Focused Feedback:Harvest Tables boxes

ElectricPotato

So lets start with the generation requirements:

Daily Challenge(3 boxes)

Crafting products from 3 characters (alts or bought)  1g of crafting cost per guild, 6g total (ignores the sp costs of gathering mats used, mailing fees)

Solo Instance fragments to open(1-3 runs, may be part of challenge(not counting CoS)

Transmute: 1-5 gold depending on tier.

The important part is the minimun gold going into making them, if i get 2 elements vendorable for 5g each, currency value is being generated by the boxes.

Whats generally in the boxes(using grown ups boxes as my example):

1 party favor

% element/jewel/dungeon material chest

% silverscale fragment/blackstone/aransu orb/100k xp charm/ aransu orb/seaglass/hivequeen wing bundle of 2/wheel spin

Feedback on some of the more common contents:

This Grownups box has cost minimum 9g to generate, and has take 3-5minutes of time per solo instance run for fragments for opening.  Being somewhat more complicated than a pouch you open off daily challenge, I want it to wow me a little.

% of 1 Silverscale fragment-- With the increase to fragment combination, 1 fragment is depressing.  Daily quests generate 4, hardmode dynamics generate 2. For a random award I would say 2 would be a minimun, with 5 an amount that would make me say, nice pull!

% of 1 blackstone fragment-- Similiar to silverscale, but the daily quests generating 10 each, 1 seems incredibly stingy, as well as breaking up the other even numbered sources of blackstone (ie 19 fragments, where to get just one more?). Full blackstone % in the pouch would not be out line, with no chance of fragments.

% of 1 Seaglass--  Along the lines of blackstones and Silverscales, but more towards blackstones.  Seaglass are are now available for normal mode dynamics 1/normal dynamic, 2/hardmode dynamic.  Chance of pulling seaglass in quantities 3-5 would make more sense to me.

% element/jewel-- Legendary jewels have an intrinsic vendor value of 5g, so the limit/% is understandable to a point.  1 element or jewel guaranteed would  go a long way to help the box feel less like one of those merchant of wonder boxes that cost 15g but yield 10g.

% of bundle of 2 hive queen wings-- last year a common wheel prize was 5 hive queen wings.  2 feels a little stingy, but with limited sources (koldrak scales, weekly dynamics, daily challenge).  4 would feel like a more acceptable minimun quantity, similiar to yields of 1 weekly dynamic.

Remember these boxes are hardcapped at 3/char from the DC component.

SUMMARY: I FEEL LET DOWN WHEN I OPEN THESE BOXES.  FEELS LIKE A GOLDSINK, LIKE THE HARDMODE SPAWNING A MERCHANT OF WONDERS WITH ONLY OUTFITS I ALREADY HAVE, THEN BUYING A 15G GAMBLE CHEST AND ONLY PULLING 10G.  SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FUN AND EXCITING, BUT LEAVES ME WITH A (Feeling of) LOSS (Actually more of a pointless feeling goldsink).

Please feel free to add comments on specific box contents rewards, the kids and elders boxes, or your own experiences with the event.

Another thing to think about:

This patch introduced 4 Meowharan Coins buy 1 silverscale at the merchant;    1 silverscale ~40 Meowharan Coin fragments (gloves are uncommon, 1 full coin, daily box has rare-superrare  chance of 1 full coin)  1 Silverscale is 20 silverscalefragments,  2 Meowharan fragments (to open)~ 1 silverscalefragment  vendor wise.

Think about your 2 Meowharan fragments to open, if it rolls silverscale fragment, you sort of broke even. Kind of lackluster rewarding.

Master hong is 2 Hongquility Emblems/Silverscale on the vendor, thats 20 Hongquility fragments.  2 Hongquility Fragments to Open an elder chest, 1/10th a silver scale each being used up, so 2 possible Silverscale fragments poofed.

It would not be out of line for Grownups box (Meowharan) to guarantee 1 silverscale fragment, and Elders(Honquility) to guarantee 2 Silverscale fragments.

Nothing else to say here that this event was in fact the worst event of this year followed by the valentine's one where we need to kill other players. . . This shitty event hit us in our gold in order to get trash items. No sacred vials at all moreover they introduction of 5 stupid currencies:

1. Actual gold

2. Crafting materials.

3. Solo dungeon fragments.

4. Daily challenge freaking (Harvest Wine, Thanks giving invitation and Hongmoon Jade)

5. The empty pouch (if you lucky to get the drop) for the wheel.

Quite honestly.. I feel totally let down drop in elders table.

I've opened nearly 20 of them yesterday and I know I won't do that again. All I've got was guaranteed rewards plus bunch on sacred crystals and nothing else. Pretty meh for gold and time you invest in it. Meanwhile kids table gave me 3 pouches to spin the wheel plus some minor stuff for alts. I don't get it.. but I guess I'll skip this event as I did with Halloween one (that one was nice to farm hammers but once you got them in few hours..).

This. The rewards are complete ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. For the cost and effort involved i want to actually get something back than "well you should've just spent those tokens in scale trade" and a net gold loss.

Compare this to other events where you can get oils reasonably (and even extra mats sometimes) by just running daily challenge. Way more rewarding for extremely little effort.

And then theres this event, way worse rewards than above with much much more effort involved. 

Like, are you kidding me nsoft? Surely you can do better.

Archived