BnS Buddy after update

Kassyolope

Hello, unfortunetly the most people in this game doesn't have such a good system as everybody, trying to play this game might be laggy, it won't even launch, either would be like, freezing from 2 to 2 seconds ingame, meanwhile alot of players play this game at its maximum perfomance. For us, the people that can't play it even on the low level of its graphics, there was another way just to enjoy it, and it means that using BnS Buddy. I know it's considereted a third party tool by the dev's but how can we play this game if we have such a low system. Actually it stopped working after this update and the numer of players decreased like from 3.000 players everyday, to only 500. I can't play this game anymore too, because it takes too much for my system to do. Since I have a crappy one, I know nobody has the luck to get a better one. So I don't know, you can ban me for using it, but, meh I just came back from 1 year of absence and started to catch up with the story, with the new gear, but now, rip chances.

you have to keep o0ne thing in mind...as much as bnsbuddy helps some people, its still considered a third party program, so that being said NC does not need to care if it works after an update or not. If you have problems with bns buddy, you go to their discord and voice it there.

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

You'll need to contact BnS Buddy if you're having issues with the program and they'll be able to accommodate you accordingly. We don't have have access to addressing any issues with the application due to it being a 3rd party program.

I never had problem with lags or ping before, but after last major patch something went wrong. Now every 20-30 seconds I have huge lag where my game freeze for 2-5 seconds and I can't do anything during that. I changed DNS settings, cleaned my pc but nothing worked. I never used BnS Buddy before. Can that program help me with this problem? (Sorry for my bad english.)

4 hours ago, Astarae said:

You wouldn't happen to have your quests sorted by distance checked in your options and have your quests displayed to the side?

I seem to remember having a sorted quest display had lags / freezes similar to what you describe.

NC fixed this bug.

4 hours ago, Shironeko said:

I never had problem with lags or ping before, but after last major patch something went wrong. Now every 20-30 seconds I have huge lag where my game freeze for 2-5 seconds and I can't do anything during that. I changed DNS settings, cleaned my pc but nothing worked. I never used BnS Buddy before. Can that program help me with this problem? (Sorry for my bad english.)

If the problem you have is CPU/GPU related it might help you out somewhat, but it cannot improve the distance between you and the server (nor the routing that your ISP uses).  For that you would need something like Exitlag. 

12 hours ago, Deadly Intent said:

NC fixed this bug.

Hadn't heard that.  Doesn't mean it might not come back.  Things that work often break in patches -- think of the gunner info that was broken for a month or more.

If the problem you have is CPU/GPU related it might help you out somewhat,

What is "it" that might help?

but it cannot improve the distance between you and the server (nor the routing that your ISP uses).  For that you would need something like Exitlag. 

If it was distance related, their ping time would be up more consistently.  Whereas

they are saying something is occurring every 20-30 seconds that causes an large

delay of 2-5 seconds.  This is more consistent with some background task (in the game) that runs periodically that holds up refresh/paint.  

Unfortunately, many of the tools that can diagnose this are "banned" as being malicious.  

1 hour ago, Astarae said:

Hadn't heard that.  Doesn't mean it might not come back.  Things that work often break in patches -- think of the gunner info that was broken for a month or more.

Several patches ago.  The micro-stutter caused by this bug is gone.  If it had resurfaced you can bet the farm that a ton of bug reports would've been generated.

1 hour ago, Astarae said:

What is "it" that might help?

By default the client only uses one core of your cpu.  Buddy allows all cores to be used along with several other options (such as higher priority for cpu usage for the client).  You can also remove splash screens.  This might or might not improve game play. 

It all really depends on the user's computer.  Obviously a higher clocked cpu would be desirable (and in my case going from a 2.7GHz to 4.2GHz clock made a sizable difference).  But everyone's computer is different and not located in the same place.  Something that works for one user might not work as well or at for another.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:06 PM, Liinxy said:

Greetings,

You'll need to contact BnS Buddy if you're having issues with the program and they'll be able to accommodate you accordingly. We don't have have access to addressing any issues with the application due to it being a 3rd party program.

Know its a bit of a side topic but has there been any word on the UE4 update progress that they announced a while back. I'd say a good few issues relating to lag and such are down to the poor performance of the UE3 engine (Bless a prime example of why its so terribad as well) and from what I've heard so far UE4 is far more stable and suitable in a MMO enviroment.

my two horse bits of wisdom..

