Warlock vs Warden

victor122

Hi guys. So after returning to the game, I got my new warden to level 50 HM 1, and she's now at the same level as my old warlock. I'm now finding myself in a bit of a dilemma as to which class to choose and keep playing. I enjoy both very much, both have awesome visuals, nice DPS (at least until the inevitable nerfs that the warden will most probably soon get), great party support in their respective SB buffs, and great playstyles. What draws me back to my warlock are the facts that I've never tanked before (in any MMO), and the dungeons until now were quite easy (most probably because the warden is broken). The warlock, on the other hand, is more familiar, support DPS, ranged, faster, and a bit less ping dependent (as with most ranged classes). So which would you have picked if you were in my situation?

Thanks in advance 

If you’re willing to learn to tank when you reach higher endgame then warden would be a great pick. Even if they get a dps nerf it will still be viable since it’s a tank and support class, bm doesn’t do great dps and doesn’t have a buff yet still viable. However if you don’t think you will like tanking or it just isn’t for you then stick with warlock and have warden as an alt.

You could even play warlock until you’re comfortable wih the endgame dungeons/raids then switch to warden since you would be familiar with the bosses, mechanics, etc.

Looks are personal preference. I prefer warlocks SB outfit, wardens look like you are wearing a diaper. Also white bats make no sense.

Effect on both Sbs arent that useful most classes dont need healing and only warlock is focus starved so to us Warlocks SB is better. 

Just play what you enjoy and not what you read on these forums and on reddit. Classes change all the time one will be op and then the next. Warden will get nerfed when time comes since they always let the new class be OP for a bit so people spend that sweet money dont run after dps. If you follow korea, warlocks are getting more mobility and we are so far going to helix build so we become faster and more stronger it seems too. Our sanctums will change as well.

On 10/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, Misaki said:

Looks are personal preference. I prefer warlocks SB outfit, wardens look like you are wearing a diaper. Also white bats make no sense.

Effect on both Sbs arent that useful most classes dont need healing and only warlock is focus starved so to us Warlocks SB is better. 

Just play what you enjoy and not what you read on these forums and on reddit. Classes change all the time one will be op and then the next. Warden will get nerfed when time comes since they always let the new class be OP for a bit so people spend that sweet money dont run after dps. If you follow korea, warlocks are getting more mobility and we are so far going to helix build so we become faster and more stronger it seems too. Our sanctums will change as well.

Warden's animation doesn't have bats. It has gold butterflies/glitter (sometimes it even looks like birds). SB outfit doesn't even resemble a bat, the Warden recolor looks "angelic" while the Warlock's looks evil (it's meant to resemble their thrall- not a bat) Looks are indeed personal preference, but I think both look pretty amazing.

A well played warlock will also never be focus starved. Their focus regeneration is instantaneous and it will feel like you never run out if you know how to do your rotation correctly.

If I were OP, I would go WL until the Wardens nerfs and balances hit, so you don't get used to something that is OP only to feel bad you have invested time and money in gearing it. Remember also that you can eventually play both. I'm a WL main and I don't regret the choice at all, though I think both Warden and Gunner are quite a bit of fun. But it truly is about what you enjoy and prefer to play. Maining one doesn't mean you have to drop the other completely.

Warden is more of a melee tank/heavy survival character. Warlok is more of a ranged DPS/support hybrid. I'd recommend to at least get both through all of the main story because you get some free mats along the way (or if you build their weapons, a seraph/baleful stage 9 for each) plus an extra costume before October 17. After that, it's a choice of what role you want to be in a party. Both classes have a role that require a bit more work than just plain DPS to be really useful in a party, so there's that.

Archived