After Blizzcon - Thinking about coming back

CarebearChristina

Blizzcon was tough this year boys. I am thinking about coming back to BnS and had 3 questions. I honestly cant remember why I quit. I always loved the combat, but I think it was the lack of an open world, which yeah I know isnt going to change, things were so streamlined and also there was nothing to do at max level when I was playing, and groups were TOUGH to fine. Any ways, my 3 questions:

1. In your opinion, what is the state of the game (Bad, Meh or Good)?
2. Warden is the new class (btw poor destroyers, who is going to play them now?), and usually new classes are OP as FFFF. Your top 3 for PvE and PvP (assuming average skill)?
3. How P2W is the game's state now?

Thanks guys, appreciate your input. 

1: the state is bad, games being managed badly, events always getting worse, incompetent support GM's
2: warden is OP. top 3 pve/pvp assuming average skill probably warden / gunner / maybe FM
3: hella p2w if you want to do any actually challenging endgame (TT raid or 6v6). Unless you consider it realistic to play the game like it's 2 full time jobs.
4: since you mention blizzcon - all 6 of the new games ncsoft has in development are mobile games. (Aion 2 and blade&soul 2 are two of them) :(

it's a rough year for gamers everywhere.

1) Meh. The game itself isn't bad, but as every single Korean games, you get to progress 4000 times faster if you pay. Dungeons being braindead since 80% of them have been nerfed.. and classes are just unoriginal, "easy" mode that barelt requires much gameplay attention.

2) Warden, Warden and uh, Warden.

You tank better than KFM/BM. (8m melee tank, xddddddddd. just... whatever)

You can use a wannabe Soulburn that instant-casts.

You can be cc immuned 80% of the time, thanks to Blade Ward.

Your dps is not so far away from top-tier like Force Master (fire)/Gunslinger.

Why play all the other classes when you can do everything in a single one ? While it's not the case for other people, this is probably 70% of the reason why I've heavily stepped away from this game. 30 remaining % being about nerfed dungeons to the ground and "afk"/one-time content events. 

3) Well if PvE is 'winning', I'd say the pay2win is "bad" then. Tho, in my opinion, it became bad because we have much more things to upgrade compared to before. By the time I started playing, we didn't had Tiger/Dragon stages for Soul, we didn't had Hongmoon Heart, neither fused soul badges nor awakened mystic badges. Hell we didn't even had gloves either.. so it was 'easier' to catch up, as we just had to mostly work more for soul/weapon rather than anything else.

If not, then I don't think the game is pay2win at all. Yeah battlegrounds (6v6) is about who whales the most since it has specific PvP gear, etc.. but if it bothers you so much, there's still arena (1v1, 3v3 tag) which has equalized gear. Battle Royale mode will come soon as well, which has equalized gear too.

However if you don't 6v6, you'll have some trouble gathering Moonstones since the primary source are from battleground chests.

1. the state is not bad or meh, its decent. Ofc since there isnt really any new content most players just do the dailies and thats it.

2. I wouldnt say warden is OP, is good if you know how to properly play it. Since its a new class some pvp mechanics from pvpgear do not apply to warden yet.

3. The game isnt p2w, sure there are people that buy the top gear, but there is nothing stopping you from earning it the normal way either. Someone mentioned here "you need to p2w to do TT " wel...you need good gear for it, simple, they way you get that gear is your choice.

16 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

1. the state is not bad or meh, its decent. Ofc since there isnt really any new content most players just do the dailies and thats it.

2. I wouldnt say warden is OP, is good if you know how to properly play it. Since its a new class some pvp mechanics from pvpgear do not apply to warden yet.

3. The game isnt p2w, sure there are people that buy the top gear, but there is nothing stopping you from earning it the normal way either. Someone mentioned here "you need to p2w to do TT " wel...you need good gear for it, simple, they way you get that gear is your choice.

they aren't going to catch up to doing TT raid as a F2P while it's still the most endgame content unless they play the game as if they are working 2 full time jobs at the same time.

1. In your opinion, what is the state of the game (Bad, Meh or Good)? - IMO, O think the game is good if you're talking about stability. Looks like it's not shutting down any time soon.  As far as gameplay, I enjoy it at my own pace. I pay sometimes but I don't do all available content. 
2. Warden is the new class (btw poor destroyers, who is going to play them now?), and usually new classes are OP as FFFF. Your top 3 for PvE and PvP (assuming average skill)? - for me Warden, Gunslinger, Warlock... I don't PVP btw... If i do, it'just for fun. Destroyers are still awesome in the game. I just enjoy warden because admittedly it's really very durable and has decent dps.
3. How P2W is the game's state now? - if you mean p2w as getting end game gear and high level fast then I think the game is p2w as FFFF.... hehehe?

