Coming back to BNS after a long break need some info on the new classes

wild

Hi havent played for a long time and now i see there is 4 new classes and my main character summoner is changed also, want a fresh start and i want to know what are the pros and cons of the following classes:

1. Gunslinger
  2. Warden
  3. Soulfighter
  4. Warlock

I mainly play alone and try to solo as much as possible, but i dont want to continue my summoner want to try something different since from what i see level 50 isnt max anymore.

Thank you all for your answers in advance.

Not too sure about some of these but others can clarity it for you. Also depending on your ping some of these classes may not be a good choice.

Gunslinger -

Pros: alpha call (party buff reset), ranged, burst, easy rotation, good in 6v6, great mobility, and good dps.

Cons: one joint cc, lacks party utility, and bad at 1v1 (not sure about this). fire is harder to gear from raids

Warden -

Pros: support + tank, easiest tank out of the others (kfm & bm), easy rotation, good in pvp, always needed in raids, party buff (soul flare), self healing, can heal group (soul flare heals the party), great defense and cc resist skills (makes tanking way easier and your resilient shield should rarely be at 0 which means it will be very hard for you to die)

Cons: Melee, tank (though it is the easiest tank class the tanking role is difficult to some and requires dedication to learning boss attack patterns, mechanics, etc.), hp management, and requires building up meter to unlock frenzy skills (could be seen as a con to some), and slow attacks.

Soulfighter -

Pros: good dps, good in 6v6, heal & pt resurrection (good utility). needed for certain raids, easier time ranking in arena

Cons: though range and melee skills you will hardly be in ranged stance, bad at 1v1 (not sure about this), and relies on sb for dps. and may be hard to pick up on rotations.

Warlock - (Completely unsure about them since the last update)

Pros: party buff (soul burn) & other party skills, ranged, good in pvp, easy to get into raids

Cons: not in a good spot dps wise, may be hard to pick up on rotations, not many resist skills, and poor mobility.

I can't really give you a point by point on the different classes as I haven't played WL, Gunner, or Warden.  I do play a lot of SF and find it a very fun class with less leveling pains than some others.  It is far more exciting that summoner who can just stand in back and hold a button most of the time.   The general impression I have gotten from the forums is the WL is not worth it right now.   Warden are then current best thing but like all new classes will likely get nerfed at some point.  Gunners are just coming off a big nerf, but not so bad as to make unplayable, there are so many of them that they don't have much demand in raids and other areas.  Not that they don't have a great buff, but it is hard not to have a gunner in the party.

If you are planning on switching now is the time though.  This event is the best equipment advancement they have had but there may not be enough time left to get the benefits.  

Last, you really shouldn't try to solo this game.  A major portion of advancement is raiding for equipment, experience grinding, and events.  Clans offer you access to those raids, give an exp bonus if the clan is competitive, and will help carry you to complete events that are outside your characters capabilities.  Some clans are very clingy requiring your participation in lots of activities and others are more laid back.   Thus you really should try to find a clan to help you advance.  Why waste time making the game 40% harder just to be antisocial?

Archived