Forums

The Joy of PUGs

Fynn58

Being in a Clan to do dailies, raids,pvp, the top lvl dungeons is the best and smartest way to go; hands down.  Unfortunately lots of player are not in clans so they have to rely upon PUGS (Pick UP Groups). The problem with PUGs  is the players themselves... you have the impatient player who needs to do the dungeon as fast as they can: they go so fast they will more than likely kill party members just to get done. You have the player who is out for only him/her... don't count on them aiding you in any situation; and if you die expect them to leave you where you lie so they can get the dungeon done. There is the player who insults and belittles other players for making a mistake or maybe they not up on the mech, or AP, or just about anything ... they just have to rub it in.

Needless to say you name it there is a player for it... unfortunately in  playing BnS since the game opened in north america my experience with PUGs as a whole has been bad. I'm not saying that there aren't any good people playing or won't help others in PUGs; there are lots ... but as a whole PUGs are more negative than positve.  We as players need to take a more positive and constructive role in BNS; especially with PUGs .  

As for myself i need to step up too; yet my one redeeming quality is that i won't leave a injured or dead player behind in a dungeon ... i will and have gone back to help them even though it's cost me completing the dungeon and i have to do it over again.  And for that i've taken lots of hits from other players saying i'm stupid for doing it ... oh well.

I just think PUGs would be more enjoyable if people would just be nicer to one another  and help each other.

I fully agree with this statement and for once someone finally understands that NC is not to be blamed for how the community treats eachother. They are to blame for a lot of things but not for how players behave. That’s something we as a community needs to work on fixing.

I myself enjoy helping lower level players in PUGs.  I have no problems resing dead players explaining mechs or whatever. I always ask everyone to wait for the tardy or slow loading player. If the party will not wait, I just walk myself directly into the fire. If they are impatient enough to be down two party members, I have no problems watching the show while cooking myself in the fire. Usually one or two intentional fire deaths is enough to get their attention and force polite manners.  

reminds me to good ol days in MSP, right about the time when I stopped raiding at all:

fun peoples, bored and high in lvl were just semi-afk camping the turtle spot and let other do the spawn mech... as soon as turtle spawned they just engaged and did their best to kill it before those on shrooms service be around for the quest update. Ofc those with messed quests just left after, so next rounds been even more painful...

This is the story of pretty much every "coop" game out there when running with randoms. It's why I do them only on lower tier stuff, where either efficiency is not needed, or where everyone else is in a similar situation (like, being new and not being used to the dungeon). It's one of the main reasons (alongside m being bad at gaming) why I refrained from doing actual end game. I prefer to miss out and not enjoy quite possibly the most important portion of the game for the sake of my sanity and the well being of a couple of brain cells.

Archived