Forums

Frost single target skills

csisy

I'm wondering if there's ever gonna be a change about the Frost Warden's RMB and F. Now the frost warden is basically single target with only a few skills that deal AoE dmg (the other F and 4). It would be nice if they could change the two main skills to deal a small AoE dmg (e.g. 3m near the target) similar to the Frost SF's RMB/F.

You also have your C which does a decent amount of damage and also makes a second C skill open up for use afterward, as well as a wide sword swipe with LMB that becomes available when you block with 1.

Also remember you get to use your 4 skill 3 times before it goes on CD and it's CD isn't really that long.

Btw it isn't "mainly built for pvp".  It's pretty much just as good as lightning in PvE if only slightly behind in DPS at end game gear.  I main frost for PvE and have had 0 issues.

Most of the different complaints I read regarding both specs aren't that bad once you progress your gear. It's unfortunate that the class feels clunky right out of the box but I assure you that the "downsides" of both builds are mitigated through proper gear and proper badges.

1. Most common frost complaint - Lack of AOE skills:  When you get Dynasty badge, the lack of AOE becomes less of an issue. With Dynasty badge, your main sentry stance rotation becomes AOE.

2. Most common lightning complaint - the hp cost of skills and frenzy stance: Get your AP up and get Aransu badge, I dont even have to LMB anymore. Frenzy stance goes from a hp drain to a viable way to heal up. I only use Frenzy LMB for those cases where I am caught out of position while in Frenzy stance and cannot drain hp with Frenzy RMB. As soon as I get uptime on boss again and can frenzy RMB, I got back up to full hp in less than 2 seconds lol. Lightning tanks can legit facetank boss mechanics with V and Frenzy RMB. 

I have more insight  on Lightning because that's what I play but from the geared Frost wardens I've seen, my statement about them is true. I could be wrong though.

Thanks for your opinions. I'm trying to get used to the frost build (while also testing lightning as well) and you're right. Later on the lack of AoE is not that a huge problem at all.

Also, the HP cost of skills isn't that bad, most of the loss can be compensated by HP regen and HP drain. If you go really low, you can press 1 LMB that heals at least 15% of your HP. 

Archived