Is it worth still playing BnS?

darthBaal

And most importantly, it is worth to buy premium acc or so? According to me not!

I've been playing for the third year, and those who have not stopped playing play, even the most brash supporters of BnS will stop playing ...

There is a huge amount of bugs in the game, and instead of fixing it, it's all about how to squeeze out the players as much money as possible, but creditcard warriors will not have the trouble to fight only between themselves, and so they will also leave because they will not have someone to kill...

The game had a tremendous potential, an incredible number of locations, but now there are only 5-6 top dungeons and raids, otherwise there is nothing at all to be done in the game.

There is no need for a player in the lower dungeons, but a huge amount of them is very interesting, but why should anyone walk 10x 100x 1000x when the weight of the achievement points is zero?

Farm monsters like most other games do not have any value here, because either of them has nothing to crack or it's so pondering that it's no good to go see the SSP ...

PvP is vastly unbalanced ...

The last part of the story is a mockery of the players, you are a master with a lot of experience, and you are so stupid that you take children on a mission, even if they warn you of a possible trap? You do not know how to teach your children defense, and if you do not, you can not protect them, because every jerk dabbles you and you have the strength and experience gathered from the entire BnS world, so what are you like a trot? In addition, in the story, you have not the slightest possibility to influence anything.

As long as she was the main Jinsoyun, the game had an amazing epic story, but on?

Perhaps if I had finished the game with defeating the villain and the game ended, I would have done better because everything that came then was just one more frustration than the other ...

I think you are vastly exaggerating.

There arent that many bugs in the game. Also a game is as much fun to play as you make it to be yourself. Trove is a reoccuring quarterly thing, its been there for 2 years now, its standard. Its not milking players, you are free to choose to spend money or not you are not forced in any way.

achievements are mostly for hardcore grinders. If you dont want to do it then dont, you do not have to at all.

As for PVP: with the proper PVP gear its not really unbalanced at all. It becomes unbalanced the moment PVE heroes come in with no PVP gear and get 1 shot.

Confused on why you ask if it is still worth playing if (judging by the content of your post) you’ve clearly made up your mind that it isn’t worth playing.

No one can tell you what is worth playing, we all have different opinions on what something is worth.

PvP oh yes i just luv getting trashed by the Macro Warriors .... pvp gear or not.  And there are bugs, and lag..lag...lag and lag spikes on a daily basis with people being constantly disconnected from the server.  Trove is for the pay to win warriors .... it's also a Carnival Hustle with computers :  pay us enough money an maybe ...just maybe you might get something that worthwhile just buy those keys at $50.00 a pop make BnS proud and rich.  They gutted the lower dungeons of any reasonable gold and treasure .... mostly just garbage now. And just recently they trashed the legendary jewelry making the ring and necklace a joke for stats and killing their ability to be upgraded .... lets hear it for them.

i have friends who play and i play to be with them ... the graphics are excellent, the story line is good. But the developers constantly screwing up Player Classes and items for whatever reason and catering to the PAY - To - Win Players is disheartening.  I can almost state as a fact that sometime down the line they will nerf the hell out of the Warden Class

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

achievements are mostly for hardcore grinders. If you dont want to do it then dont, you do not have to at all.

Really?  You need at least several or you get some items you want...but for most of them, pretty worthless.  Why not have them be worth something useful?  Few are.  But most, nothing.  How about having achievement points adding to HM points at the rate of 100-500 to 1?  I.e. An extra 5 HM points for 500, 1250, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, ... I dunno what would be right, but might generate more interest in acquiring them.

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

As for PVP: with the proper PVP gear its not really unbalanced at all. It becomes unbalanced the moment PVE heroes come in with no PVP gear and get 1 shot.

So what gear do you take in with you in 1:1 ?  Some higher level players find PvE equip better for them than PvP, maybe its class related?

