As expected, the event is garbage. Offer something else.

Rysa

I tried it too. Played 6-7h.
Didn't count the number of disconnects i got. It was very high.
And often the chest didn't appear. (i'm sure, i made more than 1% damage; but no chest)
Lags, freezes, slowdowns permanently.
Not to mention, the usual great fairplay playerbase.

Wanted get 100 chests to see the loot from them. But stopped at 50.
This is my fantastic loot:

e79d76-1539997975.jpg

Well, time for a break until the next event. Wanted always play Nier Automata. Now i have time for this.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I understand this post. I'm not a whale and I have average ping...yet I made 80 Thrillers and 20 Killers in the last 3 days along with a ton of loot. All I've had to do is ctrl-f on the boss fights and tag the boss (all of them) to get loot. Only twice in all that time did I arrive too late to get loot even though I tagged the boss. I mean I've literally had no issues with this event. I've not even had random disconnects. I even ran into 2 parties that were willing to rotate loot (which is rare in this community). Out of all the other loot, I've managed to farm two fakey Octas, a fakey Hept (non-HM) and 20 legendary Gem Hammers, along with some other general loot like materials, soju and fortune potions. I don't know what I'm doing differently than you guys.  But I'm having a completely different experience.

If anything positive from this event, it is that 3m-5m HP mobs can drop legendary hammers in Zaiwei.

We are going to have 8 gem slots on our weapons, and will certainly need a good amount of hammers (22 units per slot). Or if you are unlucky with gem slots from previous event's weapons and just want to fill the space.

In any case, those big mobs can drop various things aside from hammers, mainly the 15AP pot, sacred crystals, elysian crystals, and of course, Thrill Coins. I went there and farmed for like 30m, and got like 4 Thriller Coins and a legendary hammer, as well as a few elysian crystals and a dozen of sacred crystals. Someone I knew managed to farm 10 hammers in one hour, and got a dozen of thriller coins along the way.

Best part? The mob is tag-able. Once you tag, even biggest whale cannot KS you. The loot are all yours, assuming you can kill 3m-5m HP mobs fast enough. Also, eat dragon soup for extra EXP during the grind.

Honestly, I'd like to be able to farm the outfit as it looks pretty nice.

But you can't get loot, I guess my stats are completely outdated now as well since those 90m bosses melt in 5 seconds flat.

75 coins needed, 1-2 per box per quest, 3 quests per day 3 weeks.

Maximum 42 coins, 21 min if you're unlucky.

The outfit is impossible. It shouldn't be impossible. Add coins to daily quests like 5 maybe, increase the number from the quest boxes. This way at the very least people who can't get loot can earn something. Those who can get loot can farm it.

1 hour ago, swpz said:

Honestly, I'd like to be able to farm the outfit as it looks pretty nice.

But you can't get loot, I guess my stats are completely outdated now as well since those 90m bosses melt in 5 seconds flat.

75 coins needed, 1-2 per box per quest, 3 quests per day 3 weeks.

Maximum 42 coins, 21 min if you're unlucky.

The outfit is impossible. It shouldn't be impossible. Add coins to daily quests like 5 maybe, increase the number from the quest boxes. This way at the very least people who can't get loot can earn something. Those who can get loot can farm it.

Again, I'm not a whale and I did it in 2 and a half days. Every boss I've fought lasts 20-30 seconds... so, I don't know where you're getting this 5 second rule, since 30 seconds is plenty to tag the boss (since I've found NONE to be contribution locked). The only issue I've ever had is the 2 times I arrived and tagged the boss when they had less than 20% health.

(To be clear, I'm not saying there aren't issues that NC needs to work out. Only that my experience has NOT been the same as what you're stating here)

Just in case there's any doubt.

rnHZBUy.jpg

I told them what happened to me, when the server was restored that same day I entered the server just started to see the event, spent an hour killing mobs and boss gave a good drop from legendary hammer to legendary jewel and other things at that time I was playing after an hour spent spent about 3 hours and they gave almost nothing the mobs or the boss I left a quantity of naryu tablet from 3 to 11 a completely useless material, then I said I diminished the drop of the boss :HongWhat:accordingly I left the game and now I take a break or vacation from it, I only enter for 6v6:wink:, I have aransu 6 and intermediate equipment. sorry for my english:HajoonHappy:

On 10/19/2018 at 1:57 PM, Liinxy said:

Greetings,

Thank you everyone for all of your feedback on this years Blade and Ghoul event. We've compiled it all and have sent it over to the dev. team to look over and consider any adjustments before the event ends in three weeks. We'll be sure to relay any information that we may we receive from the team as soon as we get it.

