs. How would you like that now huh. You keep hearing only one side of the story, ever thought about thinking about us gunners ?? That's only one side of the coin. Now coming to 6v6, ever class has its own one shot or high dmg skill as you call it. Every single class has it except the gunner ever since you nerfed bullet storm our highest damaging skill, it's useless to be used in 6v6. What are you trying to do, even max pvp gear gunners can't stand against there counterparts. I mean come on what is this class even good for now. I really enjoy playing gunner but i feel soo powerless and handicapped when i play pvp. And dont give the old explanation than gunners hit too fast, it doesn't matter if you hit fast when you have pvp gear you only get a very small opening. Its not pve where the boss has a fixed rotation. In 6v6 you get an opening for a second either capitalize or get wrecked. But thanks to the low dmg we do per hit we can't capitalize in that second and we have to resort to our mobility to fight and surprise guess what wait 18 secs for your hook.. BOOM *KFM tremor* gunslinger dead......

DivintyShooter rank 1 nova core 1917 platinum .  DivintyShooter rank 4 Beluga Lagoon 1928 platinum. DivintyShooter rank 1 Whirlwind Valley 1965 platinum.  Date 11/30/2018 ... They didn't take his essence away. 

1 hour ago, sojaa said:

DivintyShooter rank 1 nova core 1917 platinum .  DivintyShooter rank 4 Beluga Lagoon 1928 platinum. DivintyShooter rank 1 Whirlwind Valley 1965 platinum.  Date 11/30/2018 ... They didn't take his essence away. 

You do realise that the core of pvp shows what classes are balanced in an equalised setting right?
Just because some maxed out whale gets plat in a p2w mode doesn't mean the class is busted, are you really that gullible.
When you go to arena THE PLACE LITERALLY MADE WHERE EVERYONE IS THE SAME AP/HP with little to no difference except some base stats.
That is the only place where you can see the core  and balancing of a class.
Any other place where it's either who has the highest geared character is irrelevant to what the actual point is.

And just to show you some examples from the EU 6v6 rankings and arena rankings:

Whirlwind:
https://gyazo.com/78f15f4d9f97bdb0c7f5d1d133c71121

Beluga:

https://gyazo.com/cde03718222db2c3ba7747d9801c8a07

Nova Core:

https://gyazo.com/78f15f4d9f97bdb0c7f5d1d133c71121

Arena 1v1:

(Highest ranked gunner + the overal highest ratings on gunner)

https://gyazo.com/2fedb3e19587f9b62d9eccd2d469dbda

(Compared to the overall 1v1 rankings)

https://gyazo.com/84a056bedd7bd23447d6d0c5cea9ae4f

https://gyazo.com/31d0832c854f0005fb09b65662a3d371

157 places in is the first gunner (who has the top 3 gunner spots claimed in ranking)

Arena 3v3:(Top 2 gunner spots claimed by the RU team that literally won the entire world championship, so again don't come telling maybe he's just bad)
https://gyazo.com/52178aa697c66a813318b632efe4c2a0

After checking the NA rankings 5 out of the top 10 gunners in the 1v1 rankings have reached platinum at very suspicious hours ranging from 02:20AM to 03:30AM (not even including 2 others because those hours are still somewhat possible), which highly suggest wintrading since nobody plays at those hours and even if they do it's highly unlikely that they:
a) Find players on their rating levels.
b) Keep finding other players since once one keeps losing to the other one, they eventually stop matching because of rating difference.

The fact that you consider 6v6 (a mode that does not entirely rely on your own performance, gear and skill) a better representation than an equalised setting that solely relies on your own perfomance and skill, says more than enough about how far you've actually used your brain in this discussion.

The only thing you are convincing me of is your ignorance and stupidity and a hint of hate for the class itself, do some actual research before you go spouting to people 'oh you just can't play the class.' The class is weak and the weakest class currently available in 1v1 setting and any experienced pvp'er will tell you the same thing.

On 11/29/2018 at 7:20 PM, Illol said:

Just wondering what rating you have on gunner in arena? Or managed to get as highest.
Would love to know

got to around 1700 last season. Don't really play arena anymore due to me seeing it as boring and its kind of dead on NA anyway, Like i said, i dont disagree with all of your remarks about the class, you probably know more about it in an arena setting and i respect that. I looked more into it as gunner would be in arena considering no gear matters at all and I agree with most of what you said. It's possibly one of the weakest classes in Arena due to the iframe nerfs alone.

