Fast Keyboard on Low end pc = very responsive keyboard?

Paws2Cherish

So i have 140-180 ms in game. and i don't think i get to much fps spikes and only occasionally get ping spikes like when a lot of people use internet. I ask this question of faster keyboard because in some dungeons like the solo sundering dungeon my e or q or ss does not get read when i click on it or the game seems to respond/react to e/q/ss later. Granted I am using an old office membrane keyboard. That is why i was looking into a faster keyboard. I would like my char to move or cc right when I click on the key...

Any suggestion? Perhaps not overpriced items? I mean the huntsman and bloody are nice but are around $250.

A new keyboard probably will not affect your delay in bns. Skill delay can be affected by a variety of different factors such as the server delay in game, ping, fps, etc.. There’s even a thread on reddit about certain services running affecting skill delay that fixed the problem instantly for a lot of people. 

A $250 keyboard is also way overkill when there are much cheaper keyboards ( I have a $60 keyboard and previously had a $40 until it stopped working) that do the same thing. Unless you suspect there is an actual problem with your keyboard like buttons not working properly that’s causing skills to not go off when pressed then it’s not worth buying a new one.

Here’s the fix I was talking about if you want to check to see if it could be the issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41hg3o/psa_if_you_have_extreme_pingskill_lag_in_blade/

On 10/1/2018 at 4:36 PM, Paws2Cherish said:

Is using a 'fast' optical-mechanical switch keyboard like Razer Huntsman on a lower end pc (like i7 and gtx graphics or i7 and integrated) really fast? Is the response time affected? Or does it depend on the game regardless of the pc specs?

That keyboard is topkek; maybe just something for rich or silly people to waste their money. If you want optimal response time you should be fine with any mechanical keyboard using a PS/2 connector (analog is usually the fastest and also desired option in this case, since it allows full n key rollover). Such keyboards are avail from 50 EUR onward. I would take care that i get one with proper Cherry switches and not their chinese clones. There are a lot of keyboards on the market that offer these and PS/2 connectivity.

Save the excess money you would have spend on that Razer bling-bling-trololol for a proper gaming machine - in particular a strong CPU - or at least a fast SSD for this game.

Things that will all improve your reaction time much more: A screen with very low latency, response time, higher refresh rate (i. E. 120 HZ), faster internet, faster computer......

I think spending on better pc than a keyboard is a bit better but for now, I don't have a lot of money. Spending 250 is painful. I do enjoy the game a lot but I think even with high end pc there will be problems since I hear that the game is poorly optimized or there is server delay. Maybe with moving to a newer game engine there will be less problem? 

I don't know much about gaming keyboards and the fine details of components and etc. I just thought there must be some better keyboard (hopefully not crazy $250 but less) or some other solution where I wouldn't have to push down on a key twice as much just for my char to do the cc. 

So when a keyboard has 0.2 ms response or 30 ms response, that is a good number? wouldn't that response be longer if my ping is in the 140-180 ms range in game with ..... 5 ms screen?

13 hours ago, weaponzero said:

PS/2 connector

Heh. I suppose they still make mobos with ps/2 connectors somewhere, but that tech's been dead for over 15 years.

Anyway, those fast keyboards aren't going to make any difference in BNS or any other online game.

11 hours ago, SkyStorm said:

Heh. I suppose they still make mobos with ps/2 connectors somewhere, but that tech's been dead for over 15 years.

Anyway, those fast keyboards aren't going to make any difference in BNS or any other online game.

Heh. I suppose most highend "gaming"mainboards come with a ps/2 connector for those mechanical gaming keyboards supporting full n key rollover and low latency. Heh. 

Archived