Forums

Worth Playing / Trying?

nameisntnormal

Bottom line here? 

IS Blade and Soul worth trying or playing? 

Now whatever I type...

PLEASE NO HATE. JUST OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!! 

This game is.. OOF. I love it. Yes, the storyline is "original" in some peoples eyes but honestly the rest of the game is fun.

No you cannot make it through the game without at least once, having to party with someone and defeat a boss in the dungeon. I say pay attention to some of your combos. No, you cannot just click and win. The max level is Level 55 HM 24. 

My highest right now is at Level 50 HM 5. I took lots of breaks along the way but it was fun as soon as I got back on. 

Yes, it has loading screens but they aren't super long as other games. 

The classes in Blade and Soul are set by difficulty. Yes, some are gender and race locked. But it makes sense all in all. 

The character customization is amazing honestly. Other MMORPG players can agree. Sliders in these games are amazing. There are character presets of course. And you can make your character UNIQUE. Ugly, beautiful, cute, etc, etc. It's pretty amazing. Of course the game has its downs, like all games do. Like the PVP and transfering money into the game and all. But as a player who is going on her almost 2 year anniversary. (I've had several accounts. My main account now was made in 2017) 

And I've seen this game through a BUNCH of changes and I'll say... Give it a try. Contact me in DM or comment below with an @ me for my discord and I'll play with you and or call with you about it! Anyway, I rate this game now... 

7-8/10 

Thanks for reading this and I am open to seeing your opinions but please again, no hate. Hate will be removed / reported. :) 

13 hours ago, nameisntnormal said:

Yes, some are gender and race locked.

where do you see gender locked classes?

13 hours ago, nameisntnormal said:

Yes, it has loading screens but they aren't super long as other games.

bns has the longest load time, and loading screens. even people with very good rigs have troubles with the loading screens alone.

Imo, the game is worth playing if you have some time to dedicate to it or money to spend. A lot of people start playing the game, then flood forums because they do not have the time to grind and farm because they have "other life stuff to do".

The game is as much fun as you make it to be for yourself. Playing with friends is a huge factor in that.

Content wise, there are plenty updates, but content is being too much dumbed down and nerfed to even enjoy it fully. Mechanics are either a super overkill (in some raids) or are non-existent (practically every dungeon now)

On 10/29/2018 at 2:11 AM, RavTH said:

where do you see gender locked classes?

bns has the longest load time, and loading screens. even people with very good rigs have troubles with the loading screens alone.

Actually, that is not true. I'm sorry you have a problem with the loading screen but everyone else I know who plays is just fine. My computer is super expensive so maybe their rigs aren't the best you may say? 

On 10/29/2018 at 5:25 AM, Grimoir said:

Imo, the game is worth playing if you have some time to dedicate to it or money to spend. A lot of people start playing the game, then flood forums because they do not have the time to grind and farm because they have "other life stuff to do".

The game is as much fun as you make it to be for yourself. Playing with friends is a huge factor in that.

Content wise, there are plenty updates, but content is being too much dumbed down and nerfed to even enjoy it fully. Mechanics are either a super overkill (in some raids) or are non-existent (practically every dungeon now)

I do agree. :P

want some opinions?

i rate it 4/10

the usual good game with bad management category.

dont think there is anything else.

i can explain in details but i think you can see everything if you look around the forum.

is it worth playing?

hmm, something between yes and no, depends on your needs about how badly you want to play a somewhat unique mmo vs the time you want to invest in it for questionable gains.

4 hours ago, nameisntnormal said:

My computer is super expensive so maybe their rigs aren't the best you may say? 

this made my day tho.(rather night)

and it is true, bns has one of the longest loadingscreens if you dont use an ssd,

and some explanation

witcher 3 loads in faster than bns. i think that should be enough of an explanation, give the difference between the 2 game quality wise.

actually witcher loads about the same time on hdd as bns on an ssd.(maybe even faster a bit,depending on zones)

also bns has one of the worst optimizations.

On 2018. 10. 28. at 6:03 PM, nameisntnormal said:

No, you cannot just click and win

simplemode, it works even in pvp. (i got to gold with it)

HM 24. 

actually 25 for now,atleast on EU o.o

The classes in Blade and Soul are set by difficulty. Yes, some are gender and race locked. But it makes sense all in all.

it doesnt make sense at all tbh...

and most of the time the higher difficulty classes are the easiest and most broken

Hate will be removed / reported. :

you opened a thread about opinions,expect ppl being salty and negative overall, its not a reason to report a honest opinion if you had different experiences with the game.

