Blue Quests removed from Moonwater, Cinderlands and Viridian

Stacey Banks

At this rate, all the zones should be deleted in the game leaving only the lobby and F10.

What they could do with F10 is make it similar to a shopping mall. That way before buying skins, rng boxes, etc. you can have a live preview of the said item(s).

Who knows, people might be enticed to spend more money. It's a win-win situation.

Edited by marshmallow
Grammar, addition.
  • Like 1

I generally enjoy that they removed most blue quests, but it's true as well that game world feels way more bare now that it felt when i had to do this blue quests way in the back. I might not want to get all blue quests back , BUT SHADOWSTRIKE NEEDS TO BE BACK.  It's drops one of best costumes i always used till i could farm Ghost in the Shell. So yeah maybe not all quests back but this one is must have.

Edited by Veral

Seriously, WHAT have you done, NCSoft? I come back to the game after a rl vacation and I find that all the NPCs in more than half of Blade and Soul world have lost their speech. Their lips move, and that's it. And all the side quests are gone.  I thought my game was broken at first. Then I found out about your latest brilliant idea. Do you know what I did in this game when I was done with the (current) 4-8 big dungeons (IF I feel like running them?). I moved around the world doing useless quests and useless things, because I used to love the world and the tales that filled it. What on earth have you done to B&S? It's like an empty shell. Please revert this change.

Home from my trip!!! Time to be annoying-are we ever going to get answers about this?

What's on NC's mind, what kind of compromise can be made here?

Nothing???? Is it nothing?? Because that would truly be a shame.

Like said, there are many ways around outright removing every single blue quest. You just have to rub more than 2 braince-ok that's a little, what I meant to say is you just have to believe in yourselves and in the unrelenting faith of your beautiful graceful certainly not obnoxious paying costumers who by the way pay and love you all at NC very very much.

Love is truly the answer to everything. Please restore blue quests.

• Like 3

Genius move guys. Now everything in the world has no purpose of being there. I was looking to come back after taking a break but I just don't want to play through a lifeless world. How do you think this will not put off new players? Oh by the way is this true?

On 10/20/2018 at 2:21 AM, squirrely thoughts said:

I'm going to throw out my tin foil hat theory and say they got feedback about quest tracking causing stutters in the overworld and so they removed the quests instead of fixing the stuttering.

If it is that's just lazy. And you want people to give you their money? May as well do what another poster said and name it Blade and Souless.

Edited by A1gundam
  • Like 1

I would just like to add my voice to this topic.  Please bring back the blue quests.  I know I rarely did them but I really did enjoy them when I did, in some cases even more than the main story quests.  Some of them created interesting side stories to the main quest line which I have enjoyed less and less as it progresses.

• Like 2

Want to add that "new players" excuse is so silly!

1. These players should be completely new to MMORPG to not understand concept of main quests and side quests
  2. How they are going to progress if they can not find out about such simple thing? B&S requires player to look for information for every new piece of content: want to choose build - google/ask, want to know optimal rotation - google/ask, want to choose bracelet - google/ask, want to know boss mechanics - google/ask. Let's remove all that? Removing things is not the only method of simplifying. You can add some sort of in-game wiki/reference, for example.
  3. In f-chat people ask 1.1k AP for raids like Skybreak Spire. And you know what? There is almost no way for new player to get that AP without help of a clan. Char with soul from last event, elementary acc from DT/NS, Oath Necklace + belt, divine bracelet and bale 12 have like 1060 AP. That is what turning people away and what you need to simplify. And how new player would know what gear to get first and from where? Right, they need to google it or ask in chat. So what's the point of removing quests?

3 hours ago, Gennady said:

Want to add that "new players" excuse is so silly!

1. These players should be completely new to MMORPG to not understand concept of main quests and side quests
  2. How they are going to progress if they can not find out about such simple thing? B&S requires player to look for information for every new piece of content: want to choose build - google/ask, want to know optimal rotation - google/ask, want to choose bracelet - google/ask, want to know boss mechanics - google/ask. Let's remove all that? Removing things is not the only method of simplifying. You can add some sort of in-game wiki/reference, for example.
  3. In f-chat people ask 1.1k AP for raids like Skybreak Spire. And you know what? There is almost no way for new player to get that AP without help of a clan. Char with soul from last event, elementary acc from DT/NS, Oath Necklace + belt, divine bracelet and bale 12 have like 1060 AP. That is what turning people away and what you need to simplify. And how new player would know what gear to get first and from where? Right, they need to google it or ask in chat. So what's the point of removing quests?

