Forums

Blue Quests removed from Moonwater, Cinderlands and Viridian

Stacey Banks

17 hours ago, Dyne Hyden said:

You removed them, so I am guessing you just want me to get to the end? Is this one of those games that are really bad till "end game?"

The leveling and questing is (or used to be) fun. Now you just blast through the yellow quests and get to max level in 2 days or something.

BnS end game is actually not that awesome, if you really look at it: Grind for materials, or purchase them with cash, upgrade your weapon and accessories, do the same handful of dungeons every day to get some gold, maybe do some arena or bg if you're into PVP.

I'd highly recommend you take your time with leveling up and enjoy everything that's left on the way, or maybe quit right here and look for something else.

• Like 3

What's the point of putting mobs in the open world now if they are useless since there are no quests anymore ? (no reasons to kill them)

What's so confusing about random blue triangles ? If anything, ANY first character should go through them to learn their char much better, instead of pushing them up to dungeons they have no idea what to do in and make everyone waste their time and 'wipe'.

It's not hard either to make the choice of not doing them after you get your second character, if you want to make any..

Ugh.

• Like 4

Indeed, end game is not that interesting (I am talking from a pver point of view). Once a week, you pug BT and the short raids. If you have alts, rinse and repeat. Once a week, you do your VT and TT if you have a static group. If your alts are geared enough and have static groups, rinse and repeat. Every day you can do your 6 dungeons or so (the rest is made worthless, rewards-wise). If you have a group of friends around your level that play at the same time, or if you are made of rubber and don't mind a daily dose of drama, you can do them hard mode. If you are carefree, you do them normal mode. If you have alts and have any will to play left, rinse and repeat. Each 3-4 months, a couple more dungeons will be added and will replace some older ones, with some new accesories to bait you for a tiny bit higher stats.

BnS beautiful wide world ceases to exist as soon as you are out of the storyline. And since they removed the blue side quests, you don't ever see half of that world and there is literally nothing to do around that adds to the story, or to the feeling that you are in BnS world, or simply to entertain yourself.

End game is like pacing around in a very small cage. 

Conclusion: Give us back the blue quests. Give us back something to do in BnS big (and now dead) world. 

Edited by Rea Shinwa
  • Like 2

I would love for some of the blue quest to come. but i really liked the daily  quests even in the lower lvl areas to get the naryu coin to save for getting the keys off the dragon express to be able to get the class weapon. I really think that taking much of the story line away wasn't really a good idea for some of the blue quest did add a little depth to the entire of the game and it help you understand why you are fighting to save the world. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I'd like these back too. It gave more of a feeling of a world, and not just 'blast through story until you ... get to the end and grind?'

At least when SWTOR did this to their quests, they just hid them behind a checkbox 'Show exploration quests'. That way the people who want to just tour through the story and then run dungeons could do that, but the people who wanted to take their time and poke around could play their way too.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the  side quests. As has been mentioned so many times, it fleshed out the world and gave it its soul. Though most of them had little or nothing to do with the main story but kept the game interesting and helped fill in the "gaps". How many of us or you would watch a tv series if all it had was the main story and none of the extra episodes that make the show interesting? I can just imagine how short the seasons would be. Both just don't make sense. Return the side quests which in turn returns the soul of the game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As someone who plays games for the story (and let's admit it, Cash Shop Simulator, as Blade and Soul has quickly become, has nothing BUT story and a little bit of character design), I am extremely disappointed by this choice. Honestly, this is one of the better games I've found myself taking a poke at, not to mention spent a little bit of money on (costumes and a few other small items), however with the increasing problem of content removal, massive money-grubbing schemes, and moronic launcher that basically makes people quit before they can even play the game (want more players? Fix your damn launcher and you'd have more players. With the state the launcher is in, who the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ would want to see what sort of massive mess of crap is on the other side of the constant errors and download failures), but most of the problem I could deal with.

Now that your company has removed side quests, what is the worth in playing the game? Main story: High reward, but still completely worthless. Endgame: Pull out your wallet. PVP: So unbalanced that it's pointless. Dungeons: So easy that I've soloed all except the raid dungeons. I just reached stage 2 of the download, hopped on and made a new char to screw around with for a little while. Now that I've seen this crap however, the only decision left for me to make is to stop the download and uninstall. This game is no longer worth the time of day, and if I want to shell out cash to play a game enjoyably, I'd rather go play WoW or EVE Online that actually give good content for the money you pay out.