If they want a metric to use to determine if a player was actually attacking the boss use (time attacking boss)/(time boss alive) not damage done.  Then, for example, you can say if a player was attacking boss for 20%, 50% etc. of the time the boss was under attack could get credit.

I think the biggest issue here is the fact that in order to get thriller coins you must kill the high hp mobs. Even whales have trouble with this simply because everyone ingame is trying to kill them to the point they are camping a single spawn at every point. Its near impossible to get all the thriller coins you need for sacred oils alone in this event in a timely fashion. They should just outright remove the thriller coin requirement for sacred oils and pet pods doesn't even make sense...

3 hours ago, marehfy said:

Can someone please link me an SS of the Visasa's box of tricks and box of treats for comparison?

All chests are crap. Ignore them.

If you want Thrillercoins, kill the 2 mobs with 3 and 5 mil. hp on the roads. With luck (maybe at night) only 5-6 Player are in your channel. In 2h you can farm around 40 coins. Without luck and a full channel, forget it. They are down as fast as the bosses.

The problem are the Killercoins. Instead of Thrillercoins (with very low drop rate) in chests, they could added Killercoins. Then we could have a reason to collect them. 2 ways to farm: Thriller from mobs, Killer from all chests.

This is Visasa’s Box O’ Treats. Saw him only 1x. I think, both look the same.
Forget all bad comments about this event. You get 3x fireworks guaranteed. You can't skip this.

f197ee-1540098178.jpg

On 20/10/2018 at 6:00 AM, SilverFoxR said:

If you don't like the event, don't do the event. Simple as that.

They don't have to make events every couple of weeks, you know... and, although complaining about it will give them some feedback, demanding "something else" is pretty entitled.

Stop being a white warrior dude. This game is dying on the west and the people with a bit of QI can see it, they want to reach KR on patchs but can't u see how hard is to upgrade gear? I'm at 1400 ap, pretty decent for an f2p player, but it's hard as hell, i play on alts and i farm alot of HM dungeons, the optimization of the game is horrible, like the upgrade path, they're nerfing stuff but they need to nerf even more and add ways to farm stuff properly, not on 6v6 or other boring stuff, how they want to reach KR if u need to sell your body & soul to get a true soul + true heart? You don't need to be max gear, but if u want to do things properly u need decent damage.

Events are a good way to farm Oils, since the best way imo is to craft oils and u need to do things everyday so u can craft them, plus u need the demon thing from Cold Storage which costs 100 freezing orbs and u receive about 4-5 per day (Huge amount LOL), buying oils is a waste of gold.

If u say "farming oils is easy" okey, give me 80 oils so i can max my soul and heart, otherwise just don't say anything. I like when people say "it's easy to get true soul and heart and other stuff" of course it's easy, credit card makes things easier.

The premise of this game, is the oriental story, and they should continue their passions with that. Hands down, mouths shut, in what I've seen so far, this tops even at least the most popular Chinese drama plots. Okay, not so top, but in it, somewhat like Harry Potter. The upgrade system is constantly getting stuffed by events that don't care, or neither that the dungeons/story rewards will give at least a bone to throw (mats) for you to constantly keep leveling. Oils, as above, the most important thing, and in fact, something as that should be streamlined to level, which is the pet, the glove, the soul (heart is okay)- and yet, NCWest makes it frustratingly, nonsensically hard to level it up. Things like bracelets, main accessories are already difficult enough to farm, let alone grab something inane from HH, that has a drop rate about 40-i-dunno-%. We already know what the problem is, and we'll keep shouting it until the Dev's get to the root of the problem. STOP making your game SPENDING much to bureaucratize materials, inane formulas, for the sake of "PROFIT", and focus on making your game playable, and communicable. That, and you can get the community to be better, and you'd definitely put a hallmark of standards on yourselves. Then, you would certainly get PROFIT. 

And, in fact, I kinda feel sorry for myself, and the others who've paid. That money could've gone into something useful for our IRL expenses/investments/etc.

