Just sharing some love and knowledge about Soul Fighter <3

Ratatatouille

Greetings,

Introduction: (Feel free to skip my insignificant trashy introduction and move right to next subtitle if you prefer to get right to the point.Cheers. <3 )

I don't know if anyone remembers me or not (probably not since I'm rather an insignificant person not worthy of recognition) but anyway,my soul fighter was Lune Violette from NA-Zulia server and I was Crimson faction.

My other characters were NightSwan, Nona Jojo, Seeress Yeul and was also known as "Vengeance" if anyone ever cared to check my account name,anyway. haha c:

I've made my SF since it was released on NA and well,I've quit on May or June this year and gave my account to someone else since I basically wanted to quit the game for good then later,I was told that my ex-account got permabanned for some reasons but it doesn't really matter as I already quit ages ago so if you can see my characters still there and playing,that's not the actual me,that's the other person.

Sorry for the long details but I thought I'd point that out.

Anyway,when I gave my account to that other person,I sent them a notepad with my experience and what I managed to learn about SF in the time I played it so it might help them play my SF (since it was my main and most geared so easier for them) if they wanted to.

My noob humble knowledge of SF class: (The information I want to share in this post are below this)

While I understand I'm an insignificant noob,I thought to share the contents of that notepad with what I managed to learn about SF in hopes it might inspire or help any SF out there in anyway:

(Notice that it could be out of date since I quit since May or June this year 2018 and I don't know if there were any significant changes to SF since then)

(Notice also that my information are mostly about frost SF rather than earth,I have knowledge about both but I've personally always loved and played frost mostly so I've got more knowledge about frost SF than earth SF and its just a matter of personal preference,really)

(Notice that I also had all SF HM skills,Blue Moon badge and 60 HM Pts from HM levels)

There you go (copy pasta from my notepad):

How to frost SF.txt

"This is for frost SF only:

RMB(right punch) in melee>1-2 energy
10 energy=able to do F Iron Shoulder.
F>1 chi
5 chi=able to do V frost storm on melee or windstorm on ranged.
V>golden dragon stack
3 golden dragon stack+5 chi=able to do V Ice Helix on melee.
V Ice Helix> consumes all golden dragon and chi stacks and gives rising buff for 15 sec instead.
Rising buff>X chi burst=more heal.

Basic melee combo:

RMB>F 1 chi
2>F 1 chi
X 1 chi

V at 5 chi

Z>V>hold RMB>V

Better not Z when you have 3 golden dragon stacks so you won't waste the free stack from Z.

Advanced Ranged+melee combo:

Melee: 
X 1 chi
2>F 1 chi
RMB>F 1 chi

Switch ranged:

V 1 chi then spam RMB+LMB anicancel
2 1 chi

V>2>RMB+LMB basic ranged combo.

Tab switch back to melee and V frost storm.

Ranged 3 skill step 3 (Ice Coil)> 5 chi instantly+switches back to melee

So 3 in ranged then you get switched to melee automatically and use V frost storm.

Intermediate rotation:

Start with ranged and do 3 (on ranged) then V frost storm (on melee) then Z>V>hold RMB>V
Now,you have 3 golden dragon stacks and next frost storm will become an Ice Helix instead (stronger frost storm and gives rising effect instead of golden dragon)
Try to collect 5 chi quickly while you have 3 golden dragon stacks to do ice helix as follows:

In melee:
X 1 chi
2>F (Breeze Kick) 1 chi
RMB>F (Iron shoulder) 1 chi

Then you can stay melee and RMB>F,etc till you get 5 chi for V (Ice helix)
OR switch ranged and V>RMB+LMB anicancel>2
Ranged V=1 chi
Ranged 2=1 chi
Then switch back melee with tab and V Ice helix.

Use stage 3 counter (1 skill) on pve and stage 1 for pvp.
Stage 2 (the block) only useful for blocking stuff like Asura orb,etc.

When you do Ice helix,your 3 golden dragon stacks are consumed and you get rising effect instead which has 15 sec duration.
During rising effect,your X (chi burst) has stronger healing for party,etc so try to do your X(chi burst) after you do Ice helix and have the rising effect.

You have 6 dashes,3 in melee mode Q,E,SS and 3 in ranged Q,E,SS.
You have 3 gab closers (charges) in melee,2 and Q and E.
Also stage 1 counter (1 skill) teleports you behind enemy when successful but that's more pvp.

