ebondrake citadel fire gunner instant death

KASER100

I am fighting the boss and get him down to about 30% and he instant kills me. I use my shield and it does nothing. I am trying to get drakon cores for upgrades. I waited for an hour trying to get anyone to assist me with no luck so I went on lfp and again no luck. I am trying to solo now and like I said I keep getting instant killed close to the end. Can I as a fire gunner do something that will allow me to finish this boss, or do I need a summoner or ? How else can I get draken cores?

I'm not perfectly sure about that specific dungeon, but chances are the boss has a DPS check, meaning he enrages when the fight takes longer than X minutes and inevitably wipes the party.

Not quite sure what you mean by "trying to get anyone to assist me". The usual way would be to apply to a party using F8. If people don't want you because your AP is not high enough yet, you have two other options to get Draken Cores:

1. You should have a quest in your log which is called "The dead refuse to die" or something like that. You have to do three relatively easy dungeons in a specific order, then clear floor 16 of Mushin's tower. This quest gives 200 cores as a reward.

2. If you still need more, and can't get into Citadel parties, try Naryu Sanctum normal mode (using F8 again) instead. You get a box with a draken core as a reward on each clear. Since this dungeon is mainly played by fresh 55s (HM 10), your chances for a successful clear are probably not 100%, as often even there, the groups fail the DPS check on the last boss. But just do it again and again, and you will get your cores.

• 2 weeks later...

It's as Aeesha said. Last boss in Ebondrake citadel has an "enrage timer". Few second after you run out of time boss does AoE instant kill, that cannot be avoided.

The best way to do these dungeons as new player is to wait for the day when they are in daily challenge and then use LFP.

Archived