Blue Quests removed from Moonwater, Cinderlands and Viridian

Stacey Banks

1 hour ago, Elisa666 said:

Why were they removed? Are they going to be returned? 

Why... your guess is as good as mine, but no, it's not any bug, it was intentional (they stated the removal in the patchnotes). As for them being returned... that's what we would love and the reason we are posting here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Showta said:

If I just took half the stuff off the shelves in the store and told customers I was streamlining their shopping experience so they had nothing to choose from but milk and eggs, I'd be thrown into on-coming traffic by both the customers and my manager together. LOL

Story is what makes an MMO an MMO.

Please stop taking away every single reason to P L A Y the G A M E

Exactly.

• Like 3

I never bothered much with the blue quests, but removing them is a profoundly stupid thing to do. They may just as well start everyone at lvl 55 and play a backstory cinematic to show "what has come before." That would be preferable to being plunged into a world devoid of life.

• Like 2

It's totally STUPID imo to have removed the Blue quests from the game, my GF and I loved the side story of them and it Greatly added to the main story line. They were fun to do, gave you a laugh or a cry and helped you to enjoy this game to it's FULLEST. I have no idea why NCsoft would have done this but as one person said to rush new players to lvl55 so they can get out their wallets faster.

Removing the side Blue quests for me if I was a new player would make me quit the game because it's now less fun to play. Even if I am starting as I new player today I would quit from just doing the main story quests, the BLUE quests added greatly to the enjoyment of the game. It's such a BAD decision IMO to have removed them and NCsoft needs to bring them back as soon as possible ( Like in the Nest Patch ).

Edited by Drakor
  • Like 4

In case it wasn't mentioned here yet, here is the response by NC's Cyan in a reddit post in the matter:
wLkz7fd.png

In my humble opinion, this is no justification for such a drastic move.
There are reasonable ways to inform new players.
I think the path was clear enough and, frankly, players who lost their patience at that point would probably not have lasted long in this game anyway.

The world of BnS is huge and beautiful, these quests are the only time players visit most of it before slamming into endgame where they will be doing the exact same few things day after day after day... so what's the rush?
Generally speaking, the "scorched content" policy is hurting the game a lot in my opinion. So much content being "phased out" or outright deleted. It's sad.
No content is "old" for a new player right?

More than everything that^ is just a poor testament to NC's decision making process. Seems like a lazy overkill "solution" and lack of foresight and creativity. That, on the bigger picture, exemplifies NC's detachment from the game and the players.

Should be noted that while I quoted a specific person in NCWest, the decision was most likely made by our Korean overlords. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Trilioh said:

In case it wasn't mentioned here yet, here is the response by NC's Cyan in a reddit post in the matter:
wLkz7fd.png

I think the path was clear enough and, frankly, players who lost their patience at that point would probably not have lasted long in this game anyway.

The world of BnS is huge and beautiful, these quests are the only time players visit most of it before slamming into endgame where they will be doing the exact same few things day after day after day... so what's the rush?
Generally speaking, the "scorched content" policy is hurting the game a lot in my opinion. So much content being "phased out" or outright deleted. It's sad.

More than everything that^ is just a poor testament to NC's decision making process. Seems like a lazy overkill "solution" and lack of foresight and creativity. That, on the bigger picture, exemplifies NC's detachment from the game and the players.

Should be noted that while I quoted a specific person in NCWest, the decision was most likely made by our Korean overlords. 

They speak money, we speak imagination. We wont ever understand each other. Never. Ever.

I know they don't care (their loss), but their reasoning is FLUFF to me and to many others. They can keep on trying to keep some players until they move onto the next "product to sell", good luck. 

1 hour ago, Trilioh said:

wLkz7fd.png

LOL. So they are doing exactly like the players that run like madmen to hit immediately the dungeon boss, burn half of the party with the ensuing wall of fire, leave them all dead there,  run to the next boss. Rinse and repeat.

Pathetic. 

On 10/18/2018 at 7:24 AM, Rea Shinwa said:

...Some events are bad, like this one (because many people cannot get credit and loot from the event bosses). Ok, I can skip bad events.

How? I've farmed the new event for 2 days and as long as I hit the boss one time, I've gotten loot every single time, so your comment here is misleading. The bosses aren't contribution locked, and if you have high latency, that's your problem (the only way you MIGHT not get credit).

