why in the world is this still a thing?

Divinehero

so doin cold storage for the daily challenge and it took me awhile to load in.... in this time the other ppl in the group decided to not wait and killed winter mane b4 i finsihed loading in... which ate my lockout but didn't give me quest credit.. that makes no damn sense and i shouldn't need to use a reset token to fix somethin like this

Because as we see here some people does not have empathy or even common courtesy installed. Maybe when they born they missed their turns when God wants to provide them theirs.

-----

The only solution however is to solo it, should be quite simple unless you are in early stage of gear and having my in game delay (320-475 ms)  and promise yourself that when you make group, you only start it when everyone are inside and properly loaded.

dw, this will not change with the next update, or the next, and probably after that :HajoonCheer::HajoonHappy::HajoonWow:

things like this happens from time to time,you cant rly avoid it, unless u solo it

you can blame either the system or the player, tbh, only the player side is understandable, cause the system is pointless, would be time to remove the daily lock from useless dungeons

It is frustrating with this dungeon especially when people don't wait cause it takes no time at all to get to the boss.  And most people through F8 only do this dungeon in a party because they don't want to leave F8. Which in turn makes you wonder why, if they load fast and don't wanna wait for others, they don't just leave the party in the dungeon lobby and solo the dungeon because it would ultimately be faster and less dickish than killing the boss before everyone is inside.  But I can also see how annoying it is to have to wait forever for people to load in, also especially with this dungeon because it's so short.  And when I say forever, when it takes a few seconds to kill the mini-boss(if it can even be considered that anymore) to open the door to Wintermane, then you have to wait around for 30 secs plus for people to load in, it can feel like a long freakin time making you frustrated and impatient.  I also think there is a general unspoken consensus that people who take forever to load are bots causing the rest of the party to take a mindset of something akin to "oh well, they're probably a bot, screw 'em".  

I recommend that people who have long load times, when doing this dungeon, to just solo it since it's easily solo-able even with lower tier gear for most classes.  Daily Challenge doesn't become available until you hit lvl55 and if you finish story quest in it's entirety, use the materials and gold to upgrade your weapon, you should be more than strong enough to solo it.  Otherwise, I've noticed that parties are much more likely to wait for someone with long load times if that person mentions something in chat about their load times and asks them to please wait for them.  Of course this wont always work but has a higher chance than saying nothing and hoping people will be patient.

Few thoughts on subject:

1. Game does not really show that you are loading, it shows little icon inside dungeon in a second after you step into portal. I may be wrong but it seems to me that even your character model is there while you re still loading. Source - often when I loaded into dungeon I see others just stay in beginning without moving. So you can't really tell if they are just afk or if they are bot or disconnected. And people who go afk exist for a long time, so "they probably afk, screw them".
  2. It is an obvious bug that you become locked out of dungeon without receiving quest reward. They should change that to lock people out only after quest is done.
  3. Daily lock in Cold Storage is ridiculous. It doesn't drop anything valuable anyway.
  4. Game is very poorly optimized and servers/network is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

Archived