Forums

Circle of _Suffering_ ?

EDIT: for those who wish some challenge & reward: 

I got the hellion bracelet and hoped to get it upgraded. What a bummer - I need to run a dungeon for some coins for it. Ok, let's try it out.

To my surprise, the experience is .. well to describe it in simple words "floor wipe". I can't get past even first two. And not just a "near miss" - not at all. It's just I can't even scratch them. 

The feeling is - I'm trying to race a car on a bicycle.

May be my gear is wrong? Well, asked around. People say they do it with gear way worse than I have. Mine isn't great gear but I hoped it's not trash either. At least not till the extent I am trashed by the bosses.

Looked in the internet. There are guides. Like .. this one: 

wonderful thing can be observed at 4:40 - the player already has a bracelet which I need to get from the dungeon. So to get a bracelet I.. need that bracelet? Some sort of .. circle here?

Thus I decided to ask here. What kind of gear do I need to do it? Do I really need the 1.3k with full awakened accessories and who knows what - or is it doable with usual gear?

What to do? How to even approach beating first bosses? I do may be 50..100k damage and then they stun-lock me or grab and then bombs kill me in 2-4 hits. I can't do anything.

The character is here: https://bnstree.com/character/eu/Anabèlla

So far I tried it may be 15-20 times every day with no progress at all. Always the same thing: I'm out of evasion / iframes, bosses are both unharmed or barely scratched, they execute some CC-chain and I end up lying dead.

Should I even try doing it? For whom / what is it designed? Or may be I need godlike skills here (which I think isn't my forte)

Edited by Dellecross
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there

I have just slightly better gear than you, but I'm a BD and I have no idea how can you be having problems facerolling the dungeon... O_o

The only thing that comes to my mind is... you simply try to button smash without actually learning the mechs!

SF has the most iframes in the game ( or at least one of the most ) and you can dodge nearly everything they throw at you.

Me, as a BD, I only have Q/E, and i barely even get hit. How? Because I execute the mechs properly.

I can understand not clearing last boss, as it is heavily based on mechs, but the rest? Mind boggling.

You really ought to watch more closely, or just learn mechs by trial and error.

Edited by Azuzuzuzu
5 minutes ago, Azuzuzuzu said:

You really ought to watch more closely, or just learn mechs by trial and error.

I do not understand what kind of "mechs" is there - they just go and spam their CC and that's it. What do I do so I avoid it and at the same time do any damage? I have to stay close so I have to be in CC area. After I'm out of iframes, I'm dead. Simple as that. Again - I can't do any damage. I believe that's thanks to some debuff on me (reduced damage or something like that)

And yes.. I think 15-20 tries a day counts as trial and error.

Edited by Dellecross
14 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

I do not understand what kind of "mechs" is there - they just go and spam their CC and that's it. What do I do so I avoid it and at the same time do any damage? I have to stay close so I have to be in CC area. After I'm out of iframes, I'm dead. Simple as that. Again - I can't do any damage. I believe that's thanks to some debuff on me (reduced damage or something like that)

And yes.. I think 15-20 tries a day counts as trial and error.

The bosses have instant wipe mechanics if you do not do the mechs. Dochun for example when he goes to mid you have to CC him. If you fail to do it 2 times he will instant kill you,

Same with Juwol, she goes to the middle you have to avoid getting hit by the aoe's, every stack you get increases the damage you get when it explodes.

You literally have to do mechs else you wont clear it. The dungeon itself is easy, i could understand if you struggled at master hong, the final boss, but not the mini bosses.

That being said yuo can always just farm the 3 mini bosses, leave and enter again and farm the tokens that way if the last boss is too hard for you. Plus if you drop the necklace there you can salvage it for a token.

16 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

You literally have to do mechs else you wont clear it. The dungeon itself is easy, i could understand if you struggled at master hong, the final boss, but not the mini bosses.

That being said yuo can always just farm the 3 mini bosses, leave and enter again and farm the tokens that way if the last boss is too hard for you. Plus if you drop the necklace there you can salvage it for a token.

