Forums

Sparkling Whirlwind Changes, Has anyone done the math?

CastielSeven

Has anyone done the math on the sparkling whirlwind changes for silver? Does the 100 moonstone bundle have a chance to drop in the new version? How many moonstones do you get per chest in the new version compared to the previous version?

Is this a nerf or a buff?  

(I edited out my previous post cause i may have misread before, but I still have this question with regards to the changes on oct 17.)

10 Gold chests was 148 moonstone for her, that's basically the double of what you could get before

Assuming that rewards are decreasing when you take Silver or normal chest, you don't have to rush 6vs6 now

It's a loss only if you can't get the Silver rank

So yeah, don't spread alarming words for nothing, Silver rank is 1350, nothing impossible

18 minutes ago, Waldik said:

10 Gold chests was 148 moonstone for her, that's basically the double of what you could get before

Assuming that rewards are decreasing when you take Silver or normal chest, you don't have to rush 6vs6 now

It's a loss only if you can't get the Silver rank

So yeah, don't spread alarming words for nothing, Silver rank is 1350, nothing impossible

can you find the exact  numbers for the new silver? Does it still have a chance to drop the 100 moonstone bundle like it does now?  Aye  i did raise an alarm, but mostly out of precaution.  Everytime there are changes i fear the worse. I am still expecting another Gold nerf for dungeons as well.  

On topic though, while he wasn't 100% informed, I believe the OP made the right choice to give out a precaution warning, because when I read "sparkling chest" and "gold status" it didn't sound promising. And after watching the stream... it still doesn't.

So they showed the highest level BG chest - Gold Status Sparkling - and the moonstone drop rates were between 13-18. You also have to note that this type of chest costs 1800 BG points, compared to the current one which requires 1000 bg points. Safe to assume that 90% of the players will not reach Gold status in BG.

Also, judging by the description of the shown chests the 100 moonstone bundle has been removed.

If we take into account that Battleground chest = 600 bg points, Brilliant chest = 1200 bg points and Sparkling = 1800 bg points we can notice they're going in increments of 600. So we could divide the highest rewards by 3 and get ~ 4-5 moonstones. But wait, Gold and Silver tier chests are supposed to provide not just *more* rewards, but better ones right ? So dividing won't be the case here.

I will be laughing so hard if we end up finding out that the standard BG chest rewards 1-2 moonstones . Even 2-3 would be a nerf for non silver/gold players, getting 4-6 moonstones for 1200 bg points instead of 5-7 moonstone for 1000 bg points on current one. Combine that with the removal of the chance for 100 moonstone bundle... and yes, the warning from OP will just turn into sad reality for the ignorant masses.

45 minutes ago, asot said:

Combine that with the removal of the chance for 100 moonstone bundle

The 100 bundle was basically removed when they took it off of Naksun. It's drop rate is so small that it's not even worth taking into account in this discussion.

People who actually play and farm 6v6 have been lucky if they've even seen 1.

The new boxes are a buff, I would say for silver and higher it will be better than before. If you can't even get silver then just lol.

39 minutes ago, Sp1n Kuro said:

The 100 bundle was basically removed when they took it off of Naksun. It's drop rate is so small that it's not even worth taking into account in this discussion.

People who actually play and farm 6v6 have been lucky if they've even seen 1.

The new boxes are a buff, I would say for silver and higher it will be better than before. If you can't even get silver then just lol.

ur forgetting the additional chance to get 3-10 more moonstones which have a reasonable drop rate. Was those removed too? This is a question i have.

And battlegrounds was the only way for f2p to efficiently farm gold other than the 4 10g dungeons which you can do at 1k or 1.1k ap (hh,dd,sst,ssm). Now you need to be gold ranked in bg to make the same amount of moonstone as you would with any rank before the patch. + you even need more battlepoints for the gold chests. Bns is officially dead for f2p ever since that patch stream. 

1 hour ago, i wanna die said:

And battlegrounds was the only way for f2p to efficiently farm gold other than the 4 10g dungeons which you can do at 1k or 1.1k ap (hh,dd,sst,ssm). Now you need to be gold ranked in bg to make the same amount of moonstone as you would with any rank before the patch. + you even need more battlepoints for the gold chests. Bns is officially dead for f2p ever since that patch stream. 

after they made venture tokens at toi for top 100 only, they clearly made this as a message for f2p players.. now they are making it cleaner that they don't want f2p players in this game.

9 hours ago, CastielSeven said:

Are you serious?  Its worse than I thought!  wow....

Start  spamming bgs everyone. My warning still stands. This is a nerf.

this is not a nerf.....from the boxes showed in stream it gave a lot more than the current chests, and i mean A LOT more. This is an actual buff and gives incentive to actually do BG now.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

this is not a nerf.....from the boxes showed in stream it gave a lot more than the current chests, and i mean A LOT more. This is an actual buff and gives incentive to actually do BG now.

Yesterday I opened 7 boxes. I got lucky on a few crits and managed to get about 90 moonstones from those because of the extra chance to get 3-10 more moonstones aside from the usual 6-7. (And this is not counting the chance for 100 moonstones.)  

can 7 of the new boxes give you 90 moonstones? 

1 minute ago, CastielSeven said:

Yesterday I opened 7 boxes. I got lucky on a few crits and managed to get about 90 moonstones from those because of the extra chance to get 3-10 more moonstones aside from the usual 6-7. (And this is not counting the chance for 100 moonstones.)  

can 7 of the new boxes give you 90 moonstones? 

Isn't even worth replying to him. If he actually bothered to read the entire thread, he would learn that the opened boxes require gold rating, that they cost 1800 bg currency, etc. It's either ignorance or a poor trolling/diversion attempt.

4 hours ago, asot said:

Isn't even worth replying to him. If he actually bothered to read the entire thread, he would learn that the opened boxes require gold rating, that they cost 1800 bg currency, etc. It's either ignorance or a poor trolling/diversion attempt.

Because this isnt even a problem, you get gold ranked in the easiest BG and then farm the other 2 for points. simple. |not to mention everyone will be doing BG's now because the boxes are actually worth more than the current ones which m eans MS price will drop significantly for others.

@CastielSeven

I have doubts in what you are saying. Curent BG box gives 5-7 plus a chance of max 10 extra thats 17 per box, if you only opened 7  it would mean you critted almost every single box which i very very highly doubt.

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Because this isnt even a problem, you get gold ranked in the easiest BG and then farm the other 2 for points. simple. |not to mention everyone will be doing BG's now because the boxes are actually worth more than the current ones which m eans MS price will drop significantly for others.

@CastielSeven

I have doubts in what you are saying. Curent BG box gives 5-7 plus a chance of max 10 extra thats 17 per box, if you only opened 7  it would mean you critted almost every single box which i very very highly doubt.

It's called RNG, and i did say that  it was luck. But you missed the point.  Those additional  "Max 10 extra"; were they removed? yes or no?

13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

easy get gold rank if you dont get erased in 0.01 sec

18 hours ago, Grimoir said:

@CastielSeven

yea grimoire cause everyone is dragonforge and any pleb with galaxy weap can get gold rank in bg easy damn galaxy ppl like never get oneshotted

Archived