Funny horse-schit. I dont know why people complain about lag, lag pockets n such.. if the game just is down right too terrible to play or causes you to rage out on your monitor or toss the mouse through the window.. U.. know.. plain n simple..  wtf are you doing with your life.. its just time to find another game.. or get on with your life without dumping half your life.. cash wise and time wise into a pit.. that is really what this game is turning out to be.. a stinking hole in the floor that has no potential.. Look at how Korea is and compare that to the western servers.. cant be compared to.. they.. BnS and NC are milking this cash cow for every penny..  Is it getting any better.. NO..  the overall game play is worse now than it ever been.. every 6-8 weeks they post another cash money pit called Trove.. this enables them, the gaming company to suck more of your money..  for the people who just can not stop gambling for better costumes its the best its ever been.. the reality it isnt.. but their too addicted to this horse-schit game to call it quits. 

For me its easy.. Im disabled.. and this is my life..  probably will have to bury me with my computer.. Other people what is your excuse?

• NCSOFT
20 hours ago, Raiya said:

Know its a bit of a side topic but has there been any word on the UE4 update progress that they announced a while back. I'd say a good few issues relating to lag and such are down to the poor performance of the UE3 engine (Bless a prime example of why its so terribad as well) and from what I've heard so far UE4 is far more stable and suitable in a MMO enviroment.

It's definitely a tad side topic-y. :p:

We don't have any new updates to provide on the status of Unreal Engine 4. Development is still in progress and the release is currently scheduled for 2019.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:45 AM, Liinxy said:

It's definitely a tad side topic-y. :p:

We don't have any new updates to provide on the status of Unreal Engine 4. Development is still in progress and the release is currently scheduled for 2019.

Given new of the shrinking NA profit margins, is it likely that NA will ever see that update?  How about coming out with a standalone version that at least lets us look at our, oh-so-valuable, outfit collection... :giggle: ... *sigh*.  

:tears:

Ncsoft won't help you with this since it isn't anything to do with them.

Despite being Ncsoft doing the changes in their servers...

Anyway, there's an alternative (temporary) launcher.

Just read this: https://www.bnsbuddy.com/threads/use-addons-mods-until-bnsbuddy-is-fixed-eu-na.772/

It explains everything, step by step.

Before you ask ANYTHING, read the whole thing.

On 18/11/2018 at 11:11 PM, Raiya said:

Not true.

Just look at Lost Ark.

It is made in Unreal Engine 3 and runs like a dream.

The engine upgrade will not solve the main problem that the community has been complaining about for years...Yet they refuse to fix... The servers!

Theres no reason for me to be getting 140 ping in this game while every other game i get about 10-20... If you look at the history of the bns forums as well its a global issue for everyone. That just proves its the servers and not the ISPs...

Please upgrade your servers we have spent enough money on troves among other things and its just downright toxic to your community to not do such a thing. Theres no reason with their profits that they cant spend a little more on better servers... 

35 minutes ago, Crickateer said:

The engine upgrade will not solve the main problem that the community has been complaining about for years...Yet they refuse to fix... The servers!

Theres no reason for me to be getting 140 ping in this game while every other game i get about 10-20... If you look at the history of the bns forums as well its a global issue for everyone. That just proves its the servers and not the ISPs...

Please upgrade your servers we have spent enough money on troves among other things and its just downright toxic to your community to not do such a thing. Theres no reason with their profits that they cant spend a little more on better servers... 

This is not a server problem. Its the routing from YOUR ISP to the ISP of ncsoft aka the servers. The servers are not an issue here

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

This is not a server problem. Its the routing from YOUR ISP to the ISP of ncsoft aka the servers. The servers are not an issue here

Just how sure are you about this? Because I have played some other NCSoft games that are hosted in the same city, (probably the same building), and I consistently got 20-30 ping there. I even logged back in to Aion just last month to check, and yes, still the same.

BnS servers give me minimum 85 ping at like 4am, and 120-150 consistently thoughout prime time hours.

Same pc, same isp, same routing ?

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Wrong if this were true other games would be having similar issues. Not to mention everyone else suffers from the same much like the poster above this post. 

10 hours ago, Crickateer said:

Wrong if this were true other games would be having similar issues. Not to mention everyone else suffers from the same much like the poster above this post. 

no other games would not have the same issue. Every game company has their own ISP. They do not all have one and the same. If your ping to other game servers is better it simply means your ISP has a better connection / route to those targets than to NC. thats also the reason ping boosters are so effective, they basically connect to the destination via a better optimal route that has less latency and packet loss.