I can't get close to even scratching first ones anyhow seriously. Not to say killing them.

33 minutes ago, Azuzuzuzu said:

Could you record ur typical run and upload it on youtube? That would answer a lot of questions as to what you're doing wrong.

I did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_4ihvvNUb8 ; in the end it lagged a bit because of the recording I think. But makes no difference - I would've been dead either way.

2 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

I can't get close to even scratching first ones anyhow seriously. Not to say killing them.

I did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_4ihvvNUb8 ; in the end it lagged a bit because of the recording I think. But makes no difference - I would've been dead either way.

for the first boss:

Right after he  (the small fat one) throws the bomb he will heal the other boss (the tall one). When you see him about to do the bomb throw you should cc him that way there wont be a heal and u wont get hit.

Edited by Grimoir
Just now, Grimoir said:

Right after he throws the bomb he will heal the other boss. When you see him about to do the bomb throw you should cc him that way there wont be a heal and u wont get hit.

And I do it.. how? I'm a melee class and I'm busy with the boss in front of me. How do I teleport to another one and CC him?

13 minutes ago, Granger said:

You got a ranged stun as SF, ranged stance, glacial beam. Simply target the short one and use the skill.

It kills me way before I can do anything. Just by jumping on me and CC-ing me (grabs which I can't do anything about)

Edit: tried several times - no luck, if I cc another boss, I'm torn apart by the one which is nearby (it grabs or stuns me)

Edited by Dellecross
1 hour ago, Dellecross said:

So far I tried it may be 15-20 times every day with no progress at all. Always the same thing: I'm out of evasion / iframes, bosses are both unharmed or barely scratched, they execute some CC-chain and I end up lying dead.

Excuse me but the video you posted looks like someone on his first try instead of someone who has tried 15-20 times for days are you actually trying to learn how the boss works? You are just mindlessly going ham on the main boss ignoring the other one even though you could have easily cc'd him. You wasted tab instead of using f roll so you couldn't escape the grab and also got hit by other attacks even though you always had iframes rdy.

59 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

And I do it.. how? I'm a melee class and I'm busy with the boss in front of me. How do I teleport to another one and CC him?

Turn around and dash to him? Use your ranged stun? Sry but that's something you really shouldn't need to ask.

2 minutes ago, Cor said:

Excuse me but the video you posted looks like someone on his first try instead of someone who has tried 15-20 times for days are you actually trying to learn how the boss works?

This is what happens every time plus/minus 1-2 minutes of being alive. If you think it's a "first attempt" - I have no means to convince you in the opposite. Nor do I intend to. And yes, you've missed "15-20 times per day" Well, together I decided to give it more time - so at least an extra hour.

2 minutes ago, Cor said:

Sry but that's something you really shouldn't need to ask.

Why is it wrong to ask it?

Edited by Dellecross

Hey, you shouldn't just watch braindead combat vids. i advise watching guide videos. Here is a good one i personally watched. go grab some food relax and watch and read, all is explained here. and even then it's trial and error, first time i did hong it took me 1h couse of lags. wednesday patch day u know :D. GL

11 hours ago, Dellecross said:

This is what I was talking about. You're just button smashing, without actually trying to see what's happening around you. You dodge attacks that you can simply ignore, or just ss TAB to change stance to keep combo chain. ( sry I'm unfamiliar with SF). When Yonkai charges his bomb, just SS away, stun him, and keep close/semi close range to the other guy bursting him down. Rinse and repeat.

From what I saw, you have more than enough gear, yet you simply walk in wth closed eyes while pressing everything you have in your disposal. Thats not how Solo dungeon bosses work...

Edited by Azuzuzuzu

I can tell you that you can do this with raven 4 no problem. aslong as you can keep 100-120k dps up you can do it. I did it with a sin that's like 80k dps.

The most challanging I found to do with low dps is Dochun because if you don't push him to phase as fast as possible he will do that ult on you that's pretty annoying, not only his normal rotation can cuck you up when you mess up but also that ultimate attack is very time consuming.

