Producer’s Letter – December 2018 Update

Liinxy

I hope those system changes will include the adjustments to balance out the EXP Curve between NA/EU and the other regions, as well as including the revisions to Hongmoon point bonuses (threat/regen/movement/debuff/etc)

overall though I think i'm not alone when I say i'm glad that the awakening patch was postponed. 

the less issues, bugs, imbalances, and problems with content the better, especially when it pertains to material that directly affects player choices in how they gear up and play their characters. 

Delaying a garbage and poorly received update was a smart move, good job for once.

What do the QoL changes include? Gold income increase from dungeons? Costs reductions from Aransu 3-9 (mainly HQ hearts which are stupidly overpriced)? More ways to get Evolved stones and Demon Spirit stones? Enticing, fun and rewarding events unalike the absolute trash event we are experiencing right now? Please shed some light.

aww, i was hoping to see those new skills

it cant be worse than the current system, and even if it is, it doesnt matter at this point.

oh look, another gear to upgrade, great *criesinpleb*

new dungeons, cool.

Hmm, yeah you did an update quickly for the event, but it must be clear by now that it did not actually make people happy and plenty skipping it made it pretty difficult and frustrating for those who still wanted to do the event. Spawning bosses is much more difficult with very few people and b/c the drop rates are pretty bad with the bosses, overall event failed spectacularly  imo.

QoL improvements? like rolling back the gold nerf? and reducing materials cost for upgrades? how about a pass through transmuting and crafting and adjusting materials costs for those? how about eliminating the soulstone crystal requirement for adding primers to shields?

and you still haven't done anything about the elder dragon jewel and element procs from transmuting element and jewel packages. there is literally nothing left in the game that they can be used on. ND FFS ADD SOME ACTUAL USABLE "INCREDIBLE ITEMS" TO THE PEACH VENDOR IN CELESTIAL BASIN!

stop with the pay to win bs. all its doing is driving players away.

don't delay the release of the class specialization update because we don't care about your balance and adjustments also we want the battel royal as soon as possible ppl want somethink totaly new also you can take our feedback about specialization skill not only the other region we also we have our opinion about it the don't delay it

What Feedback  ,    we want that awakened patch and that is coming from a shadow sin    . 

i don't understand the reason for the delay , people wants something new and interesting , i agree the balance might be a bit off . but i have been monitoring raids in korea and  the balance is   great among most classes minus ice sf which is looking a tad stronger but still  no reason to delay awakened , its a great choice if u bring it to NA/EU because we're starving for  new skills and revamp  .

before anyone  jump at my throat yes i'am a shadow sin who was the weaker  when awakened came out . 

my profile https://bnstree.com/character/eu/ksucha

> It’s this kind of community feedback that we find critical to address issues when something isn’t working the way it should or in general to continually improve the game for our players.

How about evolved stones problem from last year that's still not fixed till today? And the demon spirit stone disappeance?
How about moonstones that got butchered on Soulstone Plains and Naksun's pocket (PvP doesn't count)?
How about the open world (which has a huge potential) that also got butchered and there's almost literally nothing to do in the game outside of dungeons?

And many others like F2 or F4

> as we continue to work to bring you fresh content and improvements to Blade & Soul.

Can you describe fresh content, please? Because what are we getting are dungeons only, and we are closed inside them.

>  We ultimately felt the best decision for our players was to wait and delay the release of the class specialization update.
Wasn't really insterested to check this but I guess it's a good thing after seeing many opinions, especially for SIN and KFM

> We are still planning to have plenty of content for our December update, which introduces two exciting dungeons, powerful legendary equipment.
Here's a hint of what we'll get: 

10 hours ago, Rysa said:

Costs reductions from Aransu 3-9 (mainly HQ hearts which are stupidly overpriced)? More ways to get Evolved stones and Demon Spirit stones? 

Hearts overpriced? Sorry what? You can buy them directly from the market for just 50~ gold each, while we didn't have this possibility and had to bid up to 1k for 5 hearts every week. Now it's way cheaper and doesn't even have to run the raid. On the other hand I have to agree with what you wrote about stones.

ANYWAYS next stream tomorrow I guess? 

39 minutes ago, DisplayNameIsInUse said:

Bad decision to delay awakening / specialization....

Not sure if sarcasm.

This is like the best decision they could make right now. Considering the backlash of this patch in Korea, how broken classes are and how they are basically playing on a test server until it all gets fixed.

I am glad they delayed it, for once NCwest isn´t puking out content just for the sake of it.

What the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ am i reading here in the comments, have you people kept up with the KR feedback on the awakening, how half the classes literally dont function on a basic level? All the skill and ability related bugs? 

Trust me, you dont want this.

22 hours ago, finalfantasy7 said:

KR fixing skills every week and december update is still 5 week ahead... the 1 year old Thailand server is getting awaken in november update. Poor west dont get nothing just p2w events:(

BnS Vietnam too, as they just tease awk.skill patch recently. However, I won't be that hype in their case.

