Warden is Weak

ARC-1276

One approach skill, inconsistent buffs, inconsistent CCs, extremely slow cast times, two block breakers with one being inconsistent about its stun casting and the other takes a full 2 seconds to cast, and its only defense skill is a block that doesn't parry, with its only pros being high damage if it does land a hit (which is a huge if) and its huge HP pool (which can be melted easily because it has only one escape), and on top of that, you can CC a Warden in Blade Ward even if they have the Resilience buff active, even though the skill says you'll resist everything.

WTF. The class on paper is pretty broken, but in practice it's the worst thing I've ever seen added into the game. At least with things like SF and FM they have consistency with their skills, but this thing is completely broken, fix it.

Are you actually lost? Warden is one of the most powerful classes at the moment, the only thing that really counters it is BD which btw, IS A SINGLE CLASS. Stop complaining if you don't understand the class fully. Shouldn't it be obvious the class is insanely good if 90% of the plats in arena right now are wardens? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

:tmi:

5 hours ago, qbzz said:

Are you actually lost? Warden is one of the most powerful classes at the moment, the only thing that really counters it is BD which btw, IS A SINGLE CLASS. Stop complaining if you don't understand the class fully. Shouldn't it be obvious the class is insanely good if 90% of the plats in arena right now are wardens? 

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

It can be 100% it does make a difference if most of those are just pro players on their alts who’ve done nothing but play Warden.

The class isn’t the most powerful thing in the game, Des, Sins, and even Summoners have had a good time killing them for the simple reason that the class is slow and immobile most of the time. It has pathetically predictable attacks and Blade Ward only has such a far reach before the effect is no longer being applied. 

The class ads can easily be beat by simply keeping your distance and just dodging, which isn’t very hard considering how predictable it’s attacks are and it’s lack approach skills.

Ill admit two things: it’s reilience (pun not intended) is insane, and it deals a lot of damage, too much damage. 

Otherwise we just have a slower BM, with a worse emberstomp.

7 hours ago, ARC-1276 said:

It can be 100% it does make a difference if most of those are just pro players on their alts who’ve done nothing but play Warden.

The class isn’t the most powerful thing in the game, Des, Sins, and even Summoners have had a good time killing them for the simple reason that the class is slow and immobile most of the time. It has pathetically predictable attacks and Blade Ward only has such a far reach before the effect is no longer being applied. 

The class ads can easily be beat by simply keeping your distance and just dodging, which isn’t very hard considering how predictable it’s attacks are and it’s lack approach skills.

Ill admit two things: it’s reilience (pun not intended) is insane, and it deals a lot of damage, too much damage. 

Otherwise we just have a slower BM, with a worse emberstomp.

What you type here just proves you are bad at PVP....

20 hours ago, ARC-1276 said:

WTF. The class on paper is pretty broken, but in practice it's the worst thing I've ever seen added into the game. At least with things like SF and FM they have consistency with their skills, but this thing is completely broken, fix it.

That is TOO funny, several people in my clan have/are playing wardens, and think they are way "op".  At HM10-11, they can go in and pretty much 1-shot any other character.  I haven't gone up against any yet, nor, being a yun, can I such a class, but the range of opinions from yours of weakness to  others calling it too "op", is a bit amusing.   Maybe ping and/or equip and/or practice related?

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Naw....there are other factors too.  That you don't know that indicates your lack of experience... :giggle:  

(sorry...couldn't resist a counter dig -- why does everyone assume if you complain about probs, its your skill, but if you do well, its because of how whale you are or your ping?

:hmph:

A?a

10 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I think you weren't reading what I was saying.

The class is hard to master because it's slow. If you want easy, perhaps you should try picking up SF and climbing the ladder with that, because from what I can tell there's only 3 classes to worry about with SF: FM, Des, and maybe GS. All three of which can still be beaten if you choose Earth build or play your cards right. (I know because I've done it, beating top 5 Des on SF, and top 10 FM on SF, with one of those being before the buffs). 

It's not a matter of my skill, it's a matter of the class being easy to counter if you know the timing. So basically what I'm saying is, if you're losing to Warden, remember to avoid fighting Blade Ward and git gud, because there's no excuse for getting hit by its attacks unless the Warden has perfect timing.

5 hours ago, Astarae said:

That is TOO funny, several people in my clan have/are playing wardens, and think they are way "op".  At HM10-11, they can go in and pretty much 1-shot any other character.  I haven't gone up against any yet, nor, being a yun, can I such a class, but the range of opinions from yours of weakness to  others calling it too "op", is a bit amusing.   Maybe ping and/or equip and/or practice related?

We're talking Arena. In arena it's easily countered by highly mobile classes that have plenty of iframes to spare and can engage from out of range of its V. It has the same block as BM, has one escape and its attacks aren't even that scary if you can consistently avoid them, and given things like KFM block spam, BM block spam, sin's counter, and so on, it's possible to out last a Warden in the neutral. 

15 hours ago, Astarae said:

Naw....there are other factors too.  That you don't know that indicates your lack of experience... :giggle:  

(sorry...couldn't resist a counter dig -- why does everyone assume if you complain about probs, its your skill, but if you do well, its because of how whale you are or your ping?

A?a

Agreed. It's like NCsoft can make the weakest class in the world but give it a single really cheese move, and everyone says it's OP. Then I could walk in say "Well actually it's got these problems" and everyone will tell me "Git Gud".

Now, the title of this thread is basically clickbait as I don't think Warden is that weak, it just has some serious things that I think holds it from the OP spot.