3 hours ago, Smo said:

they aren't going to catch up to doing TT raid as a F2P while it's still the most endgame content unless they play the game as if they are working 2 full time jobs at the same time.

How is that any different from WoW (except the option to whale doesn't really exist)? Or any other MMO? If you want to stay with the current content you have to play. WoW I believe gate your progress because of a weekly limit on dungeons (correct me if i'm wrong, stopped playing that a long time ago), BNS gate you progress by weekly lockout on raids, but you can gear up on the non-raid path (the raid path is stronger but mostly more expensive).

Also, what's with people always having to do the most recent content right away anyway? Enjoy the damn game instead... That being said, I wouldn't ever recommend this game to anyone anymore @CarebearChristina, the devs have done some really questionable things and overall just shown a very lazy attitude towards their community, not fixing issues that are over a year old and taking almost 2 months to fix a big problem that affected an entire class. If they give any compensation for any of the issues we experience, it generally feel more like an insult than a compensation, something like 1-2 event tokens for one char (their goto compensation for an extended maintencance, which usually means that most of EU doesn't get to play at all for day 1), when you generally get more than double that by playing, and need around 100 for something useable...

Its good, not p2w at all. Its gotten so easy that aransu is the new raven in terms of how easy its to get. Hell you can buy your vt badges now cheap on the marketplace as sealed mats. Its gotten even more grindy though, but thats been the heart of blade and soul. They added a lot of features to f2p players that they didn't have before like a free f3 clothing storage, free teleports (although still have a timer), etc. 

P.S. People saying gunner is in the top 3 pvp tier either dont pvp or dont know how to lol. Look at 1v1 and tell me if you see a gunner top tier. Its just not the case (6v6 doesn't count as its just pve really not true pvp lul any class can 1 shot there, 3v3 is carry). I dont see many FMs up there either. Top tier is like warden/destros/one assassin. Gunners are the easiest class to kill, literally free points. I love it when I see them. Hands down worst pvp class in the game

1. meh but with events like this it's going to bad

2. warden is op but some classes can stall against them and win by time if you talk about arena pvp, but ow and 6v6 you might aswell just run around them and think what you're doing instead of trying to attack them head on!

3. The game is not p2w, That's what I would say untill they make people easy catch up to people with more years of experience and having twice more gear...

11 hours ago, CarebearChristina said:

1. In your opinion, what is the state of the game (Bad, Meh or Good)?
2. Warden is the new class (btw poor destroyers, who is going to play them now?), and usually new classes are OP as FFFF. Your top 3 for PvE and PvP (assuming average skill)?
3. How P2W is the game's state now?

1. I would say the state of the game is mixed. There's for sure people, but there's been issues that has had players move on or take breaks.
2. I main blade dancer and I'd say not blade dancer in PvE.
3. The same pay-to-progress as its ever been. You rank higher on ladders and skip some mech or phases, but that's about it.

Forums and Reddit have a lot of people complaining about really dumb stuff.

The game would have retained a lot more players if it had better optimization and netcode. Game engine upgrade hopefully next year, so hopefully it'll work out.

4 hours ago, CarebearChristina said:

Welp, not going to lie. A little disappointed reading these responses. Seems like the game is where it was years ago when I played, in terms of the mood of the community. I had a hard time finding parties for dungeons and such. There werent really any mid lvl players. It was either lvl 10 or lvl 50.

The game is at the point where you just follow the main storyline all the way through to completion and through the story you will end up with high enough gear to get you started.  There's no point in doing mid-level dungeons as far as leveling.  That's why you see the disparity.  

11 hours ago, CarebearChristina said:

Welp, not going to lie. A little disappointed reading these responses. Seems like the game is where it was years ago when I played, in terms of the mood of the community. I had a hard time finding parties for dungeons and such. There werent really any mid lvl players. It was either lvl 10 or lvl 50.

it will always be the same  until it shuts down eventually, and thats it, nothing will ever change here

when the game makes you so salty you cant rly blame the community tbh

but there was 1 thing that changed, most likely,those lvl 10 players are geared now(or quit:giggle:)

Archived