Edited by sgtveritas23
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 2:02 AM, Eliavah said:

Yeah and it also seems that the daily to get the Obsidian Serpent set is no longer available :/ So that outfit cannot be obtained *i think* Not too sure, but we havent found it where it usually is, and I think it was one of the of blue quests that were removed.

is this the Yehara's Mirage quest? i just noticed i didnt have the outfit form that and Yehara isnt there! who's dumb idea was this? oh wait. NC Soft jsut want to scam people out of money, they dont want to provide content to play, you have to buy everything....

it is one thing to remove quests that have no purpose, but removing those that have something and you want people to spend moeny on instead of time, that is a scam. Likewise Pinchy doesnt appear.. why? because it has an outfit they want you to buy now instead of earn.

I used to have the Stinger outfit, but sold it since i never wore it, but now with free wardrobe for everyone thought i would finally try to get those outfits while waiting the 3rd anniversary.

Anniversary gift for 3 years of playing this game is to scam people and remove quests because they only want more moeny.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are things being reconsidered on this? I know CM's can't answer every topic but this is a major part of the game, a lot of story is gone and the yellow actually cannot hold itself up without the blue quests, it is like a book losing a third of it's chapters making it shorter and and a lot less engaging. Some of these blue quests did directly go with the yellow quests while others were sub story but still made the story a whole. Thanks!

• Like 2

I just started a new char last night, running through the first chapter is just so sad now, seeing all these places and baddies that used to have a backstory... OK, actual new players won't know what they're missing but still I can't imagine this barren wasteland being as attractive to them as the lively world I fell in love with back in 2016.

Meh. Still feels like a bad decision, I fail to see what any player wins with this butchered experience.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I make an alt to accompany my friend that are new in this game to leveling. About to show them some interesting funny side quests that I was doing back then but it took me times to realized that most of side quests gone.

I remember that sidequest when NPC named Gacha pranked us in yehara mirages. Or the sidequest were a little boy asks us to help him confesses his love to a girl in Hogshead Hamlet. etc etc

all that sidequests gone :( 

• Like 3

Can't we do anything in order to make these quests come back? I think they contribute in a very important way to the story and the background. Also, it's one of the main reasons why I would come back to the game after one year of interruption 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I would like them back as well as I like doing them along with the main quest/story. We need to put on more pressure to ncsoft or devs to restore them if we want them back to hopefully get a response.

Edited by DarkShame2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On the topic of pressuring them more, is there a way to contact ncsoft such as by email or a suggestion ticket?

DaskShame2

I would like them back as well as I like doing them along with the main quest/story. We need to put on more pressure to ncsoft or devs to restore them if we want them back to hopefully get a response.

Edited March 4 by DarkShame2

Edited by Noah707

11 minutes ago, Noah707 said:

On the topic of pressuring them more, is there a way to contact ncsoft such as by email or a suggestion ticket?

Useless.

They will say consider writing in the forum (which you had done).
If the thread is 'hot' enough, they will look at it and respond.

Otherwise, it will just be gone to the wind.

I loved the blue quests as they made Blade and Soul unique. I have played many MMO's and I have played many games that are focused on cash. The blue quests helped bring in a player base and wasn't that confusing for a lot of people as my boyfriend started joining me and he knew exactly which were the main story quests were because they were yellow. He did the blue quests out of curiosity and they were fun. It created a unique look to the MMO genre and made Blade and Soul stand out. If they were looking for more money options then doing something like adding special items that help with leveling early on or giving more exp with the blue quests to increase the level up speed. That would get people to lvl 55 faster, let people who like to just push to the end as fast as possible what they want, and the people who enjoy the story what they want. Everyone could get what they wanted.

• Like 1

Blade and soul? 

More like blade and trove or even better

Cash&trove that's how this game should be called.

I rather play swtor. It might be P2W too but at least it has story quests and I can have different experience on 4 characters while playing.

With 4 (really NC soft? ) mobile blade and soul games coming out,PC version will be left to die. UE4? It's like politician who never lies and keep their promises. It will never happen. They have more chances of them killing game before UE4 arrives. 

Tabula Rasa

City of Heroes

Master x master

Wildstar

Next in line blade and soul?

• 3 weeks later...

I just came back and  started playing small  character. I though something was fishy and found out about this... I must say the game is ruined for me now. There is no anticipation about Jinsoyun at the beginning and all of the areas without blue quests feel empty and it is not even well implemented in a sense that named npcs and lines are left lying around like sore thumbs.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I came back a while ago and I'm having such a hard time to enjoy a new character, worst when you reach Silverfrost some NPCs are like "I remember you" but they previous quests were removed =\ It's such an immersion break.

• 5 months later...

As a new player who actually wanted to experience this world I absolutely hate this change. I hope the side quests are brought back because playing the game as it is right now is no fun. I really regret now not playing through before this. I can't bring myself to play this shortened version so until the side quests are returned I'll play other games. 

• Like 1

This game is so death lol...

I remember the first months of this game in eu server... 

Now they dont give s single ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ about the game. 

I remember wildstar and how they abondoned it haha.

Edited by Rastei

• 2 months later...