But in 6's, it would be nice if the groups could be more balanced.  You see HM18+HM20 in 1 group and other group w/max HM16, it's very likely the 18+20 will take their team to a win and be close to undefeatable regardless of equip type -- cuz at those lvls, they likely have TT gear which I'd take a full set of over current PvP gear any day.

As for the trove -- not very interesting if you are looking for things to help your tt game.  If you use it to bring up alts because of the 1-week cool-down on raids, you might find something interest, but a 1 week waiting period to do anything towards advancing your character really sucks.  Doesn't really matter how many low-level dungeons you do -- won't help  you progress and progression experience is limited to a few hours/week.  Not cool!  I need to get in and practice multiple times/week.  And the drop rates on items sucks.  They only way people get items is when they nerf the requirements to let you buy them from a vendor after 10 runs.  The 100 run requirement was crazy. 

Now I thought I might try getting more pvp gear (but it hasn't helped so far), and find I need a remembrance neck that only seems available from Master Hong?  And I personally, know of no one who has seen it drop, so the chances on it have to be pretty small, not to mention clearing that quest is very difficult for most people.  If you have a high enough ping or are over ~25, very hard.

The dungeons are all reaction time based on how well you copy someone else doing mechs.  They would all be done real well by a robot or an AI.  That's it.  "knowing the mechs" is how well you copy some preset pattern like a dance step, but with no 'think' time for reacting.  The spell list/ability list is virtually non-existent.  It's not like you could exercise intelligence and come up with a vastly different combo or  solution to any of the dungeons -- they are all very limited and pretty much preset by what you see in a video.

Basically, people are told to watch a video and be able to execute the moves w/o thinking.  Then you'll do good at this game if you have the right equipment.  Randomness in dungeons is mostly based on the bosses reaction to the people.  For bosses, it's more like whether they jump on the east side or the west side 1st (not literally, but what order they jump in, etc).

The characters are very controlled & limited.  Can't be a merged-class, in fact if you try to use both pvp and pve gear at same time because you think defense is usually a good thing in dungeons, you'll be labeled a troll.  There is no real range class...range means the boss or opponent can't jump on top of you in 1 move -- which most bosses and classes can.  I could go on, but what's the point unless there was some desire to fix it, but unless they want to give me development access I don't see that happening.  Heck -- right now, it's been 2 system maintenance periods and the info on gunners is still broken?  How many gunners have I seen tossed cuz they weren't high enough level (cuz you can't look at their equipment).

That's funny actually -- a few months back I made the statement that someone's HM level was a reasonable heuristic for determining their experience and to some extent, equip...someone argued against the point, but eventually had to allow that people using HM level was a likely and somewhat useful mechanism for a snap-first evaluation.  Now, it's the only evaluation.  Just goes to show that people will use whatever is available -- whether or not it is accurate.  Sigh.  No, I am not one who gets kicked for being too low level -- opening my mouth and admitting lack of perfection?  Maybe, but usually if I don't say anything I'm fine in all but 2 dungeons -- and even one of those I know the mechs well enough to be accused of "faking them"...what a laugh.  That goes back to my assertion that there is a difference between knowing the mechs and being able to perform them flawlessly time-after-time.  Unfortunately, this game has no mechanism for being able to practice without going in with a group.  Most clans that I know of don't do progressive or learning runs on the harder dungeons...have heard of a few that do, but they are rare.

If they want to make things more accessible -- have a difficulty slider we can adjust that reduces or increases damage taken (and opposite w/damage dealt) exponentially, like the equip and lvls increase and lower stats.  Same slider changes instant-death to a % of hits.  THEN you want to get credit for accomplishments -- slider goes to 'normal' position and stays there for the run.  But yes, slider can increase difficulty so we can practice for hard mode.  

Another idea -- allow us to go in with a party of NPC's that can be set to the equivalent of some level and that we can direct to a specific role in the dungeon.  Parties of people take on specific roles in harder dungeons and raids, that dynamic can be mimicked -- then more people can learn to do the more complex dynamics and the whole game becomes more accessible to more people.  Do that, and it may very well not be necessary to nerf down some things that are or will be toned down.  

