Lyn Warden... '-'

Red0p

4 hours ago, ARC-1276 said:

So from the first paragraph alone, I'm already smelling strawman, since you don't have to play Gon, that's why Warden is available for Jin. It's so those who don't like playing as a sexy and thus superior warrior (that's just a joke btw) don't have to.

And yes, we will be outraged because we don't want it, on top of this being the most blatant attempt to seep into our pocket's imaginable because that means people who want to play this class on Lyn now have to buy race change vouchers. Let's not get into the very obvious fact that no Lyn will be able to ever hold such a weapon, let alone use it to the same effect as a sexy and superior Gon (Yes, that's going to be a running joke in this post), it's very obvious that this is meant to get young women like you, who love cute things, to buy a race change voucher.

In other words, the mere existence of Lyn Warden is to be a cash grab, just like Lyn Gunslinger. On top of that, have you seen the animation for Lyn Female Gunslinger when you're on the character selection screen? That is a bit sexualized for something that looks like a child.

Now let's move on to the next issue at hand and that's the game's overall tone, which is dark AF. It's trying so hard to make you take it serious, killing off (spoilers) children literally left and right to get you to feel bad. It's honestly Grim dark enough to make 40k feel like a sunny day in the park (exaggeration). But on top of that, you expect me to soak in all this darkness while playing as a race with a small CHILDLIKE body, with an animal's ears and tail? And yes, they're childlike, just listen to their default voice acting and tell me you can't hear a kid in there, or at least an adult trying to sound like one. Now we have that, along with this character holding a comically over sized weapon and wielding it to the same effect as someone more athletic than themselves?

The bottom line in that paragraph is that I no longer can take the game seriously if this is going to be the case. Because, let's be honest, this isn't about making a good game anymore, it's about making as much money as quickly as possible, even if it means shortening the lifespan of the game. Which is a massive problem for many game developers in the US, they go for the quick path to quick money that leads to dead ends, instead of taking the longer and harder paths that leads to untold riches and eternal bliss.

Furthermore, judging from the launch trailer for Warden, we see what is very obviously a Gon male as the class, and for GS we see a Jin Male. So very clearly these two classes were intended to be for fully developed looking humans, rather than animistic and small creatures such as Lyn.

In other words, it's implied and pretty well established a long time ago that the game follows a logic of physiology when creating their classes, but as we can see now, they've decided to abandon said logic...which is most disappointing.

that's enough man, you went too far :3 no need to get that serius for just a game character :3

I don't think people care about lyn getting warden, it's the fact that they keep catering to people who love the lyn race only. Lyn has been the only race by far to get classes unlocked for them after it has already been released, twice in a row at that, due to players asking for them when I can recall people requesting classes to be unlocked for other races as well and they weren't (for example a lot of players asked if Gon could have the gunner class before it rolled out for lyn and yet lyn was the only race that got it added on).

Tbh now thinking about it, I don't even think the devs care about catering to people that love lyn, they are only doing this out of greed because they know many people who already made a warden or haven't made one yet due to it not being available to lyn will rush to buy a race change voucher or a lvl 50 voucher. It's like they're realizing they can make this a trend by waiting to add classes to lyn because of how popular they are so that they can make more money from it.

5 hours ago, ARC-1276 said:

And yes, we will be outraged because we don't want it

Now about the rest of the community? About the other regions? What about all the opposition against such a claim?

Let's not get into the very obvious fact that no Lyn will be able to ever hold such a weapon

Leys also not forget the completely obvious fact you cant run on water, fly through the air, speed up in mid air, toss energy balls etc 

follows a logic of physiology when creating their classes, but as we can see now, they've decided to abandon said logic...

And what logic is that? Because this game doesnt follow any level of logic at all.

Oh man this thread is just pure entertainment, best of all people who say they hate lyns and would never make one but on the same note are crying it is a cashgrab because of later racechange...if you would never make a lyn it does not really concerne you...and if other people want to buy it, why not just let them

it is obvious that lyn players pay more money in this game, so it is just natural that more classes will be unlocked for them- this is a buisness after all

if you want want more classes for other races, there is a easy solution - all you lyn-haters should band together and pay more money for chars of the other races (maybe make a kr-account so it has more impact ;p)

and yes i have 2 lyns ( BD and Sum - you can guess why they are lyn) my other chars are other races (mostly gon female- because the other females have really odd proportions in my book- but thats just me)

and i personally don't care if other people can make a lyn-warden if they like to- it doesn't lessen my game-enjoyment in any way and it shouldn't lessen yours

maybe ,just maybe stop with the crying about an update that is not even on the horizon for us and just play the game 

Lyn, Gon, Yun, Jin, Jimbo, it's just a hitbox to the game. Smaller hitboxes mean less damage taken, so everyone should play Lyns. (Dunno if it really works that way in BNS).