The character customization is amazing honestly

yes it is , i quite like it, altho it might be getting a bit outdated

and the handsizes affecting the range your character can reach  is a big --- for me

(it should be generalized tbh)

And I've seen this game through a BUNCH of changes

yes, this is also true, altho not every change was good.

8 hours ago, Offy78 said:

If you have a good pc, good internet connection, love endless grinding, have money and time to spend, so why not..

You are aware you DON'T have to spend money on this game to finish it or to win right..? There is a lot of grinding but it's a game.. lmfao 

19 hours ago, Vyd said:

want some opinions?

i rate it 4/10

the usual good game with bad management category.

dont think there is anything else.

i can explain in details but i think you can see everything if you look around the forum.

is it worth playing?

hmm, something between yes and no, depends on your needs about how badly you want to play a somewhat unique mmo vs the time you want to invest in it for questionable gains.

this made my day tho.(rather night)

and it is true, bns has one of the longest loadingscreens if you dont use an ssd,

and some explanation

witcher 3 loads in faster than bns. i think that should be enough of an explanation, give the difference between the 2 game quality wise.

actually witcher loads about the same time on hdd as bns on an ssd.(maybe even faster a bit,depending on zones)

also bns has one of the worst optimizations.

simplemode, it works even in pvp. (i got to gold with it)

actually 25 for now,atleast on EU o.o

it doesnt make sense at all tbh...

and most of the time the higher difficulty classes are the easiest and most broken

you opened a thread about opinions,expect ppl being salty and negative overall, its not a reason to report a honest opinion if you had different experiences with the game.

yes it is , i quite like it, altho it might be getting a bit outdated

and the handsizes affecting the range your character can reach  is a big --- for me

yes, this is also true, altho not every change was good.

Lmfaooo. You really did quote me on everything didn't ya? 

Lemme go down the list too then. :) 

Yea, it is pretty bad management but it doesn't make the game worse than ever. If you wanna see bad, look at Tera. 

And the loading screens actually aren't bad what so ever? Like I said before? I mean I guess it's up to what kind of computer or whatever. It takes less than 2 seconds for it to load for me. I have never had a problem with the loading screens. :) Sorry for that.

Oh and it's 24 in NA I believe. I haven't seen anyone over that. 

Most of them ARE broken but meh. Don't play them then.

And yea, I'm plenty aware I opened a thread. :D But opinions don't equal hate.. You can say an opinion without being a crappy person. You can say it with attitude, fine. But you don't have to be RUDE. Or HATE. So yea, I expect it but I warned y'all on the thread post so they know :) 

And finally. I know the change throughout the years isn't the best. People change, they go through crappy stages. So do games. 

Am 3.11.2018 um 21:56 schrieb Vyd:

It, uhhhh.... is. It doesnt affect the range you can attack at as much making a tiny af lyn doesnt affect your hitbox. 

Its probably not for you if you don't like a lot of tedious grind to just be able to get to a decent gear lvl in the game and you actually need to be a certain gear or else your gonna have a hard time getting into F8 groups with the way F8 people act. its hard for new players and alts to get groups when you constantly got people asking for 1.2k+AP for super easy dungeons. so yeah unless you got some friends to help you and what not I would think about finding another game to play as theirs alot of things wrong with it like the company not really caring for their playbase and their concerns and just making things more P2W and what not, the company has been making the game go down hill very bad recently and at this point it just seems like they really don't care what happens to their game, as long as they can milk us out of more money then their fine. but hey if this doesn't bother you then go ahead and try playing it and see exactly what's wrong with the game. side note: Smash ultimate is coming out December 7th, would suggest anyone to go to that instead if their at the end of their rope with this game lol.

5 hours ago, Ujarac said:

Its probably not for you if you don't like a lot of tedious grind to just be able to get to a decent gear lvl in the game and you actually need to be a certain gear or else your gonna have a hard time getting into F8 groups with the way F8 people act. its hard for new players and alts to get groups when you constantly got people asking for 1.2k+AP for super easy dungeons. so yeah unless you got some friends to help you and what not I would think about finding another game to play as theirs alot of things wrong with it like the company not really caring for their playbase and their concerns and just making things more P2W and what not, the company has been making the game go down hill very bad recently and at this point it just seems like they really don't care what happens to their game, as long as they can milk us out of more money then their fine. but hey if this doesn't bother you then go ahead and try playing it and see exactly what's wrong with the game. side note: Smash ultimate is coming out December 7th, would suggest anyone to go to that instead if their at the end of their rope with this game lol.

Oooo. This made my day. 

Not.

I have played this game for YEARS. I have seen it in worse states than this. So this means nothing. 

ALSO. Lemme say this. It is NOT P2W WHAT SO EVER. Do you KNOW what PAY TO WIN is? 

