This would fix new players problems!

CrazyAmber

Hello! I gave it another try.. yes. I was successfull. In three weeks of coming back plus this event I now have a descent HM Soul and pet, and I managed to pass from seraph 1 to raven 3, as well have both vt ring and earring, 1 basin acc *necklace* plus belt, and tigger bracelet stage 7. Oh,, and going for hm12, this could be possible thanks to friendly community and a clan I joined, instead of having to deal with people asking for high requirements to finish dungeon faster.

However, as a new player starting from a whole scratch, I notice something. As soon as you finish your storyline without orange quests you may be around HM 7-8, also, these players mostly try to do dungeons like bloodshade harbor, naryu labyrinth, sundered nexus, and soguns lament.

These dungeons are perfect for them, as they learn how to use their classes in a hard dungeon so won't be that hard later on with the current popular instances.

However, sundered nexus for example, in the past, had a story with Be Ido, which changed, when you defeated him he said see you in the next episode! and now instead of a bangle he uses a sword and you kill him... also the dungeon is much more larger than before. And the reward... is not really good. You can get 20G in the time you do this dungeon in other instances,  and you only get 1 G for it.

Boosting the gold reward in these dungeons would be sweet, to at least 5 G lets say, may sound bad since many high levels would abuse it maybe, but what if it was limited to account ? Let's say your account has a HM 12/Strong gear, this would lock you from getting that quest, so can be limited for people without current descent gear.

I've been helping new people with these dungeons but they still dont get reward at all with those gold reward nerfs applied to these dungeons, plus in current dungeons with bosses of at least 30 millon HP, in 1 minute I can do 6 millon HP to a standing still entity, while they can barely do about 400-500k dmg. 

If there was a time there were no people willing to help them, and newcomers had to create a party under current conditions they would most likely not success in any dungeon at all, if it was because I joined those people yesterday they wouldnt make it at soguns since they all died at first boss, and I am glad to help but cant be there all the time, please think of it, these people love the game I've seen it but they feel unrewarded since they can't stand alone unless they join a clan or have help from strong people, they need a boost in gold for things of their respective gear..

2 hours ago, CrazyAmber said:

However, sundered nexus for example, in the past, had a story with Be Ido, which changed, when you defeated him he said see you in the next episode! and now instead of a bangle he uses a sword and you kill him... also the dungeon is much more larger than before. And the reward... is not really good.

are you not confusing Bido on diferente places

nyaru labyrinth he use a bangle wen you battle him

sundered nexus he alway used a phantom sword after defeating his robot

and sundered nexus is untouched besides the mega nerf to the gold,rewards and drops

Il y a 2 heures, Arkdain a dit :

and sundered nexus is untouched besides the mega nerf to the gold,rewards and drops

It's his/her point lol.

Sundered Nexus is pretty long, same for Sogun's Lament. While Sogun still gives 4g thanks to side-quests, Sundered Nexus doesn't have any and the reward is something like 2g I think ? (counting both Be Ido and Drill Sergeant)

Now Naryu Labyrinth is almost 2g for a full run with all 3 dailies, which I don't think it's bad for a lv45 dungeon. I know there's a lot of gimmicks but in parties, it doesn't matter at all. Both Bloodshade Harbor + Blackram Supply Chain is 1g60 total (~80s per daily), it's not bad either, and it would be quick in a party. 

While it could use a little increase, we also have 5g guaranteed from daily challenge chest now. Problem is that people are wasting time trying to join higher dungeons, while in the meantime they could have actually cleared dungeons like above even faster than actually looking for a party to said higher dungeons.

People need to make their priority a thing, skip blue dungeons and sort that F8 list by difficulty. Heroic only. 

Now, out of story, you only need to manage a few things and you're good to go for at least, up to Naryu Foundry. From NF, go below and below and establish an amount of dungeons you can run. I'd say Naryu Foundry down to Blackram Supply Chain is cool. Skip Awakened Necropolis, still takes too long especially for 30s.

The way to go : Naryu Foundry > Desolate Tomb > Ebondrake Citadel > Sogun's Lament (try to find a party everyday for this one, at all cost, it's 4g+) > Shattered Masts > Sundered Nexus > Gloomdross Incursion (if you do it right with a party, it's quick now) > Cold Storage > Avalanche Den > Lair of Frozen Fang > Naryu Labyrinth > Bloodshade > Blackram Supply. 

