victor122

Assassin or BM

So after getting my Warlock main to level 55HM12, I feel I'm ready to start a new alt for fun. I'm trying to decide between SIN and BM. I played both before (up to level 47 and 45 respectively), and wanted to try them again. I am well aware of the changed both classes went through after the skill simplification process. I like both classes because of their different play-styles. I need a fun class with good visuals, that is good in both PVE and PVP (And yes, I know it takes time and learning). Mind you, I don't mind learning how to tank. 

I have a fair amount of experience with melee classes in this game (BD, SF, Warden, and my SIN & BM from 2 years ago, RIP). My ping allows me to play both classes fairly well.

I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks in advance

Nivalias   

Neither class is good in PvP and PvE at the same time. If your focus is on PvE, take BM, otherwise Sin.

27 minutes ago, Caili said:

KFM so that you get good part from both classes.

I thought about that, but KFM requires good reflexes and response time.  I'm not sure that mine are good enough for it.

Vyd   
1 hour ago, victor122 said:

I thought about that, but KFM requires good reflexes and response time.  I'm not sure that mine are good enough for it.

in 6v6 you just have to spam that block :D

works almost every time

Junamaki   

Since when was sin not good in pve? I haven’t “played” the game in a while but last time I did they were in a good spot in pve and of course pvp.

Nivalias   

Sin's have a high burst potential, but their damage is overall low compared to most other classes, and especially when you're using Lightning spec you suffer from oftenly not being able to play your rotation, as you're knocked out of stealth frequently. In PvE, their only strong points are their party stealth and blue buff.

RavTH   

BM - good for pvp and tanking in pve
SIN - good for pvp and decent dps in pve (depends on element)

iKickz   

Don't make a BM or Sin. Please don't. They are highly dependent on gear and hongmoon unlocked skills. You'll end up pouring more gold and mats into your alt than it's worth. 

Edited by iKickz

15 hours ago, iKickz said:

Don't make a BM or Sin. Please don't. They are highly dependent on gear and hongmoon unlocked skills. You'll end up pouring more gold and mats into your alt than it's worth. 

Then what would you suggest?