2r5me1X.png

For hong, it's very easy but with low dps you have to deal with his full rotation which is the ground pounds aoes, his phases are easy to deal with but I would not recommend trying to dps in them if you have low dps!

on here if I remember correctly I just used dragon bracelet with holysoul fire badge and revelation mystic badge.
xQ9Upoy.png

and here's my attempt with tiger bracelet stage 1 and glory badge (no mystic skyrift mystic badge)
FqyO9aY.png

Juwol is simple, when she says "I'll tear you a part" block that or iframe that dash and continue dpsing. When she jumps to middle I recommend you to go by wall and wait til you see red circles spawn thne ss to the wall and as she dash to you face her into a corner and go behind her so she dashes into wall and then repeat. o.O...
For Dochun after his first yellow attack wait 0.3 sec and then use your iframe that's low on cd.

For hong simply just start by kding him or any cc at the start and do as much burst as you can, then when he gets up prepare to go 3meters behind him while still dpsing.

I wouldn't mind making a a speedrun with low geared alt and record for pov.

Edited by RavTH
1 hour ago, Azuzuzuzu said:

You dodge attacks that you can simply ignore, or just ss TAB to change stance to keep combo chain

I have no idea which to ignore - but they all either do heavy damage or CC me so I try to avoid all of them

1 hour ago, Azuzuzuzu said:

yet you simply walk in wth closed eyes while pressing everything you have in your disposal

If I don't do it I simply live much shorter time

7 hours ago, Cicilia said:

Hey, you shouldn't just watch braindead combat vids. i advise watching guide videos. Here is a good one i personally watched. go grab some food relax and watch and read, all is explained here. and even then it's trial and error, first time i did hong it took me 1h couse of lags. wednesday patch day u know :D. GL

@Dellecross Your character is more than geared for the task at hand. Just go through the guide above, it's probably the best there is.

To have it even easier I would recommend:

- Upgrading bracer to stage 10 for extra dps boost

- Using spicy dumpling food for extra crit/accuracy boost

- Speccing your talents appropriately according to your class. For example the first 2 bosses requires that you have fast 1 bar CCs, while the last 2 require that you have multiple frames resist.

- Remember the basic principles of yellow = blockable while red = unblockable. 

While it might seem impossible at first, the more you do the encounters the more you'll adapt to it. I have to admit, that doing CoS on my main has actually taught me how to better play the class and use skill combinations in PVE.

With enough perseverance you should be able to make it. Good luck!

For first bosses - I do not understand the concept of "blocking". I.e. if I do it - I only put myself at a huge disadvantage because to "block" I need to stay still and at that moment the second boss will CC me with the bomb. But even if not - blocking does nothing for progressing towards victory because I do no damage while blocking.

Also, about the yellow/red areas - things just happen too fast to react. I'm always CC-ed by those things (either one boss or another)

Edited by Dellecross
52 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

For first bosses - I do not understand the concept of "blocking". I.e. if I do it - I only put myself at a huge disadvantage because to "block" I need to stay still and at that moment the second boss will CC me with the bomb. But even if not - blocking does nothing for progressing towards victory because I do no damage while blocking.

Also, about the yellow/red areas - things just happen too fast to react. I'm always CC-ed by those things (either one boss or another)

No Offence, but are you reading what other people telling you? because it doesn't seem like it.

You cc Yonkai (the Little guy with bombs) and he stayes CCed for a long time, he doesn't throw anything at you and he does not heal the boss, sometimes he place mines underyou which you have to iframe (Not blockable), you only 1v1 the destroyer 95% of the time, and once Yomkai goes out of CC he attacks you for few times, puts a mine once or twice depending on how  slow you dps and he goes to bomb throwing mode again which you CC again, you can easily tell when he's going for a throw, he always stays next to you since they both are melee and once he starts leaving ( moving away from you ), then you will know you have to prepere to cc him. 