I can see some elites not liking that idea because more people would be able to access areas that only they could before, but they don't want to spend time teaching beginners....it's something ideal for "CAI":  "Computer Assisted Instruction".  

As for the story line -- prior to this installment, I used to tell players, enjoy the story, it's the best part of the game.  Not sure I can say that after this last installment.  I really felt more like a Hong Moon Zero than Hero -- so many bad decisions, and such an astonishing lack of power -- if we are the new master, how come we don't become some 16-20ft giant with a ripped physique, or crazy strong abilities.  Since when has a gunner NOT been able to block using the sides of their weaps to deflect anything as well as a blade warrior, or use bullet storm as a shield that deflect incoming damage or that can enable flying by shooting in the reverse direction.

Check out the game play in animated series, "The King's Avatar".  So many awesome moves in that game.  Just being able to do an action while in the air would be a nice addition.  

if you want to have fun, you can play blade&soul and don't care about any current contents like new dungeons and raids and just chill with friedns or pvp in arena.
if you want to compete and be up to date, swipe and you gud. You don't need to learn anything about your class in 6v6, if you swipe you are invincible! (that's sadly the truth.)

Yes, it's been a long time, but what about the P2W packages that are not exactly the same? Just to make something interesting for a player, he thinks how to pull the money out before it's over ...

I liked the SSP very much, but now it does not cost to do because the rewards are ridiculous ... Dungeons like the Heavenly Mandate have a reward significantly lower than the drop ...

The Silverfrost dungeon has no value to go even for the daily reward.

PvP Arena - Maybe I'm just a weak player, but it just seems like some players have the attacks programmed.

PvP 6v6 - there is the extreme disparity when on one side you have a team composed of HM 9-13 and against them it throws 2x HM18 ... Mainly it then weaker team strongly demorale ...

On 9/28/2018 at 11:07 PM, Astarae said:

Really?  You need at least several or you get some items you want...but for most of them, pretty worthless.  Why not have them be worth something useful?  Few are.  But most, nothing.  How about having achievement points adding to HM points at the rate of 100-500 to 1?  I.e. An extra 5 HM points for 500, 1250, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, ... I dunno what would be right, but might generate more interest in acquiring them.

So what gear do you take in with you in 1:1 ?  Some higher level players find PvE equip better for them than PvP, maybe its class related?

But in 6's, it would be nice if the groups could be more balanced.  You see HM18+HM20 in 1 group and other group w/max HM16, it's very likely the 18+20 will take their team to a win and be close to undefeatable regardless of equip type -- cuz at those lvls, they likely have TT gear which I'd take a full set of over current PvP gear any day.

As for the trove -- not very interesting if you are looking for things to help your tt game.  If you use it to bring up alts because of the 1-week cool-down on raids, you might find something interest, but a 1 week waiting period to do anything towards advancing your character really sucks.  Doesn't really matter how many low-level dungeons you do -- won't help  you progress and progression experience is limited to a few hours/week.  Not cool!  I need to get in and practice multiple times/week.  And the drop rates on items sucks.  They only way people get items is when they nerf the requirements to let you buy them from a vendor after 10 runs.  The 100 run requirement was crazy. 

Now I thought I might try getting more pvp gear (but it hasn't helped so far), and find I need a remembrance neck that only seems available from Master Hong?  And I personally, know of no one who has seen it drop, so the chances on it have to be pretty small, not to mention clearing that quest is very difficult for most people.  If you have a high enough ping or are over ~25, very hard.

The dungeons are all reaction time based on how well you copy someone else doing mechs.  They would all be done real well by a robot or an AI.  That's it.  "knowing the mechs" is how well you copy some preset pattern like a dance step, but with no 'think' time for reacting.  The spell list/ability list is virtually non-existent.  It's not like you could exercise intelligence and come up with a vastly different combo or  solution to any of the dungeons -- they are all very limited and pretty much preset by what you see in a video.

