New class,new story addition yet the yellow quest so long

qqqq1

It takes me like 4 days to get don't with the story 

first day i made it some where to lvl 30, then got bored, next day level 45 got bored next day lvl 50 hm something then another day to hit 55 and complete orange side quest.

point is if you a new player playing this, its gonna take you over a week, considering the fact , you aint gonna see anyone much on your journey, and not gonna be motivated much.

andd when you finally hit lvl 55 ( you quit ) looooooooool i seen this happen too much time now for it to be a coincidence, the sotry quest is so time consuming which it should be but there are time when you just afk causeof the amount of windstride you do at lvl 45 - 50 it so time consuming i have 8 alts now and  everytime i do it feels longer i swear . by the time a new player gets to lvl 55 they all burned out and bored to get smack with the fact that this game f2p up to nf just to get discourage its not like 2 years ago when the game as all about bout lvling when narrows was packed misty was full and poharan was top dog. the game has progressed to new heights . after going through all that story alone ..to find out you gonna have to live in basin to have decent f2p gear lol which is literally a whole day and second job.

shorten the story from 45 - 55, those unnecessary windstrides  justto hav 1 convo is really annoying , as they love to say old content phasing it out old story phase it out too.

i know you have people how there who can do the story in record time but at what cost -___- 

considering a new player doesn't have op gems or black gems , still learning the stuff, still making mistake ..and have to solo much of the yellow content which most of them come into this game blind ..i remember when i just started i it said something about secondary inventory and am like wtf is that ...bns is like rocket science .

How you imagine that they could shorten story. That would mean cuting out whole story thats tells about your char begginings,about your clan being wiped out and all the alies you you got through your jurney. When game progress its story only gets longer thats natural. If its boring as hell to do it multiple times?Hell yes especialy cinderlands,misty woods,silverfrost mountains. They cant just cut story thats not how it works and they alrd made adjustments to the long quest like cutting number of mobs needed to kill or giving winstride to location rather then runing yourself. I have 9 chars and going to get warden as well and i fully agree that doing story is realy eating time now but from my perspective its only natural when more of story is added to game. It would be grate if they could do something but only solucion would be just five out lvl 50 vouchers for free for ppl who alrd did lvl 1-55manualy at least once but we know it wont happen because they get money from those vouchers.

25 minutes ago, Granger said:

They could cut out all those stupid collect/kill x things quests of the story and instead have us be able to just click tru

and give story windstrides no cooldown.

Well for old player yes for new one these quest are meant to learn their new skills what they do and so on. We as old players who done it countless times are fed with them even when they alrd nerfed it. So we cant look at it realy from new player perspective.

@qqqq1  "i have 8 alts"   you answered your own problem.

a new player will not bother doing the story once, or even twice, you simply burned yourself out instead of enjoying  the game at your own pace.

this is the first mmo i played where leveling took like 2-3 days, and it think this is totally wrong, cause new ppl will get bored even faster, cause of the gearwall they will face in a week,look at all the low level dungeons that are not being used, skipped, with that you could streamline the progression so smoothly,sure butthurt veterans would cry coz it would take longer to level their alts. we are slowly getting past this starting gearwall problem with all the quests that helps new ppl to gear up, for example, the 250 draken core quest, just one of the few quests,while i think we need more, it is a good start.A more reasonable concern could be the moonstone, elysian gains,and ofc,the gold you get at midrange dungeons,(for the new players out there).

other thing is, every1 wants topgear in a week in this game for some reason, and most of the community even expects you to, which is kinda wrong imo.

i believe most of the ppl that played mmos, had experience with grinding 1 dungeon just for 1 part of their gear, sometimes it took a month.

y'all elitist are just giving new players the wrong idea about the game.

you are not supposed to have 8 alts, its the way you decided to play the game,and like i said, you simply burned out cause you wanted to progress faster.

i agree on the windstride ammounts when you reach the ebondrake act. and the cd tho, its kinda stupid if you look at it seriously.

another solution, lvl50 voucher.i got one from a giveaway some time ago(planning to use it on my warden), and i believe even ncwest gave away some at some point.