Warden is not weak in pvp, ye sure if u meat someone in a range class who knows what they are doing then it can be a pain to get close but else I say it's fine. May even be alittle Op in some parts. But then again iam in silver class so no idea how it would look if i got into gold 

On 27/09/2018 at 9:03 PM, qbzz said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I knew it bd was it, when I fought warrior first time on bd it was chill, compare to other classes CANCER.

On 9/28/2018 at 4:36 PM, Astarae said:

A?a

xD

Well....just reading it proves he was bad....and no if you do well its not cause ur a whale, its cause you play a brainded class LMAO xD

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 1:27 PM, Grimoir said:

xD

Well....just reading it proves he was bad....and no if you do well its not cause ur a whale, its cause you play a brainded class LMAO xD

It doesn't prove that I'm bad, it proves that I'm good. I was able to quickly break down the strengths and weakness of a class that just came out. Playing Warden is far from an easy task, especially against certain classes. However, there are some classes have are just laughably easy to kill, and there are some that are impossible.

It's not invincible, and making the mistake of thinking you are, sets you up for a constant streak of failures.

1st week after release i got until floor 94 in TOI (and with my main class i only got to floor 84 using everything i have) and in this time i don't have experience with Warden, so for me its not weak class. And most pvp arena balanced matches i watch with warden vs other was 75% warden wins (KR and NA/EU)

• 2 weeks later...

If the warden is weak, then what are the other classes?! Warden is in 6 in 6 brutal OP class, the same in 1 in 1. It has twice as much life, it does not stun, not KD, it does not have even top gear and it can be measured with endgame PvP gear players and it only has HM10 -12 and a raven / ascendant weapon ... I know he was pretty bloody at KFM because he has a million resists and Gunslinger because he has hooks, but this is just OP and needs a totally brutal nerf or all the other big buff.

On 9/27/2018 at 7:53 PM, ARC-1276 said:

you can CC a Warden in Blade Ward even if they have the Resilience buff active, even though the skill says you'll resist everything.

Just this one sentence shows me how little knowledge you have of the class. Learn your class first, and then discuss about its weaknesses.

This class is beyond broken, in PVP aswell as in PVE and 6v6. There is no way you can be serious about this. It has a 3 hit defense penetrating ability that deals 8k per hit. THROUGH BLOCK.

Its Guard Break on F also works on ground-countering enemies which 90% of the classes lost because its "too strong".

You have Blade ward 80% of the fight up which boosts your damage + gives you an easy way to PVE classes down without any struggle by not being CC'able and getting 70% less damage while having around 70k hp. (exception for this is maybe SIN)

Blade Ward doesnt just do that but it gives you COMPLETE CC Immunity, just just like Destroyers Emberstomp or Warlocks Sanctum, which lets you resist Stun, Daze and Knockdown, but also Knockback and Knockup !

Even your damn I-Frame is defense penetrating and deals around 8k with the last hit. 

1 Damn Aircombo deals around 30-40%.

With your KB 4 you have free 15k Untabbable Damage because your enemies are caught in a stupid knockback animation.

When you still want to say that your class is weak, then tell me what makes other classes so "strong" ?

On 9/28/2018 at 3:42 PM, ARC-1276 said:

I think you weren't reading what I was saying.

The class is hard to master because it's slow. If you want easy, perhaps you should try picking up SF and climbing the ladder with that, because from what I can tell there's only 3 classes to worry about with SF: FM, Des, and maybe GS. All three of which can still be beaten if you choose Earth build or play your cards right. (I know because I've done it, beating top 5 Des on SF, and top 10 FM on SF, with one of those being before the buffs). 

It's not a matter of my skill, it's a matter of the class being easy to counter if you know the timing. So basically what I'm saying is, if you're losing to Warden, remember to avoid fighting Blade Ward and git gud, because there's no excuse for getting hit by its attacks unless the Warden has perfect timing.

alright I can agree with you on saying warden is weak cause I've beaten that class on pretty much any of the classes I play as or have way less trouble fighting them unlike Sins, WL, or BD, But saying SF is an easy class to climb with in arena is totally wrong, their not bad but their definitely not easy for arena compared to the other broken classes ( sins, des, wl and BD). you really need to know what your doing as SF in arena or else you will get recked easily by one of the other said broken classes. I'd say the only classes that SF has a good match up against are Wardens, BM's and gunslingers any of the other classes though your not gonna have an easy time against.

2 hours ago, Ujarac said:

alright I can agree with you on saying warden is weak cause I've beaten that class on pretty much any of the classes I play as or have way less trouble fighting them unlike Sins, WL, or BD, But saying SF is an easy class to climb with in arena is totally wrong, their not bad but their definitely not easy for arena compared to the other broken classes ( sins, des, wl and BD). you really need to know what your doing as SF in arena or else you will get recked easily by one of the other said broken classes. I'd say the only classes that SF has a good match up against are Wardens, BM's and gunslingers any of the other classes though your not gonna have an easy time against.

sfs in arena are braindead just like in owpvp

9 minutes ago, RavTH said:

sfs in arena are braindead just like in owpvp

lol okay sure they are. more braindead then BD's, Des, Sins, WL's and Sums? really gonna say that lol? like I said before their no where near broken and brain dead like the other classes I mentioned but their not bad either. their actually probably a more balanced class then the others seeing as how you actually need to know how to play them and not just faceroll your keyboard. also saying their broken in OWpvp/6v6 is stupid cause any class is broken in OWpvp/6v6 so long as they have whale gear and can 1 shot.  you can easily beat a damn SF as any of the other class. the only classes they have an advantage against are wardens and gunslingers that's it. every other classes you have to play well and if you don't you can easily get your butt kicked, simply because the other classes have way more broken things then them.

Archived