The COSMETICS are expensive. The MEMBERSHIP is expensive. But nothing is "P2W" 

Thanks for the game suggestion but no thanks. 

1 hour ago, nameisntnormal said:

Oooo. This made my day. 

Not.

I have played this game for YEARS. I have seen it in worse states than this. So this means nothing. 

ALSO. Lemme say this. It is NOT P2W WHAT SO EVER. Do you KNOW what PAY TO WIN is? 

The COSMETICS are expensive. The MEMBERSHIP is expensive. But nothing is "P2W" 

Thanks for the game suggestion but no thanks. 

I mean if you want to keep playing this game when the company doesnt care for you at all and keeps making the game worse then what it was before and keeps giving shitty events and the only thing they care to actually push is rng boxes and troves then go right ahead and keep playing, you asked if it's worth it so I gave my opinion. I've played the game just as much as you and I can honestly say that lvl 45 was more worth it to play but now it's gone completely down hill and you can clearly see that NC does not give any ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s about their playerbase. I mentioned to play that game to not be troll but because unlike NC they actually care about the state of their game and dont want to make a quick buck like NC. But once again enjoy this game for as long as it last and I hope you can progress and find other people to play with since the community gets worse with every major patch in F8. Also P2W mite of been the wrong word to use but its definitely Pay2Progress when they lock everything behind huge amounts of grind and like I said about them not caring and havent bothered to boost gold gain options, ms gain options, and many other things we've asked for them to give us boost to, to help us progress. Also look at how damn long it's taken them to fix Gunslinger F2, at this point stuff like that shows me a lack of caring and disconnection with their playerbase and it's obvious. You can keep playing and support them as much as you like but NC will continue to not care about you and only your money.

7 hours ago, Ujarac said:

I mean if you want to keep playing this game when the company doesnt care for you at all and keeps making the game worse then what it was before and keeps giving shitty events and the only thing they care to actually push is rng boxes and troves then go right ahead and keep playing, you asked if it's worth it so I gave my opinion. I've played the game just as much as you and I can honestly say that lvl 45 was more worth it to play but now it's gone completely down hill and you can clearly see that NC does not give any ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s about their playerbase. I mentioned to play that game to not be troll but because unlike NC they actually care about the state of their game and dont want to make a quick buck like NC. But once again enjoy this game for as long as it last and I hope you can progress and find other people to play with since the community gets worse with every major patch in F8. Also P2W mite of been the wrong word to use but its definitely Pay2Progress when they lock everything behind huge amounts of grind and like I said about them not caring and havent bothered to boost gold gain options, ms gain options, and many other things we've asked for them to give us boost to, to help us progress. Also look at how damn long it's taken them to fix Gunslinger F2, at this point stuff like that shows me a lack of caring and disconnection with their playerbase and it's obvious. You can keep playing and support them as much as you like but NC will continue to not care about you and only your money.

Well you can't get everything you ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing ask for can ya now kid? 

You didn't have to start getting shitty with me because I got your panties in a twist. I didn't say I didn't like your damn opinion so keep it in your pants. You need to take a freaking chill pill. And maybe some spelling lessons while you are at it. I was being perfectly nice. I didn't say anything rude to you. You need to learn to give ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing calm answers. Watch where that ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ will get you in life. 

Well first off none of what I said was towards you or ment to be negative towards you, it's all negativity towards the company and just my opinion on how they handle things. Sorry if that offended you but I'm just saying how i feel about the game. Also you came of very sarcastic to me at first. I'm only stating how the game is and I wasnt even trying to be rude was just honestly telling you if you want to keep playing the game run by a bad company  and support them then that's on you but dont expect them to give you the same treatment that you give them. People tend to have this blind following for bns and NCsoft without admitting the bad things that the company does and how they really dont care at all.

1 hour ago, nameisntnormal said:

Well you can't get everything you ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing ask for can ya now kid? 

You didn't have to start getting shitty with me because I got your panties in a twist. I didn't say I didn't like your damn opinion so keep it in your pants. You need to take a freaking chill pill. And maybe some spelling lessons while you are at it. I was being perfectly nice. I didn't say anything rude to you. You need to learn to give ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing calm answers. Watch where that ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ will get you in life. 

vor 12 Stunden schrieb nameisntnormal:

It is NOT P2W WHAT SO EVER. Do you KNOW what PAY TO WIN is?

Uhm ok, maybe you're one of those that think this is only pay to progress thus perfectly fine. Except... Sorry chap, theres literally consumables that you can only get via rngboxes and trove. And they're practically a neccessity, on top of being max geared, if you want to be competive in dungeon rankings.

Archived