This event sucks. Here's how to fix it.

xBunnie

First of all, here are the issues (feel free to comment your issues as well):

• People hate crafting in this game. We have to craft.
  • In order to get the required materials to craft the boxes, you either need to buy some from the marketplace or use alts.
  • Adding the necessity of fragments makes the process even more convoluted.
  • You can't use the revitalizers in Circle of Sundering.
  • Circle of Sundering's fragment drop rate (anywhere other than Hong) is ridiculously low. Getting to Hong, even with the necessary DPS is a chore and not very fun.

In order to make this more bearable, several changes can be made, without destroying the core of the event (feel free to comment with suggestions):

• Add a box to daily challenge. People can have a small taste of the rewards, and craft to get more.
  • Reduce the gold cost of crafting the materials, allow more to be crafted, and lower the time it takes to craft. Therefore, we can get as much as we need, and trade them with friends without having to personally miss out on one of our 3 daily boxes.
  • Fragments don't need to be removed, just up the drop rate so it's less of a grind, especially in Circle of Sundering.
  • If it is reasonable to allow, without skewing the intended ranking system, enable dragonblood use in Circle of Sundering.

This event doesn't have to be annoying and unrewarding. It just needs some changes.

Dont know what are you smoking but we had this event last year and it was one of the best events of the year i would say. You had all the time to prepear craft materials in advance to start crafting event mats straight when maint ended.

Using alts its nothing new in this game if you cant get few chars to lvl 11 thats your problem realy. I know ppl who lvled whole new acc just for event.

About materials it can be double. Yhis year they made 3 tears of boxes for ppl and their gear. Ppl also had time to collect fragments before update and if they have whole coins they can ask for revert. I personaly only did all 3 solo dungs on 3 chars only for daily and have enough fragments for quite a few openings and i am doing those dungs with my purple train every day so i see no problrm in them.

Event isint perfect i agree but its still good in my opinion if you think smart beforehand.

Just wish we could get the items by completing certain dungeons like last event, and the event would be good enough. We used to get the secret recipe from NS, the dining table from Shattered Masts, etc.

There's no incentive to play the game yet again, it's going to be 15 mins of daily challenges, wait 45 mins to get the second throw for daily dash (so in the meantime, you can do Outlaw/CoS) aaaand, that's it.

Give me a reason to play the game already.

40 minutes ago, Shuthelah said:

Upping the drop rates at least would be a quick win... Im farming Outlaw Island and it's really not an easy task especially with bad ping.

takes me about 5 minutes a full run of outlaw counting the loadscreen and the mean time running from 1 boss to another, and the time to kill each boss is

boss 1 8s

boss 2 12s

boss 3 57s

boss 4 14s

boss 5 1:04 m

my ping is 290ms, my soul sucks and most of my accessories are on stage 3 to 6. With that being said i can't see the point of the whole crying about outlaw.

now for circle of sundering takes me 2:10 to kill master hong and an average 25s to 1m all other bosses. its all about knowing what do rather than having gear or ping.

you can try it whit my internet from low 80ms to 1000+ even mushins tower can be a pain in the a** and i know that ther is ppl whit worse connections then me in the game even but i will have a better connection in a littel while as my crappy copper cabels are booked to be changed to fiber

The one thing that borthers me the most is that they expect us to do 2-3 runs of solo dungs, per char, ontop of daily challenge. The crafting... meh. Could be better but its like w/e. 

The one suggestion id have is to reduce the tokens needed to open the box to one, so i dont have tho run yunsang a zillion times a day.

The cherry on top of cake were the Master Hong killing .I don't have fragments and i don't like Master Hong at all .I have multiple alts but i won't be able to open any kind of box .Thanks devs ,you put me off once again.This game instead of keep casuals playing (1.2k) discredits them and push them off by doing repetitive things .This Master Hong actually never dropped any fragment for me,i can do max 3 bosses in the dungeon.Ok devs,why i'm left off? Do you really want your mid player leaving and end off like Wildstar? 

Last year event was great! This year it sucks. Ya it has a lot of same things but they changed too much to make it not fun. Last year opening the boxes didnt require the extra items from the solo dungeons and it gave many players materials they needed. I came back to the game because of that event because It was a great way to say thank you to the players. I do not feel that thank you this year. It makes me not wanna play very much.

Yep, another nonevent for the casual player.  Last year was way doable, only needed one each of the six crafted items.   Now it's double plus the extra requirements from dungeon drops.   This event has barely started, but meh, looking forward to the xmas event already...

This is way better than Halloween event. I missed all Halloween bcos it was pure grind stuff. Don't have time to grind, this one is oposite i just log on few alts and send craft. In my opinion way better than previous one. Some will like some not. Just deal with it not QQ 

Maybe I'm just having bad rng, but the boxes for me have not even been worth making. All I've got from the Elder's Table rewards boxes is a few jewels/elements, silver scale fragments, bravery coin, or sea glass. These rewards are just not worth the time and the cost. I was going to try opening the boxes on my alts, but if the Elder's Table rewards are this bad, I won't even bother with the other ones. Seems like a much better idea to just sell the crafts for the gold. I was looking forward to this event, but sadly it's another let down.

