Act 10 Chapter 1 Dwindling Light

Saxton

• 2 months later...
On 9/17/2018 at 12:05 PM, sonatine said:

Nope, you beat the game.

Feels more like the game beat me, emotionally. All my PC's students save Jinsoyun were just killed, without any reason, and without providing a way to defend them or save them. Why? The devs just had the PC stand there stupidly like a eunuch at an orgy. I feel robbed by this game and don't see why I should press on in the story with my other chars. The devs just wrecked it with this ending.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:59 AM, Hunu said:

Feels more like the game beat me, emotionally. All my PC's students save Jinsoyun were just killed, without any reason, and without providing a way to defend them or save them. Why? The devs just had the PC stand there stupidly like a eunuch at an orgy. I feel robbed by this game and don't see why I should press on in the story with my other chars. The devs just wrecked it with this ending.

I can agree I was crying very hard surely in the last part of act 9

You get so close to your students an I also feel like I'm the avatar with how the story is written I can relate almost all the time in the behaviour off your avatar has 

(not everyone has that I know)

Losing your first student was already very hard a now you lose all your students besides jinsoyun with the short part that follows after will make you cry if you follow the story very deeply

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 7:59 AM, Hunu said:

Exactly. I was so livid that a student who had maybe a year of training under my toon's tutelage was bouncing me around like I was fighting Jinsoyun again. I knew at that point, I was never going to beat him because the writers/developers said so. That right there was nothing more than Fiat writing at its worse. And to make matters worse, when I finally got said student to 1% health, pow, cut-scene of him using "mystical ninja powers" putting my toon down like a rabid dog. I nearly uninstalled the game again. That is how livid I was.

The developers and their writers seriously need some educational training in how to write a believable scene and not what they gave us. I one point in that fight I simply gave up and stood there for this God-like trainee to kill me. Hell, I even stripped off my gear and weapon to make it quick. He did not attack me. So, what is the freaking point to play it out when you're predestined to lose in the first place? Just add a damned, "I surrender" button so you can get it over quickly.

After that, I was so pissed I spaced through the final conversations with the useless "heroes" only to be sent back to Heaven's Reach to reenact what has happened in the previous story endings on Heaven's Reach. I have come to the conclusion that our toons are not masters of Hongmoon, but masters of defeat, nothing more. The story has lied to us about our power. We only have what is needed to advance the story only to be bounced around like a soccer ball by bad designed cookie cutter villains. The ending of this act is so bad, I find that the movie "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" has a more believable plot than Act 9.

Before that though, I fought Mushin at the Oak Tree and killed him with with a massive crit. Cut-scene again...he lays me low. I was like, "WTF!!!" I question why do we even bother trying when they win in the end. The story writing is questionable to mediocre when this happens. After a 14 month absence, I come back to this. Yeah...that's really fun.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/25/2018 at 5:17 AM, StrykerGaming said:

Exactly. I was so livid that a student who had maybe a year of training under my toon's tutelage was bouncing me around like I was fighting Jinsoyun again. I knew at that point, I was never going to beat him because the writers/developers said so. That right there was nothing more than Fiat writing at its worse. And to make matters worse, when I finally got said student to 1% health, pow, cut-scene of him using "mystical ninja powers" putting my toon down like a rabid dog. I nearly uninstalled the game again. That is how livid I was.

The developers and their writers seriously need some educational training in how to write a believable scene and not what they gave us. I one point in that fight I simply gave up and stood there for this God-like trainee to kill me. Hell, I even stripped off my gear and weapon to make it quick. He did not attack me. So, what is the freaking point to play it out when you're predestined to lose in the first place? Just add a damned, "I surrender" button so you can get it over quickly.

After that, I was so pissed I spaced through the final conversations with the useless "heroes" only to be sent back to Heaven's Reach to reenact what has happened in the previous story endings on Heaven's Reach. I have come to the conclusion that our toons are not masters of Hongmoon, but masters of defeat, nothing more. The story has lied to us about our power. We only have what is needed to advance the story only to be bounced around like a soccer ball by bad designed cookie cutter villains. The ending of this act is so bad, I find that the movie "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" has a more believable plot than Act 9.