Optional : add Heaven's Mandate between Cold Storage and Avalanche Den, if you have a white orb that is. Try to keep with the same party than CS, white orb can drop from there so making a deal by getting the orb and clear Heaven's Mandate, that would be good. Why not Kaari Lord ? Aside from events, here's the thing : if you wanna drop some Hongmoon Powder in Kaari Lord, then prepare to wait years before even seeing one. Meanwhile, it's 2 treasure chests by completing Heaven's Mandate. (1 from daily, 1 from dynamic)

Off topic rant for new players -> Do NOT listen to people saying there are no mechs anymore : it's us with 'super' gear simply skipping them or making them irrelevant. I've seen so many times people not giving a f- at Zakhan for the mark -> Heaven's Breach attack where people just bash braindeadly the boss. Do that ONLY if you have a Force Master that takes the mark by being the farthest from Zakhan, he can use Frost Sheath which will make the party invulnerable to the attack. (instead of being lifted and suffering useless high damage) Yes I know Destroyer can sheath too, but FM is a ranged class by base.

The same can go to the Lord of the Flames in Desolate Tomb, NO THE MECH ISN'T DELETED IT STILL WORKS, it's just different from ex-hard mode : at 70%, tags the farthest. Come close to the boss with 2 peeps behind you, they still count as electric currents. So, get shocked, chain with 2 buddies, be the closest to boss so he grabs you and gets electric currents as well. Then get thrown up, stun/daze boss (he will do a get-up attack if knockdown, you can iframe but it's quick, not advised) be farthest again, get marked, repeat same thing, get grabbed again BOOM 2-3m hp less on the boss.

Same thing at 30% with one difference : he tags closest this time.

Yw.

Dungeons below DT do not contribute to your characters progression (no upgrade materials, not even forging orbs) and you'd make more money faster for simply afking at basin (for evolded stones). I mean, seriously, 30 silver for something that will likely take over 5 minutes, nevermind trying to find a party for those?

I really wish old content would never become irrelevant. As of now open world content basically doesn't exist In Blade & Soul. I really miss the silverfrost patch. Where you didn't have to spend your whole life in  celestial basin or the f8 lobby.  Nerfing old content doesn't help out new low geared players who obviously arent able to farm the gold for the gear needed to do new content. I also really miss the time when doing faction daillies and frostcale basin wasn't a waste of time. 

I feel that desperate for open world content that I sometimes go back to frostscale basin even though im completely aware that im wasting my time. Im just that hungry 

im not sure which server are you playing on, i never had these problems on eu, in f8 there are more than enough ppl willing to help you to finish your material quests

(i usually help too if im not done with that dungeon for that day c:)

and as a new player you can easily make about 30+ gold a day which should cover most of your expenses at that point, and you dont even have to bother with the lower level content, just shogun and upwards till sanctum.(if you are willing to farm you can even make 100g a day lul)

i dont think  those dungeons needs a change, outside of removing them completely cause its just needless at this point, like everything below lair of the frozen fang.

the ppl you mentioned probably needs guidance than strong ppl to help them, i get whispers daily from ppl about what they should do.

On 2018. 10. 16. at 9:11 AM, Granger said:

Dungeons below DT do not contribute to your characters progression

actually they do cause you can get some gold as a bonus, and in the early stages you can get goldstarved until the next day you can do your dailies again.

(if you are not willing to participate in a farmfest)

but that is entirely for new ppl that just got their first char to 55,but doing mast/nexus/gloomdross/necropolis is just a waste of time that is true.

On 2018. 10. 15. at 8:52 PM, CrazyAmber said:

Boosting the gold reward in these dungeons would be sweet, to at least 5 G lets say, may sound bad since many high levels would abuse it

i dont see the problem with higher level ppl getting the bonus too, like, most of the older players have 5-11 character already :D a few gold wont change much for them.

and i wouldnt bother with a long dungeon for 5 gold if i can just do the higher one for 11+g and 1/3 the time

making the account lock system would be far more effort than simply adding the gold to the daily q.

On 2018. 10. 15. at 8:52 PM, CrazyAmber said:

I've been helping new people with these dungeons but they still dont get reward at all with those gold reward nerfs applied to these dungeons, plus in current dungeons with bosses of at least 30 millon HP, in 1 minute I can do 6 millon HP to a standing still entity, while they can barely do about 400-500k dmg. 

If there was a time there were no people willing to help them, and newcomers had to create a party under current conditions they would most likely not success in any dungeon at all, if it was because I joined those people yesterday they wouldnt make it at soguns since they all died at first boss, and I am glad to help but cant be there all the time, please think of it, these people love the game I've seen it but they feel unrewarded since they can't stand alone unless they join a clan or have help from strong people, they need a boost in gold for things of their respective gear..

somehow i cant believe this story

under current conditions if newcomers finish the story and upgrade their weapons to the bare minimum f8 asks them to, they wouldnt have any kind of problem running dungeons up till naryu sanctum, outside of getting bored.

