Nightfall Sanctuary: Why do bosses in NA version speak gibberish while ones in other regions don't?

Kozuki

From what I know, bosses in Nightfall Sanctuary actually speaks comprehensible language in KR/JP/TW/CN regions.

For some reasons, however, when comes to NA, they speak gibberish that no one understands. I guess it is to make the place feels ancient or something. However, considering a lot of ruins in this game is also ancient and bosses still speak comprehensible language (like Vahad and Amara in Ransacked Treasure which is in the same area of Nightfall Sanctuary, though the mobs themselves speak in gibberish), this proves to be somewhat inconsistent.

Can NCWest reveal the translation direction for this particular area

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Well i mean....esthetically looking.....would be nice, but looking from a practical side....i dont see it being revlevant for anything whatever language they speak.

That's not exactly true. If you ever used other language packs, you would've noticed that bosses vocally announce their next rotations/mechanics.

16 hours ago, Asuramon said:

That's not exactly true. If you ever used other language packs, you would've noticed that bosses vocally announce their next rotations/mechanics.

Aside from the visual queues (eg the hand movements of certain boss, etc.) we have on screen statements as to what each boss is about to do.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:39 PM, Grimoir said:

Well i mean....esthetically looking.....would be nice, but looking from a practical side....i dont see it being revlevant for anything whatever language they speak.

It is a matter of immersion for players and professionalism of a company, no?

NA voicing is actually lacking during lv45 days, where some bosses are not voiced (Junghado and Mushin's variants, for example). While it is not necessary to hear them calling out their attack, it feels better to fight voiced bosses, especially when you know that they are originally voiced, not intentionally muted for the sake of budget. Not mentioning theere is not a single word of NPC side quests are voiced, while other regions do it notmally. I tried English voice, then switch to Japanese voice. The immersion is completely different even if I don't understand the langague, and I stick to JP voice up-to-date.

Nowadays, at least voicing become better, and it seems NCWest seems to willing to pay to add voice (though some sounds horrible, like the Peach merchant in Celestial Basin). For some strange reasons, NCWest are keen to make TT bosses and mobs speak gibberish, which is unusual as other regions they speak normally. I wonder why, whether if it is NCWest wants them to sound like something ancient (which is not necessary cuz it becomes inconsistent in Ransacked Treasury), or it is just the laziness part of the localization team, who don't want to translate all the words and decide to cut the corner by making them talking gibberish. Since it is gibberish, you can just make up what they say, saving brain cells and efforts.

If it is not gibberish and actually an existing language, I'm curious what is the language, so I will able to at least translate the boss quotes myself.

Archived