8 minutes ago, Nanology said:

Maybe I'm just having bad rng, but the boxes for me have not even been worth making. All I've got from the Elder's Table rewards boxes is a few jewels/elements, silver scale fragments, bravery coin, or sea glass. These rewards are just not worth the time and the cost. I was going to try opening the boxes on my alts, but if the Elder's Table rewards are this bad, I won't even bother with the other ones. Seems like a much better idea to just sell the crafts for the gold. I was looking forward to this event, but sadly it's another let down.

Same experience here. Out of 9 elder boxes I got nothing but garbage rewards such as scales and bravery coin, nothing else. Not even a single additional item, always the guaranteed Hearty Party + 1 trash item. Not even a Thanksgiving ticket or anything, just rubbish items that don't cover the transmutation costs. Last year I always looted something valuable from each box. It's obvious that the drop rates are rigged and that NCSoft does not give a flying f about its community.

9 minutes ago, Rysa said:

Same experience here. Out of 9 elder boxes I got nothing but garbage rewards such as scales and bravery coin, nothing else. Not even a single additional item, always the guaranteed Hearty Party + 1 trash item. Not even a Thanksgiving ticket or anything, just rubbish items that don't cover the transmutation costs. Last year I always looted something valuable from each box. It's obvious that the drop rates are rigged and that NCSoft does not give a flying f about its community.

Yeah, assuming all items are self-supply Elder's Tables cost 7g per transmutation. So you basically waste 63g for nothing.

I think this event needs rework. It's praise I see is only from the money you could make off other players. Which is inflated not that I care cause I have alts. Regardless I could hope one day aside from buying the pets from the shop we could actually farm them in game and not venture coin low drop rates buy it there. They could add events to get the pets they put in shop instead of buying off market or hongmoon store even ones released and came before just a suggestion. Nothing more. 

This event is not only extremely limited, but it costs gold to craft the boxes. To make 3 boxes, you need 15 gold, and an entire day of waiting. PLUS you need to run dailies. I opened 3 boxes today and only got potions. HORRIBLE event. I just threw away 15 gold for some subpar raid potions. Didn't get a single legendary or anything worth my time. Actually I got a hidden promises chest. That's all. This event offers nothing but the +11 AP from eating rotten food. 

Ever since september there hasnt been any good event besides the warden one ..... im so dissapointed.. the halloween event got me 1 oil and the amount of effort i had out it was too much for a measly oil. This event usually used to bring me gold because i craft those dining tables and forks and sell them on f5 but this year the prices of those items are insanely low.. and also you need to have like a meetinneers coin or tranquility fragment to open the reward box yoh get for completing dc...  For many ppl doing cos takes effort.. too much effort to open a measly box. Sure you can farm mushins or meewtineers coins.. but that means that the reward from the vox will be worse cause you open it with old items from weak solo dungeons... too much damn effort and time to open a box. Why cant ncsoft just put in an event dungeon already.. another rising soul event with no rng or another wardens fury event with no rng .. heck even the frozen firing range event was way better than this. And from what i can predict its that event will keep being worse.. at least until march.. because in december we will probably get a winter trove which if you dont want to buy keys you will get nothing from. Basically if you are f2p and dont have hm coin you can take a break during trove unless they put in another event during trove. So i wouldnt expect a good event until january at least

unknown.png

This is what I got today from the Elder's Table rewards. I've gotten pretty much the same junk from all the boxes I transmuted. These items don't even come close to the cost of crafting the items, and transmuting the boxes. Not to mention the fact that I have waste my tranquility fragments which I could be saving up to get an obsidian gem. I haven't even seen a prize wheel ticket yet. Totally disappointed with this event. As usual.

168g, 4.8 hong tokens (24 elder boxes), and whole crapload of wasted time gave me the following.

unknown.png

the mystery pouch gave me a divine grace stone. which I suppose to some is nice.

but in my case, I had been hoping for an oil or pet pack. 

the grace stone is just not useful to me anymore. 

not usually one to complain, but having experienced last year's rendition of this event, and now what has become of it, i'm left with a rather bitter taste. 

yup, events are starting to suck... and it's by design. if you can get everything you need as event rewards, you're not spending money in the cash shop.

this is a whale's game. your options are be a whale or find another game.

free to play has killed the mmo.

On 11/17/2018 at 12:16 PM, Krucius said:

yup, events are starting to suck... and it's by design. if you can get everything you need as event rewards, you're not spending money in the cash shop.

this is a whale's game. your options are be a whale or find another game.

free to play has killed the mmo.

Lol, Blade and Soul has always been a pay to win game. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

Archived