Edited by Noalaa

One of the important blue quests I do "Encroaching Shadows" daily mission is gone and I can't get into the dungeon that follows now I can't farm the outfit at the moment.   :( 

Why did those bonehead just blindly delete everything without thinking it through?? ugh

Edited by youzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
missing text
  • Like 4

When I 1st played B&S back in Beta testing the one thing  that I really loved about the game was the Side Quest were tied into the story and added greatly to the enjoyment of leveling your char. Iv played so many MMOs where the side quest had little to nothing to do with the main story, all they were was something to give Exp, gold, and put in so you didn't hit max lvl in just a few hours of play.

It was so refreshing when I found B&S where the side quest was for just exp or gold but added to the story and the enjoyment of lvling. IMO is was totally STUPID to remove the blue quests from the game and has ruined the overall story quality and it's enjoyment. For the few who wanted to rush to max lvl it was easy to see that they could be skipped but for those who wanted to be sucked into the story and enjoy lvling the blue quests added something to the game. Also as stated by a few other players if I was a new player to the game I would wonder why there are so many areas with NPCs and no quests and wonder what is up with that and wonder what is missing from the game.

Edited by Drakor
  • Like 4

The blue side quests gave a soul to the world and its story. They should rename their game Blade and Soulless now. It has become a sad, lifeless husk, populated by npc zombies. Please, bring the world back to life...

• Like 5

I originally played around the launch, but got tired endless grind. Loved the style and world of the game though so I decide to return few months ago with my girlfriend. We enjoyed our trip to end of story doing all the blue quests in Viridian, Cinderlands and Moonwater. At Skypetal Plains blue quests turned into something couldn't be done with just two person. Neither of us enjoy really do dungeons with random people, which is mostly only way since WAY too high AP requirements for single thing. I'm deeply disappointed that they remove the blue quests since they were our joy and enjoyment. We started a new characters today and it the world felt empty and bland.

• Like 5

The more I think about it, the more I dislike this decision. Srsly wtf? Why delete half the game? People that just want to lvl fast already skipped everything blue anyway... I fail to see the need to take away the fun of people that enjoy exploring the world of BnS...

• Like 2

The decision to delete the blue quests just does not make any sense to me. People who are in for the quick rush are catered to and will still leave the game soon because they get bored. And people who are invested into the game and its story, those that stay and also purchase stuff are left behind and not cared for. How does a decision like that benefit anyone. NCSOFT will gain less money and the a part of the customers who care about the game will leave. This ain't how a F2P business model works.

• Like 3

Deleting side stories made the game completely empty and locations pointless. That's bad. Choice "to do or not to do" was the best part in blue quests and deleting the choice is never a good thing.

New players will now see only empty and boring locations without any reasons to exist, so come on, let's delete them all! Let's also delete purple Hajoon's quests, you have new tutorials later anyway so why bother? 

I can't understand people who says "That's a good decision!". No. It's not. It will never be. That's the worst decision you can make if your game have a problem with something. "Oh, we have gunner's F2 problems, let's delete gunner!" no gunner - no problems, same logic.

I really hope they will reconsider this decision and just let people decide by themselves what do they want to do in the game. Please.

Edited by najka
  • Like 2

Im sorry but who did you listen to making this decision?! If this change was brought to devs from player base fedback then shame on the players sadly. It was always simple, if you dont want to do blue quest dont do them!! . No one was forcing anyone to complete them. Oh Oh! I have a great idea. Lets remove all the maps, all the quests, lets put story in one big textbox for people to read trough. Put all the raids in F8 and leave only F8,F5, and of course beloved by our comunity managers F10! .  This is a great idea for the devs and I think 120% ! of players would like that. Btw I found one blue quest ( not daily) that wasnt removed by genius behind this decison in moonwater plains.

Puting everything aside this change has to be the most stupid! and idiotic! change I have ever seen in BnS so far.

Why remove something thats optional to begin with and gives little to nothing apart from RPG element to the game.

B&F10,F8   that should be the true name of this game from now one.  

Here, bring that back to the Devs  :glare:

• Like 2

On 10/19/2018 at 3:44 AM, Trilioh said:

wLkz7fd.png

@Cyan Can I talk to you for a second

I'm sure you need no reminder, but keep in mind that I'm a complete nobody who knows next to nothing about running video games. However, I've played them for way too long and so I know exactly how long term players think. And this is important useful information because, as gently and loving as I can put it, none of you seem to have any understanding of what long term players think or feel (which is very bad, because long term players are the ones that pay the most).

Ok. Bad idea. That's a bad idea.

