Circle of _Suffering_ ?

Dellecross

i try just now that dungeon for the first time and i dont think it's hard. ok i have 1202AP

But i go up until master hong and got stuck on the first face. his rotation is easy but when he jump in the middle i never know where is the save area.

I think i have to watch a video for it or miss a few hours trying.

As people have been telling you. you need learn and do mechanics or just a GM weapon can help you :)

just for curiosity can you finish Outlaw Island?

Any good reason for this dungeon have ranking? 

It seems to me that it's strange. only gives more rewards to those who already have better gear.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Fufia said:

As people have been telling you. you need learn and do mechanics or just a GM weapon can help you :)

As I've posted above - I can't apply what's in the guide in-game. Too slow reaction and messing up controls, not knowing what to do in the given situation and so on. I'm trying more, of course - to see if any improvement can come, but so far - no luck, this dungeon raises the skill requirement bar too high for me at this point.

6 hours ago, Fufia said:

just for curiosity can you finish Outlaw Island?

Never heard of it - but if that's something similar - I'd better have a good reason for doing it.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:38 AM, Dellecross said:

Why is it wrong to ask it?

The problem isn't in the asking, the problem is in people (not just you, but thousands others) seem to need to ask it months past the point where they should've learned it. Here's your solution - treat the two enemies as a singular boss. Keep them closer together so you can react to both. That way even if one tries to cc you, you will have the time to deal with it. Don't let either blindside you. As for the CC, just do an SS and 4. Then you can go back to beating the snot out of the axe boi.

Dellecross yes is very similar a solo dungeon where you need do mechanics but for lowest level.

I think you should do Tower F20 - Outlaw Island - Circle of Sundering 

you really dont need this. But once you are having difficulties try something easier first.

@Dellecross Don't rush. You'll need to observe. This mini dungeon is not a dps race, so take your time and don't rush the mechanics. As Fufia said (albeit in a different manner), you need to follow the predetermined flow of the fights. Just like with Yunsang on top of Mushin's tower, these bosses have specific windows in which you can push your damage. Once you learn which mechanics are triggered when and how they work, you'll know when to lay back. The first fight with the two dudes in the circle, is not unlike the battle on Mushin's tower floor 19. You have two adversaries and they try to cover each other.

When you see a snap point where you get broken in one swoop, next time you get to that point, hold back for a moment, see what they do and if they can be CCed. Next time you get to that, you can just exploit those CC situations.

Just approach these dungeons like you would dark souls bosses. Observe while you're getting pummeled, exploit the living hell of whatever weaknesses they have. Most people struggle in the EXACT same manner in that game. Difference is that in BnS you get the cold shoulder, as the content either has no learning curve, or a brutal one, while in Dark Souls the learning curve is brutal from the get go.

Have you ever done any of the previous solo dungeons or not? Also, if yes were you way over-geared for them when you did them where you could literally faceroll it or were you geared to the point where you had to execute the mechanics properly? This will help more in understanding why you're struggling. If you haven't done them yet then practice doing them first and then give CoS another try.

Seeing as you've ran this a great number of times without managing to get past the 1st boss, I wonder are you actually taking the time to do some of the mechanics or just attempting to faceroll it like in the previous solo dungeons (if you have). Next time you run it I want you to take your time, it's ok if you die a few more times but this time, focus on only executing the mechanics. So this means observe the bomb throwing boss (fat short guy) and cc him, once you're comfortable doing that then start learning the attacks you iframe or block and which ones you can facetank, don't put all your focus on doing damage yet. This is just to get you used to mechanics, once you're comfortable then you can go all out. Just take it one step at a time, see why you're failing on your runs, anyone can learn, those people you see doing it perfectly had to start somewhere.

17 hours ago, ClassicMan said:

Have you ever done any of the previous solo dungeons or not? Also, if yes were you way over-geared for them when you did them where you could literally faceroll it or were you geared to the point where you had to execute the mechanics properly? This will help more in understanding why you're struggling. If you haven't done them yet then practice doing them first and then give CoS another try.

I never did them. Never had any necessity.

17 hours ago, ClassicMan said:

Seeing as you've ran this a great number of times without managing to get past the 1st boss, I wonder are you actually taking the time to do some of the mechanics or just attempting to faceroll it like in the previous solo dungeons (if you have).