Basically, people are told to watch a video and be able to execute the moves w/o thinking.  Then you'll do good at this game if you have the right equipment.  Randomness in dungeons is mostly based on the bosses reaction to the people.  For bosses, it's more like whether they jump on the east side or the west side 1st (not literally, but what order they jump in, etc).

The characters are very controlled & limited.  Can't be a merged-class, in fact if you try to use both pvp and pve gear at same time because you think defense is usually a good thing in dungeons, you'll be labeled a troll.  There is no real range class...range means the boss or opponent can't jump on top of you in 1 move -- which most bosses and classes can.  I could go on, but what's the point unless there was some desire to fix it, but unless they want to give me development access I don't see that happening.  Heck -- right now, it's been 2 system maintenance periods and the info on gunners is still broken?  How many gunners have I seen tossed cuz they weren't high enough level (cuz you can't look at their equipment).

That's funny actually -- a few months back I made the statement that someone's HM level was a reasonable heuristic for determining their experience and to some extent, equip...someone argued against the point, but eventually had to allow that people using HM level was a likely and somewhat useful mechanism for a snap-first evaluation.  Now, it's the only evaluation.  Just goes to show that people will use whatever is available -- whether or not it is accurate.  Sigh.  No, I am not one who gets kicked for being too low level -- opening my mouth and admitting lack of perfection?  Maybe, but usually if I don't say anything I'm fine in all but 2 dungeons -- and even one of those I know the mechs well enough to be accused of "faking them"...what a laugh.  That goes back to my assertion that there is a difference between knowing the mechs and being able to perform them flawlessly time-after-time.  Unfortunately, this game has no mechanism for being able to practice without going in with a group.  Most clans that I know of don't do progressive or learning runs on the harder dungeons...have heard of a few that do, but they are rare.

If they want to make things more accessible -- have a difficulty slider we can adjust that reduces or increases damage taken (and opposite w/damage dealt) exponentially, like the equip and lvls increase and lower stats.  Same slider changes instant-death to a % of hits.  THEN you want to get credit for accomplishments -- slider goes to 'normal' position and stays there for the run.  But yes, slider can increase difficulty so we can practice for hard mode.  

Another idea -- allow us to go in with a party of NPC's that can be set to the equivalent of some level and that we can direct to a specific role in the dungeon.  Parties of people take on specific roles in harder dungeons and raids, that dynamic can be mimicked -- then more people can learn to do the more complex dynamics and the whole game becomes more accessible to more people.  Do that, and it may very well not be necessary to nerf down some things that are or will be toned down.  

I can see some elites not liking that idea because more people would be able to access areas that only they could before, but they don't want to spend time teaching beginners....it's something ideal for "CAI":  "Computer Assisted Instruction".  

As for the story line -- prior to this installment, I used to tell players, enjoy the story, it's the best part of the game.  Not sure I can say that after this last installment.  I really felt more like a Hong Moon Zero than Hero -- so many bad decisions, and such an astonishing lack of power -- if we are the new master, how come we don't become some 16-20ft giant with a ripped physique, or crazy strong abilities.  Since when has a gunner NOT been able to block using the sides of their weaps to deflect anything as well as a blade warrior, or use bullet storm as a shield that deflect incoming damage or that can enable flying by shooting in the reverse direction.

Check out the game play in animated series, "The King's Avatar".  So many awesome moves in that game.  Just being able to do an action while in the air would be a nice addition.  

you complete do not understand this game it seems....

ok so...

1v1 is equalized. Classes are fairly balanced you should have no issue getting into mid silver ranks. After gold it will be getting harder. Ofc ping players a huge roll.

Trove - idk what the hell you are talking about but trove helps your tt game a lot. you can get granjd celestial wings for upgrades, for the soulshield pieces, a lot of materials, legendary jewels and so on. Trove helps a lot if you use the materials for your upgrades instead of trying to make a profit.