Without true racial abilities it's just cosmetic, so I don't really care what race can play what class. Real warriors, however, do not have bushy tails. Lyn gunners should be able to use their tails as a second whip or hold a backup pistol in a special holster.

I'm babbling. Feel free to whine at me because all my chars are Lyns, even the soul fighter (she's just wearing a Gon disguise).

On 9/16/2018 at 1:45 AM, Vyd said:

or maybe im just not a child abuser

tldr: this game was always about fetishes, the races represent that well.

Ok, so this was extremely creepy.
I don't know what that has to do with Lyns??

Most people don't say anything inappropriate about Lyns. 10 times out 10 it's someone else saying that others do.

I really don't like when people project the bad things they think onto other people. That isn't right.

Just because predators exist in the world doesnt mean anyone who wants to have children are weirdos too and that all playgrounds should be closed and calling your kids cute should have you thrown in jail. Need to take it down like 10 notches.

Fetishes have nothing to do with anything here. I have no idea why they would. Not everything has to be sexual-not all of us have 2 heads to think with.

21 hours ago, ARC-1276 said:

it's very obvious that this is meant to get young women like you, who love cute things, to buy a race change voucher.

In other words, the mere existence of Lyn Warden is to be a cash grab, just like Lyn Gunslinger. On top of that, have you seen the animation for Lyn Female Gunslinger when you're on the character selection screen? That is a bit sexualized for something that looks like a child.

Now let's move on to the next issue at hand and that's the game's overall tone, which is dark AF. It's trying so hard to make you take it serious, killing off (spoilers) children literally left and right to get you to feel bad. But on top of that, you expect me to soak in all this darkness while playing as a race with a small CHILDLIKE body, with an animal's ears and tail?

Yes, it's a cash grab. But I see nothing wrong with that, they usually announce that the Lyn version will be out in like a month or two and that's plenty of time to save up gold for it. Not like you have to spend real life money.

Lyn Gunner doesn't look perverted at all. It slides in just like a boy would do. On a male character there'd be nothing wrong with it, but I guess because it's female and your eyes probably dart somewhere they shouldnt now all the sudden its perverted lmao. I dont know man, women sometimes actually do not always have their legs clamped shut. Shocking!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!! Sometimes they run!! And jump!! and slide on slides and ride horses and bikes!! lmfao

There are 3 race choices for Gunner and Warrior. Pick one of the other two if you do not like Lyns.

I'm sorry to hear that.

BnS is still a decent game, so I'm not sure why giving players more options of what they can choose to play leaves such a bad taste in some peoples mouths. Of course that would be great if they included Gon and Yun more-I don't think anyone is against that at all. but I can't be against Lyn either. I can't be against any race getting more classes because to me that just doesn't make sense. I don't see any downside at all. It doesn't make the story any less of what it is and if you feel that it can then just don't play the characters that you think don't fit the story.

I think if people really truly want to see more Gon and Yun involved, what you'd have to do is make threads specifically in relation to that.
"More Classes for Gon/Yun!" and then everyone in it discuss how you'd love to switch to that race and you'd be so happy etc etc.
You attract more bees with honey.
So making a thread that's like... "I hate Lyns!! This game is the worst!! There's not enough for Gons, I hate NC I hate them!!" with forum members yelling back and forth at each other..
Ok, they're just going to ignore it. You don't have to grovel and you don't have to kiss their behind, but no grown adult ever responds seriously to a tantrum.

Just start a thread. Keep it civil. Get some support, gain some traction-Lyn players will back you up too, don't know why anyone would be against it.
and I think that might have a pretty good result. If they know there's a strong enough demand, of course they'll do it. Of course they'll do it.

But it has to be on more stable terms. It can't just come out of spite/anger for another race, that won't look like a strong enough reason.

Nothing in life is out of reach, you just have to figure out the most effective way to get it.

Honestly at this point they should just remove the race locks for classes it make's little sense not to I mean we got a Yun Asssasin NPC ingame AND a Gon Gunner NPC so why not. Makes little sense to be just adding lyn as an afterthought because its the "cute" race and not looking at the other race/class combinations.

