[NEWS] October 17 Patch Note Preview

whippleshuffle

• NCSOFT

Alongside the Blade & Ghoul event going live on October 17, we’ll be making a number of changes to the core game systems and features. Below we have a selection of the changes arriving with the event. Keep a look out for the full patch notes which we’ll post the day before the event goes live.

• Dragonblood availability in dungeons has been updated:

Dungeon

Normal

Hard

Golden Dragonblood

Dragonblood

Golden Dragonblood

Dragonblood

Sogun's Lament

Ebondrake Citadel

Desolate Tomb

Naryu Foundry

Naryu Sanctum

Irontech Forge

Ebondrake Lair

Starstone Mines

Hollow's Heart

The Drowning Deeps

Ransacked Treasury

Sandstorm Temple

The Shadowmoor

• Soulstones and Soulstone Crystals have been removed as rewards for faction quests in Moonwater Plains.
  • Guild Supplies can now be crafted at level 11, down from 50, and the cost has been significantly reduced.
  • PvP Rewards have been redesigned and rebalanced based on game types, rankings, and material requirements.
    • Arena Reward Chest, Brilliant Arena Reward Chest (Silver Rank Required), and Sparkling Arena Reward Chest (Gold Rank Required) are now available from the Duel Match and Tag Match tabs of the Zen Bean Trader NPC. Arena Reward Key is needed to open which can be obtained from Arena Daily Quests, Daily Challenge Reward Chest, and Dragon Express for 4 Solar Energy.
    • You can now exchange 1 Dragon Certificate for 1 Arena Reward Key via the Antiques UI.
    • Battleground Reward, Brilliant Battleground Reward Chest (Silver Rank Required), and Sparkling Battleground Reward Chest (Gold Rank Required) are now available from the Battleground Trader NPC. Battleground Reward Key is needed to open which can be obtained from Battleground Daily and Weekly Quests, Weekly Challenge, and Dragon Express for 5 Solar Energy.
    • You can now exchange 1 Sparkling Whirlwind Key for 1 Battleground Reward Key via the Antiques UI.

Items Changes

• The upgrade costs for Legendary Accessories obtained from raids has been rebalanced. Please see this Google Sheet for the full details.
  • Serpent Calling Bell can now be purchased from Bai Sun in The Cinderlands – Crescent Spring for 50 copper.
  • Purification Jar can now be purchased from Ko Muhia in Moonwater Plains – The Highland Necropolis for 6 silver.
  • Enchanting Temptress Mask and Cobalt Widow Striped Blindfold are now available from Zen Bean Trader and Achievement Merchant NPC Kiyeon.
  • Sealed Frostburn Orb, Sealed Heart of the Great Thrall now have a chance to drop from Temple of Eluvium and Sealed Iron Conqueror Medallion now has a chance to drop from Scion’s Keep. The overall drop rate is unchanged.
  • You can now purchase Iron Conqueror Medallion, Frostburn Orb, and Heart of the Great Thrall for 1000 Gold and 450 Hellion Core from the Legendary Tab on Coin Exchange Merchant NPC Junsorei. You must also have completed the Sovereign of Solak achievement to purchase these items.
  • Vintage Pet Pouch is now available from the Exchange tab of Dragon Express for 65 Solar Energy and contains 1 random Pet Appearance.
    • Pet Appearances no longer randomly drop from dungeons.
  • Hongmoon Special Tonic now increases Attack Power by 100 for 12 seconds, with a cooldown of 3 minutes. It has also had its icon and item type updated to a potion.
  • Hongmoon Special Firewater has had its icon and item type updated to a Charm, and is now called Hongmoon Special Reset Charm.
  • Increased Attack Power stat on Oath Necklace to 34, up from 14.
  • The following accessories can now be upgraded to Awakened Stages 1-3:
    • Destiny Ring – Stage 10
    • Immortality Earring – Stage 10
    • Oath Necklace – Stage 10
    • Eternity Belt – Stage 10
    • Inheritor’s Ring
    • Apex Earring
    • Elevation Necklace
    • Divine Dragon Bracelet
    • Tiger Bracelet
    • King Gloves
    • Skyshatter Ring
    • Skypearl Earring
    • Skysunder Necklace
    • Skybreaker Belt
    • Subjugator Bracelet
    • Starfire Gloves
    • Horizon Belt
    • Starbreaker Bracelet
    • Divinity Bracelet
    • Wrathbringer Ring
    • Myth Ring
  • Added recipes to exchange newly added Awakened Legendary Accessories between paths.
  • New item exchanges are now available in the Exchange tab of Dragon Express:

Exchanged Items

Received Items

Blackstone Fragment x3
Solar Energy x4

Silver Scale Fragment x1

Void Fragment x3
Solar Energy x2

Sea Glass x1

Aransu Orb x3
Solar Energy x4

Blood Pearl x1

Raven Feather x3
Solar Energy x3

Hive Queen’s Wings x1

Keep an eye on the official Blade & Soul website for the full patch notes on October 17.

would it be possible to make the bg keys account bound? just to avoid the 800 ap alts afk-ing on bgs cause they stacked up on keys.