I know I'm bad, but I'm not that bad to try same thing after failing on it so many times. I try to do things which were pointed above, but I fail in execution miserably. If I try to pay attention to the small boss - the second one catches me in some CC sooner or later. I also miss some of my CC and generally I mess up the stances (i.e. lose track of which I am in currently). If I don't pay attention to the small boss I actually get the most close to beating them but then they chain CC and I miss my iframes sooner or later so they again overpower me.

Also I noted that my "second pair" of iframes simply doesn't work - trying to utilise those leads to the situation that I'm caught in CC. Because to switch stances I need a full action to take place and their CC comes very fast, I simply can not do the iframe fast enough if I change stances.

slightly off topic.

So i have killed master hong 1x and the other boss 2x but just master hong drop fragments. others boss can drop fragment too?

Is this worse than Outlaw Island to farm?

This is going to take more than a monthto get the bracelet?

2 hours ago, Fufia said:

slightly off topic.

So i have killed master hong 1x and the other boss 2x but just master hong drop fragments. others boss can drop fragment too?

Is this worse than Outlaw Island to farm?

This is going to take more than a monthto get the bracelet?

All bosses can drop fragment tokens, whole tokens, or a necklace that can be salvaged into tokens. Just that only Master Hong guarantees dropping fragments. Other first 3 bosses have much lower drop chance. The daily box from Master Hong also has a chance to drop a whole token.

If you finish Master Hong daily, it may take you like 2 week. One week if you fight him several times per day. If you only spam first or three first bosses, may take longer depend on how many times you spam per day.

Try to set your camera distance further away, don't lose sight of the midget. On settings, camera options, you can set the max distance.

First of all, set your melee 2 approach skill to move 1(lower cd) since move 2 is only for pvp.

Don't just focus on the destroyer (staying close to both of them from start helps), always be prepared to approach the midget when he runs away. If he lifts a bomb, then you 2 approach and any CC (might wanna use your C resist before approaching)

Remember the destroyer's attack rotations:

• Spin (face tank)
  • Aimed double attack (face tank)
  • 180 front attack (prepare to resist. Use your Q or E)
  • frontal attack (move sideway)

Save Tab escape for his rng grabs.

When the midget comes to you, he either put down a bomb or do a frontal 180 attack, just sligthly move away but don't lose sight of him.

That's it for the first boss. Hope this helps, best of luck!

Are u by a change trying to face the boss face to face trying  to block/iframe all attacks if so then u propably need to learn use WASD keys better as u can dodge most of that dungeon attacks by simply walking, u can start practicing this by cirling the boss (close range) and going throught the boss while doing this watch the little guy and learn to CC him

When the first Boss (Yonkai) starts to throw the bomb just CC him and he will be on the ground for 10 seconds  and you can easily kill the Destroyer.

With my blade master i just use my Throw Knockdown, he will also then not heal the Destroyer.

It's not about your gear its about you. The dng can be cleared with Raven 3, bt accessories, Dragon/Tiger bracelate,

Check the vid out.

Ofc you actually have to know your class and to learn to play it. And ive seen a lot of ppl with aransu weapon having no idea what they are doing. Playing with simple mode and holding right button. Get ure bracelate to stage 10 ... And get gud ...

2 hours ago, Arohk said:

When the first Boss (Yonkai) starts to throw the bomb just CC him and he will be on the ground for 10 seconds  and you can easily kill the Destroyer.

With my blade master i just use my Throw Knockdown, he will also then not heal the Destroyer.

I put my back against a wall and dps down the destro.

13 hours ago, Kozuki said:

All bosses can drop fragment tokens, whole tokens, or a necklace that can be salvaged into tokens. Just that only Master Hong guarantees dropping fragments. Other first 3 bosses have much lower drop chance. The daily box from Master Hong also has a chance to drop a whole token.

If you finish Master Hong daily, it may take you like 2 week. One week if you fight him several times per day. If you only spam first or three first bosses, may take longer depend on how many times you spam per day.

Thanks for the answer.

