Forums

After seeing Raven SS drops from normal NS/IF/EL, I think VT SS should drop from normal mode of high-tier dungeons

Kozuki

I think the drop will be more suitable and more desired by players that way.

Unless carrying someone, a Hard-Mode party tend to have full VT SS already, rendering the extra SS drop mostly useless. Its misleading light is kinda annoying to see too, as these SS perfectly take away the chance for something rarer to appear, as the more loot in the loot table you have, the less chance you get rare items.

Nowadays, VT SS are become more common thanks to Hive Queen Wings become account-bound. So, I think it is okay for pre-VT players that can do Starstone Mines and above can occasionally get a rare VT soul shield. Like NS/IF/EL that can be tackled at pre-Raven SS level.

Also, I believed it would be nicer if all bosses in a dungeon can drop legendary-tier SS, so that fighting them feel less of a filler boss that are only there to make the dungeon longer to run. Dungeons with two bosses drop 1-4 at boss 1 and 5-8 at boss 2. Dungeons with three bosses drop 1-2 at boss 1, 3-4 at boss 2 and the rest at boss 3.

Yea but that would effectively render raids pointless as you can get 100% of the raid content without ever stepping into a raid.

BT came out a long time ago and BT SS are even given away in the story quests now. It has also been nerfed and outscaled to the point that two or three players can effectively carry an entire raid. VT on the other hand still give people trouble and there are still progression raids for VT that can't clear.

Lowering the barrier for VT gear would make a lot of VT raids just disband and spam dungeons for their loot instead. Maybe in a few iterations when VT is as easily carried as BT or VT gets nerfed to oblivion so it's nothing more than a braindead dps fest it will happen. 

10 hours ago, squirrely thoughts said:

Yea but that would effectively render raids pointless as you can get 100% of the raid content without ever stepping into a raid.

BT came out a long time ago and BT SS are even given away in the story quests now. It has also been nerfed and outscaled to the point that two or three players can effectively carry an entire raid. VT on the other hand still give people trouble and there are still progression raids for VT that can't clear.

Lowering the barrier for VT gear would make a lot of VT raids just disband and spam dungeons for their loot instead. Maybe in a few iterations when VT is as easily carried as BT or VT gets nerfed to oblivion so it's nothing more than a braindead dps fest it will happen. 

This. Plus pretty sure they will do that with VT stuff when the new raid comes out for NA / EU.

11 hours ago, squirrely thoughts said:

thats what i keep telling to myself when i buy a raid,altho i gotta go thru that loadingscreen

Archived