leveling vouchers are becoming more common in every game nowadays.

i myself play this game with 2 char, gonna be 3 if i enjoy the warden(seems like i will).

after im done with the daily/weekly stuff, i either go and play something else,or farm a bit of dungeons,basin(altho i hate basin),or scrub around in mushin's tower,koldrak.

its admirable to have 8 alts and all, but you will simply burn yourself out,(and come to the forums to cry for free stuff),heck you could even praise ncwest cause they revert the gear most of the time you ask them to,when you are so butthurt that you spent extra mats before a cost reduction.

§my 2 cent§

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Vyd:

you are not supposed to have 8 alts,

In this game? Yes you are. Otherwise you flat out wont make progress. Literally everything here is on a daily lock out, outside of the daily quests and event theres no rewards to grind be found anywhere. Literally only thing you can grind here is celestial basin and SSP.

12 minutes ago, Granger said:

In this game? Yes you are. Otherwise you flat out wont make progress. Literally everything here is on a daily lock out, outside of the daily quests and event theres no rewards to grind be found anywhere. Literally only thing you can grind here is celestial basin and SSP.

like i said, elitist community wants to progress too fast§

if you have no experience from other mmos where you had to spend almost a year to be decent, then there is nothing to argue about.

dungeons being on a daily lock is nothing new§

What am I reading

New players get through story just fine. Sure maybe some won't like it, but the majority I talked to were pumped up by it feeling invested in certain characters in the story. Shorting the story is non-negotiable, I don't even want anyone to joke around about that. I don't think people realize what happens when you do things like that.

Go ask any current Tera player what their games story is like, how their leveling experience is.

It's beyond brain dead for them. They had like half their story gutted, so now their story makes absolutely no sense with entire towns written out that no one goes to for any reason anymore on top of leveling being so fast that it isn't a challenge, they don't feel invested or even know who any of the characters in the game are aside from themselves, and they get to max level in 1 day then try to immediately jump into end game content and get their shift kicked in, then quit saying the games too hard.

So even if you made it so people could level to max in 2 seconds you know what, people will still whine and quit anyway complaining that now all the dungeons and raids need to be clearable in 2 seconds too, so they can do that and then quit anyway because they have nothing to do.

You see how everything is connected in life?!?!

The story is not to be touched.

well theres a thing call summarize, bns just love to to just fat translate and throw us whatever kr gives.....summarize some of the story ...the windstride part i dont see why i have to windstride  to rural outfiters so many time back and forth and there are times when i have to ait on windstride cd ...also if they keep doing the game like this what happen when more story comes out? its gonna be the same length cause they lazy to do some modification.

having alts in this game allows me to do up to sandstorm ithout paying a dime ... if it wasnt for them i wouldnt be here. and tbh it took me a moth to get lvl 50 when i ust started .fact of the matter is the game is not about lvl 1-50 or lvl 50 its about lvl 55 

its the biggest reason people quit when they hit max lvl caue the shocking reality has set in ..nobody expect you to have max gear at the end of sotry but thats how they are treated so literally the game is for die hard people who was hre from day one thats who they catering for..cause slowly dying.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Vyd:

like i said, elitist community wants to progress too fast§

if you have no experience from other mmos where you had to spend almost a year to be decent, then there is nothing to argue about.

dungeons being on a daily lock is nothing new§

Read again. Without an army of alts it'll take decades (or swiping) to get your soul, as example. If you want to limit yourself to 1 crafted oil per month + 2/month from events then be my guest. Similar deal with ressources, do you wanna craft only once every 2 weeks? Have every upgrade take half a year? Here you go.

This absolutely is an issue on bns side, the game is barely even playable on a single character. And seriously, if you dont make any alts at all you might aswell play less than an hour a day because past that theres nothing you can do with any reward whatsoever. (outside of afking at basin, awesome gameplay)

And here people are wondering why newcomers for the most part dont make it trough the story and if quit shortly after... the story absolutely is part of it, what ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing game ask you to spend 12 hours on it before you can actually... yknow, PLAY it? Either cut the story something drastic or undo the whole "well you 1shot everything forever despite being super weak in the actual story". I gurantee you, noone finds that fun past the first 2 hours.

