Halloween outfit rotation - All of these should have been added to the event instead

Kozuki

Tl;nr: the Title

Let face the truth: Recolored Night Luna as Halloween event reward this year looks so bad. And it doesn't has a single sperk of Halloween Spirit in it. It looks like just some leftover designs that NCSoft does not know what to do with it and just decide to throw it to events.

Meanwhile, check out this new rotation of outfits, bonus Halloween theme:

Vr0ibGU.jpg

Aside from Graveheart and Creepurr Cat which are always F10 items, let go through an analysis other items:

-Spellcaster and its hat are free outfit items in very first Halloween event of this game, which can be gotten either through tokens or straight from RNG box, also from the event itself (no paying). In second Halloween event, they are a RNG drop from Merchant of Wonder. Now, it become something for sale, and without even a discount.

-Monster Ball and Bloodmoon are outfits you can get from second Halloween event with Merchant of Wonder. There are four pieces, and these outfits are rare drops, so you need luck to collect them all. Personally, I played on 6 alts during the time and managed to collect all of them. However, if you only manage to collect one piece, it means you have to pay 1,500 coins to get what you miss.

-However, let move to the cat outfits. Summoners always have the pain about having to pay extra or spend more efforts than any other classes. Last year, despite of playing six alts every day and spending White Orbs, plus all Cold Storage resets, I could not get all cat outfits. Cuz RNG is RNG. Cannot blame me when there were six pieces to collect.

GaP2BiG.jpg

So now in order to have a full set of these two, I have to PAY 800 Coins! Every effort I spent last year was down to the drain. Unlike the outfits which can be given to alts, the excessive cat items after buying are USELESS! They cannot be given to friends, cannot be sell on F5, or whatsoever.

-The two weapon chests should have been available during second Halloween events cuz they are clearly designed to be the same set. Even their names indicate so. However, NCWest held them back so that they can put them on sales now. Quite a low move.

This would have been a lot better if they just add those to the event reward list (except Graveheart and Creepurr Cat), so that people who missed outfit items last year could now have a chance to collect them all. This would make the event suddenly become very attractive, at least to outfit collectors. But no, let monetize everything, cuz rich whales will pay anyway. Cuz whales are rich, there is no need to discount either. Meanwhile, non-whales can be happy with that leftover recolored Night Luna.

Honestly, I always feel that the longer you play the game, the harder the slap that NCWest manages to deliver everytime they do something this smart.

They did us so dirty....

1399???? 1499??? They didn't have to do it like this....

I looked at those prices-those prices hit me so hard, I've been limping all morning.

Those prices hit me so hard, I'm confined to a wheelchair for the rest of this week. Now I'm quadriplegic, thanks NCWest.

While I appreciate the new parking pass I should get in the mail over this, the fact remains that so far this is BnS's shadiest Halloween yet.

If at least they were priced like daily deals...ok, that wouldn't be so bad!! Maaaaaan but over 1k?
They really truly hate F2P players, huh. Like the sight of them just makes them wanna spit or punch a baby something

Because be real-be real!!!

Average F2P who isnt in TT selling runs is going to struggle a bit. It'll end up being a choice of either waiting for boxes OR getting Halloween sets.

Players shouldn't be forced to choose Halloween sets or something else. That's just mean.

Constantly forcing them into having to pick one or the other-for why? For the few that can afford to just take both?

You'd sacrifice the enjoyment of many for the extra coin of a few? WELL that's unfortunate.

I'll give it to them though, they're absolute experts at the craft of misery. I thought only my ex was-but here I stand corrected.

Again, I appreciate all the nice ones in the RNG box but it could have been better timing. Shafting Halloween like this, nnnnnnnnnnnnn..maybe I shouldnt have expected much anyway though since they didn't even remember to put Christmas lights and decorations up last year

2 hours ago, RavTH said:

it should be no more than 0 ncoin per account.

Or another Jackpot.

Or add to the next event cuz theme.

Or at least offers them at discounted prices via Daily Specials. Pieces by pieces.

But no, let go full force, bundle everything, offer at maximum prices possible, rub salts to older-players who miss a singple piece.

7 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Or another Jackpot.

Or at least offers them at discounted prices via Daily Specials. Pieces by pieces.

But no, let go full force, bundle everything, offer at maximum prices possible, rub salts to older-players who miss a singple piece.

Well, it's not really fuzzy for new/returning players either. These kinds of practices are not ones that will encourage players to give them money. I mean sure, some will be constrained to do so... but it only makes it worse in the long run.

There are plenty of other Hongmoon Store costumes they could have added to the store. It may not be Halloween related to include other costumes but the Graveheart costume would represent the Halloween spirit. It would also make more sense if they added the returning event costumes to the event store to purchase with event currency.

Although I can't say I'm surprised they added returning event costumes to the Hongmoon Store - Businesses exist to make money, but sadly this will leave a bitter taste in many players mouths.

19 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Or another Jackpot.

login reward would be nice. instead of those treasure pouches that give less than 1 dungeon they could put outfit adorments etc

I think it is in bad taste for them to have outfits that were previously obtained for free now only available at a cost. In the very least, they should be at a discounted price. It’s very disheartening to see them continue to add past free event outfits to F10 at such high costs.

I agree with the OP, this would have been an amazing opportunity to get people excited to collect some of these old outfits from the event. Instead they add this terrible recolor of Night Luna and make us pay for old outfits. Haven’t they realized by now that the least they should do for a holiday event is to add a cool new outfit that everyone wants? People get excited about outfits, especially if they can obtain them for free.

Halloween is such a fun holiday. It’s all about costumes and dressing up. I just feel that NCWest missed a really big opportunity to get people excited for the holiday and excited about the new event. Instead, we’re rolling our eyes at having to return to tired old Zaiwei Ruins, and for such unrewarding rewards. It’s been over 2 years now, and they still can’t seem to get things right. It’s no wonder enthusiasm for the game seems to be at an all-time low.

Archived