When will VT necklace have a proper change in material distribution?

Kozuki

I mean, look at this: wbPfrxE.jpg

The necklace costs a fortune to upgrade, but its effect is kinda unimpressive.

In near future, when we get the next solo dungeon after Circle of Sundering, people will stop caring about upgrading VT neck, since the the tier 3 PvE Necklace provides much stronger buff than VT Necklace.

I think as we are moving further into dungeons with tier 3 accessories, VT necklace should get some change.

NCwest (and possibly NCsoft as a whole) has a habit of never nerfing accessory material upgrade prices. This is likely because of the fact that the Blue/Red Cruxes exist.

So for example, the BT ring/earring costs the same to upgrade still, but that's because they can be salvaged for a Blue Crux that will bypass the 4 PTS + 500 MSC + 500 EC price that it'll take to make an unrefined TT ring/earring into a stage 1 version. There will most likely be a unrefined version of the next raid necklace that KR will soon get, which then also will require a Blue Crux to upgrade to stage 1 for free. You probably won't see a nerf to its material price until then, even though the tier 3 dungeon necklace will be better. Best bet is for the to reevaluate the price of it to be closer to the BT ones or them just copypasting the VT necklace standard material requirements onto the upcoming new raid necklace, like they did with BT --> TT.

1 hour ago, Kozuki said:

I mean, look at this: wbPfrxE.jpg

The necklace costs a fortune to upgrade, but its effect is kinda unimpressive.

In near future, when we get the next solo dungeon after Circle of Sundering, people will stop caring about upgrading VT neck, since the the tier 3 PvE Necklace provides much stronger buff than VT Necklace.

I think as we are moving further into dungeons with tier 3 accessories, VT necklace should get some change.

the necklace costs a fortune because its currently BiS gear. This is in all games, the best in slot items are the hardest to upgrade. and yes people wont care about VT necklace when the new one comes out, they will simply leave VT neck at stage 3 and not bother with it and skip to the next one. Not at any point are you forced to max upgrade it.

At some point it will become easier to get and upgrade just like the first legendaries did. But for now BT is still 2nd best right before TT.

43 minutes ago, HateMe said:

the necklace costs a fortune because its currently BiS gear. This is in all games, the best in slot items are the hardest to upgrade. and yes people wont care about VT necklace when the new one comes out, they will simply leave VT neck at stage 3 and not bother with it and skip to the next one. Not at any point are you forced to max upgrade it.

At some point it will become easier to get and upgrade just like the first legendaries did. But for now BT is still 2nd best right before TT.

There is a difference between HARD to Get/Upgrade and simply Being RIDICULOUS

3 hours ago, Zordrage said:

There is a difference between HARD to Get/Upgrade and simply Being RIDICULOUS

If it was ridiculous you wouldnt see people running around with awakened stage 3....and i know for a fact quite a lot of them are not even whales.

You do realize that VT neck is still current gear right? There is no other neck better than it atm as someone already stated it is currently BiS for everyone. I got mine to stage 10 soon as I got it cause I was smart enough to save up all the mats needed for it and went right to 10 in one sweep. But I have to admit that neck does eat moonstones like a mofo. I just recently decided to go awakened 1. Stage 10 is all ready really need to be honest. But until a new raid comes out with a better neck than the VT one you will have to wait until that new content comes out fam.

Archived