No point in grinding or playing

SmokingDemon

I played since last year around June of 2017. I literally had to run the dungeons hundreds of times to get my PvP gear. EL, HH, SSM and DD over a hundred times. Every new class they brought out was completely broken from the start. Gunner just pressing 1 button. Warden literally pressing 1 button and killing me with gear that I literally took weeks to earn, while these people took a few minutes to whale on trove. It's turning into a very nice game. All the grinding for nothing. Thanks for the 1st time MMO experience and your mass disrespect to the players that actually played countless hours in your garbage game. Illusion broken.

On 26/10/2018 at 7:41 AM, SmokingDemon said:

and killing me with gear that I literally took weeks to earn

I play this game more than whales and know more but that doesn't mean anything, being decent in pvp is no longer a thing but more of a dead meme, that's why I stopped ladder at some point.

1 hour ago, SmokingDemon said:

I played since last year around June of 2017. I literally had to run the dungeons hundreds of times to get my PvP gear. EL, HH, SSM and DD over a hundred times. Every new class they brought out was completely broken from the start. Gunner just pressing 1 button. Warden literally pressing 1 button and killing me with gear that I literally took weeks to earn, while these people took a few minutes to whale on trove. It's turning into a very nice game. All the grinding for nothing. Thanks for the 1st time MMO experience and your mass disrespect to the players that actually played countless hours in your garbage game. Illusion broken.

Every class is broken when it comes out because they are simple cash grabs so people level them, spend time and money on gear and they get nerfed later on.

11 hours ago, SmokingDemon said:

I haven't been playing long (since Feb.) but from what I gather here and on other games. Normally, when a new class is released it is pretty much always the strongest class til it gets adjusted through later updates to bring it more in line. Gunner was meant to be a damage dealer so, yea it is still pretty damn powerful keeping that in mind and could still be adjusted down which I'm sure it will be eventually much like Warden. As for the gear, that was a year ago and I'm sure you grinding that stuff for the gear...the gear was still new and fresh well at least not as older as it is now. Things are moving along in the game updates as we catch up to KR which had the game out for almost double the amount of time we have had so it really is only logical that our version may feel things are getting easier to gear up to a certain point but that is just streamlining it for newer players to "play catch up" so they can experience new content as well. As for Trove, I know the whole saying is "pay to play" which in some games I can see that but in Blade and Soul it is more like "pay to get ahead" or "pay so you don't have to grind it".

So you justify their cash grabs and broken handicap classes instead of them fixing actual class balance and performance issues. Back when I started I at least had an illusion of achievement when I earned the gear by actually playing the game. They are actually killing the game, dumbing down the new classes, dumbing down the dungeon mechanics. Game is now filled with handicap macro users and 1 button class players. It was just a few months ago where you needed at least 100 dungeon runs in order to earn the achievement to buy the damn pvp item. All the time wasted there, when I could've just waited 3 months later to get it for free. That is literally what PVE is, a grind. That's why I quit PVE because there is no sense of achievement. I'll just wait 2 years from now, come back and spend on trove and catch up so easily.

12 minutes ago, SmokingDemon said:

So you justify their cash grabs and broken handicap classes instead of them fixing actual class balance and performance issues. Back when I started I at least had an illusion of achievement when I earned the gear by actually playing the game. They are actually killing the game, dumbing down the new classes, dumbing down the dungeon mechanics. Game is now filled with handicap macro users and 1 button class players. It was just a few months ago where you needed at least 100 dungeon runs in order to earn the achievement to buy the damn pvp item. All the time wasted there, when I could've just waited 3 months later to get it for free. That is literally what PVE is, a grind. That's why I quit PVE because there is no sense of achievement. I'll just wait 2 years from now, come back and spend on trove and catch up so easily.

Nope just pointing out stuff. I'm all one for effort and achievements (hell sitting on 4,000 achievement points). Honestly though as for items go, would you rather have less competition fighting weaker players or have it on a more equal playing ground in terms of gear regardless of effort involved in obtaining such gear? PvP would get boring if the gear remained harder to get and less people had it, sure more fun for you and easier wins in say Battlegrounds but I think you see what I'm getting at.

Not everyone uses macros, and with simple mode I have to say I do use it for the most part because my hands hurt a lot most of the time and this helps. Every class is easy really just some more then others. You also have your flavor of the month classes or in this case months/years til they release a new class. I have a feeling that when Archer gets released Gunners will riot on forums as it makes their class next to useless depending on the direction NCSoft goes. Your trove comment... is kinda what trove is there for if you want to spend money on the game if not you can grind your ass off and obtain it by normal means. They need to make money too and at least nothing in the trove or hongmoon store is game breaking, you can obtain everything ingame barring some select choices like fabric, outfits, resets to name a few that was edited so this could be free to play with a cash option.

Same here, just pointing out stuff. I have those 4000 achievement points on all my alts, even more on my 2 mains. I have all classes at Raven stage weapons, except 2 at Aransu. I know all the class weaknesses. This is simply my perspective of the game. Any grinding in the game will become irrelevant eventually anyways, within 2 or 3 months, therefore there is no point in the grind whether PVE or PVP. I guess you and them can focus improving whaling methods and how to be handicap 1 button class players. Whatever floats  your boat. 

