Blue Quests removed from Moonwater, Cinderlands and Viridian

Stacey Banks

Dear NC

I was in the middle of doing the Lycandi Hills quests and now they all got removed. I like doing all the quests and little things games have to offer.

I don't see any good reasons for removing all the blue quests from the first zones and I'd ask that you please reconsider your desicion.

Thank you

• Like 25

I am also quite intrigued as to why were they removed, I enjoyed doing them, I realize they weren't necessary, but I still did them all with each character since I enjoy playing the game. I just don't see a reason for their removal, who were they hurting? What is the benefit of their removal? It just makes no sense.

• Like 7

They want new players to focus on story quests to quickly goes to end-game content, instead of wasting time on blue quests.

However, they do not count that these blue quests are what flesh out the game's story. There are many characters that you meet them during side quests, then they appear in story quests. For example, remember the baby you saved during Blackram raid on Bamboo Village? There was a hint that the attack was gonna happening, if you did a side quest during your journey. Or, you will know about Yunsang way in Viridian Coast, or learn that Namsooyo is a material girl from side quests.

So yeah, instead of just give new players free lv50 vouchers, they decide to urge them leveling quickly, skipping what make the game's story interesting.

• Like 11

I think it was a good move, tbh.

They dont give any relevant ammount of gold, I always advise ppl in the faction chat of only worry about blue quests when they reach Silverfrost, simply because it starts paying in silvers and u can get a nice ammount of extra money.

I was about to make a thread about this then I saw someone did and I am glad I am not the only one. Those quests *are* essential for anyone wanting to do the story, the yellow alone is not the whole story, it is only a part of and becomes lacking without any side quests even though it is the *highlight* of the story, I would hope to see these changes reversed please!

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Ketsura said:

I think it was a good move, tbh.

They dont give any relevant ammount of gold, I always advise ppl in the faction chat of only worry about blue quests when they reach Silverfrost, simply because it starts paying in silvers and u can get a nice ammount of extra money.

There are some of us here that enjoy the story, and the blue quests added a lot to it and also were entertaining. Not everyone plays a mmo like bns ONLY for gold.

• Like 10

The blue Quests gave the game something extra to the story  .... it wasn't about the money you could make; but it seems that's what people are only care about now in this game. Some of the side stories were funny , some sad .... it game the game a meaning to interact with the NPCs and see what else was there. Now it's Events to make the company money; players interested in becoming rich and charging stupid and greedy prices in the Market for inane items.  I thought it was about the Story ... not just the Main but the side ones to ... to give a richness to the World of Blade and Soul.

• Like 11

Was this change mentioned anywhere? I don't see it in the patch notes.

EDIT:
Nevermind, found it. This is just stupid. There wasn't even an explanation why they removed them.

I only started playing this game, despite all the warnings people gave me about the end game, because of the lore and story. I also started to enjoy PVP recently so I thought I'd go spend money on this game for the cosmetics. With my main reason to play gone, it's not worth the money anymore. Cancelled my sub and won't be buying NCoins anymore.

Edited by Afalach
  • Like 8

It's a shame really. I rather enjoyed the side quests along with the main story myself and never skipped them in my playthroughs. The blue quests in my opinion added a little more backstory to compliment the main with a bonus of adding a little xp and money in the beginning. It wasn't much but i can see a F2P player seeing the blues as somewhat beneficial.

• Like 5

Yeah and it also seems that the daily to get the Obsidian Serpent set is no longer available :/ So that outfit cannot be obtained *i think* Not too sure, but we havent found it where it usually is, and I think it was one of the of blue quests that were removed.

Edited by Eliavah
  • Like 4

NCWest. Please. Talk to NCSoft and make them reconsider and restore the blue side quests. Do you tear off and burn the previous pages of a book (or manga) you are reading? Do you break and throw away the blue ray of previous episodes of a series (or anime) you are watching? No. If you like them, you keep them lovingly. Because if you like them, you like to reread them, rewatch them, replay this or that part. Don't cut the tongues out of hundreds of citizens of the Blade and Soul realm. They had much to tell us about why and how things happened that the main story line never discloses. What harm had they ever done to you, that you had to silence them forever and bury all their insights and revelations?

Please, restore their voices and their tales and our interactions with them. This is a very sad day if you don't, the day you squeezed something vast and richer into a small space that can only offer a few dungeons to run for the hope of a silver scale drop... 

Edited by Shinki
  • Like 6

The blue quests were great for world building and it always made me so happy to see all the jokes and the song references made in the titles of the quests, the numerous dragon ball references etc. If someone didn't want to do them and only do the main story they could choose to do that, there's no reason to get rid of all those side quests, I would very much appreciate having them returned.

Edit: Possible solution, just do a request board system. "This is where locals will post any help wanted for warriors like you, if you ever want to take a break from your journey maybe you can stop by and help them out"  I just wrote the entirety of new NPC dialogue that would need to be added for that. It wouldn't even have to be voice acted and then using quest boards to receive optional quests but having to hand then in to the NPCs you'd still get to meet everyone but it would avoid any confusion you may be trying to counter by removing the blue quests.

