BnS Buddy after update

Kassyolope

2 hours ago, Crickateer said:

In the end though I believe fps and ping should be priority because while things like bad events are problematic if someone can't even play the game because of bad optimization or extremely poorly handled connections then you have no game. The player cannot play.

That was where I was going to get.

But for plenty, bad events are the straw that breaks the camels' back.

They already have to deal with that pile (plus the ping) and now, they deal with events that aren't worth it at all!

But well, the change has to start somewhere, and it won't be in any of the points we've said.

On 11/18/2018 at 11:11 PM, Raiya said:

Know its a bit of a side topic but has there been any word on the UE4 update progress that they announced a while back. I'd say a good few issues relating to lag and such are down to the poor performance of the UE3 engine (Bless a prime example of why its so terribad as well) and from what I've heard so far UE4 is far more stable and suitable in a MMO enviroment.

On 11/19/2018 at 7:45 PM, Liinxy said:

It's definitely a tad side topic-y. :p:

We don't have any new updates to provide on the status of Unreal Engine 4. Development is still in progress and the release is currently scheduled for 2019.

I've read somewhere on KR forums that people were talking about February 2019, but it might be just rumours, we'll know more info on 2019, but I doubt any new info will come out before then.

On 11/21/2018 at 10:14 AM, Grimoir said:

This is not a server problem. Its the routing from YOUR ISP to the ISP of ncsoft aka the servers. The servers are not an issue here

NOT TRUE!...only 50ms of a 140ms game-ping is ISP routing.  I can ping the servers in 50ms.  The servers add an addition 70-120ms depending on how busy they are.  That means the majority of the time is spend in the server.

Forgot to say something about the ping.

The "ping" is actually the round-trip time plus the processing and rendering time of the skill.

This combined with autobias causes the first attacks to feel slugish and that your ping is 3-4x higher than it is.

Your ping may still be 50ms, but everything else will accumulate.

Obviously, it varies wildy and the server load influences everything.

9 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

I've read somewhere on KR forums that people were talking about February 2019, but it might be just rumours, we'll know more info on 2019, but I doubt new any info will come out before then.

The longer it takes, the better.

Some people that can play now won't be able to play when Unreal Engine 4 is used.

And i'm stretching the definition of "play"!

Imagine those poor souls ...

And yeah, "get a better pc" is an option, if you can afford it!

Archived