Is this event really for helping alts or new players to catch up?

PetPuggi

Cause after 2 weeks of playing it, it definitely doesn't seem like it. Your main source of event tokens come from F8 daily dungeons. Everyone knows how elitist and toxic this community is, 1.2k is now the average requirement for everything. How did you expect new players or new alts to be able to reach 1.2k on their warriors on day 1, or even within the first week? As a non-whale, your only choices are:

• Be a whale and reach 1.2k within the first few days to be able to even START to farm event currency
  • Waste an hour in LFP queue in F8 as a straight-out-of-story alt with 1000AP, looking for SSM/EL/IF/NS parties, because no one LFP's for these
  • Get kicked out of 95% of all F8 parties because you're not 1.2k

Catchup events like this should just use an event dungeon that anyone can participate, not these stupid F8 grind-athons where 80% of the content aren't even open to the new alts/players that the event is aimed at helping.

I always hit lfp on my new character, check f2's in lobby or cross server, leave and try again until i end up with some good geared ppl in party. I actually had to leave only a few times because most people with good gear just straight out hit lfp, like i do with my older characters.

From what i observed ( in Jinsoyun ), only people with mediocre gear bother with recruiting. Lfp parties are mostly 2-3 decent / 3-4 plebs ... more than enough for fast run.

il y a une heure, Grimoir a dit :

Orrr....option #4:

Stop being whiny and create your own party with your own requirements recruiting people that are in the same position as you instead of trying to get carried in parties people dont want you in.

While I absolutely agree, pretty much 90% of the players will avoid those said rooms. It's 'suicide' to even make 950+ AP parties, and even then you'll most likely "wipe" at first boss, and 3/4 of the people end up leaving the party.

Sad but true.

Now I'm sorry but there's no reasons to let players around either if they're not dedicated to the game. Why should you get something worth while literally just pressing "lfp" at every dungeon, randomly mashing buttons at boss strong enough for current alt/new players gear ? 

You don't know the dungeon ? Read a guide. Don't wanna read ? Still fine, there's a chat, ask stuff, chat is there to be used.. but I guess they prefer to use it to show us "This player has left the normal (XDD) difficulty party".

It's true. I've been playing solo since I started. The fake elitist mentality these people have are toxic. There is nothing Elite about these people. It is true though, most of these events are just grind-athons. Then the next event they will start giving out everything free after you just grinded for countless hours. At this point, all those dungeons are nerfed,  they literally don't need any mechanics anymore. Yet, nothing will change with the toxicity in f8.

To compound your woes, after the event, even if you got to the final stage and got your brilliant dawn/rift weapon, you will find that still no one will want you in their party because you don't have a raven weapon.  As for forming your own party, few people have time for likely trap runs.  And if I see a 950 AP SSM ad I'm not likely to apply.  This does not make me an elitist, just a realist with a limited amount of time I can play per character.

I’ve been doing dungeons each day up to naryu sanctum ( I wouldn’t go any higher in lfp without atleast 1k ap) on my war that has only 906 ap and the gear from the story and haven’t had any trouble yet getting into lfp groups. If anything I’ve noticed a lot of the players using lfp aren’t as geared themselves. Surprisingly I joined a whale group last night and no one cared that I was there. Maybe I’m just lucky.

12 hours ago, Lyn Thunderfox said:

While I absolutely agree, pretty much 90% of the players will avoid those said rooms. It's 'suicide' to even make 950+ AP parties, and even then you'll most likely "wipe" at first boss, and 3/4 of the people end up leaving the party.

Sad but true.

Now I'm sorry but there's no reasons to let players around either if they're not dedicated to the game. Why should you get something worth while literally just pressing "lfp" at every dungeon, randomly mashing buttons at boss strong enough for current alt/new players gear ? 

You don't know the dungeon ? Read a guide. Don't wanna read ? Still fine, there's a chat, ask stuff, chat is there to be used.. but I guess they prefer to use it to show us "This player has left the normal (XDD) difficulty party".

Totally agree. Plus, they can always ask in faction chat if someone would be willing to help them out.