Edited by Noah707
  • Like 5

This is incredibly disheartening. I have always loved the blue quests and the continuity they had. I have taken 3 characters through Virdian, Cinderlands and Moonwater and I did every single blue quests every time. I feel like new players will miss a lot that the blue quests had to offer--the layers to the story they added and the new characters they presented. Having only the epic quests is certainly faster, but I don't think it will be enough to hold people's attention. Much like say Skyrim, BnS was really cool because almost every area of the map had something to do--something to kill or gather or someone to talk to. But now, most of the map will be pretty pointless. Even most of the dailies seem to be gone. A lot of field bosses and dungeons won't be explored by newer players because there is no purpose to. Nothing to point them in that direction. The blue sidequests were always an option. You didn't have to do them if you didn't want to. I think it's really unfair to take them away from those of us that do enjoy them and do want to do them. I ask that you please reconsider and bring back the blue quests. 

• Like 4

Not only that blue quests were part of the story, they were an integral part of the world.

What else am i supposed to be doing now in the world? I hate dungeons! I wanna enjoy this game my way, explore the countryside, do silly things with people, be social! Enjoy what is great about this game, the setting and general atmosphere, the world and the characters! That is fun to me! And not being forced to join the retarded dungeon grind. I don´t care for my stupid AP count.

Edited by weaponzero
  • Like 7

Player choice is the Future of the MMO world NC Soft, you will NOT survive compeeting with the open world Sandbox PVP MMO Crowfall,  you do however have a good chance at Reviveing Blade&Soul but not if you keep Disrespecting players.

I have a few leads lookinh into the matter and some assureing me they will pass the information on to the Jap branch about the players in US not being happy about the constant removal of PVE stuff. That is what started a Player strike in City of Heros so big they madd an Item comerating it. Thats what killed Linage 1 and City of heros when they refused to let free to play players even comunicate with other players.

The us side of this company is natorislly Anti Consumer and its sickening.

Edited by greenlionguard
  • Like 1

Some events are good, like the last one. It helped many players. Some events are bad, like this one (because many people cannot get credit and loot from the event bosses). Ok, I can skip bad events.

The game changes. I have seen it change a lot from launch day. Sometimes for good, sometimes for bad. Ok, I can bear with it and see where it goes.

The optimization sucks. They keep saying they are working on UE4 version. Ok, I can still wait. 

PvP is not for me. Ok, I can just PvE and that's what I do. Fine. 

They milk people for money more and more and more and some more, ad infinitum. Ok, I don't have to bite that hook. 

What keeps me here? The storyline. The visuals. The characters. The environment. The combat system. I have enjoyed that since January 2016. 

My player's choice? Please stop removing the content we enjoy, killing stupidly the companions we strive for, making a further pitiful fool out of our main character, leaving the whole beautiful world deserted and useless, confining us to an extremely restricted, repetitive task that cannot be called "game" and doesn't entice our imaginations at all. 

Edited by Rea Shinwa
  • Like 3

I feel a reminder is in order....
https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/4/40823/2433131-vlcsnap-2013-01-26-14h05m26s107.png

Remember this NC sfot? I remember how many players was that again that were opposed to your anti consumer non since? a good number of them are lost to you forever because you did not learn a lesson. and yes they are all PLAYERS in that picture (i don't think you could even find the NPC because the players blocked them intentionally form being photographed)

Edited by greenlionguard
  • Like 1

I don't understand this move at all

What do they think Blade and Soul is?

It's an MMO, right? Do they know what an MMO is? Are the people making these changes in any way educated about their job?

I wish I could get hired not knowing anything about anything and just do what I want no matter how much it upsets the companies customers.

If I just took half the stuff off the shelves in the store and told customers I was streamlining their shopping experience so they had nothing to choose from but milk and eggs, I'd be thrown into on-coming traffic by both the customers and my manager together. LOL

Story is what makes an MMO an MMO. STORY!!! NOT!! RNG BOXES OR TROVE!!! 
If we want to play a fighting game only, we'll go play Tekken. If we want to play a raiding game only, sorry baby but we're going to go play WoW or XIV. You don't even understand what made your own game special! LMAO It's amazing! It's amazing if you think about it.

I don't know who did this, NCKorea or NCWest. Whoever did it is wrong

When it comes to NA/EU, you guys are constantly getting moves wrong and then just sitting on your hands about it looking up at the ceiling wondering why people are so mad. Your customers literally tell you every step of the way what you're doing wrong and how to fix it and nothing changes. It's embarrassing! At this point, this game is embarrassing me lol. I don't know what to say. Well I do, but I can't believe I'm actually having to say it.

Please keep the story in Blade and Soul

Please stop taking away every single reason to P L A Y the G A M E

• Like 5