Why ppl don't help new players?

Smoq

So yeah, if you are new to the game you can't do anything, everyone demands miliards of ap from you and if you don't have it you get kicked so you can't really do any dungeons.

Yep, it's me crying, but in the same state I want to show you the poor state of the game.

Fair warning for new ppl - if you don't have super high lvl friend don't even try playing it, you won't get anywhere.

you are fully blowing things out of proportion.

Given its true people have high requirements for dungeons, but thats the players own fault. Let me explain:

New players or lower geared players complain dungeons are too hard and they cant find a party, ok valid argument, what happens? NC nerfs dungeons and mechs in them to where they are literally a go in, dps, kill , done dungeon with minor things here and there,

Now, example.

I do my daily runs via F8 each day, i dont even have high requirements and ask for 1k AP+, and i get players like that with HM9-12 for EL, IF, NS, ST, RT.

Now lets take sandstorm temple, the dungeon got completely nerfed so that its literally impossible for you to wipe on the last boss. what happens? People dont even know how to stun, people dont know how to stay within X meters of the boss, people dont KD and everything takes longer. So just seeing that i perfectly understand why people have high requirements for them because no one has time to bother with players who dont even bother to open a guide or at least watch a video of a dungeon just to know what to expect. thats like...bare minimum. If you do not put effort in yourself to do some research, i most certainly will not put effort in carrying you through it. simple as that.

Not to mention if you want to learn or have problems getting into a party, make one yourself. Its not like you need crazy amounts of AP for the dungeons in the first place.

But no, no one wants to do that because they prefer to be carried through it.

as a pleb i can see it from 2 sides  as the low ap player that wants a bit of help and as the mid range ap player that some times just want the dailys done.

its not a easy problem to work around as ppl do have time limitations and if you got 2-3 alts to do dailys on it will eat up alot of your play time and for them the new players will sadly be sacrificed on the altar of efficacy just to get thru ther toons.

like how it is for a friend that doesnt mind helping new players but if a new players meats my friend during a weekday thay might think it is a elitist asshat 3 toons to go thru doesent get home untill 19-20:00 and leaves for work around 4-5 in the morning. but will still help low players if thay ask nicly most of the time 
but as i did see when i did a dungeon whit the friend some low ap players just demands that the higer geard players bails them out when thay just charge straight in and the whines if the better geard player dosent
not all the players had even enter the dung so thoes that just charged the boss had to handel it them selfs ofc thay dyed and blamed my friend that just polightly told em that not all wher in yet and abilitys wher on cd

also seen players straight up insult new players for not using ther abilitys to ther fullest so the asshats are in bothe ends.

how to get rid of it most likely it will be impossible as some ppl think thay are entiteld all the other players time and some ppl think thay are above helping others

so ask nicly if someone can help you and explain how to do mec and/or rotation for your class and build you will still get some asshat replys but its wery likely someone will help you so just dont engage the asshats

I'm lvl 28 gunslinger im not having that much trouble with the game. So it might just depend if the person playing the game is totally new to mmorpgs or just want people to give them free stuff. I admit the dungeons are hard but if you grind for gear etc etc you should be just fine. At least that's how I do it

6 hours ago, Smoq said:

So yeah, if you are new to the game you can't do anything, everyone demands miliards of ap from you and if you don't have it you get kicked so you can't really do any dungeons.

Yep, it's me crying, but in the same state I want to show you the poor state of the game.

Fair warning for new ppl - if you don't have super high lvl friend don't even try playing it, you won't get anywhere.

Sad, but true. And apparently the whales have spent a lot of $$$ this trove that the requirements from weeklies have increased from 1.1k to... 1.2K /VT gear. So now  you need to clear Temple of Eluvium just so you can do the pleb weekly raids!!! It is a very dire situation indeed.

And guess what? Even the raven+ raids won't take you if you have the specified gear... they will just wait for raven 9/aransu/VT gear people. Because they're the alts (with fancy expensive gems from the main character) of the guys who spam for VT gear in the first place and of course they would enjoy to get carried.

Impressive... I think we should give an island to the whales so they can spend some quality time playing with themselves. If I had their gear, it would actually make me feel good to be able to carry others. I would waste a couple of minutes extra, but hey what's that compared to the zillion hours and $$$ people waste on digital pixels.

Well, there are still some nice people out there - I just hope they don't all get infected by the "VT weeklies" epidemic.

23 minutes ago, asot said:

Sad, but true. And apparently the whales have spent a lot of $$$ this trove that the requirements from weeklies have increased from 1.1k to... 1.2K /VT gear. So now  you need to clear Temple of Eluvium just so you can do the pleb weekly raids!!! It is a very dire situation indeed.

And guess what? Even the raven+ raids won't take you if you have the specified gear... they will just wait for raven 9/aransu/VT gear people. Because they're the alts (with fancy expensive gems from the main character) of the guys who spam for VT gear in the first place and of course they would enjoy to get carried.

Impressive... I think we should give an island to the whales so they can spend some quality time playing with themselves. If I had their gear, it would actually make me feel good to be able to carry others. I would waste a couple of minutes extra, but hey what's that compared to the zillion hours and $$$ people waste on digital pixels.