Before that though, I fought Mushin at the Oak Tree and killed him with with a massive crit. Cut-scene again...he lays me low. I was like, "WTF!!!" I question why do we even bother trying when they win in the end. The story writing is questionable to mediocre when this happens. After a 14 month absence, I come back to this. Yeah...that's really fun.

I don't think I could have said this any better. I want to slap the shiz out of the writer(s) for HALF of what I watched unfold. This isn't a roleplay, its a failplay. I'm only still playing because I like the system and the fantasy martial arts styled combat.

I'm still trying to figure out how, when almost everyone that played this game could start seeing a pattern easily. The mc KNEW they were walking into a trap, WAS TOLD it was a trap and not to trust ANYONE, KNEW that the enemies could brainwash people, and still ran headlong like a dunce that would make dumb and dumberer look like geniuses. The story can bite me. I'm just glad I came here late and was fast tracked through most of the game, that way I wouldn't have to feel like I spent months or years grinding out something that led ultimately to disappointment.

It's like a tacky Chinese military/family tragedy drama. Do they accept volunteers to re-write the story? Can I help edit the translations to at least make the bad screen play make sense? I Will have my work cut out for me, but I think with a few re-edits I MIGHT be able to put a believable story together without requiring the scenes or story-line to change. Step one, take away ALL of MC's "power-ups" so he doesn't get his hopes up. Step 2, make MC an ACTUAL idiot that was thrown into a hopeless situation because nobody else was dumb enough to take responsibility. A struggling idiot in this story makes so much more sense than a fail "master."

Edited by 845710_1452550159
  • Like 1

Oldish thread but yeah, there are a few threads about this. The decisions of the writers in this game are both rather sadistic and plenty of questionable. I mean, when even the damn Yes Men (yes, THOSE Yes Men) have a much better intro than you, we know something is REALLY wrong. I also learned already that some Korean writers love to go overkill with the killing of children (and child like beings, like wiping friggin Brightstone TWICE!) in their stories. So prepare for more of that in the coming chapters.

But yeah, what I really despise is that they scripted our characters to be on their own heavenly level of stupidity. By now might as well never show them in cut scenes anymore if they are all going to end the same. (Check the Tomb something orange sub quest for yet another fail scene)... I think I will simply skip all scenes and conversations in act 10 if it ever happens, because I know I won't like what I'll be seeing.

I also regret they changed the story and removed the option to stay on the dark path. Instead of giving us the whole "you lost because you went dark" speech, only to lose even harder after turning good again.... By now, I would love it if Jinsoyun just transforms again into her adult self but this time with a bit of good in her to start stomping on the baddies like the badass she was. At least she could dole out some real vengeance.

Anyway. For games where your character is a literal badass, check the God Eater series and the Dragon ball Xenoverse series. Not MMOs, but the cut scenes involving your character are really pleasing to see. I'd say, check them on youtube or something, since I'm not going to advertise the actual games in a forum for another game. For this game however, on anything not a cutscene and not a one shot raid, your character can be pretty much a demi god.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

old post but i am totally in agreement the amount of times i was beating an enemy only to get  1 hit and sit there grunting while the enemy does as they please.Or standing there listening to someone that you about to fight for 30 seconds while they droll out nonsense also frustrating,then there's the fact your character seems to have absolutely no common sense what so ever has to be the dumbest protagonist in the history of gaming. All very disappointing

Funny thing is that I made that post not knowing what was coming next. and... (yeah, that text below is a spoiler so don't read it if you don't wanna know)

Jinsoyun DOES get her adult self back. But now she kind of becoms Jiwan 2.0 or something. All the while Ryu keeps changing his outfit to become Korea's next trap. -_-

What else will this game churn out to make us roll our eyes?

Edited by Hanuku

I just finished Act 9 yesterday after being away since last May...

Up until the end I thought to myself, "There is going to be someway to bring them back." or "No they are not really dead, maybe absorbed into the sword!"

But it was not to be.  Sitting there watching my character and Jinsoyun mourn and the appearance of my students at the end is one of the few times in a game that actually had me shedding some tear at having lost them and the only thing I could say was *cricket* this game *cricket* this game!"

I am still hoping to maybe grind out some Dragon Balls or maybe find a time machine. 

• 4 weeks later...

Like others, I was surprised to find out the the story line ended there, hopefully they will have a add-on soon, there is so much more storylines, bad guys that still need to be put down, and if your character finely meets there potential.