SS dash on melee switches you to ranged mode so you can SS twice if you're in melee mode.

In melee mode,pick stage 2 3 skill which does KNOCKDOWN on pve and stage 3 of same skill which does KNOCKBACK (and blocks DEFENSE skills) on PVP.
On pve,picking stage 2 of 3 skill on melee means you can joint 2 Knockdowns on melee mode so your 3 and 4 skill are joint knockdowns.
On ranged mode,4 skill is 2 joint stun.
Stage 2 chi burst (X heal skill) is good on pve for HP buff but stage 1 better for PVP for counter and defense buff.
Use 50 of your hongmoon points in offense in P menu and 10 in defense to get the bonus which lets you get +100 AP when you IFrame damage.That's for PVE.
But for PVP,better go for 10 points in debuff defense,10 points health regeneration and 20 defense,rest in offense.

Try to get Sagewood badge from TOI shop in Mushin's instead of Bluemoon badge.
Sagewood badge lets your F Ironshoulder give 3 chi instead of 1 chi.
BlueMoon badge lets your F Breeze Kick on (2>F) combo give 1 chi instead of no chi and increases Breeze kick damage by a good sum.
Both are nice but I think Sagewood is faster for collecting more V froststorms.

Using X heal (chiburst) for hp buff makes potion (healing Tonic) healing better because,it heals max hp % and X stage 2 increases that max HP for all party including yourself.
It also makes C (invincibility skill) small healing better because of same reason.

Ranged 3 can get cooldown reset from weapon effect but Z skill doesn't get cooldown reset so that's why you do ranged 3 then V frost storm first before Z>V frost storm combo.

X in melee gives you 20% more crit damage and Ice Helix V gives you more crit damage % as well for some seconds.

Having 5 chi or using Z while you're in ranged stance enables you to do F windstorm instead of V froststorm.
Windstorm gives you 1 golden dragon stack as well and has life drain/lifesteal so its good if you need healing/sustain and generally better PVP than PVE because,its damage is not as good as V frost storm on melee and it can't become Ice Helix like V froststorm can.

Melee X skill,use stage 1 of it on pve but stage 3 on pvp (which blocks defense skills and lets you charge at enemy if they block/counter)
SF AERIAL COMBOs:

Aerial combo in melee is 2(stage 2 of charge skill lets it stun) then LMB then F
Or in general,you need enemy to be stunned then you LMB them when they're stunned to aerial then F to knock them down and get 100% evasion thing.

Aerial combo in ranged,you'll need to get stage 2 of 2 skill in ranged (displace) and you'll need to stun enemy then ranged 2 them which aerials them then hold/spam F windstorm while they're in air.

SF In PVP is more about timing your dashes,counter (1) and using both your Aerials more often.
Ranged mode is better for sustain/lifesteal/healing while melee mode is better for breaking enemy defense/counter,dealing more damage and CC/disables/freezes.

Most basic thing you wanna do in PVP is land successful Z>V>hold RMB>V combo which should freeze enemy.
Your ranged 3>V combo.
Your 2 aerial combos.
Your ranged V>RMB+LMB anicancel combo.

On pvp,its better to go for stage 2 frost storm V(which pulls enemies towards you and casts it around you like a shield)and to go stage 2 RMB (right punch) which lets it collect chi slower than stage 1 but lets it chill enemy on crit which is much better for PVP.
Stage 2 ranged RMB is better as well for the freeze.

On PVP,collecting chi through basic combos is not as important as it is in PVE but it focuses more on doing Aerials along with the quick methods for V frost storm like Z>V or ranged 3>V,etc because,its harder to hit your enemy more often on PVP if they're not disabled/CCed.

Stage 1 counter is pretty good against Summoners and FMs in PVP.
Make sure you time them right to be able to deal better against those 2 in PVP as SF.
Same story for Q and E."

Cheers and I do hope my humble noob knowledge of frost SF helps or inspires you in anyway. <3

Goodbye: (Just goodbyes from an insignificant someone aka myself who deserves no goodbyes so you can skip reading that,too if you'd like)

I've had both nice moments and sad moments in this game and I'll admit that I rather enjoyed both and probably learnt something or 2 as well. :P

I love and miss you all,sweet people whether the ones who used to be on my old NA-Juwol server or the ones who were on my (after merge) NA-Zulia server including the positive,the normal and the toxic.