Well, there are still some nice people out there - I just hope they don't all get infected by the "VT weeklies" epidemic.

This is why I take this game super casual and just solo what I can. I'm not gonna get bothered to cater to some rich kid or ultra tryhard who wants me to play in ways I don't find fun myself.

Well I can tell you that it's not impossible to fly solo for quite some time and still make some progress. I made myself at home in the Celestial Basin and made it till raven weapons early stages. Yes, even Raven. I bought the animus with money (as I was able to sell evolving stones quite stable).

And if you already have raven weapon - that's some start. Farm the accessories for draken cores - again, those are available in the basin. You will be 1100AP with that. Will it be long? Yes (couple of months). Will it be boring? Well.. yes. It's possible though.

I suppose that a new player can just create a lfg stating he's new and needs a training run or something. Sure, they will have to wait longer, but I don't think 100% of the veteran players out there are super tryhard elites who won't play with the "worthless plebs who are below them". Eventually, a party of people wanting to have fun or wanting to genuinely help others will form around any newbies setting these training runs.

As for solo, I just play for the story and don't care about dungeons and end game. Though maybe one day I'll want to finish Lusung's story which is walled behind the whole raven king stuff.

All i see is people complaining ....but no one taking an initiative....

20 people complain "oh for the weeklies they have stupid requirements and i cant get in"...well you 20 complaining people thats already 2 raids to do them...so either as the saying goes deal with it and take initiative, or stop complaining that you dont get in a party where the lead doesnt want you in, its his damn choice not yours.

22 hours ago, HateMe said:

you are fully blowing things out of proportion.

Given its true people have high requirements for dungeons, but thats the players own fault. Let me explain:

New players or lower geared players complain dungeons are too hard and they cant find a party, ok valid argument, what happens? NC nerfs dungeons and mechs in them to where they are literally a go in, dps, kill , done dungeon with minor things here and there,

Now, example.

I do my daily runs via F8 each day, i dont even have high requirements and ask for 1k AP+, and i get players like that with HM9-12 for EL, IF, NS, ST, RT.

Now lets take sandstorm temple, the dungeon got completely nerfed so that its literally impossible for you to wipe on the last boss. what happens? People dont even know how to stun, people dont know how to stay within X meters of the boss, people dont KD and everything takes longer. So just seeing that i perfectly understand why people have high requirements for them because no one has time to bother with players who dont even bother to open a guide or at least watch a video of a dungeon just to know what to expect. thats like...bare minimum. If you do not put effort in yourself to do some research, i most certainly will not put effort in carrying you through it. simple as that.

Not to mention if you want to learn or have problems getting into a party, make one yourself. Its not like you need crazy amounts of AP for the dungeons in the first place.

But no, no one wants to do that because they prefer to be carried through it.

i have 1114 AP, and yea the guy is right, people dont help new players. I am HM 10 and i entered EL and got insta kicked away. when i PMed the "party leader" he told me "uh sorry did not see the char info, but he just saw hm 10 and kicked without thinking twice. yea this game is not for new players is hard and if not with 1.1k ap even with 1k is hard.  I had another char and is a bit easier since i did weeklies/dailies with both and story quest gives you out everything literally but yea for NEW PLAYER is hard. i opened yesterday a party NF myself, people enter wait 2-3 sec, leave, enter another time in max 5 sec leave like wtf cant people wait 5 min for a dungeon its a game not a job but everyone wants "fast run" no plebs, 1.7k ap for blakcram narrow, and people will tell me im wrong but no ive seen 1.2k ap vt gear for IF normal mode like wtf.  but IMO just play it and find a clan or else the toxity of the community will make you leave, i will leave it since im playing for 1-2 months more just for fun but in max 1-2 weeks i cant its very dull and just a dungeon simulator game (not to mention the infinite loading screens)

make friends. if you're lucky u might find me in cross i usually just post how many aransu players in my party and carry the rest. You still have to have some gear tho... farm peaches for a mystic badge at least. You can also LFP where no one asks for AP requirements. 

if you dont want to lfp because you think it's trap. can you blame other people for not wanting to party you if your gear is low? etiquette goes both ways.  

it is not other people's responsibility to carry you. Some don't mind some do. personally i've seen shady stuff with low gear players. i.e. they go into cs bids on the orb and leave party. or they go milk the whales that are carrying them when something drops. if i'm carrying someone that does a quarter of the dmg as me and they start bidding on my stuff, over time i'll start carrying less.

On 9/26/2018 at 6:50 AM, Reinor said:

I'm lvl 28 gunslinger im not having that much trouble with the game. So it might just depend if the person playing the game is totally new to mmorpgs or just want people to give them free stuff. I admit the dungeons are hard but if you grind for gear etc etc you should be just fine. At least that's how I do it

The game is insanely easy until you reach endgame. Level 50+ content is where people start complaining.

2 hours ago, Inundated said:

The game is insanely easy until you reach endgame. Level 50+ content is where people start complaining.