6 hours ago, Granger said:

Read again. Without an army of alts it'll take decades (or swiping) to get your soul, as example. If you want to limit yourself to 1 crafted oil per month + 2/month from events then be my guest. Similar deal with ressources, do you wanna craft only once every 2 weeks? Have every upgrade take half a year? Here you go.

This absolutely is an issue on bns side, the game is barely even playable on a single character. And seriously, if you dont make any alts at all you might aswell play less than an hour a day because past that theres nothing you can do with any reward whatsoever. (outside of afking at basin, awesome gameplay)

And here people are wondering why newcomers for the most part dont make it trough the story and if quit shortly after... the story absolutely is part of it, what ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing game ask you to spend 12 hours on it before you can actually... yknow, PLAY it? Either cut the story something drastic or undo the whole "well you 1shot everything forever despite being super weak in the actual story". I gurantee you, noone finds that fun past the first 2 hours.

hm, at this point its not even worth repeating myself xD

i wonder what kind of games y'all played to find a 12+ -  hour leveling long.

i dont have a problem with slow progression, i used to farm dungeons for months just for 1 damn item.

i wouldnt say newcomers quit coz of the story, back at game launch most of my friends quit cause they didnt like the combat, or the graphics,or the bad optimization

que times,or simply cause they did not get what they expected after all the hype.

sure some1 out there probably hates the story,(like you guys do)i mean,damn why do i have to do a bunch of quest in WoW just to start raiding a month later.

I’m going to have to agree, bns leveling isn’t long at all especially to reach the highest you can go (excluding hm levels). Maybe cause I’ve played other games with a much longer story and no level cap. It just starts to get repetitive when you do it on so many chars but that’s why they allow you to buy a lvl 50 voucher.

2-3 days is too long? Try play Fiesta. It cost you only two years of your life and huge amount of money to get max level. Many old MMOs was pure grindfest and nobody cares at that time. These days leveling is too easy and too fast, but ppl still be crying.

My account is full of alts and don't mind do story again.

And I'm sure new players are more concerned about story and first impresion than be max geared in few days. Also leveling first character is always harder and takes longer time in any MMO. My first character has average gear after 4 months and better gear after another 3 months. Compare to other MMO's I have played, it's still pretty fast. Everyone want to be max geared after few days. This is not how MMO works.

If you don't like do story again, then buy lvl 50 voucher. Problem solved.

9 hours ago, qqqq1 said:

well theres a thing call summarize, bns just love to to just fat translate and throw us whatever kr gives.....summarize some of the story ...the windstride part i dont see why i have to windstride  to rural outfiters so many time back and forth and there are times when i have to ait on windstride cd ...also if they keep doing the game like this what happen when more story comes out? its gonna be the same length cause they lazy to do some modification.

having alts in this game allows me to do up to sandstorm ithout paying a dime ... if it wasnt for them i wouldnt be here. and tbh it took me a moth to get lvl 50 when i ust started .fact of the matter is the game is not about lvl 1-50 or lvl 50 its about lvl 55 

its the biggest reason people quit when they hit max lvl caue the shocking reality has set in ..nobody expect you to have max gear at the end of sotry but thats how they are treated so literally the game is for die hard people who was hre from day one thats who they catering for..cause slowly dying.

They do have a "summarize" feature - it's called a lv 50 voucher.

If you have your "8 alts", then you clearly have time to play. Takes a few days to "slog" through the storyline and there's another character down. Stop acting like a self-entitled child. You're pretty much throwing a tantrum over having to play a game. Nobody's forcing you to do so. If you want a game with no story mode that lets you power level from the get go, you're playing the wrong game, kid.