5 hours ago, qbzz said:

got to around 1700 last season. Don't really play arena anymore due to me seeing it as boring and its kind of dead on NA anyway, Like i said, i dont disagree with all of your remarks about the class, you probably know more about it in an arena setting and i respect that. I looked more into it as gunner would be in arena considering no gear matters at all and I agree with most of what you said. It's possibly one of the weakest classes in Arena due to the iframe nerfs alone.

Last season the class was still fine, not only due to the iframes but because you didn't have to run away everytime someone stood in their rangeprotect.
Right now you don't have another option but to run away once they drop it, it's literally a tactic to SS to the middle of the arena and drop your rangeprotect there so the gunner can't do anything untill that is over, leaving him either open to every attack from the enemy, having to hide as far away from the opponents current position (in this scenario it's in the corner of the room), having to waste either iframes or defensive abilities just to survive with no offensive options because you can't do ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ vs someone in a veil/petalstorm, etc..
The people can literally dance the macarena in there and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it.
That's the sad truth about the class in the current season, but i respect your take on it aswell.

World tournament winner was also gunner. Russia win Korea and China 8 - 0 in finals. They had exactly same patch on tournament than we have right now.  It is not that bad class.

Also most classes gonna get big revamp after we get awakened patch so I dont think it even matter right now.

You got the nerf. I didn't do it. Second I really don't think they did a mindless nerf. Sorry you're not class isn't still broken. 6v6 is pvp whether you think it is or isn't. I play both and I can simply show you a video as proof to why they fixed it. If you want a 1v1 toon go summoner or destroyer. They do the best in 1v1. 3rd and last Just because they take away gear does not mean classes are equal 1v1. Skills play a big roll. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ like immunity( cannot cc) ,red spin (deflects and resists all cc),skill cds (times on skills are different with all classes), cc times ( Some classes have 2 second stuns others have 3second stuns), ice stacks( blocks approach skills ) so on and so fourth.( counter brakes have way longer cd time then counters) You need to know all these to be able to counter what your opponent does . EU servers don't matter to me in on a NA server and gunners are doing fine. You can dog me all you like post a video of your performance. Maybe some one can give you tips. Other then that watch this video llol. YYou'll see  why they did what they did. No class in the game should be that OP otherwise there is no point for classes. You wanted a gunner so you have to take the nerf. BD has been nerfed before. Wl were nerfed also. They did it for a reason. This is fully geared ppl at the time.

Idk if you're just stupid or not but this is a video of a year ago from when gunner was still strong and it's 6v6 where gear plays a huge role..

Not only gear but actual gear difference plays a huge role aswell.
Nodah is a big ass whale and that's not a secret to anyone.
If you would've actually looked at the video properly you would see that out of the 5 kills he got 2 of them were people with 140k hp which literally means they're full pve and those are the only 2 that he actually needed only 1 unload stack for. The other 2 people he had to hit atleast 3 times before killing them.
Stop trying so hard to be a special snowflake by proving people wrong while having 0 clue about a subject.

Also on that patch VT badge still had piercing skill (which btw nearly every class still has besides gunner and 1 or 2 more classes). But got removed on gunner badge alone.
Tab move 2 also had piercing on it in that patch so really and that got removed aswell, so what are you actually giving me? Nothing.
Go stand in your rangeprotect and watch how a gunner won't be able to touch you till it's over.

Literally all you're showing me is your ignorance and stupidity like i said before.

Nodah is not the only whale first off. Im pretty sure i have some gear too and I don't spend that much. P.s I'm not an fm silly. PVP is not just 1v1 if you think it is you're wrong. You have something wrong with you? Is your mind gone over a nerf? Did u whale out the class because it was broken? Upset huh?

1 hour ago, sojaa said:

Lol you're really not that smart are you. Nodah is a whale but so are alot of ppl. P.s I'm not an fm silly. PVP is not just 1v1 dummy. 

You showed me a video of last year of nodah playing vs non whales, how ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing stupid are you at this point......

I said that's why they nerfed. Scroll up. Your class was broken and that was at the time it was . Now it is fixed deal with it. Wl had too. Bd had to. Wardens will have too. Just expect it. Your upset because you cant relearn the class? Get over it go play warden. Another thing apparently BNS agrees with me. I wonder why that is? Hmmm.

Archived