Well, I believe the complaining starts after level 55 after all of story mode is done. Right now, a character fresh from story is level 55 HM 8 or 9, and has a seraph/baleful stage 9 weapon, stormbringer soul and pet aura which can be converted to stage 6 hongmoon variants, a stormbringer heart which can be converted to a stage 1 hongmoon energy, a sacred lougi soul shield specific for the class, and solak accessories. All without ever having to complete a single multiplayer dungeon or joining a party. My BD is currently a few points shy of 940AP, and I haven't even done celestial basin as him. That's his AP just fresh from story. And anyone not yet at act 5 has the chance to go up to riftwalk stage 3 through the current event just for doing acts 5 to 7 or 8 (chapter 9 gives no tokens).

I think one mistake with this approach compared to the days of old is that now dungeons are not required when leveling up. Back then, people needed to do dungeons to get evolution mats and sacrificial items to upgrade their hongmoon weapons and accessories. This forced people into joining parties and learning some mechanics well before reaching end game. The result was that people were at least used to stuff like joint attacks, avoiding lift attacks and other dungeon specific things. Now everything is handed to you through story, meaning, anyone who just did that and skipped all dungeons, will have zero knowledge about dungeon mechanics and overall lesser mastery of their chosen class.

This is a common thing with MMOs as they age and try and lure more people into at least an easier intro to the game. But I assume this can infuriate veterans who not only had to work harder for what they have, but now also have to deal with newbies with zero knowledge at end game.

if you complain about trying to join the newest dungeons and why players kick you and your a new player

then that's your problem the newest dungeons are not for new players and no player likes to have to carry a player that will cauze more problems or is dead most of the time

yah some dungeons are a bit harder if you don't know what your doing but the game now is very easy and getting in dungeons is getting easier with every update

most of my dungeon runs are LFP in F8 from HH ( hollow's heart ) to EC ( ebondrake citadel ) i get players with 800AP or 1400AP i don't care anymore

why i have the AP and gear to more or less solo the dungeons so i click LFP or recruit in chat " that all can join or all are welcome " and play as if i'm doing the dungeon solo

as for why some high leveled players will not waste time with new players is

1 - that player " the high level player " (( was carried in all his runs and the only thing he knows is DPS )) don't know the mechanics of the dungeon 

or don't know how to explain them to other players

2- new players themselves are the problem all new players (or most of them ) get in game not knowing what to do or how to play the class that they have

and when you ask them if they need help or tell them that they need to do something  you either get ok or silence 

but guess what the player goes and does what he wants and ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s over the other players

or i love the players that run to the boss and kills the other players in the wall of fire and he gets killed by the boss and cry

and by the way you need to consider the fact that player have limited time and more AP or level or gear will make the run faster less time to make mistakes

and some of " them high leveled players " have been playing this game for over 2 years or so to get where they are now

the game back then was way harder so when most of the new players cry and say the game is hard and don't put the effort or time to know how the play the game 

it turns the high level players away from helping them, out of frustration

and yes the game has its fair share of elitist but most players that are confident in their abilities and knowledge and have the ability to carry players will not care that much about if 2 or 3 players in the party are low gear

if you look at other players and say you need the gear they have in a week of playing just use your credit card get Ncoin and buy all that you need ((Treasure Trove ))

just like most of the players you see now with Aransu and nice gems that are the ones that are kicking you from a party

or  just keep on playing the game and you will get the gear and the AP

try to enjoy the game before it gets destroyed by NC**st with more pay to win or pay to progress and loot boxes and rng crap

• Aurinya changed the title to Why ppl don't help new players?
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been playing for over 2yrs now, and I sympathize with you. When I play on alts, I experience your frustration. 3 things you must do however: 1. Let the party know that you are new. 2. Listen to the experienced players 3. Try to brush up on the mechs of a new dungeon before you run.   I personally don't mind carrying people on my main for dungeons I know I can do 80% of the work, but for harder content its imperative that you follow these rules. Those 3 points alone will greatly aid you not only in f8 but in the game. Other players will notice and might recruit you into their clan, or take you along for other content. As for the people who kick anyway, a lot of players are bad (cant do mechs and only dps) so they look to be "carried" in a different way.

I have played since beta and I have 10 Alts. I feel the same way like you each time I roll out a character. What @Sa1loR JaRRy said is true and his suggestions is good.

1. Let the party know that you are new.

2. Listen to the experienced players

3. Try to brush up on the mechs of a new dungeon before you run.  

I myself mostly just do lfp and help new played do dungeons. Sometime I intentionally post group without requirements to help new players.

Do not pay attention to some posters here who actually are trolls and he/she always have a point of view that everyone who post a frustration is just a crybaby. They always make the same reply post in the forum whenever someone vent something here.

I am a fast to point person, I select dungeon I click enter dungeon I press recruit and go in, that's only cause I don't want to wait over 50 minutes to make a very good party as sometimes I wait with 5/6 someone leaves then other person leaves and I am back to square one...

Now I despite helping people that do this.. join my party, go into dungeon and say "we can't do this we have hm10!" and leaves, then ANOTHER PERSON leaves... and so on I end up soloing dungeon or recruiting and waiting for some people to show up on first boss...

That's why people tend to put ap requirement because AP=FAST

Archived