13 hours ago, RavTH said:

+1 make hm level limiter for dungeons

that would not turn out good.

1 minute ago, Vyd said:

im not sure which server are you playing on, i never had these problems on eu, in f8 there are more than enough ppl willing to help you to finish your material quests

(i usually help too if im not done with that dungeon for that day c:)

and as a new player you can easily make about 30+ gold a day which should cover most of your expenses at that point, and you dont even have to bother with the lower level content, just shogun and upwards till sanctum.(if you are willing to farm you can even make 100g a day lul)

i dont think  those dungeons needs a change, outside of removing them completely cause its just needless at this point, like everything below lair of the frozen fang.

the ppl you mentioned probably needs guidance than strong ppl to help them, i get whispers daily from ppl about what they should do.

actually they do cause you can get some gold as a bonus, and in the early stages you can get goldstarved until the next day you can do your dailies again.

(if you are not willing to participate in a farmfest)

but that is entirely for new ppl that just got their first char to 55,but doing mast/nexus/gloomdross/necropolis is just a waste of time that is true.

i dont see the problem with higher level ppl getting the bonus too, like, most of the older players have 5-11 character already :D a few gold wont change much for them.

and i wouldnt bother with a long dungeon for 5 gold if i can just do the higher one for 11+g and 1/3 the time

making the account lock system would be far more effort than simply adding the gold to the daily q.

somehow i cant believe this story

under current conditions if newcomers finish the story and upgrade their weapons to the bare minimum f8 asks them to, they wouldnt have any kind of problem running dungeons up till naryu sanctum, outside of getting bored.

Please tell me how you make 100g per day...... List all the daillies and gold reward cause I farm all day and I make about 45g each day per character.

2 minutes ago, i wanna die said:

Please tell me how you make 100g per day

that would hurt my income

alrite now seriously, there are many ways to make gold in the game, outside of doing dailies, doing dailies  is  the lazy way tbh.

1 hour ago, Vyd said:

it would, because story gives you enough gear to do those dungeons, and new players shouldn't focus already on ns if el ssm hh dd rt sst, so they would investigate their clases on their own, e.g. Sundered Nexusu would be a good example, it asks you to do simple mechanics and know your class cc's.

Le 16/10/2018 à 09:11, Granger a dit :

Dungeons below DT do not contribute to your characters progression (no upgrade materials, not even forging orbs) and you'd make more money faster for simply afking at basin (for evolded stones). I mean, seriously, 30 silver for something that will likely take over 5 minutes, nevermind trying to find a party for those?

That's the problem everyone has : they only look at the damn gold reward. Getting 5g from a dungeon isn't gonna make you buy any moonstone crystal or such. By simply farming chests/pouches, you'll get more than enough soulstone/sacred crystals anyway.

Or are you telling me people are buying orbs/stones to CONVERT THEM INTO CRYSTALS ??? That'd probably be the worst waste of money you can ever make on this game. 

Also Basin bosses are like every ~40mins, by that time I already cleared all Blackram up to Sogun's at best, so it can't really kill you to do something while waiting at Celestial Basin. 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Lyn Thunderfox:

Getting 5g from a dungeon isn't gonna make you buy any moonstone crystal or such. By simply farming chests/pouches, you'll get more than enough soulstone/sacred crystals anyway.

Celestial basin again is the far better choice; even simply killing random mobs on the map frequently drops crystals chests of better quality than the ones offered in those dungeons. 

Lets face it, those dungeons are completly and utterly outdated and obsolete. Sending people to them outside of "get your lucents if you tossed them" is wasting their time.

Theres no reason to run those dungeons for 1 crystal pouch/peculiar promises chest every 6-8 minutes when in celestial basin you'll see a peculiar promises chest every minute or so...

It's about clearing dailies you know. You do them once a day and you're done, you don't farm those lol. Why ? Reward chests, despite their abyssmal chance, can give some Venture Token. (yes Sparkling is a legend, and Brilliant is even more rare than a shiny Ponyta) However, you would never know when you'd get them.

To begin with I don't even understand why you are talking about Celestial Basin, to be honest if 3/4 of the playtime is basin, then you simply don't enjoy the game. 

Remember to enjoy a game before burning out and quit.

Honestly at this point i feel like you're grasping at straws. Yes venture tokens are nice but that still makes running those dungeons a complete waste of time. Dont send people there "to gear up/get gold/get materials" because its about the worst way for all of those. Instead send them to them "for fun, if you want, but theres nothing to gain really"

Are those blues for these dungs even still here? As i recall, they killed all blue quests of a bunch of low level zones... (?)

Archived