Lyn Warden... '-'

Red0p

So...looky what I found here... '-' wtf

Why not just open the class to all races? Why is lyn getting this class now after launch just as they did gunner instead of launching the same day as with jin/gon?

Why no love for yun?

So many questions, i need answers :tears:

This post has filled me with so much rage. Warden is already a class with an over sized weapon that a normal human can barely wield and we're giving it to five year olds? This is as stupid as Lyn GS, please don't you ever dare put this garbage in the game. No one wants this.

I don't mind lyn having this class let alone all classes but what is stupid is giving it to lyn and not yun. If lyn can apparently hold a giant sword then what would make yun any less capable of doing the same. They need to just stop race locking classes if they're going to give it to lyn as soon as it's released when it wasn't meant for them in the beginning.

8 hours ago, Red0p said:

Why is lyn getting this class now after launch just as they did gunner instead of launching the same day as with jin/gon?

Because they need people to spend money on rerace tickets when it will come out, which will not happen if they put lyn warden from the start.

are you sure this video is not a mod? I have heard of mods for the game to make a certain race look like another race like jin or gon made to look like lyns. -shrugs- ionno. Also i really hate the argument that gets brought up that elin in tera and lyn in BnS are nothing but kids or five year olds. Must that be brought up when having an intellectual conversation about things in a game. 

57 minutes ago, Quizotic said:

I'd honestly love for Yun to get their unique class like every other race has.

Lyn- summoner and BD

Gon-destroyer

Jin- Sin

I feel like another magic (like FM) would fit them well.

I do agree with this yun needs to have their own specific class, its not fair to them.

At the end of the day I doubt they will release lyn warden. Plus lyns already have enough classes but that being said, I have heard that archer will eventually be a class in this game and that lyns will probably be a race that gets archer class. Then again thats all hear say from the internet and not everything can be believed.

I'm seriously shocked that gaming today has gone this far to the point of people actually being outraged over a cute race getting a new class.  It's just a game. Some people (a lot of them usually being girls but not all of them of course, emphasis on SOME) don't want to play a super sexualized 39DDDDDDF bra amazon woman or a big macho ripped abs of steel man. and there is nothing wrong with that.

Archer is still on the way and I heavily suspect that archer will include Yun later on in the exact same way that Lyn has later on been included in Warrior.

Nothing to get so worked up over. Relax. Again, it is just a game. Jins have the most classes still.

Jin and Lyn are probably the most popular is all. but they won't leave everyone else out entirely.

6 minutes ago, Showta said:

I'm seriously shocked that gaming today has gone this far to the point of people actually being outraged over a cute race getting a new class.  It's just a game. Some people (a lot of them usually being girls but not all of them of course, emphasis on SOME) don't want to play a super sexualized 39DDDDDDF bra amazon woman or a big macho ripped abs of steel man. and there is nothing wrong with that.

Thank you thank you thank you. Someone finally recognizes that girls do play these games.  Lol and i love adorable stuff hence why my characters all mostly lyns except my sf but i even got her to looking adorable. the guys i play with in my static say she qualifies as an honorary lyn :giggle:. I play adorable cute lyns because they represent who i am and my personality and have the cutest outfits. I know a few guys that love and adore cute stuff just as much as us girls but then again i know some guys that just love to make female characters with the biggest jiggly chests but cant say nothing bad about that for boys will be boys.

sowwy was off topic abit there...back to your regularly scheduled discussion and raging against lyns becoming wardens >^..^<

4 hours ago, Asuramon said:

Isn't that just one of many client mods?

Except this is an official "mod" from NCSoft that was streamed after BnS World Tournament. One with the highest quality. No broken facial animation. New character selection's intro animation. Different combat animations. Just like how Lyn gunner and Jin/Yun gunner are.

Edit: Double post, mod plz merge if necessary.

3 hours ago, LoliDolly said:

Thank you thank you thank you. Someone finally recognizes that girls do play these games.  Lol and i love adorable stuff hence why my characters all mostly lyns except my sf but i even got her to looking adorable. the guys i play with in my static say she qualifies as an honorary lyn :giggle:. I play adorable cute lyns because they represent who i am and my personality and have the cutest outfits. I know a few guys that love and adore cute stuff just as much as us girls but then again i know some guys that just love to make female characters with the biggest jiggly chests but cant say nothing bad about that for boys will be boys.

sowwy was off topic abit there...back to your regularly scheduled discussion and raging against lyns becoming wardens >^..^<

While I don't mind having Lyn or whatever race to have what class, what annoys me is how NCSoft conducts their business.