Yes i go do it daily since he gives good money. and yes after 5 full runs boss 1 drop a fragment but normally Master Hong drop 2 fragments but When first boss drop 1 fragment Master Hong just drop 1 too.

So  normally i just get 2 fragments per run 4 if daily.

I think I'll try just kill first boss sometimes and see if is better since he dies very fast. or i do only daily and I get depressed a few week without bracelet :)

7 hours ago, Evilline said:

It's not about your gear its about you. The dng can be cleared with Raven 3, bt accessories, Dragon/Tiger bracelate,

Check the vid out.

7 hours ago, Evilline said:

Ofc you actually have to know your class and to learn to play it. And ive seen a lot of ppl with aransu weapon having no idea what they are doing. Playing with simple mode and holding right button. Get ure bracelate to stage 10 ... And get gud ...

I thank you for paying attention to the thread - but the facts you've stated were already established (yes, both the video and "get good" part).

I know I'm not having any skill - that's why I hoped something here will help me. So far it didn't, but so far - I still try it.

26 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

I thank you for paying attention to the thread - but the facts you've stated were already established (yes, both the video and "get good" part).

I know I'm not having any skill - that's why I hoped something here will help me. So far it didn't, but so far - I still try it.

How can you say nothing written here didn't help you, where I could see people passionally trying to help you, pointing   out your mistakes and trying to guide you into right direction?

From your sentence you're not looking for help, you just want it cleared, without even trying or thinking WHAT makes you fail each time you try.

1 hour ago, Azuzuzuzu said:

How can you say nothing written here didn't help you, where I could see people passionally trying to help you, pointing   out your mistakes and trying to guide you into right direction?

From your sentence you're not looking for help, you just want it cleared, without even trying or thinking WHAT makes you fail each time you try.

I must've misspoken. I didn't mean that it didn't help in any way - obviously, that's not the case. But the help above it was not yet enough for me to beat the bosses. Not to blame anyone - I know it's on me. Yet again, I wrote above - in absence of skill, no amount of guides or advises can help. So you can read it as "that player is so awful that even with all the help above it was impossible for them to achieve the goal!"

8 minutes ago, Egoist00 said:

Did it with a dawnforged weapon. Awaken soul, and I think the heart was only stage 5.

https://imgur.com/a/7nJPtOQ

Great. Not that it tells me anything I could learn though. And yes, I've seen things like this: 

(closing first boss with ~600AP on same class as mine). Again: I am well aware by this point that it's my own skill problem. The person above does way more DPS with their ~600 AP than me with my 1.2k

I tried several dozens of times today - no progress. Starting to think that this game just isn't for me and it's time to move on. Some people can do it and some just.. can't. 

9 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

Great. Not that it tells me anything I could learn though. And yes, I've found things like this: 

(closing first boss with ~600AP on same class as mine). Again: I am well aware by this point that it's my own skill problem. The person above does way more DPS with his ~600 AP than me with my 1.2k

I tried several dozens of times today - no progress. Starting to think that this game is just isn't for me and it's time to move on. Some people can do it and some just.. can't. 

I did over 100 times CoS with my main, and at the beginning it was a pain in the azzzzz even on my main, it took me like 5/6 tries for the mini boss, over 25 tries to kill master hong, eventually, got use to their mechanics, so yea, u just gotta keep trying, u'll get use to their attack patterns. + there are lot of good tutorials out there.

ALso the video above had max TT acc, which those are END game gears, so that person just used a weak weapon, the rest of the equipment were end game stuffs...u cant really compare that.

6 minutes ago, Egoist00 said:

over 25 tries to kill master hong, eventually

You probably don't get it. I do at least 25-30 attempts every day on first boss. On weekend I did 2+ hours of tries both days. Which sums up to a couple of hundreds of attempts probably by now.

And that's only the first boss which according to the cited guide by many people here is 2/5 difficulty rating whereas the next one is already 4/5. And I didn't succeed so far on even first boss. I try different approaches and tactics but it's not working because I fail them in execution.

9 minutes ago, Egoist00 said:

ALso the video above had max TT acc, which those are END game gears, so that person just used a weak weapon, the rest of the equipment were end game stuffs...u cant really compare that.

I didn't pay attention to that. Well thanks, at least I don't feel that bad now about my DPS.

Archived