As for the whole "lyn" = "child" thing. Yeah it's a bit ridiculous of course but at the same time I do find several of the costume's for lyn really awkward looking as many of the female variant's were designed with the inclusion of breast and the lack of them on the base lyn just doesn't suit them (Male's of course don't suffer this issue as their costume's look as perfectly fine as their Jin and Gon counterparts). This of course would be less of an issue if we had the lyn alternate body as a base (aka lyn boobs) as those of us who want their lyn BD and SMN to look LESS childlike can nearly make characters match a jin proportinate wise on max settings....

Lyns are child looking. Yeah, if you make them look that way. There actually are presets that makes a Lyn look far from a child but that's my opinion. Not every adult woman has big boobs with tall body and all that. Some women in real life actually have small bodies almost like a Lyn, maybe not as small as a Lyn but you get my point. It's all about how you make the face look like. Besides it's a game, real life logics don't need to apply in games unless the devs wants it to be the case :P

On 9/16/2018 at 1:45 AM, Showta said:

1. I'm seriously shocked that gaming today has gone this far to the point of people actually being outraged over a cute race getting a new class.  It's just a game. Some people (a lot of them usually being girls but not all of them of course, emphasis on SOME) don't want to play a super sexualized 39DDDDDDF bra amazon woman or a big macho ripped abs of steel man. and there is nothing wrong with that.

2 Archer is still on the way and I heavily suspect that archer will include Yun later on in the exact same way that Lyn has later on been included in Warrior.

3. Nothing to get so worked up over. Relax. Again, it is just a game. Jins have the most classes still.

4. Jin and Lyn are probably the most popular is all. but they won't leave everyone else out entirely.

1. If all classes were to come for all races, you might have had a point there. But they don't, so you don't;

2. Heavily suspect has zero weight when there's no evidence in the form of announcement;

3. What is and isn't worth getting worked up over, is for each of us to decide on our own. Yes, it is just a game, an RPG MMO game, where some races are blatantly favorited for the sake of cheaping out on the production expenses. It would be okay if there were to be an equal number of unique classes to each race, but there isn't. Especially in this game where it's all governed by the power of magic basically, there's no excuse not to have all classes for all races, especially when we don't have some sort of "base" system, where each race is to start with a couple of elemental affinities, being physically unable to adapt magic from other elements, which would be grounds for making special classes for each race;

4. "Entirely" being the key word there. And not being left out entirely, is absolutely not good enough;

Am 17.9.2018 um 01:25 schrieb ARC-1276:

In other words, the mere existence of Lyn Warden is to be a cash grab, just like Lyn Gunslinger. 

yep and because of this alone I expect to see Lyn Wardens around not later then 2019, while I am not eager for this :playdumb:

10 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

1. If all classes were to come for all races, you might have had a point there. But they don't, so you don't;

2. Heavily suspect has zero weight when there's no evidence in the form of announcement;

3. What is and isn't worth getting worked up over, is for each of us to decide on our own. Yes, it is just a game, an RPG MMO game, where some races are blatantly favorited for the sake of cheaping out on the production expenses. It would be okay if there were to be an equal number of unique classes to each race, but there isn't. Especially in this game where it's all governed by the power of magic basically, there's no excuse not to have all classes for all races, especially when we don't have some sort of "base" system, where each race is to start with a couple of elemental affinities, being physically unable to adapt magic from other elements, which would be grounds for making special classes for each race;

4. "Entirely" being the key word there. And not being left out entirely, is absolutely not good enough;

Well arent you just a little ray of sunshine
At most we can hope that someday it goes in that direction. but that would probably be pretty costly for them...maybe? I don't know. I don't know, I don't make games-but as a player, more races having more access to other classes is still a win-win  to me, so I'm still not seeing any problems here. If it were any other race I'd still not see a problem. If a race isn't as popular as the others, I have no idea what a gaming company is supposed to do. Well, they'll do what they're doing right now.

Ok, I have an idea. Start a campaign for "Gons and Yuns need love too" getting the support of as many players as you can and then also run for CM. Once you get the job, tell the other CMs you saw a really cool car outside and that they should all go out and go look at it. Once they're out there, lock the door and then all the other doors and then send off strict instructions to NC to implement more Gon and Yun class selections. Escape out a window and never return and just like that, this entire situation will be completely solved and you're the biggest hero to all of the Blade and Soul comoontitiy. 

Ok I believe in you, goodluck

On 9/15/2018 at 8:21 AM, Red0p said:

So...looky what I found here... '-' wtf

Why not just open the class to all races? Why is lyn getting this class now after launch just as they did gunner instead of launching the same day as with jin/gon?

Why no love for yun?

So many questions, i need answers :tears:

Because it's not as simple as copy and paste a class into an archetype it's not made for, when they make a version of a class for a different race there is work that is involved in it as positioning for animations and skill effects and animations that are not position related need to be changed as well as model changes as every class on a race whether that is male or female moves differently and has its own animations, along with other misc stuff. Making Warden for lyn involves more work and delays a class release so they rather put it out and work on that afterwards.