20 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Cause after 2 weeks of playing it, it definitely doesn't seem like it. Your main source of event tokens come from F8 daily dungeons. Everyone knows how elitist and toxic this community is, 1.2k is now the average requirement for everything. How did you expect new players or new alts to be able to reach 1.2k on their warriors on day 1, or even within the first week? As a non-whale, your only choices are:

• Be a whale and reach 1.2k within the first few days to be able to even START to farm event currency
  • Waste an hour in LFP queue in F8 as a straight-out-of-story alt with 1000AP, looking for SSM/EL/IF/NS parties, because no one LFP's for these

Catchup events like this should just use an event dungeon that anyone can participate, not these stupid F8 grind-athons where 80% of the content aren't even open to the new alts/players that the event is aimed at helping.

I would say you're half right, half wrong. Your main source of event tokens is the daily challenge + Cold Storage which would net you 3 tokens. And those are fairly acceptable in terms of difficulty on a daily basis. The big problem for new players is when they have to:

- Do the other daily dungeons that award tokens, some of them being downright impossible for new players (SSM+EL on Sunday for example - just skip those)

- Do the weeklies and the majority of recruitment is 1.1k ( you will have to wait until some nicer people with lower or without requirements are recruiting - yes, there are still some nice guys/girls out there that won't mind helping out)

These events are made in such a way to pretty much prevent you from getting the maximum number of tokens - and feel the need to invest some $$ to catch up. I mean sure, you can get some comedic responses like "learn tactics" or "ask in faction chat for help" but we all know the real truth: *your credit card matters and most people can't be bothered wasting time on you*

My advice to you would be to try to get at least 3 characters that you can do dailies with an focus on gearing one. After that, try to find a decent clan with your main character. They will help you out and you might help them out later to return the favor :)

1 hour ago, asot said:

These events are made in such a way to pretty much prevent you from getting the maximum number of tokens - and feel the need to invest some $$ to catch up.

22 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

It seems like you don't know what your talking about.

3 Emblems per day + Weeklies + Daily Emblem from F10 are Enough to get Permenant Soul/Pet and Weapon By The end of Event you will have 184 Emblems, which is More then Enough to Get Pet/Soul/Weapon which only Require you 95 Upgrade Emblems for Soul, 55 Upgrade Emblems for Pet, 25 For Weapon, and you will still have 9 Upgrade Emblems left over. For New player, this is massive help, without this event, new player would take time to collect Soul/Pet which are the most expencive in this event. Event is Already giving minimal of work for New/Alts to do to achive those 3 items, New Players or Alts don't have to maximize amount of Upgrade Emblems to get items, people who maximize amount of tokens are people who aiming for Vials, not Weapon/Pet or Soul.

Now, Upgrading Baleful/Seraph Stage 1 to Stage 12 and then from Stage 12 to Rift/dawnforge 3 is more efficient, and you save more gold, then buying a weapon from Event. Sure you might get Lucky, and get all 6 slots, but is it worth the risk?, No it's not, Because the chance is low,  you would rather save Emblem tokens for Pet or Soul then Gambling on a Weapon, even if you are Fresh new player or an existing old player, you Should NOT gamble it. Unless it's an alt, that has no plans of getting geared. so instead of using baleful1 you use it rift/dawnforge 3. so only worth for alts that has no plans of getting geared.

but even if you DO decide and gamble your Luck with your Mighty RNG Jesus, Don't blame on how event is made, Blame it on yourself because you Choosed to pick this route and gamble your tokens for it, Doing Daily Challenge + Cold Storage + F10 Daily, and Weekly, you get Enough tokens to Pick all 3 rewards in one Event, Use your approach to the event wisely and If that's still not Enough for you new people, to do minimum effort to obtain items for free and still think that it's not help at all, Then I am Speechless.

im not sure what you ve been doing for 2 weeks, but since the release of warden ive got to 1.1k and can run almost any dungeon without worrying too much,

i said almost, please note that.