(since the game heavily favors having multiple characters, i can see some1 spending all the solars on bg keys and just afk on bgs after the first cap, or 30k dmg :D,rip)

Do not touch Skybreak Spire accessories, it does not need these changes and will only cause an adverse effect from might be intended.

It will do more harm to newer players if you pass these reductions as it'll be increasingly harder to upgrade to the next stages and be raid ready for VT or even TT for that matter.

If your intention is to further divide the community, then by all means, pass these changes.

i suppose we're gonna have a significant increase in the amount of soulstone crystals dropped by dungeon chests and treasure pouches? because it isn't like we have thousands of them sitting in our inventories gathering dust, unlike sacred crystals, which you guys hand out like candy, and are useless as all hell...

and change the jewel/element transmutation materials from soulstone crystals to sacred crystals, and give it a chance to proc legendary elements/jewels instead of the utterly useless elder dragon crap.

its almost like you're trying to frustrate your player base to the point they quit and go play another game...

seriously. do you guys even play your own game?

7 hours ago, whippleshuffle said:
  • You can now purchase Iron Conqueror Medallion, Frostburn Orb, and Heart of the Great Thrall for 1000 Gold and 450 Hellion Core from the Legendary Tab on Coin Exchange Merchant NPC Junsorei. You must also have completed the Sovereign of Solak achievement to purchase these items.

Isnt this a bit pointless?

Everyone knows that for these hard modes (even for EL, IF and NS) people ask for VT gear, you'd get kicked instantly if you dont have VT Badge

What's the point of locking the item behind an achievement that you most likely only get if you already have the badge? not to mention that DD HM is bugged atm

2 minutes ago, Bakuzan said:

Everyone knows that for these hard modes (even for EL, IF and NS) people ask for VT gear, you'd get kicked instantly if you dont have VT Badge

What's the point of locking the item behind an achievement that you most likely only get if you already have the badge? not to mention that DD HM is bugged atm

it's because they don't play their own game, don't understand their own game, and generally have very little respect for anyone that doesn't spend 500 bucks every trove.

A:IR can't get here fast enough...

34 minutes ago, Bakuzan said:

30 minutes ago, Krucius said:

it's because they don't play their own game, don't understand their own game, and generally have very little respect for anyone that doesn't spend 500 bucks every trove.

A:IR can't get here fast enough...

I still remember Raven SS reward in Hard Mode where everyone has VT SS. Those darn legendary light is so misleading :3

Not to mention Lunar Twilight Flowers as rewards for dungeons like Starstone Mines, Drowning Deeps and Hollow's Heart after nerfing the gold all the others silverfrost dungeons to almost nothing, most new players in my clan strugle to upgrade gears as it is and have to improvise in some older dungeons to get gold.

I am sure they don't consider many players in this game have high ping and the DPS is heavly influenced by it, mostly latin american players like me can't reach DPS levels that would make hard mode dungeons more easy, unless they are overgeared to said dungeons, in my case for exemple, even using a VPN in my best days i get 250 ms delay for a raid run and my DPS as a BM with Aransu 6 weapon and gear can get at best 285k DPS without BW/BB combo, and i have some friends in US that can do that on a BM with Raven Gear. I have some other friends in Brazil that quit the game cause defeating Master Hong with their ping was downright impossible, and the exemples go on.

The changes here mostly increase material that new players strugle to get on dungeons, require leveled alts to farm from weeklys and a lot of time. Unless you got some strong friends that would carry you. It is ok if have passed thoses materials, i for once have a lot of them even for alts, but i play this game for 2 years and have currently 7 alts that i use to farm weeklys and some events.

Its also worth mentioning that farming soulstone Crystals in SSP is extremely annoying due to overpopulation of bots that log in only to kill the Bosses, wich makes it impossible for even high geared players to even get the kill on bosses there.

In conclusion, i suggest you guys start doing some research on your own game and start paying attention to the game community if you want to keep players interested.

I'd like to know why the TT accs are rising in price to upgrade.  On NON-prem users the gold cost over all goes down 300g and 180 eli off.  But goes up by 1680 soul stone crystals, and 1200 sacred orbs.  Looking at market values on NA 180*6.1g = 1098g for eli off + 300 off for a total of about 1400g off.  Now, 1680*.55 = 924g for soul stones and  1200*1.8 = 2160g for sacreds for a total of just shy of 3100g.  In terms of gold the accs cost 1700g more to upgrade each.  Not to mention Elis are easy as all get out to farm in comparison to MS as well as they are used less so the reduction cost is both an increase in material cost as well as a bad shift in items from something we don't use a whole lot to things we use more often (yes SS and SO are used more often since they literally make up everything).

Why is NC masking a cost increase as a reduction?