If they didn't make all these changes you'd have a Lyn using warden skills that are not scaled right and will not even look like animations coming out from your sword and since Lyn is small these animations would probably even be above the character as well, not to mention you'd have a sword without proper animations and because of that you may not even be holding the sword but it could end up just floating in the air and your Lyn won't have the animations of a Warden so the character would move in ways that don't properly fit with the class.

Btw is that video even really a Lyn Warden as in the full video it looks like he holds up a one handed sword that turns into a 2 handed one and the video basically is showcasing new skills, can anyone legit actually confirm it's warden? could just be a new BM stance or skill as skills changing your weapon temporarily is not unheard of in mmo's and the video starts off with a Lyn BM cinematic and the video also shows a summoner making her cat huge and a Warlock summoning some type of new creature so tbh it doesn't look like a class reveal as the video itself is not about that but showing off new skills and cosmetics.

6bRLcjD.png

1 hour ago, Tatsumata said:

Btw is that video even really a Lyn Warden as in the full video it looks like he holds up a one handed sword that turns into a 2 handed one and the video basically is showcasing new skills, can anyone legit actually confirm it's warden? could just be a new BM stance or skill as skills changing your weapon temporarily is not unheard of in mmo's and the video starts off with a Lyn BM cinematic and the video also shows a summoner making her cat huge and a Warlock summoning some type of new creature so tbh it doesn't look like a class reveal as the video itself is not about that but showing off new skills and cosmetics.

Yes it is warden, those are all the exact same skills that they have already. Warden lightning build tab (Frenzy) skills to be specific. You can switch to those after blood rage fills up.

Lyn is most popular race and Yun unfortunately least popular. Jin and Gon are somewhere in between. So reason why Yun don't have any new class is obvious. When company have limited time and resources to make new class and they must select only 2 or 3 races, logically they choose the most popular ones.

Therefore Lyn Warden is no surprise for me and I don't mind.

10 hours ago, Showta said:

Well arent you just a little ray of sunshine
At most we can hope that someday it goes in that direction. but that would probably be pretty costly for them...maybe? I don't know. I don't know, I don't make games-but as a player, more races having more access to other classes is still a win-win  to me, so I'm still not seeing any problems here. If it were any other race I'd still not see a problem. If a race isn't as popular as the others, I have no idea what a gaming company is supposed to do. Well, they'll do what they're doing right now.

Ok, I have an idea. Start a campaign for "Gons and Yuns need love too" getting the support of as many players as you can and then also run for CM. Once you get the job, tell the other CMs you saw a really cool car outside and that they should all go out and go look at it. Once they're out there, lock the door and then all the other doors and then send off strict instructions to NC to implement more Gon and Yun class selections. Escape out a window and never return and just like that, this entire situation will be completely solved and you're the biggest hero to all of the Blade and Soul comoontitiy. 

Ok I believe in you, goodluck

CM is a glorified forum admin, nothing more. Do you think they have the power to dictate anything? Absolutely bogus :D

Also the sheer fact that one has to campaign for such "equality" due to the evident lack of it (we factually do not have all classes for all races, even in some variation), proves it's existence. It's like handing out a costume, but only to one/two races at a time. It's pretty unfair. If they're gonna do a job, they might as well do it properly. Why not make a class for Yuns that specializes at selectively iframing other players for example. Now that would be a challenging class to play, given our community's general inability to play in a manner different from face tanking. Nah, better make a class based on another class, then just put it out for the most popular races, making the other races even more irrelevant.

5 hours ago, Shironeko said:

Lyn is most popular race and Yun unfortunately least popular. Jin and Gon are somewhere in between. So reason why Yun don't have any new class is obvious. When company have limited time and resources to make new class and they must select only 2 or 3 races, logically they choose the most popular ones.

Therefore Lyn Warden is no surprise for me and I don't mind.

If they had limited time and resources then why would they choose to make the class available to lyn AFTER it already released. Not that I have a problem with it, I main a lyn but it still makes no sense. Also if a race is least popular I would think the logical way to do it is to release the class only for the races that are rarely played to increase their popularity.

11 hours ago, Tatsumata said:

[...] and the video also shows a summoner making her cat huge and a Warlock summoning some type of new creature so tbh it doesn't look like a class reveal as the video itself is not about that but showing off new skills and cosmetics.

Can you link us to video of summoner and warlock that you mentioned above? We are curious, thanks!

Archived