schupunk

how can a forcemaster block orbs in snowjade weekly?

schupunk   

how can a forcemaster block orbs in snowjade weekly?

nothing seemed to work. no websites that show how.

where can i practice blocking orbs?

Use impact.  Move 1 works fine for this.  And since there is no cd you can get both orbs easily.  Since impact's range is so short you need to let the orbs get almost right on top of you before you use it.  If you miss you take a good amount of damage since you will get hit by the orb.  As for training, you can select impact in the training room.  You can keep running it until you get the timing down.  Another idea is to aggro mobs in CB (especially the ones that throw their swords) and get the timing down blocking them using impact. 

Edited by Deadly Intent

Ishtar   

If you fm it, don't block, not recommended, leave it to others (well unless you have good eyesight, reflects and ping). If you block i'm pretty sure 90% of times you get burnt instead. 

schupunk   

47 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Use impact.

If you fm it, don't block, not recommended, leave it to others, 90% fails

if i can succeed just once, then i can extraplolate the timing more and better in the future, so far 100% failed for 3 weeks.  if AP1000 takes 6 hour online to find a party,  finding a party for a fresh made AP880 takes exponentially long like 6 ^2 = 36 hours, this is why I don't do weekly anymore unless the upgrade to a legendary gear is possible. if i can't at least contribute stuns, knockdowns, blocking orbs, this is a big problem,  FM is just bad at these.

2 hours ago, Deadly Intent said:

Why don’t you try using your tab when in fire stance? The timing is a great deal more lenient than it used to be and you don’t even have to turn to face the orb to do it. You can simply continue hitting the boss and press tab when it’s time to parry the orb, without turning around. The catch to being able to block both orbs is to not block the first orb at the very last second since you won’t trigger the cooldown reduction to make the skill refresh in time for the next orb.

Kizoren   

Fire Storm (Fire tab) can also be used to block the orbs. This is what I usually use. Its easier to land than Impact and allows you to speck Shock Fire if you need the burn. 

Annysan   

Also as a side note, you can only use impact move one to block the orbs, if you got the hm version of it. the normal one will not block the orbs. So if you don't have the hm version, stick to your fire tab .

6 hours ago, Ishtar said:

If you fm it, don't block, not recommended, leave it to others (well unless you have good eyesight, reflects and ping). If you block i'm pretty sure 90% of times you get burnt instead. 

Hahaha... sure. Because most people don't just brainlessly DPS and rely on someone else to block the orbs for them (causing a wipe).

Ishtar   
1 hour ago, SilverFoxR said:

Hahaha... sure. Because most people don't just brainlessly DPS and rely on someone else to block the orbs for them (causing a wipe).

One missed orb doesn't wipe party, it only happen when half the party or the whole party is brainstorming.

Just line up with a class that can easily block the orb, (i.e gunslinger/wl)

If only they make fm block like gunslinger or wl block would make ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ a lot easier, but no. fm got to deal with 50%50 either success or die trying lol

Edited by Ishtar

As other people said, try using impact move 1 of you have the HM skill, stay still and let the orb get almost onto you. Once you get the timing, it's easy. I used Tab before I had the HM skill, but now I do use Impact move 1 all the time and it works very well. 

Nenuviel   

In my personal opinion( if you are a fire Fm) i dont recomend using 1 on block simple cause you cant cast instant inferno and thats the main source of damage of fire stance, best choice is use your fire tab it became really easy to use it when they change it and if u sucessful block it reduces its coldown by 6 secs wich is enough time to block again when another orbs spawns and the best thing is u can constantly continue dpsing, u dont even need to turn to the orb u can block from all directions(front, sides,back whatever) just press tab when orbs are near and done.. i personally block anything either weeklies or range tank in VT or whatever aoes that are blocklable i always use tab making not waste iframes so fire tab all the way baby ;3

6 hours ago, Ishtar said:

One missed orb doesn't wipe party, it only happen when half the party or the whole party is brainstorming.

Just line up with a class that can easily block the orb, (i.e gunslinger/wl)

If only they make fm block like gunslinger or wl block would make ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ a lot easier, but no. fm got to deal with 50%50 either success or die trying lol

The thing is that a lot of times, you have brainless DPSers who think they can rely on other people to block the orbs. Have too many of those in a party and it all falls apart. The best thing to do is to ensure you're attempting to put the work in and not depend on the party to do your role for you.

All classes have some way of doing mechs. Learn and practice them for yours.

MCWang   

I know I'm months late, but I'm surprised only 1 response mentions using fire Tab, which makes me to think most of you are not FM mains.  Even as a frost FM, I use fire Tab to block rather than speccing 1 as a block (and I do have HM version for block in case I need to tank something).  If you block the first orb as it is coming out, you have plenty of time to tab again for the second orb.