If you would change your ISP you could end up with better ping or worse depending on the routes they use. Luckily where i live the ISP can check and provide you info on what your ping would be to certain IP addresses if you ask them.

Games would have similar issues...Yes not all would but some would. You also fail to read the above poster's post. He connected to the other games ncsoft has yet had better results... like yeah... that pretty much proves it... Same ISP... To blame it on an ISP of the player is just silly at this point when like 90 percent of the community pretty much agrees the servers are bad and have the same exact issues with ping. Are you saying the vast majority of ISPs being used in america to connect to bns have poor routes? That just sounds silly... Like its so obvious at this point that its the servers.

If all these players have the same issue with ping only on blade and soul, but not other ncsoft games nor any other game period then the fault is obviously with how ncsoft handles connections for blade and soul whether its servers or anything else. They need to look at themselves at that point and upgrade. 

Also having to buy a vpn just to connect to a game ran by a company that can't handle connections properly especially with all the money they get from trove/premium is just downright insulting to the player. Especially since they would only be using it for blade and soul....

On 21/11/2018 at 5:38 PM, Crickateer said:

Well, the servers are overloaded, but it isn't the main problem.

You have things like:

• Dual-core only support (really???)
  • Low fps, even in decent machines
    Not to mention the MASSIGE ram hog that the game is, sometimes
    And don't forget the Nvidia bug!
  • Badly optimized for areas with more than 6 players, like:
    • Mushin's tower
    • Zaiwei - House of pleasures
    • Jadestone Village
    • Any area with a raid entrance (except SK)
    • A few more areas
    • Any raid!
  • Events that make you curl your hair:
    • Fishing event from the summer - where you could lose your items, for bs reasons
    • Re-use of old events with a small twist, but still the same event
    • This current event - you have to spend important currency for some things to open a box that just gives meh stuff
  • The devalorization of a F2P player to the point where paying is almost a requirement in some aspects
  • Fresh content comes in the form of long, boring and repetitive quests with a story that doesn't captivate the interest of anyone
    Even people who love the story just wanted to get rid of it
  • Tons and tons of old content that's left to rot
  • Gold reductions on dungeons (that make it even harder to make a new character, despite almost everything being spoon-fed to you until you're tossed to the wolves)

Those are FAR bigger issues than the increased ping due to overload on their RaspberryPies.

54 minutes ago, Cupidstar said:

Well, the servers are overloaded, but it isn't the main problem.

You have things like:

• Dual-core only support (really???)
  • Low fps, even in decent machines
    Not to mention the MASSIGE ram hog that the game is, sometimes
    And don't forget the Nvidia bug!
  • Badly optimized for areas with more than 6 players, like:
    • Mushin's tower
    • Zaiwei - House of pleasures
    • Jadestone Village
    • Any area with a raid entrance (except SK)
    • A few more areas
    • Any raid!
  • Events that make you curl your hair:
    • Fishing event from the summer - where you could lose your items, for bs reasons
    • Re-use of old events with a small twist, but still the same event
    • This current event - you have to spend important currency for some things to open a box that just gives meh stuff
  • The devalorization of a F2P player to the point where paying is almost a requirement in some aspects
  • Fresh content comes in the form of long, boring and repetitive quests with a story that doesn't captivate the interest of anyone
    Even people who love the story just wanted to get rid of it
  • Tons and tons of old content that's left to rot
  • Gold reductions on dungeons (that make it even harder to make a new character, despite almost everything being spoon-fed to you until you're tossed to the wolves)

Those are FAR bigger issues than the increased ping due to overload on their RaspberryPies.

Oh I absolutely agree with you on most of those points. My point though is when the unreal update comes a key issue will remain until they acknowledge the problem on their end with connections/servers regarding ping (If they continue to blame other reasons the problem will never get fixed). The fps issues are definitely problematic especially for things like hive queen or raids like TT where one mistake causes a whole wipe. I know a raid that is having trouble with tt boss 4 right now at 20 percent simply because certain players keep crashing at that stage. 

In the end though I believe fps and ping should be priority because while things like bad events are problematic if someone can't even play the game because of bad optimization or extremely poorly handled connections then you have no game. The player cannot play. 

Archived