1 hour ago, SmokingDemon said:

Actually they are dumbing the dungeons down because people have lost the ability to use more than 1 brain cell to stun, kd or even use SB/SF (yes thats a thing, had a hm12 warden who didnt SB even once during the entire run). Classes arent being dumbed down. the fact you did 100 runs to get the gear...well good for you, you wanted it so bad to do the runs then i congratulate you on your feeling of achievement, but the 100 runs  were stupid to begin with, them changing it to 10 actually helped a lot of newer players out.

Dont blame improvements they made to the game for your own desire to have something instead of waiting.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Actually they are dumbing the dungeons down because people have lost the ability to use more than 1 brain cell to stun, kd or even use SB/SF (yes thats a thing, had a hm12 warden who didnt SB even once during the entire run). Classes arent being dumbed down. the fact you did 100 runs to get the gear...well good for you, you wanted it so bad to do the runs then i congratulate you on your feeling of achievement, but the 100 runs  were stupid to begin with, them changing it to 10 actually helped a lot of newer players out.

Dont blame improvements they made to the game for your own desire to have something instead of waiting.

You really think I wanted to do those runs? It was the only method at the time in order to get the PvP gear for 6v6, rng sucks like always and never dropping anything, ultimately all for moonstones to upgrade. What do you think I experienced through out all those runs in f8? I was the one carrying and recruiting randoms every single run as BD tank. So when I ended up grinding for those items, which was how you used to get them, they basically shat on all that grinding I had just done. I just clearly said , there is no sense of achievement when they ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ on your grinding. Thank you anyways. Achievement incentives would be somewhat of a solution to this. For the classes, they are bringing out 1 button press handicap classes, Gunner and Warden, how are those not dumbed down classes? Might as well call it improvements for bot farming simulation with no challenge. Waiting until they are done changing stuff is the best option. Exactly why the post is called no point in grinding anymore. I don't mean to ruin any fun or gameplay for anyone, since every individuals experience will be different with all the new changes that will keep coming. The story was the main thing I liked.

wait a bit longer and you won´t have to do anything, because the game won´t be there anymore.
and what we write doesn´t matter here, the ones they listen to are in kr, because that´s the only language the devs can probably speak.

3 hours ago, Ren36 said:

wait a bit longer and you won´t have to do anything, because the game won´t be there anymore.
and what we write doesn´t matter here, the ones they listen to are in kr, because that´s the only language the devs can probably speak.

+1

5 hours ago, Ren36 said:

I really like the combat in this game but its built on many systems I despise regarding aggressive monetization so I will likely bail...I started playing recently paid Premium for a month and will likely leave before the   month is up...

As others have said, the "NEW CLASS, GET IT NOW!! MAX DAMAGE!!" scheme is a tale as old as time.

Most if not all MMO's do that. It's easy money if they do the class right and promote it well enough to catch a decent amount of new players.

Whales being better though, yeah that sucks.

and that's a huge reason most people don't touch things like ladders or 6v6. There's no point. You'll spend 6 months to get the current absolute top gear and the day before you hit max, they'll release 3 new items that take another 3 months to max that whales will max in 2 minutes and just like that you're behind them and they're beating you again. You'll never win.

This is why it's pointless to ever try "catching up". You will not catch up. You will always lose. All of that time farming is better spent with your pets, friends, and family-specifically because it's just that pointless.

It would be different if something new and crazy expensive wasnt constantly rolled out-it would be different if when you hit max you actually stayed max for a couple months but BnS NA/EU is always being given things way too early. There's never any downtime for F2Players. We get a new raid what, once every 6 or 7 months? When KR got new raids once every year or so.

Our version of BnS is breakneck speed rapidfire. It's nownownow. There's no pacing. Everything just gets shoved in, then decapitated 3 weeks later to shove something else in. It's stressful, like mounting bills to pay.

So anyway yeah, it's lame but it is what it is.

9 hours ago, Showta said:

As others have said, the "NEW CLASS, GET IT NOW!! MAX DAMAGE!!" scheme is a tale as old as time.

Most if not all MMO's do that. It's easy money if they do the class right and promote it well enough to catch a decent amount of new players.

Whales being better though, yeah that sucks.

and that's a huge reason most people don't touch things like ladders or 6v6. There's no point. You'll spend 6 months to get the current absolute top gear and the day before you hit max, they'll release 3 new items that take another 3 months to max that whales will max in 2 minutes and just like that you're behind them and they're beating you again. You'll never win.

This is why it's pointless to ever try "catching up". You will not catch up. You will always lose. All of that time farming is better spent with your pets, friends, and family-specifically because it's just that pointless.

It would be different if something new and crazy expensive wasnt constantly rolled out-it would be different if when you hit max you actually stayed max for a couple months but BnS NA/EU is always being given things way too early. There's never any downtime for F2Players. We get a new raid what, once every 6 or 7 months? When KR got new raids once every year or so.

Our version of BnS is breakneck speed rapidfire. It's nownownow. There's no pacing. Everything just gets shoved in, then decapitated 3 weeks later to shove something else in. It's stressful, like mounting bills to pay.

So anyway yeah, it's lame but it is what it is

+100 ^^

Archived