It is like they introduce a product with two variants (Gon and Jin Warden). When customers done pre-ordering, they then launch the third variant (Lyn Warden), throwing off-guard customers who already pre-order the first two variants. Some customer would immediately choose the third variant if all three are introduced at the same time. But since they don't know that third variant is possible to come (cuz Lyn doesn't sound physical enough to wield big sword), they just order one of the two initial variants.

Of course, NCSoft is generous, so they offer to let you change, with some "small fees". Like US$20. Cuz you need to charge US$20 for that 1,400 Race Change voucher.

Greedy company is greedy. Nothing new in this rotten world.

Lesson learned: if a new class doesn't have Lyn, don't try to make it if you want to play that class with Lyn race, cuz they will add it later.

5 hours ago, LoliDolly said:

Also i really hate the argument that gets brought up that elin in tera and lyn in BnS are nothing but kids or five year olds.

From what i understand its a western/european thing, even if they have beards if its below a certain height or lacks mamaries its a child. Its a really strange mindset ive noticed tbh.

Il y a 8 heures, LoliDolly a dit :

Someone finally recognizes that girls do play these games.  Lol and i love adorable stuff hence why my characters all mostly lyns except my sf but i even got her to looking adorable. the guys i play with in my static say she qualifies as an honorary lyn :giggle:. I play adorable cute lyns because they represent who i am.....

what is this "cliche"? i feel like fight for the "gender equality" is already over with those kind of statements. 

Il y a 8 heures, Showta a dit :

I'm seriously shocked that gaming today has gone this far to the point of people actually being outraged over a cute race getting a new class.  It's just a game. Some people (a lot of them usually being girls but not all of them of course, emphasis on SOME) don't want to play a super sexualized 39DDDDDDF bra amazon woman or a big macho ripped abs of steel man. and there is nothing wrong with that...

And its sad to see that there only few people that understand what going on with that "warden lyns meme", times has changed, smart people are gone...

They arent giving warden to lyn because it's cute, because first of all its not, unless you want to feed the "cliche" im a girl i play cute lyn cause they are cute and no matter what class they get its cute cause they cute blablabla...

They doing that to make money cause why didnt they just give warden for lyn when they released the class? the answer is they want people to pay a race voucher...

Now the main problem is in every games there code to respect, certain race got certain classes...now with warden on lyn i think we gonna cross the line between a serious game and a troll/meme game, no longer need mod to create "meme" and post it on youtube cause the "meme" is real now, we will be able to organize in the near futur clown fiesta in Blade & Soul and im looking forward for Gon summoner and Lyn Destroyer/Kfm cause at this point...why not?

and im still waiting for my gon gunner, damned rats getting everything, lyn gunner is where mistakes were made, seriously, they look like childs with waterguns

i still fail to understand why do ppl like lyn-like races so much, guess  im too old(25), or maybe im just not a child abuser

i  wouldnt mind having lyn around if they wouldnt get all the attention every damn time

they r like gnomes from WoW, or teemo from league, every1 hates them, but they r still there(ppl usually dislike small annoying stuff, not to mention the pvp advantages the small size can have,but pvp is ded in bnswest, so its okay)

tldr: this game was always about fetishes, the races represent that well.

quick question for you, how does playing a lyn make one a child abuser? As for them getting the attention, well despite what people wish to think it has been confirmed that tera was saved due to the elin hence why they tend to be the focus. I mainly play lyn, why? because I enjoy being a short race, their animations tend to be a bit exaugurated and outlandish. As for you "being to old" that is a poor excuse considering I am 31.

5 hours ago, Vyd said:

and im still waiting for my gon gunner, damned rats getting everything, lyn gunner is where mistakes were made,

i still fail to understand why do ppl like lyn-like races so much, guess  im too old(25), or maybe im just not a child abuser

i  wouldnt mind having lyn around if they wouldnt get all the attention every damn time

they r like gnomes from WoW, or teemo from league, every1 hates them, but they r still there(ppl usually dislike small annoying stuff, not to mention the pvp advantages the small size can have,but pvp is ded in bnswest, so its okay)

tldr: this game was always about fetishes, the races represent that well.