If you hate using your block, use E Q SS. Destro only has one attack that is not blockable, but it's iframable though, 

If your having problems on First boss, I'm 100% possitive you will want to throw your PC out of the window when you face Master Hong :HajoonLaugh:

23 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

No Offence, but are you reading what other people telling you? because it doesn't seem like it.

Yes, I read. I just don't understand what to do in-game and how to apply what's being said. It doesn't work for me - I can't get a grasp on how to properly fight the boss, they always overpower me.

But I think at this point it's plain clear I just do not posses the skill needed for defeating the bosses. I asked around more and I saw people did it with less than 1k AP and very basic items. So it's not the matter of gear, it's a matter of skill in-game.

I'm too slow to react and I'm lost in my controls, there are too many things to keep track of (what the second boss is doing, where are those yellow/red zones, which skill is on cooldown and how do I avoid incoming CC and then I need to do damage too etc etc). So for all those who replied - I'm truly grateful. The issue is just in myself and that's not something any amount of guides or hints can fix.

I'll ponder for a while if I want to stay in game. We play games for fun. This experience is not fun for me so I need to think if I want to continue. The game is just too hard for me.

2 hours ago, Dellecross said:

I'll ponder for a while if I want to stay in game. We play games for fun. This experience is not fun for me so I need to think if I want to continue. The game is just too hard for me.

then play for fun? why quit a game if you enjoy it because you cant overcome an obstacle in it? Circle Of Sundering is one of the hardest dungeons in the game. Just because you cant complete it at the moment doesn't mean you wont ever complete it. The bracelet is nice but its not required. I've seen people with way higher gear than you not have it. 

If you truly enjoy the game and want to progress as a player and don't have the patience or as you said "skills" for CoS then you can always work on something else.

My suggestions on what to work on would be:

Get your Kings Gloves

Get your Permafrost ring

Get your True Hongmoon Heart (not the True Virtuous Heart just the True Hongmoon Heart)

Get your full VT set soul shield

You could also upgrade your soul to True Cosmic but thats a lot of Oils and a Lot of gold, i suggest doing that only if you have the funds to do it, i wouldnt stress over it immediately 

Then after you feel that you've progressed as a player try again.

Also if you haven't get in a raid group for VT and stuff, there is a few things in VT that might help you evolve your skills past what they are now.

TL;DR - if you have fun doing something and cant overcome one thing in that something that doesn't mean that quitting is the answer. You will get it eventually but maybe you're just not ready for it in a different sense that doesn't include gear.

Edited by qbzz

Well it would be unjust to brand the entire game as awful because of only one thing, true. I had my fun before - in dungeons and raids. 

But the problem is not in CoS by itself. But it just sort of - made my eyes open on my own level of skill. If players with 950AP and corresponding gear can do it while I can't with mine - it says something (something rather very unpleasant). I was unable to make myself join any dungeon after this humiliation because I hate to be carried "dead weight". It now always makes me think if I'm basking in the efforts of those around me in any group activity. That's how it killed my fun in dungeons and group plays. I joined the clan before hoping to get more participation in group things but I was letting them down constantly in raids so .. perhaps this is the same reason like in CoS. 

Anyways - that above is all off-topic. I just hoped I answered this 

2 hours ago, qbzz said:

if you have fun doing something and cant overcome one thing in that something that doesn't mean that quitting is the answer.

- i.e. why other part of the game which were fun for me suddenly lost their appeal. It sort of .. wouldn't be hard for me to get the gear you've mentioned, but it will have nothing to do with "skill" - rather I will became that "whale" people so rightfully despise. That I don't want to do honestly. By the way - thanks for support, it clearly goes against the stereotypical "toxic community". 

I also had the same issue when i start the game, i was kfm at the time, struggled real hard with the constant mechanic the boss throw at me, specially when fighting against two bosses at the same time, it's hard to keep track when you're not used to it, plus there's also ping...

I remember when we first got mushin tower, that was hell, the struggle was real.  

You should try range class, better control and much more fun imo.