6v6...there is literally no difference between a HM18 and HM20 asside from a few AP...what matters most in 6v6 is PVP gear and not HM points.

Class controls are really really good. If you get jumped on by the boss that proves you have no clue of mechanics in dungeons because bosses in this game only jump on you if you are too far away or targeted for a special mechanic. so dont blame the game just get good.

As for the NPC's in dungeons...thats stupid. you have a HM trainijng room with bosses, thats where you practice boss rotations.

Also HM level does not determine in any way shape or form someones experience in the game. Neither does gear. All of what you state are simply things you are doing wrong, not issues with the game.

Před 17 minutami Grimoir řekl:

6v6 ... tam je doslova žádný rozdíl mezi HM18 a HM20 Asside z několika AP ... co je nejdůležitější v 6v6 je PVP zařízení a ne HM tělo.

Yes 18 and 20 are not very different, but the HM9-13 team does not have a chance against a team that has 2x HM18

10 hours ago, darthBaal said:

Yes 18 and 20 are not very different, but the HM9-13 team does not have a chance against a team that has 2x HM18

If they have PVP gear they have a very good chance. Doesnt matter if its HM13 or HM 25 all they do is add AP. With proper PVP gear thats not an issue at all.

Když mají PvP zařízení, ale převážně HM 9-12 PvP zařízení nemají maximální galaxii nebo nízké stoupající úrovně ... Ale je to proti nim s endgame PvP geare hráči ... Kromě toho, kde mají tito hráči PvP Ozubené kolo? Když do BG přichází nováček, stěžuje si, protože oslabil tým, ale nemůže to udělat, protože NCshit nemůže zajistit, aby týmy byly vyvážené, když je umístí do jediného týmu slabého hráče, takže místo toho jiný tým má slabý, oba dali jeden tým a výsledek je, že hrajete 4 vs 6, 3 vs 6 atd., které jednoduše nemůže vyhrát ...

Google translate:

When they have PvP devices but mostly HM 9-12 PvP devices have no maximum galaxy or low rising levels ... But it is against them with endgame PvP geare players ... In addition to where do these PvP Gears have? When a newcomer comes to BG, he complains because he has weakened the team but can not do it because NCshit can not ensure that the teams are balanced when placing them in a single weak team, so instead another team is weak, both have given one team and The result is that you play 4 vs. 6, 3 vs 6 etc., which simply can not win ...

Shortly NO.
Otherwise depends. Developers do not really listen to players that is the major issue. Many in-game issues are being solved really really late. For example moonstone issue is just being handled now (if you can call that handled ofc, still no reliable method to farm them. LET PEOPLE FARM FFS) even though it is been an issue since they introduced them.
They added bound versions of items like oils and pet pots saying that would increase their acquisition rate. We are still waiting.
They openly turn a blind eye to issues. They are just not transparent enough. Your community updates are really slow and rare. Try to up those rates. Talk to community.
Dungeon designs are repetitive. Not many new designs, 2-3 bosses, same rotations, mech phases(Please not anymore single inside-outside ring F***ING attack, it's like everywhere nowadays. Be creative peeps, if not ask community)
Money to money-sink ratio is good, so no inflation threat I can see of. Yay, I guess.