3 hours ago, Krul said:

I'd like to know why the TT accs are rising in price to upgrade.  On NON-prem users the gold cost over all goes down 300g and 180 eli off.  But goes up by 1680 soul stone crystals, and 1200 sacred orbs.  Looking at market values on NA 180*6.1g = 1098g for eli off + 300 off for a total of about 1400g off.  Now, 1680*.55 = 924g for soul stones and  1200*1.8 = 2160g for sacreds for a total of just shy of 3100g.  In terms of gold the accs cost 1700g more to upgrade each.  Not to mention Elis are easy as all get out to farm in comparison to MS as well as they are used less so the reduction cost is both an increase in material cost as well as a bad shift in items from something we don't use a whole lot to things we use more often (yes SS and SO are used more often since they literally make up everything).

because that isn't rain...

vor 4 Stunden schrieb ChillYo:

If we are making the VT badges for a chance to drop as the sealed version(which is tradable), and also be able to purchase from merchant, why don't we just make those badge material bound to account?

That's a good idea, I want that!

I actually have both VT Badges for BlackWing SB from Trove.

Only in Fact that i'm hoping these are getting finally bound to account!

Unless there is a huge increase in the amount of soulstone crystals from dailies, dungoens ... etc, soul stone prices will skyrocket especially that they are removed from SS plains now and alot of players will find it frustrating to rank up their gear not to mention that soulstones are required in almost every other process in the transmutation tab or the crafting window.

In essence this is akin to an increase in the base cost of most "crafted" items in the game.

This is deeply concerning to me.

The following accessories can now be upgraded to Awakened Stages 1-3:

Oath Necklace – Stage 10

Wait... players who got this item recently can't upgrade it at all! Only the older versions of the necklace can be upgraded.

So you lock newer players out? What's the point?!

On 11.10.2018 at 6:52 PM, whippleshuffle said:

Items Changes

• The upgrade costs for Legendary Accessories obtained from raids has been rebalanced. Please see this Google Sheet for the full details.
On 12.10.2018 at 7:52 PM, Krul said:

Just where are you reading anything about a reduction? This doesn't apply just to you but also many others, especially on reddit. And I just can't help but think: "What the heck are these people reading?!" I'm not a native english speaker and I know that rebalance does not mean reduction.

Imo some changes related to the accessories upgrade costs are nice, such as reducing requirements of 4 PTS / evolution in elemental necks. 

But adding the horribly high soulstone crystal etc. requirements are a big let-down. 

On 2018. 10. 11. at 6:52 PM, whippleshuffle said:

The upgrade costs for Legendary Accessories obtained from raids has been rebalanced. Please see this Google Sheet for the full details.

Please heck no! The reduced PTS requirements for VT neck are nice, but... 780 soulstones just to upgrade one BT accessory to stage 10?! At least don't ask for more elysians. The overall cost is increased this way!

We get -50g and -20 moonstone / stage but also get +260 soulstone +20 sacred crystals +10 elysians / stage

At least remove the PTS requirement or change it to TS so it won't be a huge wall to newer players.

Anyway, you'll break the market this way. The amount of required soulstones is insane even now without this rebalance. With the current 0.5g price on the EU market that's a lot of gold.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:52 PM, whippleshuffle said:
  • Soulstones and Soulstone Crystals have been removed as rewards for faction quests in Moonwater Plains.

Items Changes

17 hours ago, csisy said:

Please heck no! The reduced PTS requirements for VT neck are nice, but... 780 soulstones just to upgrade one BT accessory to stage 10?! At least don't ask for more elysians. The overall cost is increased this way!

We get -50g and -20 moonstone / stage but also get +260 soulstone +20 sacred crystals +10 elysians / stage

At least remove the PTS requirement or change it to TS so it won't be a huge wall to newer players.

Anyway, you'll break the market this way. The amount of required soulstones is insane even now without this rebalance. With the current 0.5g price on the EU market that's a lot of gold.

So they reduced the available supply of Soulstones and increased the amount required.  Nice.

yea.. what are they thinking? atm i'm sitting on like 20 soulstones and 800 soulstone crystals compared to about 450 sacred orbs and 3k+ sacred crystals yet they add a HUGE amt of soulstone crystals to upgrading the BT accessories? unless we see a drastic increase in availability on soulstones and SS crystals this is gonna screw the economy hard

Just read whippleshuffle has officially left the ncsoft team, as this was one of his last postings I would like to thank him for his calm and collective manner and effort in providing patch notes and spreadsheets which have improved across the years. (except I suspect they swapped mystic badges peach prices)

Goodbye Whippleshuffle:HongWhat: and Bronn :HajoonLaugh: (they both look EXACTLY as I expected them to look in real life, whipple with a moustache!)

I hope for this community's sake we get new staff as strong as you two were. Goodbye.

I know it isn't written here but it was in the Blade and Soul 4.8.1. General Patch Notes .... Why oh why are a ton of quests in the viridian up to the moonwater plains removed? Will they come back? I seriously love doing them. They help to give a few extra xp and essential items for new characters and introduce them to certain areas. I even come back from time to time just for the fun of it when I'm bored of doing the campaign quests, farming, and grinding. Please someone tell me why. I game for quests and stories. Now a lot of my favourite daily quests are gone.

Archived