They are severely lacking of gear, namely cuz their ToI season is way too behind us. Imagine playing VT-geared Earth Summoner without Magnum to combo, or Fire Gunner without Primal Force to increase their Bulletstorm count. Obviously, since they have no base badges, there are no badge fusion either.

How does they make up the DPS difference for VT raid? They whale for soul, which is obviously a cash-grab from their publisher Garena. Also, it really helps that every raid they get is the already-nerfed version.

For upcoming TT raid in their server, if Garena continues to be stingy about soul badges, then the awk.skill patch will help them to boost DPS enough for that raid. Overall, the patch itself is a DPS increase for all classes, after all.

Meanwhile, our server already have sufficient DPS to clear all current contents. A bit delay for a more polished awk.skill update won't kill anyone and save us the trouble of getting annoyed. Unlike KR server which gets fix every week, our server always take a long sweet time to push in skill updates, so if we get a bad awk.patch, we will get stuck with it for months.

Delaying bugged/unbalanced/unpolished content until it can be sorted out in Korea is the right decision. Skill system is not something to be messed around with lightly, since it affects every BnS player. Not just some bugged boss or wonky mechanic.

As for the halloween event, NCWest's response was a pleasant surprise. They listened to feedback and changed exactly what needed to be changed to turn the event from borderline unplayable to very much worthwhile. I've saved so much gold with the element and jewel drops and the gem hammers will be stashed for future use. People call out boss spawns and form groups to move between instances, sometimes with several Tarakhan fights going on at the same time. From what I've seen, the zone is active to some degree at nearly all times and crowded during peak hours.

Curious about those upcoming QoL improvements. Hopefully reduced costs to mailing account-bound items, at least.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:04 PM, Walex said:

Hearts overpriced? Sorry what? You can buy them directly from the market for just 50~ gold each, while we didn't have this possibility and had to bid up to 1k for 5 hearts every week. Now it's way cheaper and doesn't even have to run the raid. On the other hand I have to agree with what you wrote about stones.

Apparently you think the "pay to get anywhere" model is what should be adopted?  If you're trying to run on the bleeding edge, maybe you can afford to be paying thousands of gold.... but for the average player the amount of gold from quests and weeklies doesn't number in the hundreds - much less thousands.

I have played Blade and Soul for going on 3 years. This will be my 3rd Christmas Trove.. I wont be buying into the Trove this season.. Horrible month for Trove.. Since most of the regulars that keep buying into Trove's.. knows how bad Troves of past have been. hows about Blade and Soul.. give everyone in the game a 100 key present.. Every account gets 100 Trove Keys, special thanks to the Blade and Soul company. This way it wont feel like "Blade and Soul is the Grinch that stole Christmas".

I found this one the web about the financial end of NCSoft..  
According to gameindustry.biz
NCSoft enjoyed a strong Q1 2018 with revenue up by 98 per cent, and income spiking by 585%
According to the publisher's latest financial report,  sales were up year-on-year $439 million USD.
The reality is Blade and Soul was also down both quarter-on-quarter and year-on-year, seeing a 24 per cent drop from $41 million USD in Q1 2017 to $31 million USD in Q1 2018. Korea accounted for the vast majority of revenue with 71 per cent of NCSoft sales coming from the region. By comparison, Europe and the US combined only represented around eight per cent of the publisher's total sales. How low must it go before NCSoft drops Blade and Soul from the EU & NA regions.

The reality is profits have fallen to record lows.. Blade and Soul is dieing on the EU and NA servers. They are milking this cow.. with Troves, RNG boxes and consume boxes. They will not promise anything, nor will they build a old wore out game around a new engine if the finances are not there to back the investment. If we had everything the Korean Servers have the likelihood of a failure on the EU and NA servers probably would not be a thing. The Developers and investor's have known for the entire 2018 year BnS is failing. I as a consumer - investor, decline to spend any more of my money on a failing game. Its long over due, the game owes to its consumer base a big Christmas present.

9 minutes ago, Fieryfly said:

The reality is profits have fallen to record lows.. Blade and Soul is dieing on the EU and NA servers. They are milking this cow.. with Troves, RNG boxes and consume boxes. They will not promise anything, nor will they build a old wore out game around a new engine if the finances are not there to back the investment. If we had everything the Korean Servers have the likelihood of a failure on the EU and NA servers probably would not be a thing. The Developers and investor's have known for the entire 2018 year BnS is failing. I as a consumer - investor, decline to spend any more of my money on a failing game. Its long over due, the game owes to its consumer base a big Christmas present.

they already confirmed the engine upgrade for PC. also just because revenue goes down, doesnt mean a game is dying. It can be a multitude of reasons.

• Liinxy unpinned and locked this topic

Archived