Need any proof? Alright, go play Tera. Ok now come back. How was itIT WAS AWFUL yeah, I know. Ok, so what do we do now.

We gotta not end up like that. We gotta do everything we can....to not end up like that. This idea right here??? This is exactly like that. This is a big dangerous step in Teras direction. They're struggling to even have more than 2-3k players on at a time even during primetime hours during the weekend. Ok, they're reaching Wildstar numbers. EDD will only be able to help you with so much-I need you to listen to me.

So how do we fix it, what do we do?
SOLUTION:  Put the quests back. Write up a newbie guide.
I know I KNOW just-hear me out. You have a team. You have a million nerds at your beck and call via here or reddit. You have BnS academy, you have Bns buddy, you have Skelly, you have Jaesung, you have unfortunately have me-you have a plethora of people who would be willing to help you. I've already written a guide, it's easy. Of course it's not for here but if you needed one I'd be happy to volunteer someone else.

REMEMBER!! You guys are running this game. You're actually supposed to put up information about the game.

So you have that drop down bar with Races, Classes, Media, Factions. You can slap a "Beginners Guide" right there!!! Slap it on the front page, slap it next to the download button, anywhere! Worlds your oyster.

Just do not. Do not for any reason remove those additional story quests.
Or maybe, just put a tooltip that says "Blue quest arent needed! To progress faster, just do yellow quests only!"

There are ways to get what you want done, to achieve that same goal without removing half of the games story.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Showta said:

Or maybe, just put a tooltip that says "Blue quest arent needed! To progress faster, just do yellow quests only!"

The very first Blue Quest in Bamboo Village actually tells you that they are optional fluff and every other loading screen tells you that Yellow Quests give the most XP. Should be enough for any new player, right?

• Like 4

Please add them back.

I just returned to this game, and I cant find any blue quests in Act 3. The story skipped several farmer section on to the main town.

While I agree the quests weren't that interesting and unrewarding (practically all fetch quests), I still feel the game is a lot better with them. They gave the NPCs and environment a purpose, which I feel is important for the story.

Without the blue side quests, all the NPCs there just repeat the same line of text. Which is a shame, considering all the efforts and detail that went into them.

I don't believe new players are having trouble distinguishing the optional blue quest. I've used to see a lot of new players complete an Act within a day.

Whereas I like to take my time doing all the side quest, it usually takes me a week to go through an Act.

• Like 2

As a gamer, I do agree with this move but, as a fan of this game, I feel a bit of loss because the earlier contents are a lot more captivating than the content from after Jinsoyun Arc. Sorry, but the later content is crap especially in act 9.

To get a win-win situation; make this content as grey out quest which doesn't reward anything from completing those quest except for story telling purposes only. This grey quest can be opted from not showing on screen in settings menu. That way, most people that are doing alts and want fast leveling can have uninterrupted journey while people seek for an in-depth story line can do this side-quest.

Edited by Arzack

This is so sad.. I loved some of those blue quests. Remembering Womeo and Jeweliet? (romeo and juliet). Some of the ghost stories that were told were also nice.

I think they should've buffed the rewards massively rather than remove the quests. Or do as someone else suggested which was have a daily board in each town where a random blue quest can appear attached to the story. Only problem i ever found with blue quests was a few needed much better dialogue written in. I used to enjoy the blue quests in silverfrost and moonwater plains daily because i liked the areas. They were beautiful in thier design. The only reasons i stopped doing them btw was because the rewards kept getting decreased til the point it was pointless.

Im playing Assasins creed oddysey right now and one of the best parts of that game is the side quests. Its an integral part to world building and character development.

I hope they're returned with improved rewards. They need to give an incentive for players to visit those old areas of the world map that have some beautiful setting.

Yeah, this wasn't a smart move, maybe leave some way for these quests to still be completed, for instance, an extra portal in Yehara's Mirage which takes you to the version where this dungeon is, it wouldn't be too hard to do, just need an extra NPC like you do for shattered mast & Gloomdross incursion during the story line.

Not sure how many other dungeons with costumes have been removed from the game like this. Or even simpler..... put the quests back like they were, how about making them adjust to the level/size of the group automatically, that would make the rest of the content you worked so hard on no longer obsolete.

City of Heroes(oh i missed you!!) would adjust the dungeon to the size of the group, there was even a difficulty slider to make it harder if you wanted. I remember doing a Freakshow mission with 2 scrappers(both Super Reflexes) on max difficulty, the enemy were all +4 tank smashers and swipers, we died loads!!! :) 

good times!

• Like 1