Events are bad. Just bad. The last event maybe the first good event in past year.
Lag and lag spikes are another thing. The game never seen a good day on that regard especially on EU. And they even merged servers to plug the holes that leaking money which only fueled lag even more.
Game isn't that buggy, thankfully, but the adaption quality from Korea is just pure flaming ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. Translation jobs are not very good(warden tooltips are good example). Anything Ncwest tries just breaks the game. The only frustrating issue, which is a big one, is constant crashing. Still waiting a reply peeps, at least apologize for you shitty job.
Pvp in game is dead. Sadly dead. If you don't believe me check the pvp section of forum. There are people complaining they are waiting in queues for half and hour or so to just get a single match. That's considering game is being advertised as a "Esport" is just sad. Also they will also add a battle royale mode in future which to me shows they are just following trends.
6v6 cannot really be considered as pvp. Whales will pve you out of this realm. Adding to that matchmaking still a capital ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. Game will match whale team with bronze team. Only skill you need to win is swipe.
Class balance... Oh god. The issue with this they are trying to balance both pve and pvp at the same F****NG time. Try to fix pvp, pve get rekt. Try to buff a class since they deal ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ for damage in pve, they become meta on pvp. They balance with items but since not everyone has easy access to all items in the game, and since you need to be somewhat revelant to be even able to get those items are not really good way of going. Destroyers suck before getting to raven and they are not exactly handing the raven items out (Not with those prism prices, good job ncsoft, at least you tried)
Community was really really REALLY bad. One of the top toxic communities in the mmorpg genre (from this wall of text, myself included) Nowadays it got better somehow. But don't expect too much they don't exactly welcome you with open arms.
Game is still fun, combat is one of the best of it's class, if it weren't to be UE3 it could be the best. Let's see how UE4 will be.
Also ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ the story. Story ended when jinsoyun defeated. Rest is filler. Like bleach. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ bleach.

There are people still playing and enjoying this game. It is not unplayable, it is just not that good aside from the combat. That's the only thing keeps the game alive.
I write this in a go (with a burning fury since I just crashed, I may have biased) so forgive any mistakes.

EDIT: After crashing few more times, just go. Don't even approach. Game is just bad.

On 9/30/2018 at 10:25 PM, Grimoir said:

you complete do not understand this game it seems....

ok so...

1v1 is equalized. Classes are fairly balanced you should have no issue getting into mid silver ranks. After gold it will be getting harder. Ofc ping players a huge roll.

Trove - idk what the hell you are talking about but trove helps your tt game a lot. you can get granjd celestial wings for upgrades, for the soulshield pieces, a lot of materials, legendary jewels and so on. Trove helps a lot if you use the materials for your upgrades instead of trying to make a profit.

6v6...there is literally no difference between a HM18 and HM20 asside from a few AP...what matters most in 6v6 is PVP gear and not HM points.

Class controls are really really good. If you get jumped on by the boss that proves you have no clue of mechanics in dungeons because bosses in this game only jump on you if you are too far away or targeted for a special mechanic. so dont blame the game just get good.

As for the NPC's in dungeons...thats stupid. you have a HM trainijng room with bosses, thats where you practice boss rotations.

Also HM level does not determine in any way shape or form someones experience in the game. Neither does gear. All of what you state are simply things you are doing wrong, not issues with the game.

1v1 isnt balanced at all. I play bm for a year and summoner for a few months, i learned some combos on my bm and still cant manage to get gold ranked in 1v1 and on my summoner alt which i dont play as much at all and where i dont know any pvp combos i get gold ranked in 2 wins. Is this balance? I thought all classes had equal chance to get gold in arena, but getting gold on a summoner that i dont know how to play is way easier than a bm which i play for months. 

19 hours ago, i wanna die said:

1v1 isnt balanced at all. I play bm for a year and summoner for a few months, i learned some combos on my bm and still cant manage to get gold ranked in 1v1 and on my summoner alt which i dont play as much at all and where i dont know any pvp combos i get gold ranked in 2 wins. Is this balance? I thought all classes had equal chance to get gold in arena, but getting gold on a summoner that i dont know how to play is way easier than a bm which i play for months. 

that just means you had bad oponents thats all. If you cannoit learn to be good as bm in arena thats a skill problem not a balance problem

19 hours ago, i wanna die said:

Summoners perform worse than bm though in arena, after getting to gold it becomes very difficult for a sum to advance any further since sums are pretty predictable and most know how to play against them meanwhile a bm can rank much higher. 

I'm playing Summoner, and at the start of the new season, it's easy to get gold, but otherwise countdown to the silver rank is retarded! Once you lose the same rank and you have to beat the same rank 2x to have the same results, this is rank for new players as NCshit claims?

Archived