in 3 days i will get my perma soul too, and i ve yet to touch the ones i gathered from f10 for free or from the warden pack.(those r sitting in my mail nicely in case of emergency :D)

i am a full pleb, yet to spend a dime on this game.

i do the dungeons solely in f8, and even when i had 1k or lower ap, i always found ppl that were willing to help with the event dungeons,as i mostly used lfp for dungeons, not premade parties. (yes sometimes it takes more than 1 attempt,get used to it)

the most common ap req for premade is 1.1k.

there are many ppl that just lfp for the event dungeons. even for higher end dungeons.(yeah sometimes it fails, but it can work too, cant be too picky of ur a "pleb")

this event is actually a big af. help to new and returning players.(the weapon is kind of a trap tho)

and a small advice, this game is not about piling up and sitting on your gold and mats. spend it all till the last copper. else you never move forward. as f2p ofc.

think about long time investments, like gempowders(if u dont want to farm basin,ugh thats a  killer), you will be sitting on hexa,hepta gems for a while. yey for +ap  ×.×

i dont want to make this a new players guide, there are many out there, and there are many ppl in faction chat that are willing to help, even if you just whisper to them.

dont be affraid to ask.

ps. be glad that there are events like this,otherwise you would spend a good ammount of time getting  that soul,pet to this point,

without focusing your chi on that hongmooncard.

(sometimes i think ppl just hate putting in a little effort,instead just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ about every small detail coz they dont get stuffs thrown in their faces for sitting on that special couch)

make 1 main and a few alts to run events. keep your alts decently geared so you don't waste time getting kicked. Use event tokens on oils/gems and mail back to your main. as of right now if your alt isn't at least r3+ you'll end up wasting more time on it than actually having it be helpful. 

decent alt 

r3+
both badges
pet
soul
BT acc (raven with out ele damage is weaker than baleful/seraph with bt acc)

they are all easily obtainable. 

i understand people complain that you don't really need those gear to clear most of the dungeons but lets be real... if u have to kill a cow, most people would prefer to use a gun instead of a knife although both can do the job. 

new players: either find a clan that's willing to invest time in you or find 6 similar geared players and start running statics with your group. That was how most of us got to where we are when we first started. instead of complaining why RANDOM people wont take you. do something about it. 

as for the event it is extremely good. considering when we started it took us months to farm those items. now u can get it in just 5 weeks if you actively play the event. MMO u have to work for your gear and keep up with the times. 

Funny thing is also that a brand new character or at least someone not so far up in the story can get 25 tokens from the story itself. I don't remember which quests give tokens, but I know the sum total is exactly 25 in between Silverfrost stuff and the end of the Solak Valandria saga. That's how I got my lowly gunslinger into a pretty much free stage 3 riftwalk, and I'm doing the same for my warden. So seen this way, I see it as a sort of catch up.

3 hours ago, Hanuku said:

Funny thing is also that a brand new character or at least someone not so far up in the story can get 25 tokens from the story itself. I don't remember which quests give tokens, but I know the sum total is exactly 25 in between Silverfrost stuff and the end of the Solak Valandria saga. That's how I got my lowly gunslinger into a pretty much free stage 3 riftwalk, and I'm doing the same for my warden. So seen this way, I see it as a sort of catch up.

That if you didn't use lvl 50 voucher (which I did because I had one and didn't had a lot of time to play from lvl 1)

1 hour ago, Gennady said:

That if you didn't use lvl 50 voucher (which I did because I had one and didn't had a lot of time to play from lvl 1)

I suppose if that happened and the tokens be given in act 8 alone where the voucher puts the character, people would be calling p2w left and right... even when that's not the case given that the resulting weapon is not too high in the end game ladder, and only 3 or 4 steps above what the story itself gives you. Sure, this event saved me some account bound mats and gold, but we know how some people operate when real money is placed so close to in game earnings. Then again, the store has other power-for-money items for sale and I'm not seeing hordes of "1337" players with torches and pitchforks around. Maybe the practice is sticking as it's actually limited scope is being understood.

Anyway, I' rambling and that's not for this thread.

Archived