Jump to content
Forums

Why such high ap/gear req?


Recommended Posts

@CheesecakeAssassin Some of it is about speed but the issue arose from something different. Back when our elements could be mixed and matched F8 asked for about 50 ap more then what game recommended. Mostly People looked at gear rather than Ap itself. (There were always some Hurr Durr only max Ap hurr Durr people).

Like @Vyd and @Lyn Thunderfox mentioned AP is not everything. But today I tend to follow AP more then gear. The reason behind that is really really simple. Trove. This "event" alone broke AP requirement to a ridiculous level. How? Simple. If you go back when Twilight Temple aka TT released Boss 3 and Boss 4. At the very same day Trove event came out. You were able to get Dynasty?Aranssu Badge, Sealed/Unsealed Aransu weapon Material, Hive Queen Wings/Hearts and Grand Celestial Wings. (And Gems + Necklace items).

So what is wrong with it? EVERYTHING. This basically opened the door to brand new 1 week old players a possibility to have Aransu 9, Max VT necklace, VT Badge, VT SS 1-4 without even stepping 1 foot in any dungeon. Now add some gilded gems that can boost you 30-50 ap. 

So what do we have left as indicator someone is not a Trove warrior?? His word? Don't give me that bullshit. Back then people looked who had VT SS 5-6-7-8. Of course today you can get that with clearing Boss 1 and 2 and to be honest they are both Push-Overs. 

The second issue is the constant mech nerf we get patch after patch. It is funny how Ransack Treasury is still one of the least liked dungeon for pugging. Because Amara doesn't give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and still causes wipes. They nerf ST so hard that you can braindead dps both bosses so people rather pug that one because no skill required.

I did 4 man dungeons and had 50-100 ap more then 6 man requirements back then. Sure I got kicked because in some party my AP wasn't enough but I did get lots of runs. And back then 4 man was a hell hole. 1 mistake on DT = wipe. No rez charm cheese could help you. If your dps was insane back then you were only able to push mechs.

So what did create this whole fiasco? 1) Easy access to endgame gear/content without even playing the game. 2) Removal of mechs = People never bother to even learn mechs = High Ap wanted for High DPS.

And If you guys don't believe me then just look what people ask in Faction chat when a cash boosting event pops up. I saw constant raven 3 with gilded gem people (I even looked at their alts making sure it was their main) demanding (YES DEMANDING)  for certain dungeon carries. And you know what happens when I explain to them they are not geared enough or should focus on other items first to help them? Insults and getting blocked.

So if one day new players would actually learn mechs or even try to learn them. Some people will allow lower Ap. Until then, people will prefer to eliminate 80% of game population (Because it's impossible to know who is an idiot and who knows mech)  to save themselves from wipes that could have been easy avoided. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, Vyd said:

generally the more ap you have, chances are you have atleast a somewhat decent gear to work with, so its understandable,given how everything gives ap if you keep ugrading it, so around 1.2k ap you probably have roughly 150k dps even if you only upgraded your weapon to like aransu 6, and your bracelet is still tier 1 stage 3

i know ap is not equal to dps, a properly geared raven 3 can probably do more than some1 with rift 9, even if rift has more ap,but thats not the point here.

unless you put a moyun parse in your F2,there is no better way to know your capabilities.(altho even that doesnt guarantee that you wont be kicked, cause every1 checks the ap

first with a tunnelvision

The thing is you just proved my point as many have bene playing this game as long as they have they know what parsing is they know how much damage thye should bring to the table. My point still stands. If you know ap decent equal dps then you would have stated that generally the more ap then chances are you have someone what decent which is actually untrue. You could have 1.1k ap and still rocking purples but rocking guilded gems to bypass that ap margin which still wont give you the edge because ur multipliers are lacking.