57 minutes ago, Bim404 said:

I'm really thankful to NCSoft for that event. Half of events should be like that. It's so crap i can skip it without triggering my gaming addiction, and i have a lot more freetime now ! 

I am also thankful event is crap. Got more time for other things. As for the topic, the main problem is that loot boxes, aside from Tarakan and Visasa, give practically nothing. Its more rewarding killing 3kk HP mobs. 

I see no reason to do this event even if you are new player. Farming peachers is several times more rewarding than this, although for me farming peaches is not an option. Hate repetitive grinding.

On 10/20/2018 at 7:04 PM, Noalaa said:

Again, I'm not a whale and I did it in 2 and a half days. Every boss I've fought lasts 20-30 seconds... so, I don't know where you're getting this 5 second rule, since 30 seconds is plenty to tag the boss (since I've found NONE to be contribution locked). The only issue I've ever had is the 2 times I arrived and tagged the boss when they had less than 20% health.

(To be clear, I'm not saying there aren't issues that NC needs to work out. Only that my experience has NOT been the same as what you're stating here)

Just in case there's any doubt.

rnHZBUy.jpg

So you're lucky.

Not everyone is as lucky.

Thriller Tokens being a % to drop rather than guaranteed is a problem, there's no guarantee of getting them. With Killer Tokens they're guaranteed from dailies.

You must be playing during non whale hours then, the bosses due just as fast as they do in SSP and I'm sure we're all aware how much of a trainwreck that is.

2 hours ago, Liinxy said:

Based off of your feedback, the development team has made adjustments to the Blade & Ghoul event that will go live after maintenance this week.

Kinda come a little too late. Already farm over 150 mobs for 44 Legendary Gem Hammers. Now the feeling of missing like 100 coins kill my excitement. But yeah, still helpful for whoever are grinding mobs.

Also, this makes random trash mobs offer much better rewards than long-spawning bosses. Wait, trash mobs are already clearly better, considering they already drops coins and hammers at a good rate now.

honestly i just want the pumpkin head but i cant get it bc i dont get rewarded for even damaging the bosses

everyone in the dang map just rushes into it so no one gets anything and its like 20 people each hitting at the same time meaning its so dang hard to even get the pumpkins like PLEASE

LET ME HAVE A GO

i just want to kill the dang boss myself and not be part of like 20 people killing it at the same time please???

12 minutes ago, KairoSama said:

honestly i just want the pumpkin head but i cant get it bc i dont get rewarded for even damaging the bosses

everyone in the dang map just rushes into it so no one gets anything and its like 20 people each hitting at the same time meaning its so dang hard to even get the pumpkins like PLEASE

LET ME HAVE A GO

i just want to kill the dang boss myself and not be part of like 20 people killing it at the same time please???

Just camp those 3m-5m HP mobs. One hit and they are all yours.

22 hours ago, swpz said:

Thriller Tokens being a % to drop rather than guaranteed is a problem, there's no guarantee of getting them. With Killer Tokens they're guaranteed from dailies.

You must be playing during non whale hours then, the bosses due just as fast as they do in SSP and I'm sure we're all aware how much of a trainwreck that is.

A. This would be a good fix, if not 100%, at least triple the chances. I agree with the general consensus that the elites have more value. I could see a whale abuse if it's 100%, but I agree with you none the less.

B. Yes, I remember Grindtooth when SSP was populated by 100s of Summoner bots.

I did go back with different characters and try to get into several different channels. I found that it was a completely different experience (a poor one) dependent on the population of the channel and the population makeup of the channel. Low population channels with average geared players would see occasional fails at House boss, and bosses lasted about 45 seconds (you could arrive late and still get credit). A medium population of mixed geared players and they lasted 20ish seconds and I could still get credit if I was present when the boss spawned. High population channels with primarily highly geared or whaled characters, and the boss indeed lasted 5 or so seconds and I couldn't get credit even if I opened with an Ult.

Seems to be a very wide range of experiences with more leaning towards no so good for moderately or lower geared players.

While the QoL changes are welcome, it's still a poorly thought-out and unrewarding event. The very definition of an event is that it's not supposed to happen often, it should be fun and enjoyable. This event is not. It's trash, period. I hope the next one (Christmas?) will be more fun, and much more rewarding.

Archived