I miss and love all of you from my very nice old friends and guild mates like Bromosexual, Wiccassan, Tulls and later Rainage and RainWind and all the others!! to "Rich Chigga" and "SporkFuSensei whom I enjoyed to troll every now and then (with good intention!Honest :D ) *cough*

I wish you all goodluck and fine days.

If my characters are still being played,that's not me.

If I ever come back to this game,I'm more likely to start fresh on EU server (since ping is slightly better for me on EU server) and try out assassin again since it was alot of fun for me as I leveled it before I quit.

Eventhough,I doubt I'll ever be back to this game.

Goodbye,sweet people of old NA-Juwol server and of the after merge NA-Zulia server as well as the sweet people I met in cross server occasionally. <3

Regards,

Lune Violette (Vengeance)

• 1 month later...

Dear Ratatatouille thank you very much for this guide, i just started with SF and i aprechiate what you do for the community, btw pls forgive me for my english i am from europe, i can definetely see you deep passion you had for this game and the carefull explanation in your guide, i am truly thankfull for your effort.

I wish you the best of luck 

- JckOClubs

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 12:44 AM, JckOClubs said:

Dear Ratatatouille thank you very much for this guide, i just started with SF and i aprechiate what you do for the community, btw pls forgive me for my english i am from europe, i can definetely see you deep passion you had for this game and the carefull explanation in your guide, i am truly thankfull for your effort.

I wish you the best of luck 

- JckOClubs

On 11/8/2018 at 5:31 PM, Rivienne said:

hi,

i dont know what is better for pve. frost or earth?

ingame i see 50% frost and 50% earth XD so i dont know what i have to choose :/

hi,dears.
I'm glad both of you found this useful but as I mentioned in my original post,
I already quit the game for almost a year now or may be a bit less.
I gave away my main SF account to someone else before I left ages ago and last I heard was that they got it permanently banned. (well,shame haha)
So the info up there and that I currently know about SF is more likely to be somewhat out of date.
However,what I wrote up there and what I know is about SF since its release on NA/EU server till the date I left so there is that but I'm not updated on any new changes since the date I left.

I'm really glad someone found the info useful,however.

Also,for the earth or frost question,honestly,back in my days,both were great in their own way.
I personally always preferred frost (at least for melee stance).
When SF first came out,you could go frost+earth hybrid so I used to go frost melee and earth ranged but then it forced us later to choose 1 of both elements for both stances (kind of sad,loss of flexibility in builds but it is what it is)
When SFs as well as most other classes were forced to build for 1 element or the other at some point,I went SF frost and never looked back since then.

Aside from the fact that frost was pretty fun to play (at least for me),Earth was easier to do more damage with early on but later on,when people got certain high level bracelets with effects,there was a bracelet stronger than dragon bracelet for frost SF which made it become op at this point when you could get that bracelet or so I heard.

Other than that,I'd say both builds back then were almost equally good,imo but different play style.
If you're into more anicancel combo then you go Earth but if you hate anicancel like myself then Frost is your friend.

2 things to notice also about frost,Frost storm which is frost's V allow you to hit and do other skills while its in action while King Fist which is earth's V doesn't allow such luxury but the attack itself yields more damage than frost storm.That's how it was at least till I quit the game.

However,I've always found it easier to stack chi levels on frost than on Earth.It definitely became easier to stack them on Earth build as well later after SF remake but I still felt frost was faster at stacking.
it could be just me,however.

Frost storm can also cause some fps drops for lower spec machines due to its effects..Even on lower graphics but its not a very big issue in most cases or was not for me,at least.

To say the least,frost storm (V skill for frost) was so op that it could 1 hit multiple ppl in battlegrounds that they had to nerf it multiple times already and I still found it amazing even after multiple nerfs so there is that. 

In PVP,I find frost better for CC and earth better for breaking/disabling defenses so I believe earth works better against stuff like BM or KFM,etc but then again I might be wrong on that. I've gone mostly Frost either ways and it worked very well so except against some classes that blocked approach skills like Summoners or FM,those I could beat,too but struggled against more than most others specially after they increased cooldown on the elbow smash 1 counter from 3 to 6 sec  ;_;

So in short,I'd say ask other SFs about these stuff because,again,I'm not really up to date of how it is now..Much could have changed so my info could be invalid in some way so it would be safer to confirm from other SF mains who still play.
My point of view here is based on my knowledge a year ago or so before I quit.

Thanks for the great compliments and I wish you good luck and best of wishes,dears. <3

Archived