Circle of _Suffering_ ?

Dellecross

17 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

You probably don't get it. I do at least 25-30 attempts every day on first boss. On weekend I did 2+ hours of tries both days. Which sums up to a couple of hundreds of attempts probably by now.

And that's only the first boss which according to the cited guide by many people here is 2/5 difficulty rating whereas the next one is already 4/5. And I didn't succeed so far on even first boss. I try different approaches and tactics but it's not working because I fail them in execution.

I didn't pay attention to that. Well thanks, at least I don't feel that bad now about my DPS.

Sorry but the first one is a piece of cake if you already got 1200 AP, i already told you what to do the post above, i beat him third try without watching any guides ut just by looking what he did.

Juwol and Dochun on the other hand are a huge increase in difficulty, probably took me 10-15 tries each to first beat them, i didn't beat master hong yet, i will try again when i have more DPS.

maybe you should play a different class, like summoner which is really easy to play.

this is MY Blademaster , just for you to compare:

https://bnstree.com/character/eu/ellion

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

You probably don't get it. I do at least 25-30 attempts every day on first boss. On weekend I did 2+ hours of tries both days. Which sums up to a couple of hundreds of attempts probably by now.

If u have done it so many times on the first boss and still can't beat him (at this stage u should have been able to memorize his attack patterns (when and who to cc and what attacks to iframe)).

I think u don't understand your class well enough, because SF are freaking OP with VT or TT gear. With the gear that u have, I could have done CoS with just range attacks, I know SF deals more damage as melee. U should watch a tutorial just study his attack patterns. Maybe that can help u. cheers

2 minutes ago, Arohk said:

Sorry but the first one is a piece of cake if you already got 1200 AP

It's not. At least - not for me. So far I got nothing to add to the thread because I think it's demonstrated well enough that what seems to be normal for other people is a huge impassable wall for me. If I will get any progress - I'll add it here. Until then it will be circling back and forth over the same things being said before.

Dellecross, it looks to me as though your problems with progression lies not in gear or knowledge of mechanics, but in execution; something you yourself have admitted countless times by now. As such, I believe you'd progress further if you would just slow down and return to basics. More specifically, you must let go the urgency you probably have in trying to dps as hard and fast as you can, even when it's not appropriate to do so. I suggest you spend at least a few attempts where you purposely don't attack and simply hold block while you watch and observe what the bosses are doing to you and when. As you gradually build the muscle memory of when to expect certain things to happen, the act of attacking, using cc, and dodging during appropriate timings become much more fluid, natural, and instinctive to you. A good friend of mine has similar issues of execution as you do and I believe you'd benefit from learning the same way I encourage him to do so. Again, the key is to slow yourself down and go back to the basics of this kind of gameplay, without needlessly burdening yourself with trying to keep track of so many mechanics at once. Just build up muscle memory one step at a time until you no longer need to think about it. Hope this helps!

Having read this thread, I thought it would be a nice challenge to see how an SF would approach this fight, so I wanted to see if my raven 3 SF would be able to clear the first boss.

As people have mentioned earlier, there are four basic skills and I'll mention what I did for each animation:

1. Full circular yellow aoe spin: Block with 1 skill for 2 seconds, if you have the hongmoon skill it recharges the chi on each hit until it reaches 5 stacks and you just press V after the spin is finished
  2. Uppercut move: Blockable, but just circle around the boss to avoid it
  3. Half circle red aoe: Unblockable, use Q or E to avoid
  4. Linear rectangular yellow aoe: Blockable, but just circle around the boss to avoid it

Basically you want to be continually circling the boss when you're not blocking (just hold onto A or D) so you don't have to even worry about moves 2 and 4. 

Roughly every two full rotations (it won't be exactly two rotations, it could happen in between any of those four basic skills), he will say "Face me like a real warrior". He will charge at you to stun and if successful he will grab you. The stun is blockable so I start to put up a preemptive block before the next basic skill and when it's getting close to two full rotations. If he continues to do his basic skills instead, just move to cancel the block and continue dpsing (or just block the attack if it's a yellow attack). If you do get grabbed, either just stay grabbed if the add is not a threat, or immediately tab escape if the add is about to be a problem.

As for the add, when he is not incapacitated, he will either plant a red aoe bomb or do a half circle yellow aoe. Since you should always be circling the boss, you should easily be able to walk away from those two attacks.

When the add starts rolling away and says "I got something for you", you have two options:

1. SS (puts you into ranged stance) towards the add and turn around to press 4
  2. Dash on the 2 skill in melee stance, and use either 3 or 4

If you're too far from the boss, he will do a jump stun, but if you managed to cc the add, that's better than having the add heal the boss or continue to throw random attacks at you.

In the end, I was only doing about 40k dps and I have high ping, so I had to stop attacking way in advance in order to do the mechanics properly.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

You do need either very good ping or godlike micro at this point. I personally took over 8 hours to beat junghado, 6 hours naksun, 5 hours yusang, and 5 hours for master hong.  

Trying over and over again breaking and repairing weapons, to the point your fingers move by reflex.