My guess is: Less game data, less storage space, cheaper to host the game. BnS is a sad shadow of its former self now. And nobody in NCWest seems to care to answer this thread, in spite of the many posts. which is... just brilliant

Edited by KazeHeron
  • Like 2

On 10/17/2018 at 7:20 PM, Stacey Banks said:

I don't see any good reasons for removing all the blue quests from the first zones and I'd ask that you please reconsider your desicion.

I want them back as well. Sometimes I feel like playing BnS, but not dungeon stuff.

• Like 1

I created a new char a few days ago and learned that the blue quests had been removed. Leveling up with the yellow storyline only is so sad, I almost wished, I were starting with a level 50 character. When I first started playing B&S, I enjoyed the sidequests a lot. But now, the maps feel dead without the quests. If I was a new player, I would have stopped playing B&S after a few days. This only shoos new players away. Almost nobody wants to play in a dead world.

I'm aware, there is a problem for new players: There were a lot of multiplayer instances, that couldn't be done solo and it must be hard to find companions nowadays. But even for this problem other MMOGs found an easy solution. They added the option to do these instances solo by making the mobs inside weaker. To remove almost all of the optional quests surely is the worst solution to this problem.

I hope the blue quests will come back.

• Like 2

I stopped playing the day after they removed the blue quests.  The quests gave me the chance to learn how to play my chars.  It is no fun for me to be power-leveled by Devs to level 50.  I stop in now and then to see if it has changed.

• Like 1

I understand why people would be upset about this but after leveling multiple characters to max level before this happened, I couldn't be happier. The way the XP rate is right now Is perfect in my eyes and the game progresses much faster so you can get into the MEAT of the game. I wish they'd keep the XP rate and yellow quest rate in and add the blue quest back but remove XP from most of them, just so it can appease the people that want to do the same quests over and over again. 

Edited by Virgo21
  • Like 1

I think blue quests added some flavor to the leveling experience, especially for newcomers, not to mention that some were entertaining and fun. 

Taking away options is, in my opinion, a bad thing and leads to a lesser experience.

A cool, and more elegant, way to get these quests handled would be the way they did in swtor. In that game they hid this quests, called "exploration quests", under a tick box, in the map screen, so you could access, or avoid, them at will.

I  still love the gameplay  but seems that, every new update, is taking away things that made the game unique and fun.

• Like 2

In my opinion taking out the blue quests is taking away from the newer players. It doesnt affect me cause after about my fifth character i started skipping all blue ones. This isnt about the veterans and they need to realize there are more than just veteran players in the game. Sure it doesnt pay a whole lot and maybe adds time to getting through the entire story line but like many have said here, getting rid of the blue quests is like taking away from the story. Basically the blue quests are the deleted scenes from a movie XD people should be given the option if they want to skip them or not. 

• Like 1

I'll be honest what should have been done is rather than remove the blue quests, rewards should have been added to them that people could use later on like upgrade materials or a few extra Dragon Trade Pouches to open up the inventory a bit more. Would have made them more worthwhile. It's nice of the Main Questline to to be so efficient but it's was hardly worth deleting so many side quests they do add to the story of the game and these things are never a good thing. Look at the mess that Aion is right now after they decided it was a good idea to start burning large sections of the game out of existence after 4.5.

• Like 1

I just started playing. Got to the well part at the beginning and have no clue why that is even there. After the one quest, I had to leave then head to a graveyard and do... one quest... what is the point. I am quitting now, however, if they change this is there some way for us to know? or should I just check this once a week and hope they learn that new players should have the choice to see these quest or not. You removed them, so I am guessing you just want me to get to the end? Is this one of those games that are really bad till "end game?"

• Like 1

Great. I just started playing yesterday and absolutely loved it. So I payed for a 90 day premium membership because i thought "i love this so much and want to invest in it so that i can get the most out of it"...and then i learn this crap? They removed the side quests? I knew the world felt too empty and devoid of life...

I am a new player. and i am completely turned off. but i just spent 60$ for the membership...and now i wish i didn't. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ these people are stupid. They just **** up everything. shoot the golden phoenix or whatever...

can i have my money back please. lol

1 hour ago, satur9dreamer said:

Great. I just started playing yesterday and absolutely loved it. So I payed for a 90 day premium membership because i thought "i love this so much and want to invest in it so that i can get the most out of it"...and then i learn this crap? They removed the side quests? I knew the world felt too empty and devoid of life...

I am a new player. and i am completely turned off. but i just spent 60$ for the membership...and now i wish i didn't. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ these people are stupid. They just **** up everything. shoot the golden phoenix or whatever...

can i have my money back please. lol

That sucks

Write a ticket to billing support and ask for your money back, maybe you're lucky and they refund your purchase.

You can also file a dispute with Paypal or your bank or whatever and have them return your money, but this will permanently terminate your NC account for fraud.