what this game really needs...

Krucius

is a 24/7 available bg like alterac valley in wow.

put it in solak. ceru and crim fighting over a newly discovered valley full of soulstones. 12 on 12, queued crim vs ceru. with daily quests and rewards vendors.

right now, ssp is the only large scale faction battle, but without a player cap, ceru owns it. crim can't ever get anything done.

as it stands, after we do our dc and other purples, there ain't much else to do except grind peaches or do towers (which i hate... its an mmo, after all, which is supposed to be a community game, not a solo game with social hubs).

and 24/7 because waiting til battle frenzy is stupid.

1 hour ago, Suna said:

What game really need is more gear balanced pvp modes where skill matter more than gear. Anybody that not have high end gear can not enjoy from current 6v6 mode. Difference between entry and endgame gear is way too big. 

that's the nature of ever gear progression game in the world. find something else to whine about.

10 hours ago, Suna said:

What game really need is more gear balanced pvp modes where skill matter more than gear. Anybody that not have high end gear can not enjoy from current 6v6 mode. Difference between entry and endgame gear is way too big. 

You can get PVP gear...truth is you dont care as much to get it. thats a "you" problem not a "game" problem

13 hours ago, Krucius said:

that's the nature of ever gear progression game in the world. find something else to whine about.

I did not whine about that. I just simply not play that mode, that is fine by me. I just stated the fact why the game mode is dead. New players simply can not enjoy from the game mode.

3 hours ago, HateMe said:

You can get PVP gear...truth is you dont care as much to get it. thats a "you" problem not a "game" problem

You can grind pvp gear if you play 24/7 two years or whale yes, but that is kinda unlikely. PVP modes not really need vertical progression. That only cause huge unbalance. On top of that it is not fun one shot each others even if you have the gear. That have nothing to do about skill. Most interesting game mechanics are gone.

Just now, Suna said:

I did not whine about that. I just simply not play that mode, that is fine by me. I just stated the fact why the game mode is dead. New players simply can not enjoy from the game mode.

You can grind pvp gear if you play 24/7 two years or whale yes, but that is kinda unlikely. PVP modes not really need vertical progression. That only cause huge unbalance. On top of that it is not fun one shot each others even if you have the gear. That have nothing to do about skill. Most interesting game mechanics are gone.

that's called whining. it doesn't matter which game you choose to play, new players are going to be at a severe disadvantage compared to veterans, in gear, skill and general knowledge. you want a game with no progression or learning curve? you should stop playing mmos, right now.

2 hours ago, Krucius said:

that's called whining. it doesn't matter which game you choose to play, new players are going to be at a severe disadvantage compared to veterans, in gear, skill and general knowledge. you want a game with no progression or learning curve? you should stop playing mmos, right now.

Back in days that model works because there was not many game to play, but now you have to think about casual players. Players have job or play multiple other games and not have so much time to invest into single game. Casual players are the ones that bring money to the game. Current business model prefer the one that have more casual players. BNS barely have new players anymore. Most of players are the ones that start from the launch. If you want pvp to be popular it should give casual players chance play the mode. I did not say game should not have learning curve, but pointless grind should be gone. Not everybody enjoy grinding same dungeons 6 hours every day to be competitive. That is nothing about skill or learning curve, that is like making bns another job and repeating same stuff over and over without learning anything. Vertical progression is fine for pve because that is not competitive mode, but in pvp vertical progression is totally pointless. During launch bns was popular because everybody start from same same point, but if you start later you can not catch old players anymore. Fortnite is really popular right now because it is really casual friendly game, but it still have learning curve like any other game.  Players that support gearing in pvp are probably ones that can not win any games in 1v1 or 3v3 that actually require skill. 

Archived