In the case of master hong as a wind kfm, we have to stand 1 cm from hong to even punch him, but if you stand to close he will knock u up and combo you to death. Personally if every 5-10 tries you get closer to killing him than in your previous attempts, you are doing something right. When you are doing something right, you must be able to repeat it and it should always work. (a good baseline is copying what guides do) 

For Hong during mech phases you need to always use the same iframe for a given part of the mech, or else your cooldowns will fuk u over when you try to use an iframe which isn´t available. I used to SS because i get a movement speed buff + iframe to avoid certain skills, then when hong was 80% and he pulld me, if i tried to F + ss , i was dead 100% of the times, so i decided to longer use ss as part of my skill rotation and save it only for that part of the mech. 

VS hong as a kfm some skills have to be side steped, others iframed and others countered, so when he is bellow 25% i don´t actually learn the pattern of his moves because i will never get as much practice as i have for the other 75% so what i do is i sidestep while holding counter while having a finger right on top of my key for an iframe cause you wont get 10 hours+ of practice of the last 25% rotation in order to ever memorize it.

For the other bosses you kinda just need to know when to stop attacking, their counters is the deadliest part of the third boss, and the second one you just need to block after he dashes behind u or else she will stun you. during the mech phase you need to iframe if she is to close during her dash + red circle. or if she is far you just need to run where the red circles  already exploded(at the edges of arena), because they won't explode 2x in the same spot at the edges. 

The first NPC asks you what you will learn from each boss. Even if we didn't have that amazing video guide you should be able to figure out the attack patterns, how you will counter based on your class, and mostly importantly when you can dps. One part of that video guide the guy even strips off some of his best gear and shows you that you can still beat the encounters.

I defeated yonkai

CTBQX.jpg

Key takeaways:

- Saving Tab for grabs and grabs only

- SS puts into range state -> SS+4 is a way to go

- If given a choice from where to stand and fight the destroyer, always stand so that it will be the closest to yonkai

- Never miss CC on yonkai

- Never ignore the spin and always block it

- When yonkai is CC-ed, lure destroyer closeby to him so that melee 3 can be used in future to  yonkai when his CC state is over

- Keep track of which state I am in (ranged? melee?) <---- this one is one of the biggest problems for me. Is there a way to put "RANGED" or "MELEE" on a display? Preferably written in a huge red font.

- Not to forget to use "C" (I only used it in the beginning in the attempt above when I actually won - if I used it properly it would be easier victory)

Thanks everyone who replied. I know it was the easiest boss and now I face way harder problem and I have no idea if I manage to beat the next boss not to say master Hong and I know it's very shameful it took so much time and so many attempts just on a first boss - so it's hardly a celebration. 

18 hours ago, Dellecross said:

I defeated yonkai

CTBQX.jpg

Key takeaways:

- Saving Tab for grabs and grabs only

- SS puts into range state -> SS+4 is a way to go

- If given a choice from where to stand and fight the destroyer, always stand so that it will be the closest to yonkai

- Never miss CC on yonkai

- Never ignore the spin and always block it

- When yonkai is CC-ed, lure destroyer closeby to him so that melee 3 can be used in future to  yonkai when his CC state is over

- Keep track of which state I am in (ranged? melee?) <---- this one is one of the biggest problems for me. Is there a way to put "RANGED" or "MELEE" on a display? Preferably written in a huge red font.

- Not to forget to use "C" (I only used it in the beginning in the attempt above when I actually won - if I used it properly it would be easier victory)

Thanks everyone who replied. I know it was the easiest boss and now I face way harder problem and I have no idea if I manage to beat the next boss not to say master Hong and I know it's very shameful it took so much time and so many attempts just on a first boss - so it's hardly a celebration. 

Congrats! The most important thing to admire is that you didn't give up!

Nevermind stage 2 now. My advice is: Focus on trying to faceroll Yonkai now. If you feel you can finally kill both of them with ease, move onto the next stage, which is, surprisingly, much easier, cause there's less things happening around you. :)

I left the dungeon yesterday and so today I was preparing for the worst since I need to go through the first boss to get to the second, but...

The big guy somehow died before I even noticed it. And yonkai acted like in slomo .. I think he possesses no more threat to me.

The second boss is very much reliant on animation frames..

Problem is - there's an animation lock and that prevents using iframes if I use an ability (happens a lot when I'm in rotation). And missing even one iframe is a game over there, so.. very unfun experience when I see it coming, I press iframe, I see it's not on cooldown but it just does nothing and not registers and I get destroyed. Horrible bad design for skills If I do say so myself.

10 hours ago, Dellecross said:

The second boss is very much reliant on animation frames..

Problem is - there's an animation lock and that prevents using iframes if I use an ability (happens a lot when I'm in rotation). And missing even one iframe is a game over there, so.. very unfun experience when I see it coming, I press iframe, I see it's not on cooldown but it just does nothing and not registers and I get destroyed. Horrible bad design for skills If I do say so myself.

just stop attacking in time then, she always does the same attack pattern.

Maybe your problem is that you just brainlessly spam attacks instead of actually looking what he boss does.

Archived