Warden aerial moves

SkyStorm

53 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

Why would anyone even use anything past first hit on the 2 chain? The animations are too long for the damage it does. Waste of time imo.

People do it cause they think its cool....truth be told the only cool thing will be warden lyns when they come out.

This has been a recurring problem with pretty much any skill from any class that lifts ever since the game got released. I don't know what the devs had in mind when they enabled this for dungeon bosses other than intentionally making the fight longer and blame players for it. I also haven't seen any lift move that does any decent amount of damage. Plus, considering only one person does damage when performing their skill while everyone else can't even touch the boss, lift moves can become a tryhard's nightmare.

One of the big problems with the Warden launcher is that it's a follow-up to their main approach skill. Also, it won't launch enemies unless their CC'd. Fortunately, if a Warden does do an aerial, they can knock back down quickly if they keep holding 2 down.

But, like someone said, there are other classes who have this issue as well. KFMs, for example, have their launcher on RMB, which is used for a few skills (more if you have the Magnum soul badge which makes RMB part of your searing palm combo). Fire Gunslingers trying to maximize your Bulletstorm damage can have an issue launching enemies, since C (which can build the damage for Bulletstorm with the right mystic badge) is also a launcher.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb RavTH:

there's a limit to how many skills we can disable?

Im not aware of any limit? Disable the knock up skill, not sure what else you'd want to disable, seems strange to run into something telling you "hold up you cant disable half your kit" unless you were deliberately looking to troll.

23 hours ago, Granger said:

Im not aware of any limit? Disable the knock up skill, not sure what else you'd want to disable, seems strange to run into something telling you "hold up you cant disable half your kit" unless you were deliberately looking to troll.

some classes need to disable more than 3 skills in pve and certain conditions sadly

On 26.9.2018 at 7:57 AM, Junamaki said:

I always see wars doing this. I don't think many realize or they forget that their "2" is an aerial move.

On 26.9.2018 at 11:32 AM, CastielSeven said:

It is also their stuns, or least one of them.  

It's pretty much impossible to "accidentally" aerial an enemy, as the 2 is not a joint stun.

If even 10% of all cases are that a Warden charges to a CC'd enemy and doesn't let go of the 2 key in time, the other 90% do it on purpose.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:40 AM, MassiveEgo said:

Why would anyone even use anything past first hit on the 2 chain? The animations are too long for the damage it does. Waste of time imo.

i use it when soloing because move 3 adds a knockdown. that's it.

On 9/29/2018 at 8:52 PM, Nivalias said:

It's pretty much impossible to "accidentally" aerial an enemy, as the 2 is not a joint stun.

If even 10% of all cases are that a Warden charges to a CC'd enemy and doesn't let go of the 2 key in time, the other 90% do it on purpose.

It isn’t impossible. I believe their 2 changes to an aerial launch on a cced target, unsure about this so I’ll check in game tomorrow. So if the skill isn’t disabled and the boss gets cced while you are pressing 2 ( some people press it for the threat) then the boss will be launched. It’s the same issue that some kfms had with aerial being on rmb.

7 hours ago, Junamaki said:

It isn’t impossible. I believe their 2 changes to an aerial launch on a cced target, unsure about this so I’ll check in game tomorrow. So if the skill isn’t disabled and the boss gets cced while you are pressing 2 ( some people press it for the threat) then the boss will be launched. It’s the same issue that some kfms had with aerial being on rmb.

I didn't say it was "impossible", only "pretty much impossible", and I mean it. The 2 doesn't automatically change to the aerial move, even if the target is CC'd. It does however change to the aerial finisher, when the target is already in the air. But before you can launch them, you must first charge at them, no exception.

It can happen when pressing 2 that the aerial gets additionally executed, simply because of the auto-recast setting and you didn't get your finger fast enough off the keyboard. It surely happened a lot to me, but I was lucky enough that during none of these times the target was CC'd. That's why out of all the Warden aerials I bet not even 10% were accidental.

Also using the charge for threat is pointless, when 4 and V are enough to keep the buff permanently active.

Archived