Child Abuse? Now thats a first. So many assumptions in your post, you seem to be very close minded. Your assuming that because gamers like cute adorable characters in a game that surely they are younger than you (under 25) oh how wrong you are. Then your assuming because someone plays lyn-like races im assuming elins included in tera are child abusers. LoL i would love for you to share why its child abuse because I play a lyn and played elin in tera. I am guessing you seem to know all the reasons why someone plays a particular race.  Then there is your statement this game is about fetishes due to races. I should mention fetish has nothing to do with a race but more with the outfits. (fetish-a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body). just to clarify...

I dont plan on arguing about this though because im sure it would be a im right your wrong scenario, so it is what it is,  rather lets just get back on track what this thread is truly about. should lyns get another class that was not originally intended for them.

6 hours ago, Vyd said:

seriously, they look like childs with waterguns

I did find this statement amusing. Maybe we should see if NCsoft can add water as an element :giggle:

@LoliDolly

okay, cool

about waterguns yeah sure as long as other classes gets something too like a water splashing GS, or axe, lel, would be weird(fun) watching a des carrying a watermatress and smashing or a warden.

@Xephirah

like i said   i have no idea why ppl like them so much, so these are just assumptions, take it with salt, it wasnt really meant to be that offensive tbh, considering the bns story, have you seen what happened to bunah and bunyang in act 9?lel(and lets not forget our fav lyn too with the letters,yes there are lyns even i like)

about size, tbh it should be limited for lyn, it hurts the pvp too much imo, i have to switch to mouse mode to target a supersmollyn behind his cat in arena, cause dumb targeting system.(ik gitgud)

soo yeah, apologies

but then again if lyns can get warden, its only natural to open up atleast 1 class to all the other races, cause its the same as ppl being forced to play lyn cause summ or bd,

and now you cant play lyn as warden and complain(oh the faction chat), and  this is upsetting, not just for me, for many others.(even if they dont whine on the forum)

you see, this is my main issue.(lets not get into the lore war)

once again, apologies if that offended you so deeply ._. (bns is darrrrrrk nowadays)

23 hours ago, Showta said:

Archer is still on the way and I heavily suspect that archer will include Yun later on in the exact same way that Lyn has later on been included in Warrior.

Nothing to get so worked up over. Relax. Again, it is just a game. Jins have the most classes still.

Jin and Lyn are probably the most popular is all. but they won't leave everyone else out entirely.

So from the first paragraph alone, I'm already smelling strawman, since you don't have to play Gon, that's why Warden is available for Jin. It's so those who don't like playing as a sexy and thus superior warrior (that's just a joke btw) don't have to.

And yes, we will be outraged because we don't want it, on top of this being the most blatant attempt to seep into our pocket's imaginable because that means people who want to play this class on Lyn now have to buy race change vouchers. Let's not get into the very obvious fact that no Lyn will be able to ever hold such a weapon, let alone use it to the same effect as a sexy and superior Gon (Yes, that's going to be a running joke in this post), it's very obvious that this is meant to get young women like you, who love cute things, to buy a race change voucher.

In other words, the mere existence of Lyn Warden is to be a cash grab, just like Lyn Gunslinger. On top of that, have you seen the animation for Lyn Female Gunslinger when you're on the character selection screen? That is a bit sexualized for something that looks like a child.

Now let's move on to the next issue at hand and that's the game's overall tone, which is dark AF. It's trying so hard to make you take it serious, killing off (spoilers) children literally left and right to get you to feel bad. It's honestly Grim dark enough to make 40k feel like a sunny day in the park (exaggeration). But on top of that, you expect me to soak in all this darkness while playing as a race with a small CHILDLIKE body, with an animal's ears and tail? And yes, they're childlike, just listen to their default voice acting and tell me you can't hear a kid in there, or at least an adult trying to sound like one. Now we have that, along with this character holding a comically over sized weapon and wielding it to the same effect as someone more athletic than themselves?

The bottom line in that paragraph is that I no longer can take the game seriously if this is going to be the case. Because, let's be honest, this isn't about making a good game anymore, it's about making as much money as quickly as possible, even if it means shortening the lifespan of the game. Which is a massive problem for many game developers in the US, they go for the quick path to quick money that leads to dead ends, instead of taking the longer and harder paths that leads to untold riches and eternal bliss.

Furthermore, judging from the launch trailer for Warden, we see what is very obviously a Gon male as the class, and for GS we see a Jin Male. So very clearly these two classes were intended to be for fully developed looking humans, rather than animistic and small creatures such as Lyn.

In other words, it's implied and pretty well established a long time ago that the game follows a logic of physiology when creating their classes, but as we can see now, they've decided to abandon said logic...which is most disappointing.

Archived