Also, I love the irony here of the person who says the game is "for die hard people who was here from day one" as an insult to the game... despite the guy having 8 alts. Yep... no die-hard players here. Also, fitting name, since both active threads you have going right now involve you qqing.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Vyd:

i dont have a problem with slow progression, i used to farm dungeons for months just for 1 damn item.

i wouldnt say newcomers quit coz of the story, back at game launch most of my friends quit cause they didnt like the combat, or the graphics,or the bad optimization

The problem lies in how the story doesnt actually teach you anything at all and in fact plays nothing at all like the rest of the game does. You're oneshotting even bosses pretty much in the story and thats a problem. Like i said, either cut that crap out or fix the problems with the story. Being completly op and having no challenge at all no matter what you do is not engaging whatsoever and fun only for a short while.

Just think, why do so many damn newcomers dont make it past the story and or quit shortly after? Theres a lot i can say about what happens directly after the story also but this thread isnt for that. (seriously though what do you think how a newbie feels when presented with the celestial basin and the sentence "welcome, now grind around 30k peaches")

I started playing BnS at launch and the story was one of the main reasons that kept me there (the others being visuals, environments and combat system). I wholly replayed it around 9 times (no, I only have 4 alts, the others were tries and did not make it further, and yes, I do think you do need alts or crazy spending habits in his game), and although playing the storyline quests is not as exciting as the first time and I get annoyed at some go back and forth too, I still like it a lot. Give me more storyline anytime, I take it over everything else in the game. 

I think that if they had not outphased so badly the Silverfrost dungeons, new players would not have such a shock after finishing the story line and being thrown to the lions. The transition was much smoother before that cursed patch that cut off gold rewards in Silverfrost dungeons and created a huge rift between the end of the yellow quests and the start of the current game activity. That patch killed a lot of things. I, for one, wont be blaming the storyline for the current issues, that's for sure. 

i said this game is for die hards from day 1, who invested so much money , or free time with alts ..only way your gonna survive in this game unless you new and start whaling .... i mean yea doing sotry is fun when you playing  blind char for the first time learning new skills but when you hit 45 its literally a chore ..the windstrides the waiting for cd on windstride, even with my slow load screen i still get winstride cd lol.

the game doenst start until you have at least lvl 55 with a raven weapon, the new riftwalk event is so trap  mean yea you couuld have some spare hammers to get up to 5 slot if you roll 3, if you have a bunch of char but what about those new comers falling for a trap like that. 

even with rift walk or dawn its still hard to get in party so idk y they pretending as if ... make hammers accessible.

also if people quit after the story it shows that theres a problem, yeai kno the game been around for a while, and we have long gone in to 2 years plus of old content.so everyne coming have to play through all of that and am not talking really about about story everything in general leading up to actually doing ns up.

basin is so long and boring at first it was fun but the length of time they gonna be spending there is so evil.

then focus on bt soulshield most of them try to find a raid cause of the poor gold income, if it wasnt for the whales of today my alts would be sitting at msp ss rn so imagine for a new player to hunt some gold to at least 100 to buy raids and try to get accs, while focusuing on so much stuff , i wonder if people know how far ahead we are not interms of max gear but to raven lvl that dungeon are asking for..they implementing stuffs which i like but the story man ...we need new ppl to make this game bigger the more people the more fun we all have overall.couple years back i could queue bg anytime of the day lol, not talking really about that but theres a big gap in the game that needs to be looked at. 

all am saying lvl 45 - 50 needs some summarizing cause really and truly after lvl 45 the story i the last thing am thinking about after that many windstrides...

ghs - outfitters - beast bog -outfitter -ghs -outfitters just to talk to 1 person so stupid!!!! your not fighting just talking 

moonwater plains storyline  is even worse lol 

what i personally believe  is that they should add a new weapon close to dawn and rift stats. and phase out bale and seraph now.

am just grabbing all my alts before acertain time cause if the game was up to some of you guys ...... even 5 years after now people will have to play to 7 years of story to get smack by another milestone and then it be like a hnd ful of die hard from 7 years ago playing ..at some point they will have to summarize it cause its old story content back then lvl 50 was the cap so it was hard to reach there i understand now lvl 55 is the cap phase some out thank yoou very much

Archived