 

I don't know why you even mentioned or even comparing  a raven 3 to rift 9 as raven already brings to the table higher multipliers than rift could ever bring that's hardly a good comparison. Now if say someone have raven 3 with a good amount of legendries  upgraded decently while one didn't now we have a fair comparison

Edited by Taimatsu
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Taimatsu said:

The thing is you just proved my point as many have bene playing this game as long as they have they know what parsing is they know how much damage thye should bring to the table. My point still stands. If you know ap decent equal dps then you would have stated that generally the more ap then chances are you have someone what decent which is actually untrue. You could have 1.1k ap and still rocking purples but rocking guilded gems to bypass that ap margin which still wont give you the edge because ur multipliers are lacking.

 

I don't know why you even mentioned or even comparing  a raven 3 to rift 9 as raven already brings to the table higher multipliers than rift could ever bring that's hardly a good comparison. Now if say someone have raven 3 with a good amount of legendries  upgraded decently while one didn't now we have a fair comparison

sigh, cool

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, Vyd said:

was there ever a dungeon that was rewarding to do in bns? other than doing it once a day for the daily gold?

Yes poharan event.

But guess what happened!!!??? People hated they cried so much that I was in one of my game breaks and I reinstalled the game just to test.

And was the best event NCS did. But of course people like more this events where you dont do nothing and and you get rewarded. Like this last 1 just pam the chat change chn and dps a bosss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fufia said:

Yes poharan event.

But guess what happened!!!??? People hated they cried so much that I was in one of my game breaks and I reinstalled the game just to test.

And was the best event NCS did. But of course people like more this events where you dont do nothing and and you get rewarded. Like this last 1 just pam the chat change chn and dps a bosss.

but you see, you all are talking about events, not the main content

at this point events can be considered the main content if you want to progress,and if they dare make an event timeconsuming, or less rewarding, ofc the ppl gonna rage about it with open mouths, cause events are the only thing thats profitable to do in this game,if they take that away, then there is really nothing to bother with tbh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is very good to have all VT, super equipped, AP etc. and it would be a wonder if the performance of this game was not unfortunate, minimal investment / maximum benefit, all the blah blah blah slips them, pity of the tremendous lag that makes the gear and the game is worth nothing and do not do more than 100k dps to finish in DC.

Overall most ppl wants to go fast DPS and fast laugh/insult to others, that's bns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 11:07 AM, CheesecakeAssassin said:

I am not one of those 55 HM8's nagging how everyone wants so much ap in daily dungeons. I'm a HM11 BD with 1082ap so I have nothing to nag about in them. The thing just is, why such high requirements for such easy dungeons as Hollows Heart, Irontech Forge and Naryu Sanctum? No one needs VT gear for that. They just need about 1,05k-1,08k (going inside my own ap to not be an asshat) and knowledge of the mechs through video or I'll tell them what to do. It doesn't take an hour to take people with no VT gear or 1,3 ap. I understand DD, RT, STT and those, but Hollows heart? Starstone mines? No VT gear needed, just patience and mech knowledge. 

And no, I'm not taking 900 ap people in my dungeons even when I say that the ap reqs are a bit too over the top.

because getting 5 other randos in f8 to do mechs is a pain in the ass. high dps is the best mechs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vyd said:

but you see, you all are talking about events, not the main content

at this point events can be considered the main content if you want to progress,and if they dare make an event timeconsuming, or less rewarding, ofc the ppl gonna rage about it with open mouths, cause events are the only thing thats profitable to do in this game,if they take that away, then there is really nothing to bother with tbh.

They are main content in this game unfortunately. 

Yeah I agree this game main content should have better ways to farm. since you finish with the dailys is nothing to do in the game just do it all again with a alt.

 

"if they dare make an event timeconsuming, or less rewarding, ofc the ppl gonna rage about it with open mouths"

And here is where I do not agree. 

when I say that an event is bad I'm not thinking about rewards. but rather how the event is done and what it brings to the game. another thing about events is more high gear you have worse will you be.

Yes ppl rage abaut everything most of the time they are just thinking about themselves. 

Look at this event people say it was one of the best events. what? we do not do anything. Is just do your dailys normally clicks a button wait a day take the reward. (could give 1k gold per box still going to be bad)

 

Sorry topic is about high ap and we are just talking about events.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...